(UPDATED) ANNOUNCEMENT: New Forum Software and what to expect. Old layout will be back soon.

I'm starting to understand why they call this new software "Vanilla" :smiley:

Callaway Epic Flash Subzero Driver, 9 degrees, Diamana S+ shaft
Srixon H85 17* hybrid
Srixon H85 20* hybrid
Srixon H85 22* hybrid
Srixon Z765 5-PW irons KBS Tour V shafts

Cleveland CBX 50* wedge
Cleveland Zipcore 54* wedge
Mizuno S18 58* wedge
Nike Method Core Drone 2.0 putter
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

> @Gxgolfer said: > There is a difference between frustration and unfounded and ill informed personal attacks. I don't disagree with you re: the personal attacks. However, people are frustra

> @Konklifer said: > When will the announcement be made that it's coming back in August?   September.

UPDATE: We have pushed some of the changes live. Tomorrow and into next week we will be significantly changing the look and feel to mimic the original GolfWRX behavior while doing so to preserve the m

Already changed it to “September”...

Would be better off just saying “new theme in the coming months”

Unfortunate that Vanilla is stringing you along.

• Like 1

Taylormade SIM 9.0 Project X Hzrdus Smoke Green Hulk 6.5
Taylormade SIM Max 15° Project X Even Flow Riptide 70X

Titleist TS3 19° Hybrid Tensei Pro White 100X
Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW Tour Issue S400
Vokey SM7 50.12F, 54.14F Stealth S200
Vokey SM8 Jet Black LE 60-10S S200
Taylormade Spider X Chalk

> @Schnee said:

> Already changed it to “September”...

>

> Would be better off just saying “new theme in the coming months”

>

> Unfortunate that Vanilla is stringing you along.

How long does "validation" take for a website theme anyway? Sounds like the developers are dragging their feet intentionally.

Titleist TSi3 10*, Tensei AV Blue Raw 55S

Titleist TS2 16.5*, Diamana LTD S+ Blue 80S

Titleist TS2 21*, Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 8S
Miura CB 801 4-PW, Recoil Proto 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4
Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 Crescent Neck LH, 34"

feedback - likes - old layout

![](https://media.giphy.com/media/gngO1gmBhS9na/giphy.gif "")

• Like 1

915D2 Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
712u 4i Recoil F4 110
714 AP2 5-PW Nippon Modus3 Tour 105x
SM6 51.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
restoration on my Mil-Spec

The new theme is approximately 60% through validation.

The first path is creating the custom theme. Now each change feature needs approval to ensure compatibility and coding compliance with vanilla environment. Also factor in philosophical discussions on how process are handled can make for a frustrating process for all.

Good news is we are seeing staging changes going live.

• Like 1

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

> @hybrid25 said:

> You heard it here first, new theme coming this Christmas.

As long as it comes with an option for a red/green/white christmas theme, I'll allow it.

----> See my current WITB
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Fujikura VENTUS Red 6 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 15° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 18° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 Fli-Hi | 4-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

> @DavePelz4 said:

> Can we have an AMA with the software team from Vanilla?

I think it's pretty clear this isn't a software team problem ;-)

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

> @Gxgolfer said:

> The new theme is approximately 60% through validation.

>

> The first path is creating the custom theme. Now each change feature needs approval to ensure compatibility and coding compliance with vanilla environment. Also factor in philosophical discussions on how process are handled can make for a frustrating process for all.

>

> Good news is we are seeing staging changes going live.

Gx, you guys just need some "on hold" music until this September rollout happens:

• Like 1

?

?

?

?

Cleveland Rtx4 (Raw) 48, 54, 60/Dynamic Gold TI s400

Bettinardi Studio Stock #8

Titleist ProV1x

I'm kind of baffled by all the outcry over how long this change has taken. I'm a technology idiot and even I know nothing goes as planned with these changes. And I really can't see anything that offends me so much I don't post. I guess a blah background is more offensive than I ever imagined it could be.

• Like 2

Titleist TS2
Titleist 917 F2 3 wood
Ping Anser 20,
Wilson V6's  3-GW
Ping Glide
58*ES

Bettinardi Queen B 6

How long is this going to exist? Is it an eternal part of the site now? Seems kind of silly to update monthly.

Driver: TaylorMade M3, 10.5*
Fairway: Adams Fast 10, 15*
Hybrid: Adams Idea Tech A4, 19*
5-GW: Titleist 718 AP1, 24*-48*
SW: Ping Glide ES, 56*
Putter: Ping Classic Stainless Steel Anser 2
Ball: Srixon Z-Star
Bag: Ping Mascot

I don't like y'all's attitude. Nobody is holding y'all to a deadline. You're the ones who set these deadlines, then you fail to meet them, then you get super defensive and offer up a bunch of excuses and technical jargon that most people don't really know. Try being cool for a change, people will understand about the software. In other words what is up with all the antagonism, is my question to you. Is this how you really feel about the membership?

If this post spells the doom of my account, then so be it. I am done here. But thanks for the memories.

• Like 1

What the internet does to people is such an interesting phenomenon. It’s like it makes sociopaths out of some significant percentage of people. Try having a little empathy.

I would bet the farm that the owners of this site are as frustrated or more frustrated with this than any of us. And when constant browbeating is their lot when they sign in here that has to be aggravating.

They are just people too and as such, can be expected to react to such attacks in a pretty predictable manner.

I am certain this conversion didn’t go as well as planned. I’m also fairly certain that the management of golfwrx are more upset about than the users of golfwrx.

Take it easy. See what happens. Don’t worry about it. Or leave. It’s really not that hard.

• Like 2

> @legitimategolf said:

> I don't like y'all's attitude. Nobody is holding y'all to a deadline. You're the ones who set these deadlines, then you fail to meet them, then you get super defensive and offer up a bunch of excuses and technical jargon that most people don't really know. **Try being cool for a change**, people will understand about the software. In other words what is up with all the antagonism, is my question to you. Is this how you really feel about the membership?

>

> If this post spells the doom of my account, then so be it. I am done here. But thanks for the memories.

What ? You're not getting your money's worth ? LMAO

![](http://www.quickmeme.com/img/b8/b8134ab0b85e1b7c7410dc318540c72316937c1569a7492a5b30221493952124.jpg "")

Callaway Epic Flash SZ Triple Diamond 9.0 Tour AD TP-6 Stiff

Adams A12 Idea Pro hybrid, 16*, Aldila 85 VS Proto Stiff

Ping G400 hybrid, 19*, 70 gr Stock Stiff

Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, 52, 60, DGS300

Vokey SM8 56/08 (Thanks WRX !!!)

Seemore MT7 Face Balanced (Today)

Chrome Soft Truvis Yellow/Black

The monthly target dates were estimates based on info we have.

The theme is 90% through validation. Staging almost looks like dev. Hoping to be completed this week then we can push to production. Because the theme is so different, other features were held back. No eta on new feedback system until we finish theme.

Previous feedback static scores will return in profile views.

• Like 1

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

> @legitimategolf said:

> It's been such a long time, most people don't even remember what the "old look" looked like anyways. Might as well move on IMO.

I disagree. There are a few main things that are missing that previously made the experience better. Without those items the site loses significant value.

1. Feedback for BST - its difficult to remember the good eggs from the bad without a score next to their names

2. Ease of reading - the contrast of colors and previous method of formatting from the previous version of this site made reading through topics much easier

3. The old like system - seeing how many people liked a single post in the right hand corner lets someone "catch up" on a topic without having to read through 600 posts of nonsense to get to the good contributions

I think my use of this site is down more than 80% if you average my previous 7 years. Part of that could be my boredom with reading the some version of the same questions we see year by year (ex. "im a 19 handicap, should i play blades?") but most of it is because the user interface is not what it once was.

• Like 2

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1580770-recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3m4-driver-fitting/"][size=2]M3 Taylormade Experience[/size][/url]

> @legitimategolf said:

> I don't like y'all's attitude. Nobody is holding y'all to a deadline. You're the ones who set these deadlines, then you fail to meet them, then you get super defensive and offer up a bunch of excuses and technical jargon that most people don't really know. Try being cool for a change, people will understand about the software. In other words what is up with all the antagonism, is my question to you. Is this how you really feel about the membership?

>

> If this post spells the doom of my account, then so be it. I am done here. But thanks for the memories.

“Yalls attitude?” How many of these posts are from people ripping about the validation timeframe? Honestly, I’m happy we have a place to discus equipment and the game we love for free. Pretty cool to me.

Driver: PXG 0811x 9* Fujikura Speeder 661 Evolution IV 
Irons: Mizuno 921 Forged 4-PW, Recoils 95 F4*
Hybrids: PXG 0317X 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: Ping Vault 2.0 Ketcsh (solid black)  
Bag: Mizuno K1-LO white/staff blue (something new is coming, cant decide.)
Ball: Titleist Pro V1, Snell MTB-X, Maxfli Tour

> @legitimategolf said:

> I don't like y'all's attitude. Nobody is holding y'all to a deadline. You're the ones who set these deadlines, then you fail to meet them, then you get super defensive and offer up a bunch of excuses and technical jargon that most people don't really know. Try being cool for a change, people will understand about the software. In other words what is up with all the antagonism, is my question to you. Is this how you really feel about the membership?

>

Programmers missing deadlines is so common it isnt even funny. The main reason why Microsoft OS releases have always been horrid and the general advice to wait till one or two service pack updates were released is that they were always slipping deadlines. I remember when I was in college for IT we had access to the alpha/beta version of Vista when it was still under codename. I was pretty excited to have the real thing when it was a finished product. Half the promised features were never delivered and we are what 2 or 3 OS now past? and those features are still not here.

I've got programs or phone apps I've been planning to build forever but havent actually got beyond the paper and pencil rough sketches of said programs. On the app side its mainly because I despise Java with the intensity of a billion burning suns.

2016 M1 9.5 tuned to 7.5
TM r15 3 wood
Adams Idea Pro 2h/4h
Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-PW
Vokey SM7 48* F Grind
Vokey SM7 54* F Grind
Vokey SM7 58* M Grind