Help me lower my launch angle

nez2ad49h38b.jpegI have always been a high ball hitter, but I think it is really starting to rob me of distance.   This is an 8 iron on my skytrak.   Clubs are i500 with dg120 s300.    Any good tips for launching the ball lower.  Something that promotes better shaft lean and better angle of attack.  While on trackman my angle of attack is almost at 0.  Any help appreciated.   Thank you. 

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can't help you with the swing - lots of reasons for high dynamic loft so you'd really have to post a video to get the most appropriate help and advice. But while you're working indoors,  just realize

Can't help you with the swing - lots of reasons for high dynamic loft so you'd really have to post a video to get the most appropriate help and advice.

But while you're working indoors,  just realize that some mats can increase launch and decrease spin from what you would see off of grass for the same swing.
  • Like 1

with a i500 and a light weight shaft, isn’t that what you’re going for?

Taylormade M5 Mitsubishi Kuro Kage XD 70 S
Titleist 917 F3 GD TourAD IZ 8S
Mizuno MP 69 3-PW DG S400
Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT
Bridgestone Tour B XS

It's all relative of  course, but in general terms 120 gm is not usually considered light weight.   Below 110 gm - maybe depending on who you talk to but more commonly below 100 gm is where "light weight" really starts.

31 y height isn't that high. I wouldn't want to hit it lower. it's already rolling out 8 yards.

average pga tour 8 iron descent angle is around 50, just like yours. they launch it lower and spin it more, but they have more speed than you.