Robert Garrigus

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

> @BearQ said: > If anyone is actually curious to the effects, usages and nearly everything possible into you can imagine- ask experts, use your resources and check your ego before doing so. Ba

> @MattyO1984 said: > Each to there own I guess but smoking that rubbish at 41?! Come on man, grow up!   I'm 66 and thinking about taking it up. :) It was rubbish in the 60's, I've heard it's

I just feel this: People have to pretend that this isn't addictive. It is, just like alcohol can be, though that's not illegal, but the misuse of it is. I've seen both damage the lives of people of

“Mashed Potatoes” vs “hey mannnn”

• Like 1

Driver 9* Titleist Tsi3 BLK 6x tipped 1”  45.5” C2 3w Tsi3 15* B1 Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”2i 19.5* T-MB AD DI 105x (Tipped 2.5”)  Sans 2i R15 5w Fit on Pro 95XX (tipped 2.5”)Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) Tour Issue X100s (HSx1) lie angle 620mb std specs + .25 to .5” Vokey Wedge Works Sm8 D grind 54(@53*) bounce 12* | custom grind leading edge relief w/ Nippon 125 x + 1” lie angle 63* Sm8 K grind 58(@59*) low bounce 6* | custom grind heel relief w/ Nippon 125 x + 1” lie angle 63 | Bettinardi BB8 tri sole - 70* Lie angle 2* of loft Super Stroke GT 1.0
All woods & 2i hot melted, GP Tour Velvet . 580 Ping Hoofer 

> @HoosierMizuno said:

> does anyone think if any star player....lets say top 20 ...... tested positive the pga would suspend?

> not to suggest any of these guys use it...but fowler, JT, tiger, koepka, rory....not a chance pga suspends, right?

> @HoosierMizuno said:

> does anyone think if any star player....lets say top 20 ...... tested positive the pga would suspend?

> not to suggest any of these guys use it...but fowler, JT, tiger, koepka, rory....not a chance pga suspends, right?

Dj , loving the ski season all year long

Driver 9* Titleist Tsi3 BLK 6x tipped 1”  45.5” C2 3w Tsi3 15* B1 Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”2i 19.5* T-MB AD DI 105x (Tipped 2.5”)  Sans 2i R15 5w Fit on Pro 95XX (tipped 2.5”)Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) Tour Issue X100s (HSx1) lie angle 620mb std specs + .25 to .5” Vokey Wedge Works Sm8 D grind 54(@53*) bounce 12* | custom grind leading edge relief w/ Nippon 125 x + 1” lie angle 63* Sm8 K grind 58(@59*) low bounce 6* | custom grind heel relief w/ Nippon 125 x + 1” lie angle 63 | Bettinardi BB8 tri sole - 70* Lie angle 2* of loft Super Stroke GT 1.0
All woods & 2i hot melted, GP Tour Velvet . 580 Ping Hoofer 

> @HoosierMizuno said:

Tiger was busted for a DUI and the Tour did nothing. Can they suspend a player for an off-course DUI/improperly using drugs? Either way, we know DJ was just told to take a leave of absence quietly.

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 Hybrid 18* (DI-95X)
Ping i20 3-UW (PXi 6.0, PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

If Garrigus wants to turn a “positive” into a positive. He can probably line up a whole bunch of new sponsors. Get Snoop on the bag for a few practice rounds.

Titleist TSi3 9.25*  HZRDUS Smoke Green 6.5tx 
Titleist TSi3 5W 18* Tensei AV Raw White- x
Srixon Z 745 (4-pw) KBS tour-x
Mizuno T20 51* 54* 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
SC Studio Design no. 2
Pro V1

My mom(75) has rheumatoid arthritis, was told years ago she would need cortisone shots every 6 months for the rest of her golfing days if she wanted to be able to play. After two runs of that and dealing with ridiculous swelling, starting smoking and using other topicals(legal here) and now plays golf 5 times/week pain free and never got another shot. Parts of this country are so misinformed on Cannabis use...it’s laughable that the first reaction people have are ‘grow up’ or associate it with being a lazy pothead. I never thought the USGA would care about this...I assumed lots of pros would be using it for anxiety or other social stuff. I’m guessing Garrigus was forced to release that statement the way it was worded because if he smokes it you know he doesn’t believe that.

• Like 2

> @dropkicked said:

> > @marmooskapaul said:

> > > @dropkicked said:

> > > > @marmooskapaul said:

> > > > The problem with pot is that it stays in your system too long. IDK if there is anyway to measure the amount of THC like alcohol breathalyzer for people driving or not. What amount is permissible and what amount is not.?? That is going to be the problem with drug legalization . Will employers put up with a positive blood test?? You come to work with alcohol in your system and most places fire you. You get pulled over driving..you get arrested . Will be interesting how it pans out. I'm ok with legalization and I personally can't stand a THC buzz...but doesn't bother me if others smoke or eat it around me.

> > >

> > > The problem is that it should not be illegal. Silly for someone to be suspended for consuming a plant.

> >

> > Alcohol is legal...but you can still be arrested for driving under the influence....and employers set their own threshold for what they will tolerate. People take legal substances and abuse them all the time. I could see where sports would quit testing for it. Maybe??

>

> You really can't compare alcohol impairment with being high. Not even remotely close. When you get high, you don't lose control of your faculties. In fact, if you don't enjoy the high, all you need to do is eat something and you lose it. (not the case with edibles and def not with booze)

> Also vaporizing or smoking cannabis has many health benefits which should be recognized as alternatives to Big Pharma... Cannabis over Opioids all day, everyday..

> In canada, many drug plans are recognizing the use of cannabis as an alternative to harmful pharma meds.

>

Exactly. I was at a Winery having a discussion with someone who said Cannabis is a dangerous gateway drug and should remain illegal. Meanwhile, he was drinking glass after glass of alcohol, one of the most devastating drugs on the planet. The irony was amazing.

Ping G410LST 9* / Fuji Ventus Black 7X                  

Cally Mav SZ 13.5* / Fuji Ventus Black 7X               

Cally Mav Pro 20*  / Fuji Ventus Black 10TX

Honma 737V / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX

Cally MD5 wedges / Mitsu MMT 125TX

Earlier in his life, Garrigus had an addiction to harder drugs. I hope it's just the weed. A lot of famous people used grass for pain. The actor James Garner was a big user - surprise. He used it for pain from knee surgeries for many years. He also said he saw a lot of fellow actors ruin their lives with alcohol. He had a good run.

PING Rapture(OG) 10.5 driver
PING Rapture 3 wood
Cobra Pro hybrids 18 & 23
Callaway '18 MB irons
Callaway 56 SW
Cleveland Classic #2 putter

> @"27x10.5" said:

> My mom(75) has rheumatoid arthritis, was told years ago she would need cortisone shots every 6 months for the rest of her golfing days if she wanted to be able to play. After two runs of that and dealing with ridiculous swelling, starting smoking and using other topicals(legal here) and now plays golf 5 times/week pain free and never got another shot. Parts of this country are so misinformed on Cannabis use...it’s laughable that the first reaction people have are ‘grow up’ or associate it with being a lazy pothead. I never thought the USGA would care about this...I assumed lots of pros would be using it for anxiety or other social stuff. I’m guessing Garrigus was forced to release that statement the way it was worded because if he smokes it you know he doesn’t believe that.

What does the USGA have to do with this? So far that’s two of you that have blamed the USGA in this thread.

> @MattyO1984 said:

> Each to there own I guess but smoking that rubbish at 41?! Come on man, grow up!

Sounds like you've been smoking the brown frown. You gotta get that sticky-icky.

edit - unrelated but I've just been awarded something called the "name dropper" badge. not sure whether to be honored, flattered, or insulted. carry on

W/S Cortex 10.5* - GD YS6 Nano/S
W/S C300 13.5* - GD YS7 Nano/S
W/S C300 20*/23* - Steelfiber hls 780/S
W/S Staff Model MB 5-P - DGS300
W/S PMP 52/56/60 - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
TM TP Juno

stupid policy, imo ... society is more accepting, in general ... there are plenty of issues that need to be agreed on, but in the end, pot will be legalized across the country one day ... pga is making a "usga" decision here, creating a problem where there isn't one ...

> @JonnyKrasnodar said:

> How does the testing programme work on the Tour? Is it randomised? 3 months seems awfully harsh for some weed.

good question. I believe that marijuana in any form is a banned substance on tour. Maybe another wrxer has some more input.

[color=#4B0082]T[/color][color=#800080]our[/color][color=#4B0082] E[/color][color=#800080]xotics [/color][color=#FF0000]E [/color][color=#000000]10 [/color][color=#800080]15*[/color]
[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#ff0000"]Sri[/color][/font][color=#000000]xon 785's w/G P stnd. cord [/color]
[color=#0000CD]Mizuno T 7 52 T 20 56 &60[/color]
Bobby Grace SNYPER  46"
[color=#006400]Oregon Ducks Bag[/color]
Eureka Ca. 

A pot smoker in my youth here. Pot does effect your abilities, not like alcohol, but it does give you a peace much like opioids. I would say it’s a much like a beta blocker.

Also anything you inhale into your lungs ain’t good for you unless it’s oxygen.

I’m not opposed to medical use when necessary. I see tremendous possibilities in the use of the oils in pain treatment.

Livin' proof that Lefties are not naturally talented.

Driver Callaway Epic Flash 10.5 set to 9.5
3 Wood Epic Flash set to 16 degrees
3-5 Hybrids Epic Flash 18 20 23 degrees
6 hybrid Big Bertha 26 degree 
7-AW Callaway Mavrik Irons 
50 degree GW Vokey SM7
56 degree SW Vokey SM7
Odyssey White Hot V-Line Fang

> @NoTalentLefty said:

> A pot smoker in my youth here. Pot does effect your abilities, not like alcohol, but it does give you a peace much like opioids. I would say it’s a much like a beta blocker.

> Also anything you inhale into your lungs ain’t good for you unless it’s oxygen.

> I’m not opposed to medical use when necessary. I see tremendous possibilities in the use of the oils in pain treatment.

...I do, for back pain and gummies to sleep.

[color=#4B0082]T[/color][color=#800080]our[/color][color=#4B0082] E[/color][color=#800080]xotics [/color][color=#FF0000]E [/color][color=#000000]10 [/color][color=#800080]15*[/color]
[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#ff0000"]Sri[/color][/font][color=#000000]xon 785's w/G P stnd. cord [/color]
[color=#0000CD]Mizuno T 7 52 T 20 56 &60[/color]
Bobby Grace SNYPER  46"
[color=#006400]Oregon Ducks Bag[/color]
Eureka Ca. 

> @2putttom said:

> > @JonnyKrasnodar said:

> > How does the testing programme work on the Tour? Is it randomised? 3 months seems awfully harsh for some weed.

>

> good question. I believe that marijuana in any form is a banned substance on tour. Maybe another wrxer has some more input.

As mentioned earlier...I don't believe the PGA Tour has a choice on this. Want golf in the Olympics? Then you have to abide by the drug rules as defined by WADA.

• Like 1

WITB
Tools for the job!

Rules are rules, you can debate the validity of them but for however long they are rules, everyone needs to follow them or suffer the consequences.

• Like 1

Driver - Home Callaway MAVRIK / G400 MAX
Woods - XXIO 10 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Home - PXG Gen 2 0311P 5-SW   Away - Callaway Epic Forged 5-SW
Wedge - Callaway MD5 JAWS X Grind 60* 
Putter - Odyssey Triple Track 7
Ball - TM TP5X, TM Tour Response

Best wishes for RG

Ping G400 Max Graphite Design AD XC 6x

Ping G400 5w Blueboard ion 73x G400 7w GD PM902s

Callaway Apex 4h 23* KK Slvr 80x Apex 5h 26* Fubuki 82x

Srixon ZX7 4 - PW Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120s
Vokey SM2 50*, SM2 TVD 56*M, & Vokey Special 60*P

Scotty GoLo 7

> @Shilgy said:

> > @2putttom said:

> > > @JonnyKrasnodar said:

> > > How does the testing programme work on the Tour? Is it randomised? 3 months seems awfully harsh for some weed.

> >

> > good question. I believe that marijuana in any form is a banned substance on tour. Maybe another wrxer has some more input.

>

> As mentioned earlier...I don't believe the PGA Tour has a choice on this. Want golf in the Olympics? Then you have to abide by the drug rules as defined by WADA.

That makes sense, hadn't seen your original post (still adapting to the new layout) or thought about it in the context of the Olympics.

Was just curious as to how random "random" testing is. Would have thought weed use to be reasonably common particularly due to its medicinal qualities. Golf is tough on the body.

I guess bigger names would also get the same suspension.

Pretty outdated rule, if they are going to suspend for that why not give breathalyzers after the player's round? Rocco was taking shots of whiskey while playing and nothing happens - no suspension.

And to be clear, I'm not saying Rocco should have I'm saying neither should be an issue, it's not like they are PEDs or beta blockers

> @Railroading13 said:

> Pretty outdated rule, if they are going to suspend for that why not give breathalyzers after the player's round? Rocco was taking shots of whiskey while playing and nothing happens - no suspension.

>

> And to be clear, I'm not saying Rocco should have I'm saying neither should be an issue, it's not like they are PEDs or beta blockers

https://www.wada-ama.org

WITB
Tools for the job!