• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

> @nsxguy said: > > @rgk5 said: > > "Little" is the key word. Shafts alone will not decrease spin by more than 250-300 RPM. Proven in many tests by the OEMS, most notably Callaway

"Little" is the key word. Shafts alone will not decrease spin by more than 250-300 RPM. Proven in many tests by the OEMS, most notably Callaway in May of 2017.

> @"Mario Good Times" said: > Kurt Kate xt > Also for a slight counter balance feels just like the tense Orange use elements platinum proto it’s a well under rated shaft   The Kuro Kage XD

"Little" is the key word. Shafts alone will not decrease spin by more than 250-300 RPM. Proven in many tests by the OEMS, most notably Callaway in May of 2017.

• Like 1
Cobra F9 10.5*, VA Composites Raijin 44 F2
Cobra F9 15.5, UST Helium 49 A Flex
Mizuno CLK 20*, Speeder Evolution HB S
Sonartec MD 23* Hybrid, UST Irod A Flex 
TXG Custom, Mizuno JPX 919 Hotmetal 6-pw, "B" heads, 1* up, + 1/2", UST Recoil ESX 460 R, Soft Stepped Once
Mizuno S18 50/07, KBS Tour 110 R
Ping Glide 1.0 55*, Accra 90i R
Callaway MD4 58*, DG Tour Issue 115
Ping Karsten TR Pal, 35"

> @krabboy22 said:

> I am currently hitting px evenflow blue 65 xstiff . The hazard yellow lower spin?

If you like the EvenFlow feel-wise the White T1100 is supposed to be lowest launch/spin of that family. I just put one in a Mizuno GT180 head and am LOVING it so far.

WITB:
Mizuno GT/ST-180 Dr w/ EvenFlow White 6.0 75
Mizuno GT-180 3wd w/ Tensei CK White 75
TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
TM P770 4-PW w/ TT Tour Concept Satin
TM Milled Grind 52* LB and 58* SB
Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank

> @rgk5 said:

> "Little" is the key word. Shafts alone will not decrease spin by more than 250-300 RPM. Proven in many tests by the OEMS, most notably Callaway in May of 2017.

Just to be clear, you're saying that, all else being equal, there won't be more than 300 RPM difference between say a Hzrdus T1100 and a Hzrdus Red ? Or a Diamana Red (M+?) and a Diamana White (D+) ?

How about between different manufacturers ? Say Hzrdus T100 vs Diamana Red/M+ ?

Callaway Epic Flash SZ Triple Diamond 9.0 Tour AD TP-6 Stiff

Adams A12 Idea Pro hybrid, 16*, Aldila 85 VS Proto Stiff

Ping G400 hybrid, 19*, 70 gr Stock Stiff

Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, 52, 60, DGS300

Vokey SM8 56/08 (Thanks WRX !!!)

Seemore MT7 Face Balanced (Today)

Chrome Soft Truvis Yellow/Black

Also looking to clarify a few things: 1. what are your current spin numbers and other launch numbers? 2. could it be a swing fault based upon your numbers in question 1? Your current shaft should be fine as long as there isn't a swing fault at hand. I know myself that at this point I should not spend another dime on equipment until I fix my release so that I'm not hitting the all low on the face... it's the archer not the arrow!

Callaway Mavrik Subzero Triple Diamond - Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Orange 75X

Cobra Big Tour - Mitsubishi Tensei CX Pro White 85X

Ping G410 - Ventus Blue HB 9X / Taylormade P790 - Tensei CX Pro 95X

Srixon Z Forged PW-4I - Oban CT 125

Cleveland RTX 4 - Dynamic Gold S400

PXG Gen 2 Brandon Putter

Srixon Z Star XV

You’ll have more luck lowering the loft on the adapter or going with a lower lofted head. Not sure what you’re spinning at right now, but you don’t want to be chasing sub-2,000 spin.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ Triple Diamond 9* - Tensei Pro Orange 60s
Callaway XR Pro TC 14* - Diamana D+ Ltd 80s
Callaway XR Pro TC 18* Hybrid - Tour AD DI 95x
Callaway XR Pro TC 23* Hybrid - Tour AD DI 95x

Maltby TS-1 5 iron - KBS Tour 120s

Srixon Z745 6-PW - KBS Tour 120s
Titleist Vokey SM6 50*
Scratch 56* & 60* - Black KBS Tour Custom

Spider Tour Red 

> @krabboy22 said:

> I have a swing speed of around 105 with driver but I put a lot of spin on the ball hitting epic flash. What’s some good low spinning shafts?

A lower lofted head before anything else.

SIM Max 9* | Ventus Black 6x

Cobra Speedzone Big 3 Tour| HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 75 6.5

Cobra Speedzone | Accra FX 2.0 380M5

Titleist 818H1 | Ventus blue 10x (Cobra Forged Tec Black 5i testing)

Cobra Forged Tec Black 6i | AMT X100 Onyx

Cobra Forged CB 6-GW incoming????

Cleveland Zipcore 54/10, CBX Full face 60/10 | S400 Tour Issue Onyx

Custom Atwood

TP5

> @nsxguy said:

> > @rgk5 said:

> > "Little" is the key word. Shafts alone will not decrease spin by more than 250-300 RPM. Proven in many tests by the OEMS, most notably Callaway in May of 2017.

>

> Just to be clear, you're saying that, all else being equal, there won't be more than 300 RPM difference between say a Hzrdus T1100 and a Hzrdus Red ? Or a Diamana Red (M+?) and a Diamana White (D+) ?

>

> How about between different manufacturers ? Say Hzrdus T100 vs Diamana Red/M+ ?

Yeah definitely don't agree with this one, especially when a human is swinging the club and not a robot. I've had my fair share of experiments and found vastly different numbers depending on the shaft. Yes a lot of it has to do with how you swing it but thats where the shaft makes the biggest difference. I am a high spin player and was getting 3500+ RPM with the EF blue. Knew it didn't fit me but just tried it out for the sake of it. Then went to a HZRDUS black which got me to sub-2000 RPM, but really felt like I had to swing out of my shoes to get the thing to load. Finally settled on an Atmos Black which was way smoother and around 2300 RPM. This was all in the same club head with no intentional swing changes.

• Like 2

> @"Mario Good Times" said:

> Kurt Kate xt

> Also for a slight counter balance feels just like the tense Orange use elements platinum proto it’s a well under rated shaft

The Kuro Kage XD is slightly lower spin than the XT. Was playing a dual core XT TX and just switched to the XD and it lowered the spin by about 300 rpm.

• Like 1

TM Sim 9 XD60 TX.  
Taylormade M2 15 Kuro Kage DC XM 70 TX
Titeist 818h2 19 Atmos Blue
Srixon z785 Mitsubishi MMT 105 TX
Ping Glide Stealth 54/60
TM Spider Sightline Face Balanced

> @nsxguy said:

> > @rgk5 said:

> > "Little" is the key word. Shafts alone will not decrease spin by more than 250-300 RPM. Proven in many tests by the OEMS, most notably Callaway in May of 2017.

>

> Just to be clear, you're saying that, all else being equal, there won't be more than 300 RPM difference between say a Hzrdus T1100 and a Hzrdus Red ? Or a Diamana Red (M+?) and a Diamana White (D+) ?

>

> How about between different manufacturers ? Say Hzrdus T100 vs Diamana Red/M+ ?

If you deliver the club with the same good swing, speed, AOA, path and face angle. the result will be within the parameters mentioned. Callaway verified this with their robot and their best staff player, a two time U.S. Open participant who consistently delivers the club at 110 mph. I saw the results using their 150K high speed camera system.

Cobra F9 10.5*, VA Composites Raijin 44 F2
Cobra F9 15.5, UST Helium 49 A Flex
Mizuno CLK 20*, Speeder Evolution HB S
Sonartec MD 23* Hybrid, UST Irod A Flex 
TXG Custom, Mizuno JPX 919 Hotmetal 6-pw, "B" heads, 1* up, + 1/2", UST Recoil ESX 460 R, Soft Stepped Once
Mizuno S18 50/07, KBS Tour 110 R
Ping Glide 1.0 55*, Accra 90i R
Callaway MD4 58*, DG Tour Issue 115
Ping Karsten TR Pal, 35"

I am sure you are correct, all things being the same, the shaft will probably have little impact on spin numbers. However, due to the many variances in shaft profiles, weight, etc. this tends to lead to different swings for the average golfer who is not a machine or a professional player with a correct and repeatable swing. I know it does for me at least.

> @jshuff said:

> I have the same issue and it’s because I hit down on the ball. I’m about to put in some serious simulator time to figure out how to swing up on the driver. I will say that the HZRDUS Yellow shaft helps lower my spin and improves my angle of attack.

Sorry. No, it's not because you hit down on the ball. Low or downward AoA is not the cause of high spin. That thought needs to go the way of the old ball flight laws. High spin primarily comes from either poor impact position on the face and/or a high dynamic loft delivered (hands behind the ball at impact). And for most people that have those problems - it will very commonly just get worse if they try to increase the AoA - particularly w/o proper instruction.

• Like 1

IMO if you want true lower spin you need to go to shafts that are from 10-20 years ago that are rebar Xstiff and heavier. Todays shafts, even the "Low Spin Monster" shafts are not as low spin as the old shafts were. VTLT, ProtoPYPE, Rombax 8Z08, Black Tie X, RIP Alpha, YSQst, p9003, etc. 105mph might not be enough for those shafts though, but I guarantee you'll lose spin with any of those.

TaylorMade M3 9.5° w/ Tour Issue PX Handcrafted EvenFlow Black 65 6.5
TaylorMade SIM ROCKET 14.5° w/ PX Handcrafted EvenFlow Black 85 6.5
TaylorMade '08 Burner 5W 17.5° w/ p9003TX

TaylorMade '08 Burner Tour Only 7W 19° w/ Matrix RUL 80X
Srixon Z745 3-PW w/ Modus Nippon Modus Prototype ORA X (3I has an E11 Proto in Stiff)
Cleveland 588 RTX CB 52° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Srixon WG-706 56° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Scotty Cameron SS Newport Beach w/ UST Frequency Filter and Rosemark Thorn grip

> @markheardjr said:

> IMO if you want true lower spin you need to go to shafts that are from 10-20 years ago that are rebar Xstiff and heavier. Todays shafts, even the "Low Spin Monster" shafts are not as low spin as the old shafts were. VTLT, ProtoPYPE, Rombax 8Z08, Black Tie X, RIP Alpha, YSQst, p9003, etc. 105mph might not be enough for those shafts though, but I guarantee you'll lose spin with any of those.

I agree with this post 100%! I have bouncing back and forth between Pro Orange and Black Tie in my driver. While the Black Tie doesn't feel as good as the PO, it's spin and launch numbers are equal to the PO, and it seems to mitigate the hooks better!

Titleist TS4 9.75 HZRDUS Smoke 
Titleist 915F 15.5 HZRDUS Smoke
Titleist 718CB 3 thru PW
Titleist SM7 50-08, 56-08, 60-04
Yes! Tracy