Wide sole players irons

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All of these mentioned plus the Bridgestone J15CB or the Tour B X-CB. Bridgestone likes to put a wider sole even with thin toplines. Great irons.

The J15 CB are almost exactly what you are describing and have a beveled leading edge to help with turf interaction. I have had mine in play for 4 rounds now and when I first saw them and their "fat"

> @"JanKo " said: > The Srixon Z-Series has a really nice leading edge grind which prevents digging. > You can get a smaller 7-series irons or the larger 5-series. They are really really g

I read mp62 had beveled edge and the mp63 also

First week with mp63 the ease of use chipping and overall play vs other mp33 mp60 mp37 is clearly obvious in use. 62/63/64 ?? Worth a look! Now i see why v soles help some!

2020 18 July mid winterNZ
Ping Rapture 2006 10.5
Nike VrS 3wood
Callaway Razr Edge5 wood

MP100=33 9876 5/mp63
54     RTX2
60     RTX2
ProPlatinum NewportTwo
2002 325gram +8.NewGrip
Dont hesitate to buy one!

I just picked up a set of Bridgestone tour b x-cb about a month ago here on the bst. My swing tends to get steep and I have to say so far so good. They have a wider sole with "pre-worn" leading edge and thin top line, which they balance really well. Have no issue cutting through the turf or shallowing out. They feel great as well. Have not played i210, but hit them in a demo and really like them as well. They felt effortless to hit. Great discussion!

Titleist TS3 8.5* Fujikura Motore Speeder vc 6.2

Titleist TS3 15* Diamana S+ ltd Blueboard 70s tipped 1"

Titleist U500 2i Fujikura Motore Speeder Tour Spec 9.8 hb

Callaway Apex Pro Double Dot 4-pw Accra i steel 125

Vokey Raw SM8 50F, 54S, 58S (custom grind) Nippon Modus 125 wedge

Cushman Custom C&C 1.0 Raw Carbon KBS CT Tour Matte Black, Golf Pride Pro Only Red * or

Mizuno M Craft Type 1 Satin  Stability Tour Shaft, Golf Pride Pro Only Green*

Bridgestone Tour B XS

> @wam78 said:

> I just picked up a set of Bridgestone tour b x-cb about a month ago here on the bst. My swing tends to get steep and I have to say so far so good. They have a wider sole with "pre-worn" leading edge and thin top line, which they balance really well. Have no issue cutting through the turf or shallowing out. They feel great as well. Have not played i210, but hit them in a demo and really like them as well. They felt effortless to hit. Great discussion!

I have the J15CB and added the Tour B X-CBP, which was a Japan release and is basically the Bridgestone version of the Mizzy Hot Metal Pro. The CBP also have the killed leading edge and are super easy to hit. Great mid- and long-iron replacement as needed, but play well as a full set too.

Ping Rapture J spec

Ping G400 Max 10.5* Fubuki K 60x

Ping G400 5w 16.5* Blueboard 63x
Ping G400 7w 19.5* Blueboard 73x
Apex '16 4h 23* Fubuki ax400h 82x

Callaway CF16 5-PW XP95 x100

Callaway Forged Copper 50* s400

Vokey SM6 Brushed Cu 54*m & 58*m s400
Vokey Oilcan SM2 64* s400
Piretti Matera Elite

I'm going to steer you in a completely different direction. I'm a digger, playing firm, tight Bermuda fairways here in Central Florida, and I've found nothing better than a thin, sharp soled iron. The thinner the better. Whatever loss of forgiveness I suffer is made up for by better turf interaction. I've found the classic MP14s are near perfect for me through the turf here, and more modern blades like the MP18s are great, too.

I tried the wider-soled CBs like the i200 and AP2, but always found that the blunted soles were very cumbersome. Bermuda is a "running" turf that creates a web of grass shoots. IMO, you need sharp and thin to get through the web.