What up with Jordan?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He was talking about Duval. I know this, because Duval was in the quote 

Jordan is proof that Tiger was a freak anomaly to be able to make swing changes and play well.  It has ruined SO many careers.  I don't know WHY guys have success on tour and start listening to swing

So what about the hundreds of other golfers on tour who are married? Shouldn't everyone who gets married go on to completely lose their game? This is such a bad take, I'm not sure what to unpack first

Posted Images

confidence is a hard thing to teach, a tough thing to build, and an easy thing to loose. It's probably harder to get back when lost vs building it up in the first place.

I think we will see how much self believe Jordan has this year, I personally would love to see his game peak again.

TS3 Smoke 70g (S Flex)
913 FD 3 wood Whiteboard (X Flex)
915 F 5 wood Blueboard (S Flex)
712U 4 Iron
714CB 5-6
718MB 7-PW 
Vokey SM7 50, 55, 60 
SC Newport 2.5

• 2 weeks later...

Self-confidence is hard to get and easy to lose. Unfortunately it isn't something that can be taught as it has to come from within. To maintain your self-confidence while going through a bad time is very difficult to do. Bubba struggled for a while, and even thought of quitting all together, but he seems to have regained his old form, along with some confidence. As Churchill said, when you are going though hell, keep going.

Wrong. This went downhill when he tried to change that.

Mavrik 10.5 * KBS TD Category 5 

Mavrik subzero 16.5 * Rogue 130 70x 

Mavrik subzero 18* Accra TZ6 85-m5

Titleist T100 4-pw modus 130x 

Vokey sm7 raw 50*54*58 v grind Amt s400

Cameron GSS 009  1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights , head speed shaft. 

Wrong

He knew it was pure timing and he had no staying power with the chicken wing. That's why he is DOING THE RIGHT thing and learning how to really play golf. He will Kuchar because of it and win more majors after he learns.

Dood you are terrible in relation to pro's, stop offering advice. Jordan is doing the right thing.

PS I love you

lol. How would you know ? May want to look in the mirror , I haven’t see “ paddy 2 iron “ on golf digest top 100 teachers list

If what he’s doing now is the right thing . Then every other player on tour may loose their cards. Next you’ll tell me he needs to go to conventional Putting grip and ditch left hand low I mean after all That is a compensation on its own .

Be sure to call Phil and Vijay and let them know to change their swings to include their trail hands staying on the club during impact . Oh and give Furyk a call and let him know his back swing sucks , and he stands too close to the ball . Good lord Study a little before declaring .

Jordan is a natural lefty . I’m certain the left arm holdoff is to tame his dominant lead arm and slow the release . He’s driving it with his weak hand ( right ) . He controlled the face better than 99% of players on earth when hooked up to the monitors , and you say he was inconsistent. What data do you have to show that pre swing change ?

Same story with putter , he’s using his dominant hand to hold the face square .

@Paddy_2_Iron

Call these folks up and let them know how wrong they are.

Look , it’s just a personal irritation for me , when people go spilling this tripe about buzz words , and give no consideration for what they are saying . You’re literally talking about the DNA of a 3 time major champions swing. It’s not some 18 handicap who doesn’t even own a swing that’s the same day to day . This type nonsense is what probably led to him changing . Purely for vanities sake , which is a shame . To inject some humor , Didn’t you watch Bagger Vance ? “ you have to find your authentic swing “ . It’s just a sad thing to watch someone cook the golden goose and eat him

https://youtu.be/Fnqt3z34m2A

I have no idea what he has been working on. But you would think it would be as simple as him and a coach reviewing all his old video when he was playing good and trying to get back to that. Not as easy as it sounds but that is a start. Maybe he has been trying to do this for all I know.

My senior bag.......

Callaway Rogue 9.0* driver reg
Callaway Rogue 3 & 5 fw woods reg
Callaway Rogue X 4,5 hybrids reg
Cobra F9 SL  6-g irons
Ping Glide 52* & 58*
Ping CrazE putter
Datrex 15 way IDS cart bag - black

Since he’s a local talent I’ve been watching Jordan since he was in High School, and his swing always seemed to be the same until a couple years ago: it has flattened out and he rotates the club face through the hitting area more. He talked about trying to get more distance and that’s one way to do it, by promoting a draw and adding gear-effect head speed.

Just like others have said and I’ve mentioned before as well, to my eye it seems “obvious” that he needs to get back to the more vertical swing with that nice square face through the ball that stays square and give back the wild extra 3mph ball speed he found... but man I guess it truly is easier said than done.

A bag of left-handed junk.
Driver: SIM Max 10.5 Rogue 125 MSI 60g TX
3W: TM R11 15* Kai'li 70x
2H: Adams Super XTD Project X blue 6.5
3H: Adams Super XTD Aldila Proto 95x
3-PW: Mizuno MP-32 PX LZ 6.5
60, 56, 52: Callaway Mack Daddy, KBS Tour S
Cameron Select Newport 2