What up with Jordan?

On 11/11/2020 at 9:58 PM, bladehunter said:

Now that is the best info I’ve heard in an eon.  Butch is more brain coach than anything.  That’s what he needs. Somebody to slap him and remind him that he owned JT most of their youth.  

Butch was on the Sky TV Masters coverage and was asked hypothetically what would he do if JS cam for advice. He mentioned his grip and how narrow the downswing is. 

it must be time for a fresh pair of eyes on his swing. 

• Like 3

Taylormade M3 9.5 (adjusted to 11) - Aldila Rogue Silver 60X
Callaway Rogue 3 Wood - Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Testing - Titleist 818H2 (19) & 816H2 (20) Aldila Rogue Silver & Black X
Titleist 716CB 3-9 - X100
Vokey SM7 46.10, 50.08, 54M, 59M - S400
Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2.5
Titleist Pro V1

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He was talking about Duval. I know this, because Duval was in the quote 

Jordan is proof that Tiger was a freak anomaly to be able to make swing changes and play well.  It has ruined SO many careers.  I don't know WHY guys have success on tour and start listening to swing

So what about the hundreds of other golfers on tour who are married? Shouldn't everyone who gets married go on to completely lose their game? This is such a bad take, I'm not sure what to unpack first

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Bye said:

Butch was on the Sky TV Masters coverage and was asked hypothetically what would he do if JS cam for advice. He mentioned his grip and how narrow the downswing is. 

it must be time for a fresh pair of eyes on his swing. 

The problem is that Cam has called almost every coach to get input on his swing.

• Like 1
There's definitely something more important that I should be doing.
1 hour ago, Arn said:

Made it to best player in the world during the Tiger era. Got the yips with his driver and a bunch of injuries. Collapsed psychologically and could no longer preform on the big stage.

I don’t think Spieth is quite there yet. Spieth still seems mentally strong and his short game is still good. At worst, he’s a tournament-to-tournament average player. 

3 hours ago, Arn said:

Made it to best player in the world during the Tiger era. Got the yips with his driver and a bunch of injuries. Collapsed psychologically and could no longer preform on the big stage.

Tiger era? LOL!  Spieth’s first win was in 2013. Same year Tiger won POY. From early 2014 on Tiger was hardly on Tour as he was dealing with injuries, surgeries and personal issues until Tiger won the Tour Championship in 2018. Where’s Jordan been since 2017 British Open win? 

Edited by noodle3872
  • Confused 2

Callaway Mavrik 9° driver Tensei Pro White 50 S Flex

Callaway Mavrik 15° fairway wood Tensei Pro Blue 60 S Flex

Callaway Mavrik 20° and 23° hybrids MMT 90 S Flex

Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-PW & GW Modus3 Tour 120 S flex

Mizuno T20 Raw Wedges 50-07 Modus3 Tour 120 S flex, 55-13 and 60-06 Modus3 125 Wedge

Odyssey RSX Milled V-Line Fang 

Callaway Chrome Soft Triple Track

He has not been the same since his illness, Jimmy Walker is much the same following Lyme disease. 

He will be back, he has that determination that few have. I know he’s not everyone’s cup of tea but I really enjoy watching guys like him, who wear their heart on their sleeve. 

• Like 3

Taylormade M3 9.5 (adjusted to 11) - Aldila Rogue Silver 60X
Callaway Rogue 3 Wood - Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Testing - Titleist 818H2 (19) & 816H2 (20) Aldila Rogue Silver & Black X
Titleist 716CB 3-9 - X100
Vokey SM7 46.10, 50.08, 54M, 59M - S400
Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2.5
Titleist Pro V1

1 hour ago, Bye said:

He has not been the same since his illness, Jimmy Walker is much the same following Lyme disease. 

He will be back, he has that determination that few have. I know he’s not everyone’s cup of tea but I really enjoy watching guys like him, who wear their heart on their sleeve. 

What illness are you talking about?  His choke on the par 12 at Augusta?

2 hours ago, cardoustie said:

Westwood battled back, maybe Jordan can as well

He needs to whine less and drink some positivity.  Put some Tony Robbins in the 8 track kid

His collapse started when he wanted more depth and less uprightedness in his backswing = chasing positions for distance

The issue as I see it is his old backswing matched his wingy impact pattern and now it does not .. confidence plummets

I think this is exactly right.  He picked up a few yards, but now has a two way miss. That chicken wing he had was similar to Arnie’s helicopter finish, it allows him to control the clubface. 

I pick 14 of the following:
Ping G400
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood
Ping G 400 4 hybrid
Ping G 4-U
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54, 58 SS
Grips NDMC +4
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer
ProV1x-mostly
ECCO Biom Hybrid 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2020 at 6:50 PM, caniac6 said:

I'm right in golf and hockey. My father is left in golf, and right in hockey. Both brothers were right in golf, and left in hockey. I shoot pool left, and throw right. I guess we're all over the place.

This has piqued my interest. And you might be THE one to answer.

Unlike most other major sports, many of which it doesn't even matter, in hockey there is EQUAL demand for both right and left handed shots.

However, there are far fewer lefties than righties.

Is it possible, looking towards a (possible) future in hockey, your earliest guidance (father, coach, etc.) intentionally steered a natural rightie into playing hockey left handed ?

After all, get someone early enough in the learning cycle and it's much easier to guide him/her to leftie/rightie than once someone has begun to ingrain one side or the other, no ?

Want more posters to read and reply ? "[EMBRACE] THE LINE BREAK"

Callaway Epic Flash SZ Triple Diamond 9.0 Tour AD TP-6 Stiff

Ping G400 hybrid, 19*, 70 gr Stock Stiff

Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, 52, 60, DGS300

Vokey SM8 56/08 (Thanks WRX !!!)

Seemore MT7 Face Balanced (Today)

Chrome Soft Truvis Yellow/Black

35 minutes ago, nsxguy said:

Unlike most other major sports, many of which it doesn't even matter, in hockey there is EQUAL demand for both right and left handed shots.

Is it possible, looking towards a (possible) future in hockey, your earliest guidance (father, coach, etc.) intentionally steered a natural rightie into playing hockey left handed ?

After all, get someone early enough in the learning cycle and it's much easier to guide him/her to leftie/rightie than once someone has begun to ingrain one side or the other, no ?

When I started playing, my father told me to pick up a stick, and I picked it up righty. That was the most natural feeling. 

20 hours ago, caniac6 said:

When I started playing, my father told me to pick up a stick, and I picked it up righty. That was the most natural feeling. 

Funny how that works in hockey. I do everything right handed but growing up in Minnesota I played some hockey...and played left handed. Just the way it felt correct.

WITB
Tools for the job!

25 minutes ago, garrifij said:

Is it confirmed that Jordan is seeing Butch?!

But who knows if it'll go the distance ? :classic_laugh:

s-l300.jpg

• Haha 2

Want more posters to read and reply ? "[EMBRACE] THE LINE BREAK"

Callaway Epic Flash SZ Triple Diamond 9.0 Tour AD TP-6 Stiff

Ping G400 hybrid, 19*, 70 gr Stock Stiff

Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, 52, 60, DGS300

Vokey SM8 56/08 (Thanks WRX !!!)

Seemore MT7 Face Balanced (Today)

Chrome Soft Truvis Yellow/Black

4 hours ago, garrifij said:

Is it confirmed that Jordan is seeing Butch?!

35 minutes ago, North Texas said:

It is confirmed that there is a rumor that Jordan is seeing Butch.

Well played North Texas, well played. 

• Thanks 1

Callaway Mavrik 9° driver Tensei Pro White 50 S Flex

Callaway Mavrik 15° fairway wood Tensei Pro Blue 60 S Flex

Callaway Mavrik 20° and 23° hybrids MMT 90 S Flex

Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-PW & GW Modus3 Tour 120 S flex

Mizuno T20 Raw Wedges 50-07 Modus3 Tour 120 S flex, 55-13 and 60-06 Modus3 125 Wedge

Odyssey RSX Milled V-Line Fang 

Callaway Chrome Soft Triple Track

On 12/9/2020 at 11:16 AM, nsxguy said:

I think it is actually the opposite; there are generally more left-handed hockey players.  Teams/coaches are always looking for skilled right-handed players... that is all independent of whether a player is naturally left/right-handed.  I have definitely seen more left-handed hockey players golfing right-handed than the opposite (Gretzky and Sakic are examples).

So, I guess my answer would be to steer the player to play right-handed.  BUT, in order to get the most out of the player (hockey) he/she needs to be the most comfortable.  When I started playing hockey, I automatically grabbed the stick with my right-hand on top (left-handed), so that is what I learned.  I also play golf left-handed, although a good friend (former pro) constantly reminds me that I should've played golf right-handed... so take that for what it's worth! :)  

13 hours ago, hack_11 said:

I think it is actually the opposite; there are generally more left-handed hockey players.  Teams/coaches are always looking for skilled right-handed players... that is all independent of whether a player is naturally left/right-handed.  I have definitely seen more left-handed hockey players golfing right-handed than the opposite (Gretzky and Sakic are examples).

So, I guess my answer would be to steer the player to play right-handed.  BUT, in order to get the most out of the player (hockey) he/she needs to be the most comfortable.  When I started playing hockey, I automatically grabbed the stick with my right-hand on top (left-handed), so that is what I learned.  I also play golf left-handed, although a good friend (former pro) constantly reminds me that I should've played golf right-handed... so take that for what it's worth! 🙂  

I would agree with this, very common to play hockey lefty while being naturally right handed. I do everything else right handed but when I started hockey as a kid I just grabbed the stick that felt the best,