2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

LIVE Q&A with Bob Bettinardi! Wednesday April 10, 2pm ET/11am PT. Plus Giveaway! Ask questions now!

> @808Grinder said:

> What putter do you have in your bag?

Bob: Awesome question, buddy. I am currently using a center shaft SS3 with an ultra-violet blue PVD finish. I hope to share it soon on social media soon!

Sam: Just switched to our NEW redesigned 3 Step Jam. It was posted last Friday on Instagram. I was thinking a lot about this head shape and was excited to bring it back with a new shape. I was previously putting with an SS3 Windy City Wizard Armlock.

> @pricenicky said:

> I used to distribute your putters in Canada and still play the original bb1.Any thought of bringing out the old stock - bb8 bb41 etc with honeycomb face?

Sam: We love our friends to the North. With 2019 being our 20th Anniversary watch for some of these classic models to pop up throughout the year. Great question!

> @Mitchell said:

> Given the different milling patterns, materials used on various models, what is your personal favorite and why? When are you going to have a retail or limited release BB5 flowneck? Asking for a friend?, ok- myself?

Bob: I love the classic Honeycomb as it was my big breakthrough when starting Bettinardi golf.

Sam: I personally like DASS as well, and love F.I.T. Face because of the fast greens I am usually playing. Thank you for asking.

> @"j.b.newton" said:

> How have the relationships with Kool-Aid and now Double Bubble come to fruition? What about these companies, specifically, captured your attention and affection?

>

> (I greatly enjoy both of the collections)...

Sam: Both themes have different meanings. The DB started because Bob and I play a lot of scotch games in Chicago during the summer. When you and your partner both make a birdie on the same hole in a scotch game, and the other team makes pars, it's called a double bubble! I thought it would be a really fun headcover with the theme we chose.

> @DblEgl said:

> Thanks for taking our questions and being a part of the Forum.

> What do you think is the greatest determinant of putter design for distance control and your approach to it. Thanks.

Sam: Thank you for asking a solid question! When choosing a putter, we are big believers in finding a head style that suits your eye. When you can look down at a putter that not only looks good but also feels good, you are going to make more putts.

Bob: When it comes to distance control, you have to try our different face millings and see what works best for your game.

> @bvmagic said:

> With arm lock putters trending now, what are the main drivers behind new trends? Do you rely mainly on tour player input to come up with these ideas or are continually trying to present your own new ideas to them to test when they need to try something new?

Bob: Tour feedback has always been a huge driver in putter trends, these players are truly amazing and the best in the world. Their feedback is invaluable. Also, with owning my own shop, it' been very beneficial to be able to get prototypes crafted quickly and into their hands. The biggest trend outside of the Armlock is definitely players playing with more mallets, alignment, and face milliing.

> @"Jesse Sanchez" said:

> Hello and thanks,

> My question is how does Bettinardi come up with the HIVE themes? Wish i could afford those outstanding designs. Thanks again.

Sam: Bob and I are big golfers just like you and most other people on this forum. We play a decent amount when we can and are always thinking of fun themes or ideas that other golfers would enjoy. Some of it relates back to Chicago, other parts to PGA events, somethings are inside jokes that collectors may or may not get. But we love bouncing ideas off the wall and hope it sticks! Thanks for the kind words

> @NAM2212 said:

> Does your tour rep ever approach a player that maybe isn't putting so well? and offer to let them try a new putter? Or does someone always seek you guys out? Just curious how that works and how you get your putters in the hands of pros. I have been seeing more and more of them lately.

Bob: Thanks, and yes we do have more and more putters in play. Last year about 3-5 per event, this year 7-9 which is a big jump on Tour! These are the best players in the world, and they notice what other guys are doing.

Sam: When they see Bettinardi putters amassing 10 professional wins in a single season, people take notice.

> @jonnyb03 said:

> I really enjoy the honey comb face milling. I am curious to why we curently only see it on the Queen B models?

>

Sam: We like to offer a variety of 'feels' for consumers, ranging from Micro Honeycomb on the QB, FIT Face on the SS, and Flymill on the BB Series. Amateur golfers along with PGA players love options, and we feel by offering 3 unique feels, there is something for everybody.

• Like 1

> @sosob34 said:

> Do you believe the armlock "trend" will continue to rise on tour? I am interested in perhaps switching to the armlock method. I currently use a counter balance putter, but still struggle with consistency. In your fitting, do you find golfers gain a more consistent stroke with the armlock? Thanks for your time.

Sam: As an armlock user myself the last 5 years, I am shocked more people haven't made the switch. The first arm lock we produced with Matt Kuchar was a little intimidating for most players to look down at, and 'learn' a new putting style, vs the counterbalance you pick up and go. The arm lock isn't for everyone, but we definitely feel if you are struggling inside 10 feet it helps take out unwanted twinges in the hands and wrists that cause pushes and pulls.

> @xxio said:

> Any chance the Country Club series makes a comeback?

> I have 3.

>

> My buddies and I loved the idea of being to put your own logo/design on a putter.

Bob: We currently have a custom program, and are working with some elite clubs as gifts in their shops. We found out with the CC Series many members of these clubs just preferred OTR options.

> @johnny_golfball said:

> Hey guys! I was wondering what the advantage of face milling over an insert to a putter does for feel and roll?

> thank you and keep making excellent putters, especially for lefties:)

Bob: The main advantage is consistency in feel, quality craftsmanship, no vibrations, and never having to worry the insert will fall out or melt when it's hot! In the late 90's there was a VERY prominent player that had an insert in his putter that he left in the trunk of his car when it was boiling hot outside, and when he came back to his clubs the polymer face insert melted away. The player only used milled putters from that day forward.

> @GripRight said:

> What is the MOST IMPORTANT factor or factors when fitting someone into a putter?

Bob: Finding the right head that the golfer feels the most confident in, and then adjusting length, lie, and loft so it fits their stroke type. Golfers have natural 'tendencies' that they go back to after a lesson or a fitting 99% of the time, so we need to find that perfect putter that looks good to their eye.

> @TNTlefty said:

> Since it’s Masters week - can you tell the story of how you got Masters champion Fred Couples into a Bettinardi putter and share some details on the development of his signature putter? Thanks!

Bob: I traveled to North Shore CC in Chicago where Fred was playing int he Champions Tour event, told him I could make a better putter than what he was using. 3 weeks later, the putter was in play and has been ever since! https://bettinardi.com/blogs/news/the-story-of-fred-couples-and-bettinardi-golf Check out our site for the full story.

> @dokodiy said:

> What is your most memorable putter?

Bob: Baby Ben that won the 2003 US Open, our first major

Sam: 38 Special- I was still just a kid when this was released, but I remember hearing the buzz around this and could not believe the craftsmanship that went into making this. All the copper ingots inserted into the body was a true work of art, and first ever in the putting world.

> @Chopa said:

> With the high end putter competition being an all-time high (Tyson Lamb, Swag Golf, Piretti, etc.) Do you believe your bi-weekly Hive releases will be a beneficial for Bettinardi in the long run for the secondary market? What is your plan for many "Brand loyalists" to stay with Bettinardi instead of switching?

Bob: Our plan to keep our loyalists is to continue making the best putters in golf. The current pace we are producing limited product is perfect for our market, sometimes not enough based on the high domestic and international demand. We purchased 4 new CNC milling machines in the last 12 months, in addition to a new office we closed on last month.

Sam: We have an unbelievable variety in head shapes, finishes, face millings, and designs. With Bob's 25 years plus experience in the golf industry (the legacy), and 80 worldwide tour wins, our collectors have never been more excited. Bob and I cannot think of a better time in company history.

> @BettinardiGolf said:

> Thank you, everyone for joining and asking great questions! We truly appreciate the Golf WRX community! Enjoy Masters week!ny9uugc3vz7v.jpg

>

>

Thanks for joining us guys!

Follow our Two Guys Talkin Golf (TG2) Podcast on Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud
 Click here to grab a new "circle" avatar

> @HipCheck said:

>

> > @BettinardiGolf said:

> > Thank you, everyone for joining and asking great questions! We truly appreciate the Golf WRX community! Enjoy Masters week!ny9uugc3vz7v.jpg

> >

> >

> Thanks for joining us guys!

>

Thanks for answering all the questions. I wish I could have been here live but working 7-4 everyday makes it hard to chat during daytime. But hopefully in a year or so I'll be retired and can enjoy more ofvthese perks! Thanks Bettinardi Co and Golfwrx for having this Q & A.

Tour Issue TM M2 2016 w/Tensi Pro Blue S60
Tour Issue TM M2 15* w/ Adila ATX Green S
TM HFS 21* W GD TOUR AD di 7S
Cobra Pro mb 4-PW w/ Aldila RIP Tour R hard stepped
Titleist Vokey Proto's 54*,56*,60*
Tour Bettinardi BB0 DASS or
Tour Bettinardi BB1 'H' DASS 353g
Recent Acquisition SWAG Handsome One 
Titleist ProV1 X, TM TP X
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/351901-twshoot67s-bag-and-crazy-collection/page__st__30__p__8092784__hl__+twshoot67#entry8092784"]WITB Link[/url]

> @BettinardiGolf said:

> Thank you, everyone for joining and asking great questions! We truly appreciate the Golf WRX community! Enjoy Masters week!ny9uugc3vz7v.jpg

>

>

Thanks for answering all the questions. I wish I could have been here live but working 6am-4pm everyday makes it hard to chat during daytime. But hopefully in a year or so I'll be retired and can enjoy more ofvthese perks! Thanks Bettinardi Co and Golfwrx for having this Q & A.

Tour Issue TM M2 2016 w/Tensi Pro Blue S60
Tour Issue TM M2 15* w/ Adila ATX Green S
TM HFS 21* W GD TOUR AD di 7S
Cobra Pro mb 4-PW w/ Aldila RIP Tour R hard stepped
Titleist Vokey Proto's 54*,56*,60*
Tour Bettinardi BB0 DASS or
Tour Bettinardi BB1 'H' DASS 353g
Recent Acquisition SWAG Handsome One 
Titleist ProV1 X, TM TP X
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/351901-twshoot67s-bag-and-crazy-collection/page__st__30__p__8092784__hl__+twshoot67#entry8092784"]WITB Link[/url]

> @BettinardiGolf said:

> > @kiw1982 said:

> > What is yours brands strength over Scotty Cameron in your opinion?

> >

> > (I love yours more anyway lol)

>

> BOB: We make our own putters, in our OWN shop 15 ft feet away from mine and Sam's office. The family-owned aspect is something i'am very proud of... I couldn't sleep at night knowing I had to answer to shareholders. End of story.

love it. Thanks.

Titleist                   TSR3 Driver w/GD Tour AD VF 5S
Ping                       G430 3 Wood w/GD Tour AD UB 6S

Ping                       G430 3 Hybrid w/GD Tour AD IZ 85S

Titleist                   T200 4/T150 5-P Irons w/Axiom 105S

Titleist                   48F w/Axiom 105S 54S/60K Wedges w/DG s400

LAB                   Mezz 1 Max Broomstick w/Accra