Where are the toulon Las Vegas reviews?

boycer

No doubt dude. One of the most stable putters I’ve used. Echo what @drscott266 said

PING G430 LST 10.5° | DIAMANA GT 60X

COBRA DARKSPEED X 3HF 16.5° | HZRDUS BLACK 70X

PING G425 7W 20.5° | DIAMANA GT 70X

SRIXON ZX5 5-6 | MMT TAPER 105TX

SRIXON ZX7 7-PW | MMT TAPER 105TX

PING GLIDE 4.0 50°/54°/58° | MMT WEDGE 125TX

ODYSSEY TRI-HOT 5K SEVEN DB

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

• 3 weeks later...

Based on WRXers comments I found one for a deal, practiced a bit indoors with it and then got it our on the course yesterday.

In the past few years I went from the Marxman Fang Oworks, Ping Oslo Vault, Odyssey LE HWY 101 7, Bobby Grace F-18, EXO 7s, SL 7s to this Toulon Las Vegas H7 stroke lab shaft std 20g headweight.

Looks, how it frames the ball, weighting, feel and sound is by far better than any putter I have used.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

How have you guys felt the forgiveness is with the LV? I find it to be pretty stable but can get shaky sometimes with it which is mainly due to me not the putter. But have wondered if it is worth a gamble to try out a CT Tour putter shaft in it as opposed to the SL shaft.

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

I just questioned the same thing, got pretty in-depth with AG12 on it. I’m not sure where he landed on it, but I have kept the stroke lab and accepted that bad days on the green are due to me. I recently put another putter into play and sorely missed the SL Vegas. It definitely fits me well, but I’m not the only one;I can’t deny that it works. I routinely get the itch to try something new, but for this putter it comes down to feel... the face just feels so good. You already said you know it’s forgiving, which I definitely agree with, my advice is accept the bad days. Stroke lab is a love hate I think based on this thread, but strongly count me in the love column. Best of luck.

Changed my avatar formerly AG12 haha.

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

• 1 month later...

im going to end up putting a Stability Tour in the Toulon Las Vegas this weekend. Tested one last week and love it

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

• 2 weeks later...

Ended up putting the stability in a Bettinardi putter instead and sold the Toulon ??‍♂️

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

• 3 months later...
On 4/19/2019 at 9:18 AM, Glaze22 said:

I got my Las Vegas and LOVE IT so far!!! I was using a Bettinardi Rev 2.0, love the weight and look but it sits very very very open at address. I kept missing the hole on the high side. So I got a Scotty 6M, which sits very square, but just did not like the look of it. I got my Toulon Las Vegas, I have only played 27 holes with it, but it sits square, and it roles straight, point and shoot. I have left the stroke lab shaft in it and it is working great. The greens are super slow so that may be why I dont mind the shaft, but I can deff see why some people will want a heavier shaft in it. We will see on that later, but for now I am going to leave it alone and it is deff in my bag!!!

I’ve seen Rev 3.0 but not a 2.0. Any pics?

TaylorMade M4 9.5 Project X HZRDUS Black 75 6.5
TaylorMade M2 2016 HL Project X HZRDUS Black 65 6.5
TaylorMade GAPR Lo 19 Project X HZRDUS Black 85 6.5
Bridgestone J15 DPF 4 Iron DGS300 Pro
Wilson C300 Forged 5-PW X100
Cleveland CBX 54 & 58 S400
Odyssey Works Tank Cruiser #7 38"

• 2 months later...

I wanted to wait a couple of months until the honeymoon phase was over. I picked up mine from Callaway preowned. Mint condition at a $300. price. I am fond of my Las Vegas H7 as it has so many positives. The way the putter just sits absolutely solid and square at address for one. No manipulations are needed when setting the putter head behind the ball. The alignment aids are very helpful in the Las Vegas model. Secondly the feel of the ball coming off the milled face is pure and very consistent. That milled metal has about as good a feel as any high end milled putter I have owned. I find it every bit as good as the Scotty's or Betty's I have gamed. Finally I am way on board with the Stoke Lab system. It makes for a more smooth and balanced stroke throughout the putt. I felt the difference immediately and do believe their claims that it will make you a better putter. I did take the stock pistol grip off and replaced it with my go to putter grip an Iomic 65. Heck even the head cover is of fine quality and is simple in removing and replacing it.

I am jazzed by my newer putter. I feel the entire Toulon Stroke Lab family of putters are some of the best available. 

You really owe it to yourself to give one a roll. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 1

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3 & 5 fw  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4   4 & 5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790  6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  

TM                  Spider cs  Golf Pride P Only Blue Star 

I just picked one up off of CPO last week as well.  Face balanced version with stroke lab shaft.  Although I am still in the honey moon stage, i'm loving the putter.  The white alignment on the top line is very clear and easy to use and the milling is a good balance in not being overly soft.  I was previously gaming a Betti Inovai 6.0 and I felt the fit face was too soft and difficult to judge on lag putts.  

• Like 1

10 played at 9.25 TSI2 w/ Ventus Black 6x

16.5 degree TSI2 w/ Ventus Blue 7x

19 degree Sim Max Hybrid w/ Ventus Blue 8x/ZXU 3 Recoil 95 f5

ZXU 4 w/ Recoil 95 F5

5-p ZX7 Nippon Modus 120x 

SM8 52f/56S/60D 

Bettinardi Inovai 6.0, Sik Flo w/ LAGolf Shaft, Toulon Las Vegas, Special Select Newport 2 custom, Bettinardi Queen B 6

Just picked up a 35” H7 slant from CPO for a good price. Any feedback? Gamer is a DH89 but like the idea of this putter. Trying to build my bag for competitive season. I’d like to win my club C against some very stiff competition this year... want to set and forget. Woods irons and wedges are all done. 

The LV is going to be on the smaller size.

• Like 1

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

Definitely on the smaller side but plenty forgiving in my experience. I feel like the Toulon's are deader feeling/sounding than the 2020 Scotty's, not bad by any means just different. I flip back & forth on loving the stroke lab & hating it, I think they do work but its at the sacrifice of some feel IMO. Oh & the stock grips are pure trash.

• Like 1

D - TSR3 | Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W - Stealth+ | Ventus Blue 7X

5W - TSR2 | AD DI 8X

4H - TSR2 | AD DI 9X

5-PW - MP-223 | PX LZ 6.5

50/55/60 - MG4 | DG TI S400

P - Studio Stainless NP2 350g

B - ProV1x

B - Linksmaster

• 1 month later...
On 12/30/2020 at 2:01 PM, Medson said:

Can someone comment (or maybe re-comment) on the footprint of LV head size?

Odyssey #7 comes in multiple sizes. Versa #7 is on the smaller side, which I like. WHP #7 is on the larger side. I'm sure there are more varieties. (I remember there used to be a thread on #7 head sizes). Where does LV fit in?

Just seeing this. This photo is of my putter. I can comment that it is indeed smaller than #7 by 15% at least in my estimation. I like that as I found the #7 too bulky feeling. This size with it's stout weight, that flow neck, with the Stroke Lab shaft, and add in the alignment lines, you have a very solid putter in my opinion. Forgiveness and Feel. It can handle the super fast greens so not to worry.  I have had mine 6 months and play frequently . I have seen a big improvement in putts per round. I can't say enough good things about my LV H7. 

Toulon 1 .jpg

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

On 12/30/2020 at 3:44 PM, kwainio said:

Definitely on the smaller side but plenty forgiving in my experience. I feel like the Toulon's are deader feeling/sounding than the 2020 Scotty's, not bad by any means just different. I flip back & forth on loving the stroke lab & hating it, I think they do work but its at the sacrifice of some feel IMO. Oh & the stock grips are pure trash.

Agree the stock grips are ill suited for the model. I took mine off right away and threw on my favorite IOmic 65. My go to grip is within a few grams of the stock one so the beautiful smooth flow of the counter balanced stroke lab shaft was unchanged. I am with you as the stock grips take too much feel out at the impact. Trashy indeed. That to me though is the absolute only complaint with this putter.Club head size is perfect if you can put a nice stroke on a golf ball.

Edited by touch
  • Like 1

I love my Vegas.  I have both Double Bend and H7. 

H7 I pulled the weight and put a 75g counter core in it - feel is amazing

Ping G425 LST w Accra TZ6CB      M5 Rocket 14* Accra RPG 472    CBX119 18* EvenFlow Black 
Mizuno MP20 MMC w KBS $Taper     Mizuno T22  50, 54, 60 - DG TI S400     LAB Mezz1 Max    OldSkool Ping L8
#TeamJetSpeed - Dec 2013

3 hours ago, Oaks said:

I love my Vegas.  I have both Double Bend and H7. 

H7 I pulled the weight and put a 75g counter core in it - feel is amazing

Do you see any difference between one and the other?

Previous fit required some toe hang, but with the fangs have allowed very easy for lining up, just wonder if I’m missing anything with the double bend. 

I had the DB - had a fitting and found I needed some Flow... love the feel and head shape of the DB so I ordered a H7 and added removed the stroke lab 30v for my preferred 75

• Like 1
Ping G425 LST w Accra TZ6CB      M5 Rocket 14* Accra RPG 472    CBX119 18* EvenFlow Black 
Mizuno MP20 MMC w KBS $Taper     Mizuno T22  50, 54, 60 - DG TI S400     LAB Mezz1 Max    OldSkool Ping L8
#TeamJetSpeed - Dec 2013

• 2 weeks later...

Well this may just be "the one"

Pulled the T40 and put an A7 weight in....perfect. Point and shoot

Vegas.JPG

• Like 3

Taylormade Sim 9° (set to 7°) - Fuji 53k X 

Cobra Rad Speed Tour 5 Wood 16° - Speeder 757 Evo TS X

Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125 S+
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120 S
Srixon z785 5-PW - KBS TourV X

Cleveland ZipCore 50° - Tour S400
Ping Glide Pro Forged 54°/ Eye Toe 59°  - Tour S400
Seemore mFGP2 
Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple

• 4 weeks later...

I love the sight dot. Might have to pick one up!

I put the CT Tour shaft in my backup this winter and am one the fence on which i like better.  It is by far my favorite mallet head of all time. It just looks fantastic by the ball and I feel my aim with this head is always more assured vs other designs which leads me to a better stroke. 

TSI3 9˚ AV White Raw 65X 

TSR2 15˚ Black 1K 75

Apex UW 19˚ RDX 80

T-150 4-PW - PX 6.0

RTX Zipcore Raw 48M/54M/60L 

Byron Morgan 029x PROTO-Carbon/2022 BB-1F

Pro V1X 

On 2/2/2021 at 3:30 PM, touch said:

Agree the stock grips are ill suited for the model. I took mine off right away and threw on my favorite IOmic 65. My go to grip is within a few grams of the stock one so the beautiful smooth flow of the counter balanced stroke lab shaft was unchanged. I am with you as the stock grips take too much feel out at the impact. Trashy indeed. That to me though is the absolute only complaint with this putter.Club head size is perfect if you can put a nice stroke on a golf ball.

Yeah I'm certain Odyssey had a say on those grips. The deep etch on the originals was perfect and they had to go in and f it up. The shape isn't terrible, but they feel and look god awful. How many times do you need to brand your name on a putter? That is my biggest, and really my only, knock on the toulon putters. 

• Like 1

TSI3 9˚ AV White Raw 65X 

TSR2 15˚ Black 1K 75

Apex UW 19˚ RDX 80

T-150 4-PW - PX 6.0

Pro V1X 

1 hour ago, chinaski said:

Yeah I'm certain Odyssey had a say on those grips. The deep etch on the originals was perfect and they had to go in and f it up. The shape isn't terrible, but they feel and look god awful. How many times do you need to brand your name on a putter? That is my biggest, and really my only, knock on the toulon putters. 

Good words with especially how loud and why too often do you have to broadcast the brand name. The Toulon line deserves much better.

I just felt last week the new grey stock Odyssey grip for 2021. It is so subdued looking and is just the right thickness and shape. I was pretty blown away by it. Maybe if it is in the weight range I might try it. Any of you tried the new Odyssey grey grip? 

Edited by touch

Owned one: my two gripes 

1.  Feel is a dull thud

2.  Head size could be just a bit larger.

They fix those and I’ll buy the next one.

Titleist TSi2 10, Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X, 45"

Titleist TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7X, 43"

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4, KBS

Titleist T100S, KBS C-Taper S+ 5-PW

Titleist SM8, 50F, 54S, 60D, TT S400 Custom 

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12, 35", Stability Tour

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]

See I find it not a dull thud but a pure feel. I don't care for the competitions more crisp feel I would call it. It is such a personal preference with the feel at impact with different milled putters. But the way it soles and aids in seeing your intended line is where this flatstick really shines. 

8 hours ago, touch said:

Good words with especially how loud and why too often do you have to broadcast the brand name. The Toulon line deserves much better.

I just felt last week the new grey stock Odyssey grip for 2021. It is so subdued looking and is just the right thickness and shape. I was pretty blown away by it. Maybe if it is in the weight range I might try it. Any of you tried the new Odyssey grey grip? 

Those grips aren't bad, kinda in between the PP58 and Deep etch shape wise from what I remember trying the 7S and Rossie S in the store. But yeah my favorite putter grips are iomic 75g and Lamkin Deep etch. Prefer the feel of IOmic and the shape of Deep Etch. My dream would be a collaboration between the two like they did with the iLine grips.

I went on a grip journey last year and tried every size iomic, pp58 cord, SS GT tour, GP pro only red/green, GP snsr 75g and 110, both grey and red, and still the 75g Iomic and Deep Etch were still my favorite. 

• Like 1

TSI3 9˚ AV White Raw 65X 

TSR2 15˚ Black 1K 75

Apex UW 19˚ RDX 80

T-150 4-PW - PX 6.0

Pro V1X 

8 hours ago, DNice26 said:

Owned one: my two gripes 

1.  Feel is a dull thud

2.  Head size could be just a bit larger.

They fix those and I’ll buy the next one.

Feel is subjective, and the ball makes a big difference; but I like that you really know when you catch it perfect with Toulon. It is stable enough without being huge to still keep its line and distance when slightly off, but has good feedback when you miss it.

I hope they don't ever change the size of the LV, although I kinda wish the Atlanta was a little bigger.

TSI3 9˚ AV White Raw 65X 

TSR2 15˚ Black 1K 75

Apex UW 19˚ RDX 80

T-150 4-PW - PX 6.0

Pro V1X