Goodbye to all my friends on this forum

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Man I hate to see this but can understand. It can be difficult for me too since I am not the most computer savvy person in the world. Sadly I am noticing fewer posts from old friends both here and in

Stick with it everyone, all of your contributions are important to us "mature" golfers! Personally, I found switching from 1.62" to 1.68" in the late 70's to be far more stressful..........

Facebook? The evil empire? No thanks. I'd rather struggle with this.

> @dpark said:

> > @"BIG STU" said:

> > Man I hate to see this but can understand. It can be difficult for me too since I am not the most computer savvy person in the world. Sadly I am noticing fewer posts from old friends both here and in another section I frequent. I suggest as a friend to step back take a breath and maybe give it a chance to work. You will be surely missed

>

> I've been to the site a few times since the changeover. Not a fan of the new site, but it is what it is. Like others have said, lots more free time to do other stuff. I probably won't be around much anymore either. Will wait to see when the "old look" comes back and see if that helps.

>

> **One thing that I haven't found yet is how to mark all forums as read? Is there even a way to do this anymore? So when I come back I am only looking at new threads or updated threads since the last time I was on the site?

At least for the desktop version, click on your avatar in the upper right corner of the page and it gives you the option to "mark all viewed." Finding this feature made navigating the site much more user friendly for me.

> @Davewn said:

> > @dpark said:

> > > @"BIG STU" said:

> > > Man I hate to see this but can understand. It can be difficult for me too since I am not the most computer savvy person in the world. Sadly I am noticing fewer posts from old friends both here and in another section I frequent. I suggest as a friend to step back take a breath and maybe give it a chance to work. You will be surely missed

> >

> > I've been to the site a few times since the changeover. Not a fan of the new site, but it is what it is. Like others have said, lots more free time to do other stuff. I probably won't be around much anymore either. Will wait to see when the "old look" comes back and see if that helps.

> >

> > **One thing that I haven't found yet is how to mark all forums as read? Is there even a way to do this anymore? So when I come back I am only looking at new threads or updated threads since the last time I was on the site?

> **

>

> At least for the desktop version, click on your avatar in the upper right corner of the page and it gives you the option to "mark all viewed." Finding this feature made navigating the site much more user friendly for me.

>

Wow, that was really obvious and intuitive :)

Jesus, this new site really has some really bad usability issues. I would have never looked there. Thank you.

Old stuff:
1962 Tommy Armour AT2W Driver   1953 Macgregor M65W EOM 3 wood   1978 H&B PowerBilt Citation 4 wood
1984 Ben Hogan Apex PC 2-E   1968 Wilson Dual Wedge
1964 Acushnet O-SET M6S Bullseye Putter
New stuff
Cobra ZL 10.5 driver   Adams 5050 16 fairway wood   Adams A2P 20* hybrid
Titleist 716 MB irons 4-PW    Callaway Mack Daddy wedges 52, 56, 60
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Napa

my main issue has to do with viewing threads having multiple photos embedded. I'm a desktop user.

the pages take quite a long time to load and freeze the browser while waiting for the site to respond and load images.

when revisiting the same page later on, those images should be cached but are not. so the same sluggish behavior exists.

it's the accelerator they're using.

can't switch to a different browser tab in the meantime to do anything else.

no other site I'm active on is acting in this manner.

shame they have not smoothed out the operation.

currently playing:
FT-5 - D
Ping G20 - FW
Hogan BH-5, 4-PW
Vokey 52, 56
Ping Anser 2 - Karsten grip
not flashy, reliable

• 1 month later...

Glad I stuck around because I'm getting the hang of the new interface. Some of us oldies find it slow to adjust.

Current Bag:

TM R7 425 driver 11.5

Cleveland Launcher #4 wood

Cobra King Hyper Steel #7 wood

BB Heavenwood # 9 wood

Titlelst DCI Black O/S irons 7 8 9 W SW, Lovett chipper

McGregor putter

Titleist Tour Soft balls

I've noticed. Last time I gave the vintages a run was 3 months ago and that was on the practice range - good fun though. It's winter now and a good time for golf in the cool. The seasons are reversed here, with raspberries and strawberries, tomatoes, passionfruit vines etc only growing in the winter which can be described as mild up here in the sub-tropics of Queensland. Fish supplies are good, prawns, shellfish, salmon, but it's hard to get a good smoked fish as the supply comes from South Africa and not a patch on NZ smoked ling or kahawai. Although I have a fast smoker/cooker box I might start building a cold smoker and make my own. Cheers

Current Bag:

TM R7 425 driver 11.5

BB Heavenwood # 9 wood

McGregor putter

Titleist Tour Soft balls

I guess I am the only one who likes the new format better than the old. On mobile, it's way easier. Pictures are a breeze, more than one at a time! Profile is a snap. Search bars everywyere. Recent discussions and my participated - easy. Fast. Loads easily. The old one reminded me of a 1995 dos pc. Oh well!

• Callaway Epic Max LS Driver
  • Mizuno ST 180 Metals 3 & 5
  • Mizuno CLK 19 Hybrid
  • Srixon ZX4 Irons
  • Mizuno 50 Wedge
  • Callaway Md5 Jaws Wedges
  • MannKrafted Putters ma55 ma66 ma99
  • Bridgestone Ball, Mizuno Bag

> @Orlandogolfguru said:

>** I guess I am the only one who likes the new format better than the old. On mobile, it's way easier.** Pictures are a breeze, more than one at a time! Profile is a snap. Search bars everywyere. Recent discussions and my participated - easy. Fast. Loads easily. The old one reminded me of a 1995 dos pc. Oh well!

I agree with you on the mobile. I never used to post with my phone, but I have started to use it now especially if posting pics that are on my phone. Nothing could be simpler than drag and drop. I can remember having to transfer the pics to my desktop before I could post a pic with the old system.

About the only thing that I'm really missing from the old format are the plethora of inventive emojis that could be placed anywhere in a post, but i have a feeling that with time those may well make a comeback!

Your problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent!

TM RBZ Black 12°

Cobra Baffler Rail F 15.5°/20°

TM '09 Rescue 25°

Adams Idea Tech 28°

TM Burner Plus 7-AW

Cleveland CBX 56°

Never Compromise NCX RAY tau

> @Orlandogolfguru said:

> I guess I am the only one who likes the new format better than the old. On mobile, it's way easier. Pictures are a breeze, more than one at a time! Profile is a snap. Search bars everywyere. Recent discussions and my participated - easy. Fast. Loads easily. The old one reminded me of a 1995 dos pc. Oh well!

It's actually got a lot better, but I don't think the rollout will ever feature in an Internet listicle of "The Top Ten Site Revamps of All Time. ALL TIME!!"

That they're still working on the revamp is interesting. I noticed that the "Disagree" button has been quietly disposed of, and I think that's a positive thing. I've seen a number of complaints about it, and the fact that it's been dropped shows that they are listening to their users (product?).

Like Scomac, I do miss the emoji selection. It can be difficult to get across the tone/purport of one's comment on Internet message boards (e.g. snark or sarcasm) because the readers can't hear the voice or see the face of the poster, but the emojis did a decent job of filling that gap.

> @scomac2002 said:

> > @Orlandogolfguru said:

> >** I guess I am the only one who likes the new format better than the old. On mobile, it's way easier.** Pictures are a breeze, more than one at a time! Profile is a snap. Search bars everywyere. Recent discussions and my participated - easy. Fast. Loads easily. The old one reminded me of a 1995 dos pc. Oh well!

>

> I agree with you on the mobile. I never used to post with my phone, but I have started to use it now especially if posting pics that are on my phone. Nothing could be simpler than drag and drop. I can remember having to transfer the pics to my desktop before I could post a pic with the old system.

> About the only thing that I'm really missing from the old format are the plethora of inventive emojis that could be placed anywhere in a post, but i have a feeling that with time those may well make a comeback!

>

>

When you figure out how to separate/paragraph/blank line/whatever from your phone please make a new thread and have the mods "pin" it.

These posts from the phone, as yours above, look like a single run on sentence,,,,,, and are very difficult to read.

Thanks !!!

Want more posters to read and reply ? "[EMBRACE] THE LINE BREAK"

Callaway Epic Flash SZ Triple Diamond 9.0 Tour AD TP-6 Stiff

Ping G400 hybrid, 19*, 70 gr Stock Stiff

Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, 52, 60, DGS300

Vokey SM8 56/08 (Thanks WRX !!!)

Seemore MT7 Face Balanced (Today)

Chrome Soft Truvis Yellow/Black

> @nsxguy said:

> > @scomac2002 said:

> > > @Orlandogolfguru said:

> > >** I guess I am the only one who likes the new format better than the old. On mobile, it's way easier.** Pictures are a breeze, more than one at a time! Profile is a snap. Search bars everywyere. Recent discussions and my participated - easy. Fast. Loads easily. The old one reminded me of a 1995 dos pc. Oh well!

> >

> > I agree with you on the mobile. I never used to post with my phone, but I have started to use it now especially if posting pics that are on my phone. Nothing could be simpler than drag and drop. I can remember having to transfer the pics to my desktop before I could post a pic with the old system.

> > About the only thing that I'm really missing from the old format are the plethora of inventive emojis that could be placed anywhere in a post, but i have a feeling that with time those may well make a comeback!

> >

> >

>

> When you figure out how to separate/paragraph/blank line/whatever from your phone please make a new thread and have the mods "pin" it.

>

> These posts from the phone, as yours above, look like a single run on sentence,,,,,, and are very difficult to read.

>

> Thanks !!!

Happy? :frowning:

TM RBZ Black 12°

TM '09 Rescue 25°

Adams Idea Tech 28°

TM Burner Plus 7-AW

Cleveland CBX 56°

> @scomac2002 said:

> > @nsxguy said:

> > > @scomac2002 said:

> > > > @Orlandogolfguru said:

> > > >** I guess I am the only one who likes the new format better than the old. On mobile, it's way easier.** Pictures are a breeze, more than one at a time! Profile is a snap. Search bars everywyere. Recent discussions and my participated - easy. Fast. Loads easily. The old one reminded me of a 1995 dos pc. Oh well!

> > >

> > > I agree with you on the mobile. I never used to post with my phone, but I have started to use it now especially if posting pics that are on my phone. Nothing could be simpler than drag and drop. I can remember having to transfer the pics to my desktop before I could post a pic with the old system.

>

> > > About the only thing that I'm really missing from the old format are the plethora of inventive emojis that could be placed anywhere in a post, but i have a feeling that with time those may well make a comeback!

> > >

> > >

> >

> > When you figure out how to separate/paragraph/blank line/whatever from your phone please make a new thread and have the mods "pin" it.

> >

> > These posts from the phone, as yours above, look like a single run on sentence,,,,,, and are very difficult to read.

> >

> > Thanks !!!

>

> Happy? :frowning:

>

>

I'm not UNhappy. LOL

I don't know why you seem to be offended at my suggestion.

But if you DO discover how to do it my previous post is totally serious.

Perhaps if one reads everything here on one's phone one becomes inured as to how difficult it is to read one long run on post ?

Want more posters to read and reply ? "[EMBRACE] THE LINE BREAK"

Callaway Epic Flash SZ Triple Diamond 9.0 Tour AD TP-6 Stiff

Ping G400 hybrid, 19*, 70 gr Stock Stiff

Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, 52, 60, DGS300

Vokey SM8 56/08 (Thanks WRX !!!)

Seemore MT7 Face Balanced (Today)

Chrome Soft Truvis Yellow/Black

> @nsxguy said:

> > @scomac2002 said:

> > > @nsxguy said:

> > > > @scomac2002 said:

> > > > > @Orlandogolfguru said:

> > > > >** I guess I am the only one who likes the new format better than the old. On mobile, it's way easier.** Pictures are a breeze, more than one at a time! Profile is a snap. Search bars everywyere. Recent discussions and my participated - easy. Fast. Loads easily. The old one reminded me of a 1995 dos pc. Oh well!

> > > >

> > > > I agree with you on the mobile. I never used to post with my phone, but I have started to use it now especially if posting pics that are on my phone. Nothing could be simpler than drag and drop. I can remember having to transfer the pics to my desktop before I could post a pic with the old system.

> >

> > > > About the only thing that I'm really missing from the old format are the plethora of inventive emojis that could be placed anywhere in a post, but i have a feeling that with time those may well make a comeback!

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > When you figure out how to separate/paragraph/blank line/whatever from your phone please make a new thread and have the mods "pin" it.

> > >

> > > These posts from the phone, as yours above, look like a single run on sentence,,,,,, and are very difficult to read.

> > >

> > > Thanks !!!

> >

> > Happy? :frowning:

> >

> >

> I'm not UNhappy. LOL

>

> I don't know why you seem to be offended at my suggestion.

>

> But if you DO discover how to do it my previous post is totally serious.

>

> Perhaps if one reads everything here on one's phone one becomes inured as to how difficult it is to read one long run on post ?

I can appreciate how long winded posts are difficult to read on a phone. I am the author of many long winded TLDR type posts. Typically I will double space between paragraphs, but have gotten lazy lately, so thanks for the kick in the butt. I will endeavour to space things out a bit better for ease of reading and reconsider the length of some of my diatribes.

On sober second thought I'm not offended. It seemed like making a mountain out of a mole hill initially, but when I thought about it some more, I can see why you would have a beef. Perhaps that's why I tend to read these forums with the aid of a laptop or notebook rather than relying totally on the phone, but as I said before, it's pretty slick posting from the phone.

TM RBZ Black 12°

TM '09 Rescue 25°

Adams Idea Tech 28°

TM Burner Plus 7-AW

Cleveland CBX 56°

> @nsxguy said:

> They're definitely trying. But yes, the site (desktop anyway) is working just fine.

>

> Wanna see an attempted re-design desktop skin from last night ? It was only on for a nanosecond and I only just got it once and copied it. Next click and it was already gone. Total coincidence I stumbled on it.

>

> pawc1mu7elu5.png

>

where is this and in color?

• Like 1

> @Dcohenour said:

> Facebook? The evil empire? No thanks. I'd rather struggle with this.

Yeah, I can’t believe guys would leave here and join the Facebook group due to these changes. I personally like the new layout as a I am always using my iPad to access this site.

I’d love to be connected to the guys on the Persimmon Golf group on Facebook but don’t want to join Facebook to do it.

• Like 1

The Bag...

Stan Thompson Reactionizer Persimmon woods 1-4
Peerless Palmer 3-SW

Macgregor Bobby Grace M6.4K 

> @deejaid said:

> > @Dcohenour said:

> > Facebook? The evil empire? No thanks. I'd rather struggle with this.

>

> Yeah, I can’t believe guys would leave here and join the Facebook group due to these changes. I personally like the new layout as a I am always using my iPad to access this site.

>

> I’d love to be connected to the guys on the Persimmon Golf group on Facebook but don’t want to join Facebook to do it.

>

I resisted for a long time but in the end I joined up, mainly in order to take part in meet-ups that seem to be more common there.

But that might be because it was originally composed mostly of UK members so (being from the UK myself) the chance of finding someone local was much higher.

There are a lot of people who now frequent both sites. :)

It's not all about the score.

• 2 weeks later...

I know you won't believe me when I say this, but I was the person who made the first suggestion for a Senior Golfer Forum. I was very active on Golfwrx and they accepted my suggestion. I can't validate this but I'd bet that unless they got rid of early posts, some young High Tech fellow could find it. Ha, Ha...No Big Deal. I joined Golfwrx in April 2006 when I lived in Long Island, NY. I was born in NYC and lived on Long Island for 66 years. I retired to DFW, Texas. I think it was just called Senior Golfers back then. I don't post much now but I still play once a week and am still single digit from a 5600 yard Senior Tee Box. I will be 78 in August. I think there might be new people running this now, and I can see that much is different. I enjoyed Golfwrx very much for many years. The ONLY thing that I did't feel comfortable with were the rude and uncivil people that began to appear on Golfwrx. I wouldn't leave Golfwrx for good however because there are many very sharp people that post here and you can get information on many different Golf Related topics. Good luck to all members (Especially the Senior Guys) and have a nice summer. Rony

• Like 1

Everything in Moderation, Keep it Simple, Less is Best
G10 Pings - D 9*, 3W 15.5*, H 18*, 4-PW, 50*, 54*, 58*
Redwood Zing
Titleist ProV1

• 4 weeks later...

Good post Rony. Btw I use your avatar as a swinging guide for fairway shots and going that way on the tee too (or is that tea for two?). The animation shows how smooth a swing can be and this is especially important hitting a fairway wood as I have always had trouble with this. I'm using my #3 wood as a driver these days and next time out on the course will see if I can hit this club off the deck using the animation smoothy.

Current Bag:

TM R7 425 driver 11.5

BB Heavenwood # 9 wood

McGregor putter

Titleist Tour Soft balls