2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Do you think Tiger will win another Major?

tgoodspe1991

> @new2g0lf said:

> > @nosedive32 said:

> > Saying Tiger can't handle the pressure and won't win a major based off the last two and the fact that he hasn't won one since 2008 is a joke. He missed 14 majors due to injury. He kicked away Carnoustie sure but that was the first time he was in the mix in a major since 2013 without having won anything since the same year. He figured out how to win at East Lake after failing at Tampa, Bay Hill, Aronimik, Etc. Using the PGA as an example is just incomprehensibly stupid. He sliced a tee shot into a hazard on 17? What a choker. Wow. Doesn't have it anymore. Can't win...…. He still made par on the hole and shot SIXTY FREAKING FOUR on SUNDAY at a MAJOR with A CHANCE TO WIN

>

> I don't think it's the pressure, he just isn't that much better than the rest of the field anymore, if at all. Prime Tiger could win with his "B" game, even a Major. Tiger 3.0 is still a very good golfer but he will need his "A" game all 4 rounds to win and we haven't seen him be able to do that yet. This isn't a knock on Tiger but a credit to the rest of the Tour that has increased in talent to the point that I doubt anyone will ever dominate the way Tiger, Jack and Arnie did.

He didn't have his A game all four rounds at the Tour Championship and won

But that was his “A-game”. Similarly it was his “A-game” in the two close majors last year, and based on the SG analysis he played better in one of those majors than any previous of those majors where he’s won it playing worse. And that’s the difference in standard today and between playing in a 30 man tour event and a full fielded major with all the best players peaking and focused.

> @Marco said:

> > @new2g0lf said:

> > > @nosedive32 said:

> > > Saying Tiger can't handle the pressure and won't win a major based off the last two and the fact that he hasn't won one since 2008 is a joke. He missed 14 majors due to injury. He kicked away Carnoustie sure but that was the first time he was in the mix in a major since 2013 without having won anything since the same year. He figured out how to win at East Lake after failing at Tampa, Bay Hill, Aronimik, Etc. Using the PGA as an example is just incomprehensibly stupid. He sliced a tee shot into a hazard on 17? What a choker. Wow. Doesn't have it anymore. Can't win...…. He still made par on the hole and shot SIXTY FREAKING FOUR on SUNDAY at a MAJOR with A CHANCE TO WIN

> >

> > I don't think it's the pressure, he just isn't that much better than the rest of the field anymore, if at all. Prime Tiger could win with his "B" game, even a Major. Tiger 3.0 is still a very good golfer but he will need his "A" game all 4 rounds to win and we haven't seen him be able to do that yet. This isn't a knock on Tiger but a credit to the rest of the Tour that has increased in talent to the point that I doubt anyone will ever dominate the way Tiger, Jack and Arnie did.

>

> He didn't have his A game all four rounds at the Tour Championship and won

• Like 1

CR is so full of BS. That was his A game? Really? Starting +3 through 2 and shooting 70 in the opening round, taking 8 billion putts on the back nine Saturday, and missing every fairway on the front 9 Sunday was his A game?

All of that and he finished clear of everyone except Brooks Koepka. And if you call that Tigers A game then Brooksy definitely had his A+ game and only beat Tiger by 2.

East Lake was Tiger's A game? He played not to lose and shot one over on Sunday. Far from his A game.

Also The Tour Championship's field isn't that different than the Masters. Of the 87 teeing it up this week only about 30 have any actual chance of winning this tournament.

God I hope Tiger wins by 5 this week just to shut up the hater club that you're running

G430 LST 9 Matrix 50M4 R Black Tie

BRNR Mini 11.5 Midr Proto 65R*

Epic Speed 16.5 4w 21 7w IM10 60 5.5*

Apex UW 2021 17 Smoke Black RDX 70 5.5*

Stealth DHY 17 20 23 AV Raw Blue 70R*

TSR2 21 & 24 AV Raw Blue 75R*

T350 6-48 AMT Red R300

RTX Full Face Black 54 60 KBS Hi Rev 2 115

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 CH 34in SS Pistol 1.0

Srixon  Star XV

> @nosedive32 said:

> CR is so full of BS. That was his A game? Really? Starting +3 through 2 and shooting 70 in the opening round, taking 8 billion putts on the back nine Saturday, and missing every fairway on the front 9 Sunday was his A game?

>

> All of that and he finished clear of everyone except Brooks Koepka. And if you call that Tigers A game then Brooksy definitely had his A+ game and only beat Tiger by 2.

>

> East Lake was Tiger's A game? He played not to lose and shot one over on Sunday. Far from his A game.

>

>** Also The Tour Championship's field isn't that different than the Masters**. Of the 87 teeing it up this week only about 30 have any actual chance of winning this tournament.

> God I hope Tiger wins by 5 this week just to shut up the hater club that you're running

Never underestimate the willful self-delusion of the Faithful.

The delusion is in people lie you who would underestimate the greatest player of all time coming off a season in which he ranked 5th in total strokes gained, won the tour championship, finished 6th at the British and 2nd at the PGA and claim he'll never win another major and anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional.

T350 6-48 AMT Red R300

Srixon  Star XV

If anyone is “full of BS” it’s you with your cherry picking… What did Tiger shoot in 1997 masters front nine?

+4 is the answer, and “70 in the opening round”. And that event was his “A game”.

And I’m a life long Tiger fan, just one that’s honest & eyes open about where he is.

And less of the insults please.

> @nosedive32 said:

> CR is so full of BS. That was his A game? Really? Starting +3 through 2 and shooting 70 in the opening round, taking 8 billion putts on the back nine Saturday, and missing every fairway on the front 9 Sunday was his A game?

>

> All of that and he finished clear of everyone except Brooks Koepka. And if you call that Tigers A game then Brooksy definitely had his A+ game and only beat Tiger by 2.

>

> East Lake was Tiger's A game? He played not to lose and shot one over on Sunday. Far from his A game.

>

> Also The Tour Championship's field isn't that different than the Masters. Of the 87 teeing it up this week only about 30 have any actual chance of winning this tournament.

> God I hope Tiger wins by 5 this week just to shut up the hater club that you're running

> @nosedive32 said:

>

>

>

> Also The Tour Championship's field isn't that different than the Masters. Of the 87 teeing it up this week only about 30 have any actual chance of winning this tournament.

Exactly, it's like he didnt even watch the tournaments lol

Tiger would have won with his A game at the PGA Championship, he dumped 1 in the creek to make par on the 17th and made a stupid bogey with a bad chip on 14th i think, and almost didnt hit a fairway that round and shot 64.

He did not have his A game on the front 9 on Thursday in 1997. The other 63 absolutely.

He didn't need his A game for near 72 back then. He had it for 72 at Pebble in 2000. WOn by 15. He had it for 72 that same year at St Andrews. Won by 8.

If you honestly think he's not capable of possibly playing any better than he did at PGA or East Lake over a full 72 holes then you're so beyond full of BS. And even if that is the best he could possibly play to say that is incapable of winning a single major is so far beyond stupid I don't even have words for it.

• Like 1

T350 6-48 AMT Red R300

Srixon  Star XV

Everyone has that potential to play even better, but they have to do under the gun in the key pressure moments, and the facts show (whether you like them or not), that he wasn’t up to the task in those events. What contributes to this hesitancy about Tiger delivering in key pressure moments is what we saw again from him in the WGC final hole against Lucas Bjerregaard, he fluffed his chip and couldn’t make a 4ft putt under pressure. It is what it is, and I’m brutally honest about what transpired.

Again, I ‘hope’ he wins this years Masters (I’ve got him on my list of players I want to win), but he has to do it first against todays fields that have never been better or deeper, and that’s the reality he faces.

> @nosedive32 said:

> He did not have his A game on the front 9 on Thursday in 1997. The other 63 absolutely.

> He didn't need his A game for near 72 back then. He had it for 72 at Pebble in 2000. WOn by 15. He had it for 72 that same year at St Andrews. Won by 8.

> If you honestly think he's not capable of possibly playing any better than he did at PGA or East Lake over a full 72 holes then you're so beyond full of BS. And even if that is the best he could possibly play to say that is incapable of winning a single major is so far beyond stupid I don't even have words for it.

Yeah that 64 at Bellerive was full of choke. Tiger can't hack it under pressure. Dude should just retire. Misread 4 footer in the match play was definitely the last straw.

T350 6-48 AMT Red R300

Srixon  Star XV

Here's Tiger stati> @nosedive32 said:

> He did not have his A game on the front 9 on Thursday in 1997. The other 63 absolutely.

> He didn't need his A game for near 72 back then. He had it for 72 at Pebble in 2000. WOn by 15. He had it for 72 that same year at St Andrews. Won by 8.

> If you honestly think he's not capable of possibly playing any better than he did at PGA or East Lake over a full 72 holes then you're so beyond full of BS. And even if that is the best he could possibly play to say that is incapable of winning a single major is so far beyond stupid I don't even have words for it.

and here's Tiger confirming that he didn't have his A game during the first 9 holes, at 3h18m15s

Coulda Woulda Shoulda... and you can apply that logic to every player, no? I'm simply talking about what happened.

> @Marco said:

> > @nosedive32 said:

> > CR is so full of BS. That was his A game? Really? Starting +3 through 2 and shooting 70 in the opening round, taking 8 billion putts on the back nine Saturday, and missing every fairway on the front 9 Sunday was his A game?

> >

> > All of that and he finished clear of everyone except Brooks Koepka. And if you call that Tigers A game then Brooksy definitely had his A+ game and only beat Tiger by 2.

> >

> > East Lake was Tiger's A game? He played not to lose and shot one over on Sunday. Far from his A game.

> >

> > Also The Tour Championship's field isn't that different than the Masters. Of the 87 teeing it up this week only about 30 have any actual chance of winning this tournament.

> > God I hope Tiger wins by 5 this week just to shut up the hater club that you're running

>

> Exactly, it's like he didnt even watch the tournaments lol

>

> Tiger would have won with his A game at the PGA Championship, he dumped 1 in the creek to make par on the 17th and made a stupid bogey with a bad chip on 14th i think, and almost didnt hit a fairway that round and shot 64.

• Like 1

> @"Cool Runnings" said:

> Coulda Woulda Shoulda... I'm talking about what happened.

>

> > @Marco said:

> > > @nosedive32 said:

> > > CR is so full of BS. That was his A game? Really? Starting +3 through 2 and shooting 70 in the opening round, taking 8 billion putts on the back nine Saturday, and missing every fairway on the front 9 Sunday was his A game?

> > >

> > > All of that and he finished clear of everyone except Brooks Koepka. And if you call that Tigers A game then Brooksy definitely had his A+ game and only beat Tiger by 2.

> > >

> > > East Lake was Tiger's A game? He played not to lose and shot one over on Sunday. Far from his A game.

> > >

> > > Also The Tour Championship's field isn't that different than the Masters. Of the 87 teeing it up this week only about 30 have any actual chance of winning this tournament.

> > > God I hope Tiger wins by 5 this week just to shut up the hater club that you're running

> >

> > Exactly, it's like he didnt even watch the tournaments lol

> >

> > Tiger would have won with his A game at the PGA Championship, he dumped 1 in the creek to make par on the 17th and made a stupid bogey with a bad chip on 14th i think, and almost didnt hit a fairway that round and shot 64.

>

>

No you said he had his A game during the last 2 majors and at the Tour Championship, my point is he didn't.

And i'm not talking about his previous A game when in his prime, but his current A game, when everything clicks at the same time.

> @"Cool Runnings" said:

> Coulda Woulda Shoulda... I'm talking about what happened.

>

> > @Marco said:

> > > @nosedive32 said:

> > > CR is so full of BS. That was his A game? Really? Starting +3 through 2 and shooting 70 in the opening round, taking 8 billion putts on the back nine Saturday, and missing every fairway on the front 9 Sunday was his A game?

> > >

> > > All of that and he finished clear of everyone except Brooks Koepka. And if you call that Tigers A game then Brooksy definitely had his A+ game and only beat Tiger by 2.

> > >

> > > East Lake was Tiger's A game? He played not to lose and shot one over on Sunday. Far from his A game.

> > >

> > > Also The Tour Championship's field isn't that different than the Masters. Of the 87 teeing it up this week only about 30 have any actual chance of winning this tournament.

> > > God I hope Tiger wins by 5 this week just to shut up the hater club that you're running

> >

> > Exactly, it's like he didnt even watch the tournaments lol

> >

> > Tiger would have won with his A game at the PGA Championship, he dumped 1 in the creek to make par on the 17th and made a stupid bogey with a bad chip on 14th i think, and almost didnt hit a fairway that round and shot 64.

>

>

What happened was Tiger Woods shot 66-66-64 in the last three rounds of a major. It was the best three round stretch he had to close a major IN HIS ENTIRE CAREER

But yeah I guess he choked it away on Thursday because he knew from his psychic powers Brooks Koepka was going to play out of his mind good for 4 days

• Like 1

T350 6-48 AMT Red R300

Srixon  Star XV

"Tiger won't win another major until I actually see it happen."

I guess nobody is ever going to win another major until they do. Great prognostication DA

• Like 2

T350 6-48 AMT Red R300

Srixon  Star XV

Why do Tiger’s fans take everything so personally? If some people don’t think he’ll win another one, and have a valid argument, it doesn’t mean they’re slamming him. They might just have a different opinion.

EDIT: some Tiger fans, not all

And again I’ll ask (for the umpteenth time). Why do you feel it’s so necessary to constantly include GOAT into every discussion? We know you feel that way(it’s very evident), but are you not secure enough in that belief that you have to constantly reiterate that feeling? Or do you think by saying it over and over....and over and over that you’re going to convert everyone to your point of view?

BTW, I think he will win one. I think he wins this week.

I am not saying he will win another major but...

The guy is 12th in the world rankings. That is an unbiased snapshot of the performance of the last two years. Actually 15 months for Woods. So do some have a belief that only the 11 ahead of him have a chance? If not why?

Titleist TSR4 9° Tensei AV White 65

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TSR3 24° Diamana Ahina

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

The problem is there is no longer a valid argument to adamantly insist he's not capable of winning a single major the remainder of his career after what happened last year. It's not 2010-2011 or 2014-2017 Tiger anymore. It's an insult to the game and his greatness. I would be as insistent in defending stupid statements like this against any great player whether I'm a fan or not.

T350 6-48 AMT Red R300

Srixon  Star XV

> @nosedive32 said:

> The problem is there is no longer a valid argument to adamantly insist he's not capable of winning a single major the remainder of his career after what happened last year. It's not 2010-2011 or 2014-2017 Tiger anymore. It's an insult to the game and his greatness. I would be as insistent in defending stupid statements like this against any great player whether I'm a fan or not.

I would agree with most of that. Maybe the only somewhat valid argument is he still hasn’t closed out a full field event. But we all know he certainly knows how to.

Now you’re going to the other extreme, first it’s Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda, then it’s “dude should just retire”… why? Why not be somewhere in the middle (which is reality) with acknowledgment that his ranking is good, he’s played ok this season, but he’s also struggled in key pressure moments? Isn’t this more reasonable and accurate?

> @nosedive32 said:

> Yeah that 64 at Bellerive was full of choke. Tiger can't hack it under pressure. Dude should just retire. Misread 4 footer in the match play was definitely the last straw.

> @"Cool Runnings" said:

> Now you’re going to the other extreme, first it’s Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda, then it’s “dude should just retire”… why? Why not be somewhere in the middle (which is reality) with acknowledgment that his ranking is good, he’s played ok this season, but he’s also struggled in key pressure moments? Isn’t this more reasonable and accurate?

>

> > @nosedive32 said:

> > Yeah that 64 at Bellerive was full of choke. Tiger can't hack it under pressure. Dude should just retire. Misread 4 footer in the match play was definitely the last straw.

>

>

Why don't you acknowledge that Rory choked in a key pressure moment on his second shot in Match Play instead of blaming the wind lmao ?

See I’m not disputing the reality of what you’ve just stated about his great 66-66-64 rounds… they were indeed great rounds no doubt. But like we saw in 1997 with Tiger’s so so opening 70 round followed by 3 great rounds, back then against those fields that was enough to win, and by some margin - and he was playing with what everyone agrees was his A-game. But Tiger played similarly with his A-game at the PGA 2018 opening with a so so opening round 70 followed by 3 great rounds. The problem & reality I’m highlighting is that today you’ve got players like Brooks that are monsters and even Tiger’s A-game (and that performance form Tiger statistically would have won him the PGA major in the previous era), today though, against monsters like Brooks, Tiger’s best still wasn’t good enough to win.

It’s not an attack on Tiger like you and others seem to be making it out to be, I’m just a realist and more pragmatic about what happened and what is.

> @nosedive32 said:

> > @"Cool Runnings" said:

> > Coulda Woulda Shoulda... I'm talking about what happened.

> >

> > > @Marco said:

> > > > @nosedive32 said:

> > > > CR is so full of BS. That was his A game? Really? Starting +3 through 2 and shooting 70 in the opening round, taking 8 billion putts on the back nine Saturday, and missing every fairway on the front 9 Sunday was his A game?

> > > >

> > > > All of that and he finished clear of everyone except Brooks Koepka. And if you call that Tigers A game then Brooksy definitely had his A+ game and only beat Tiger by 2.

> > > >

> > > > East Lake was Tiger's A game? He played not to lose and shot one over on Sunday. Far from his A game.

> > > >

> > > > Also The Tour Championship's field isn't that different than the Masters. Of the 87 teeing it up this week only about 30 have any actual chance of winning this tournament.

> > > > God I hope Tiger wins by 5 this week just to shut up the hater club that you're running

> > >

> > > Exactly, it's like he didnt even watch the tournaments lol

> > >

> > > Tiger would have won with his A game at the PGA Championship, he dumped 1 in the creek to make par on the 17th and made a stupid bogey with a bad chip on 14th i think, and almost didnt hit a fairway that round and shot 64.

> >

> >

>

> What happened was Tiger Woods shot 66-66-64 in the last three rounds of a major. It was the best three round stretch he had to close a major IN HIS ENTIRE CAREER

>

> But yeah I guess he choked it away on Thursday because he knew from his psychic powers Brooks Koepka was going to play out of his mind good for 4 days

Well said... and a voice of reason.

> @"deadsolid...shank" said:

> Why do Tiger’s fans take everything so personally? If some people don’t think he’ll win another one, and have a valid argument, it doesn’t mean they’re slamming him. They might just have a different opinion.

>

> EDIT: some Tiger fans, not all

>

> And again I’ll ask (for the umpteenth time). Why do you feel it’s so necessary to constantly include GOAT into every discussion? We know you feel that way(it’s very evident), but are you not secure enough in that belief that you have to constantly reiterate that feeling? Or do you think by saying it over and over....and over and over that you’re going to convert everyone to your point of view?

>

> BTW, I think he will win one. I think he wins this week.

(About Rory) I’ve answered why based on the facts we’ve repeatedly discussed, and you know what they are so it’s not worth going over again.

What’s more interesting is why are you deflected to Rory?

> @Marco said:

> > Now you’re going to the other extreme, first it’s Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda, then it’s “dude should just retire”… why? Why not be somewhere in the middle (which is reality) with acknowledgment that his ranking is good, he’s played ok this season, but he’s also struggled in key pressure moments? Isn’t this more reasonable and accurate?

> >

> > > @nosedive32 said:

> > > Yeah that 64 at Bellerive was full of choke. Tiger can't hack it under pressure. Dude should just retire. Misread 4 footer in the match play was definitely the last straw.

> >

> >

>

> Why don't you acknowledge that Rory choked in a key pressure moment on his second shot in Match Play instead of blaming the wind lmao ?

> @cdnglf said:

> A game, A+ game, A++ game, B- game, O negative game... all just furious hand-waving.

>

> I'm still laughing at the dude who thinks the Tour Championship isn't that different than the Masters.

The point wasn't that they are the same, the point is the Masters isn't the same as the other 3 majors. Its not a full field he has to beat. There are 87 players this week. They include 5 Ams, 9 Senior Tour past champions, and a handful of first time pros. There are literally 20 players in the field that actually have no chance to win.

I'm not even bothering to count how many of the remaining 67 have a history of struggling at Augusta National and pretty much can't win (guys like Martin Kaymer)

The difference in beating the other 29 best players in the world and the other 66 is a major difference compared to a full field of 156 in the other majors when you have the top 100+ in the world at the PGA for example.

Don't make The Tour Championship out to be the Hero World Challenge. It's not. It's nowhere near it. It's miles from the Masters (As are any of the other non majors - Players included for that nonsense crowd) but it's a hell of a lot closer to the Masters than the World Challenge.

The field argument does not apply the same way to the Masters as it does to the other majors in comparison to the tour championship.

T350 6-48 AMT Red R300

Srixon  Star XV

> @Marco said:

> > Now you’re going to the other extreme, first it’s Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda, then it’s “dude should just retire”… why? Why not be somewhere in the middle (which is reality) with acknowledgment that his ranking is good, he’s played ok this season, but he’s also struggled in key pressure moments? Isn’t this more reasonable and accurate?

> >

> > > @nosedive32 said:

> > > Yeah that 64 at Bellerive was full of choke. Tiger can't hack it under pressure. Dude should just retire. Misread 4 footer in the match play was definitely the last straw.

> >

> >

>

> Why don't you acknowledge that Rory choked in a key pressure moment on his second shot in Match Play instead of blaming the wind lmao ?

Then he would have to acknowledge the wind may have impacted Tiger's 2nd shot on 18 vs Bjeergaard and he didn't just choke and fluff it.

T350 6-48 AMT Red R300

Srixon  Star XV

You do realise the Masters has roughly double the number of the world best players compared to the 30 man TC event… not to mention the TC is at the end of an exhausting stretch at the very end of the season with many of those players having one eye on the Ryder Cup the following week. Majors however, is where all the world’s best players build their schedule to be fresh, focused and peaking in those 4 events, not mention how much more majors mean. Surely you see the big difference now?

> @nosedive32 said:

> > @cdnglf said:

> > A game, A+ game, A++ game, B- game, O negative game... all just furious hand-waving.

> >

> > I'm still laughing at the dude who thinks the Tour Championship isn't that different than the Masters.

>

> The point wasn't that they are the same, the point is the Masters isn't the same as the other 3 majors. Its not a full field he has to beat. There are 87 players this week. They include 5 Ams, 9 Senior Tour past champions, and a handful of first time pros. There are literally 20 players in the field that actually have no chance to win.

>

> I'm not even bothering to count how many of the remaining 67 have a history of struggling at Augusta National and pretty much can't win (guys like Martin Kaymer)

>

> The difference in beating the other 29 best players in the world and the other 66 is a major difference compared to a full field of 156 in the other majors when you have the top 100+ in the world at the PGA for example.

>

> Don't make The Tour Championship out to be the Hero World Challenge. It's not. It's nowhere near it. It's miles from the Masters (As are any of the other non majors - Players included for that nonsense crowd) but it's a **** of a lot closer to the Masters than the World Challenge.

>

> The field argument does not apply the same way to the Masters as it does to the other majors in comparison to the tour championship.

>

>