2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Do you think Tiger will win another Major?

tgoodspe1991

> @nosedive32 said:

> > @cdnglf said:

> > A game, A+ game, A++ game, B- game, O negative game... all just furious hand-waving.

> >

> > I'm still laughing at the dude who thinks the Tour Championship isn't that different than the Masters.

>

> The point wasn't that they are the same, the point is the Masters isn't the same as the other 3 majors. Its not a full field he has to beat. There are 87 players this week. They include 5 Ams, 9 Senior Tour past champions, and a handful of first time pros. There are literally 20 players in the field that actually have no chance to win.

>

> I'm not even bothering to count how many of the remaining 67 have a history of struggling at Augusta National and pretty much can't win (guys like Martin Kaymer)

>

> The difference in beating the other 29 best players in the world and the other 66 is a major difference compared to a full field of 156 in the other majors when you have the top 100+ in the world at the PGA for example.

>

> Don't make The Tour Championship out to be the Hero World Challenge. It's not. It's nowhere near it. It's miles from the Masters (As are any of the other non majors - Players included for that nonsense crowd) but it's a **** of a lot closer to the Masters than the World Challenge.

>

> The field argument does not apply the same way to the Masters as it does to the other majors in comparison to the tour championship.

>

>

I think that’s an excellent point, and one I hadn’t considered. In reality this isn’t that much of a larger field than the Tour Championship. In regards to the amount of players with a legimate chance to win.

I do think though there is vast difference between the two in what they represent. Let’s be realistic, the Tour Championship really isn’t a difference maker to Tiger. But this is, and the pressure is exponentially different. Even for someone with his history, I have to think the pressure is going to be a factor.

> @"Cool Runnings" said:

> You do realise the Masters has roughly double the number of the world best players compared to the 30 man TC event… not to mention the TC is at the end of an exhausting stretch at the very end of the season with many of those players having one eye on the Ryder Cup the following week. Majors however, is where all the world’s best players build their schedule to be fresh, focused and peaking in those 4 events, not mention how much more majors mean. Surely you see the big difference now?

>

> > @nosedive32 said:

> > > @cdnglf said:

> > > A game, A+ game, A++ game, B- game, O negative game... all just furious hand-waving.

> > >

> > > I'm still laughing at the dude who thinks the Tour Championship isn't that different than the Masters.

> >

> > The point wasn't that they are the same, the point is the Masters isn't the same as the other 3 majors. Its not a full field he has to beat. There are 87 players this week. They include 5 Ams, 9 Senior Tour past champions, and a handful of first time pros. There are literally 20 players in the field that actually have no chance to win.

> >

> > I'm not even bothering to count how many of the remaining 67 have a history of struggling at Augusta National and pretty much can't win (guys like Martin Kaymer)

> >

> > The difference in beating the other 29 best players in the world and the other 66 is a major difference compared to a full field of 156 in the other majors when you have the top 100+ in the world at the PGA for example.

> >

> > Don't make The Tour Championship out to be the Hero World Challenge. It's not. It's nowhere near it. It's miles from the Masters (As are any of the other non majors - Players included for that nonsense crowd) but it's a **** of a lot closer to the Masters than the World Challenge.

> >

> > The field argument does not apply the same way to the Masters as it does to the other majors in comparison to the tour championship.

> >

> >

>

>

FedEx Cup victory + TC victory = ~11.5 million dollars

Masters victory = a lot less than that

I find it hard to believe nobody at the TC is trying

Are you seriously saying Tiger’s chip against Bjeergaard was now affected by wind? Like others have rightly asked me about Rory’s 170 yard iron falling 25 yards short… based on what evidence do you say that?

> @nosedive32 said:

> > @Marco said:

> > > @"Cool Runnings" said:

> > > Now you’re going to the other extreme, first it’s Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda, then it’s “dude should just retire”… why? Why not be somewhere in the middle (which is reality) with acknowledgment that his ranking is good, he’s played ok this season, but he’s also struggled in key pressure moments? Isn’t this more reasonable and accurate?

> > >

> > > > @nosedive32 said:

> > > > Yeah that 64 at Bellerive was full of choke. Tiger can't hack it under pressure. Dude should just retire. Misread 4 footer in the match play was definitely the last straw.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Why don't you acknowledge that Rory choked in a key pressure moment on his second shot in Match Play instead of blaming the wind lmao ?

>

> Then he would have to acknowledge the wind may have impacted Tiger's 2nd shot on 18 vs Bjeergaard and he didn't just choke and fluff it.

Also the argument that "well the 67 guys at the Masters care more than the 30 at the TC" just means that there's infinitely more pressure on all those guys without a major at the Masters where Tiger has 14 majors and 4 Green Jackets. No matter how much pressure is on TW to win #15 its nothing like some guy ranked 34th in the world with 2 tour wins trying to win #1

G430 LST 9 Matrix 50M4 R Black Tie

BRNR Mini 11.5 Midr Proto 65R*

Epic Speed 16.5 4w 21 7w IM10 60 5.5*

Apex UW 2021 17 Smoke Black RDX 70 5.5*

Stealth DHY 17 20 23 AV Raw Blue 70R*

TSR2 21 & 24 AV Raw Blue 75R*

T350 6-48 AMT Red R300

RTX Full Face Black 54 60 KBS Hi Rev 2 115

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 CH 34in SS Pistol 1.0

Srixon  Star XV

> @nosedive32 said:

> Also the argument that "well the 67 guys at the Masters care more than the 30 at the TC" just means that there's infinitely more pressure on all those guys without a major at the Masters where Tiger has 14 majors and 4 Green Jackets. No matter how much pressure is on TW to win #15 its nothing like some guy ranked 34th in the world with 2 tour wins trying to win #1

I actually think the pressure is greater on Tiger. Much greater. He’s playing for history, it’s obviously big for everyone, but outside of maybe Rory, it’s bigger by far for Tiger than anyone else. At least in my view.

To the very top players winning a major is priceless. And I didn’t say “they weren’t trying”, you did. But surely you can understand the big difference between building your yearly schedule around being fresh, rested, focused and peaking for majors and the TC event which comes at the end of a long tough stretch of events and just 1 week prior to the biggest event of them all, the Ryder Cup?

> @Potatohead said:

> > @"Cool Runnings" said:

> > You do realise the Masters has roughly double the number of the world best players compared to the 30 man TC event… not to mention the TC is at the end of an exhausting stretch at the very end of the season with many of those players having one eye on the Ryder Cup the following week. Majors however, is where all the world’s best players build their schedule to be fresh, focused and peaking in those 4 events, not mention how much more majors mean. Surely you see the big difference now?

> >

> > > @nosedive32 said:

> > > > @cdnglf said:

> > > > A game, A+ game, A++ game, B- game, O negative game... all just furious hand-waving.

> > > >

> > > > I'm still laughing at the dude who thinks the Tour Championship isn't that different than the Masters.

> > >

> > > The point wasn't that they are the same, the point is the Masters isn't the same as the other 3 majors. Its not a full field he has to beat. There are 87 players this week. They include 5 Ams, 9 Senior Tour past champions, and a handful of first time pros. There are literally 20 players in the field that actually have no chance to win.

> > >

> > > I'm not even bothering to count how many of the remaining 67 have a history of struggling at Augusta National and pretty much can't win (guys like Martin Kaymer)

> > >

> > > The difference in beating the other 29 best players in the world and the other 66 is a major difference compared to a full field of 156 in the other majors when you have the top 100+ in the world at the PGA for example.

> > >

> > > Don't make The Tour Championship out to be the Hero World Challenge. It's not. It's nowhere near it. It's miles from the Masters (As are any of the other non majors - Players included for that nonsense crowd) but it's a **** of a lot closer to the Masters than the World Challenge.

> > >

> > > The field argument does not apply the same way to the Masters as it does to the other majors in comparison to the tour championship.

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

> FedEx Cup victory + TC victory = ~11.5 million dollars

> Masters victory = a lot less than that

>

>

> I find it hard to believe nobody at the TC is trying

> @"Cool Runnings" said:

> (About Rory) I’ve answered why based on the facts we’ve repeatedly discussed, and you know what they are so it’s not worth going over again.

>

> What’s more interesting is why are you deflected to Rory?

>

> > @Marco said:

> > > Now you’re going to the other extreme, first it’s Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda, then it’s “dude should just retire”… why? Why not be somewhere in the middle (which is reality) with acknowledgment that his ranking is good, he’s played ok this season, but he’s also struggled in key pressure moments? Isn’t this more reasonable and accurate?

> > >

> > > > Yeah that 64 at Bellerive was full of choke. Tiger can't hack it under pressure. Dude should just retire. Misread 4 footer in the match play was definitely the last straw.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Why don't you acknowledge that Rory choked in a key pressure moment on his second shot in Match Play instead of blaming the wind lmao ?

>

>

You talk about TW choking. But Rory, in his prime recently, has been blowing pressure putts constantly and can't close on Sunday.

Until very recently, he was is the final group on Sunday 9 times.

And had won ZERO.

That's a lot of bad luck and wind blown shots ; )

> @"Cool Runnings" said:

> To the very top players winning a major is priceless. And I didn’t say “they weren’t trying”, you did. But surely you can understand the big difference between building your yearly schedule around being fresh, rested, focused and peaking for majors and the TC event which comes at the end of a long tough stretch of events and just 1 week prior to the biggest event of them all, the Ryder Cup?

>

> > @Potatohead said:

> > > You do realise the Masters has roughly double the number of the world best players compared to the 30 man TC event… not to mention the TC is at the end of an exhausting stretch at the very end of the season with many of those players having one eye on the Ryder Cup the following week. Majors however, is where all the world’s best players build their schedule to be fresh, focused and peaking in those 4 events, not mention how much more majors mean. Surely you see the big difference now?

> > >

> > > > > @cdnglf said:

> > > > > A game, A+ game, A++ game, B- game, O negative game... all just furious hand-waving.

> > > > >

> > > > > I'm still laughing at the dude who thinks the Tour Championship isn't that different than the Masters.

> > > >

> > > > The point wasn't that they are the same, the point is the Masters isn't the same as the other 3 majors. Its not a full field he has to beat. There are 87 players this week. They include 5 Ams, 9 Senior Tour past champions, and a handful of first time pros. There are literally 20 players in the field that actually have no chance to win.

> > > >

> > > > I'm not even bothering to count how many of the remaining 67 have a history of struggling at Augusta National and pretty much can't win (guys like Martin Kaymer)

> > > >

> > > > The difference in beating the other 29 best players in the world and the other 66 is a major difference compared to a full field of 156 in the other majors when you have the top 100+ in the world at the PGA for example.

> > > >

> > > > Don't make The Tour Championship out to be the Hero World Challenge. It's not. It's nowhere near it. It's miles from the Masters (As are any of the other non majors - Players included for that nonsense crowd) but it's a **** of a lot closer to the Masters than the World Challenge.

> > > >

> > > > The field argument does not apply the same way to the Masters as it does to the other majors in comparison to the tour championship.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > FedEx Cup victory + TC victory = ~11.5 million dollars

> > Masters victory = a lot less than that

> >

> >

> > I find it hard to believe nobody at the TC is trying

>

>

Nobody cares about the RC, they ain't getting paid to be there. They do it only because the wives think it's cool and they would be blasted in the media if they decided to opt out.

> @bscinstnct said:

> > (About Rory) I’ve answered why based on the facts we’ve repeatedly discussed, and you know what they are so it’s not worth going over again.

> >

> > What’s more interesting is why are you deflected to Rory?

> >

> > > @Marco said:

> > > > @"Cool Runnings" said:

> > > > Now you’re going to the other extreme, first it’s Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda, then it’s “dude should just retire”… why? Why not be somewhere in the middle (which is reality) with acknowledgment that his ranking is good, he’s played ok this season, but he’s also struggled in key pressure moments? Isn’t this more reasonable and accurate?

> > > >

> > > > > @nosedive32 said:

> > > > > Yeah that 64 at Bellerive was full of choke. Tiger can't hack it under pressure. Dude should just retire. Misread 4 footer in the match play was definitely the last straw.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Why don't you acknowledge that Rory choked in a key pressure moment on his second shot in Match Play instead of blaming the wind lmao ?

> >

> >

>

> You talk about TW choking. But Rory, in his prime recently, has been blowing pressure putts constantly and can't close on Sunday.

>

> Until very recently, he was is the final group on Sunday 9 times.

> And had won ZERO.

>

> That's a lot of bad luck and wind blown shots ; )

B, you didn’t quote anyone! What’s up with that!??

> @"deadsolid...shank" said:

> > @nosedive32 said:

> > Also the argument that "well the 67 guys at the Masters care more than the 30 at the TC" just means that there's infinitely more pressure on all those guys without a major at the Masters where Tiger has 14 majors and 4 Green Jackets. No matter how much pressure is on TW to win #15 its nothing like some guy ranked 34th in the world with 2 tour wins trying to win #1

>

> I actually think the pressure is greater on Tiger. Much greater. He’s playing for history, it’s obviously big for everyone, but outside of maybe Rory, it’s bigger by far for Tiger than anyone else. At least in my view.

>

I think post YE Yang through injury plagued Tiger the pressure was greater. I don't think it's the same anymore because Tigers perspective is so different in this comeback. He didn't think he'd ever play again and think now he feels a freedom he didn't have when everyone expected him to break the record. There's a reason he never shot 64 on Sunday to make a hell of a run from behind before and was able to do it last year

G430 LST 9 Matrix 50M4 R Black Tie

BRNR Mini 11.5 Midr Proto 65R*

Epic Speed 16.5 4w 21 7w IM10 60 5.5*

Apex UW 2021 17 Smoke Black RDX 70 5.5*

Stealth DHY 17 20 23 AV Raw Blue 70R*

TSR2 21 & 24 AV Raw Blue 75R*

T350 6-48 AMT Red R300

RTX Full Face Black 54 60 KBS Hi Rev 2 115

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 CH 34in SS Pistol 1.0

Srixon  Star XV

> @nosedive32 said:

> > @"deadsolid...shank" said:

> > > @nosedive32 said:

> > > Also the argument that "well the 67 guys at the Masters care more than the 30 at the TC" just means that there's infinitely more pressure on all those guys without a major at the Masters where Tiger has 14 majors and 4 Green Jackets. No matter how much pressure is on TW to win #15 its nothing like some guy ranked 34th in the world with 2 tour wins trying to win #1

> >

> > I actually think the pressure is greater on Tiger. Much greater. He’s playing for history, it’s obviously big for everyone, but outside of maybe Rory, it’s bigger by far for Tiger than anyone else. At least in my view.

> >

>

> I think post YE Yang through injury plagued Tiger the pressure was greater. I don't think it's the same anymore because Tigers perspective is so different in this comeback. He didn't think he'd ever play again and think now he feels a freedom he didn't have when everyone expected him to break the record. There's a reason he never shot 64 on Sunday to make a **** of a run from behind before and was able to do it last year

You could very well be right.

> > @bscinstnct said:

> > > (About Rory) I’ve answered why based on the facts we’ve repeatedly discussed, and you know what they are so it’s not worth going over again.

> > >

> > > What’s more interesting is why are you deflected to Rory?

> > >

> > > > @Marco said:

> > > > > @"Cool Runnings" said:

> > > > > Now you’re going to the other extreme, first it’s Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda, then it’s “dude should just retire”… why? Why not be somewhere in the middle (which is reality) with acknowledgment that his ranking is good, he’s played ok this season, but he’s also struggled in key pressure moments? Isn’t this more reasonable and accurate?

> > > > >

> > > > > > @nosedive32 said:

> > > > > > Yeah that 64 at Bellerive was full of choke. Tiger can't hack it under pressure. Dude should just retire. Misread 4 footer in the match play was definitely the last straw.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Why don't you acknowledge that Rory choked in a key pressure moment on his second shot in Match Play instead of blaming the wind lmao ?

> > >

> > >

> >

> > You talk about TW choking. But Rory, in his prime recently, has been blowing pressure putts constantly and can't close on Sunday.

> >

> > Until very recently, he was is the final group on Sunday 9 times.

> > And had won ZERO.

> >

> > That's a lot of bad luck and wind blown shots ; )

>

> B, you didn’t quote anyone! What’s up with that!??

>

>

tjvt13iuj0a1.png

I think there's just too much competition for him to win at his age. Of course Tiger Woods has proven over and over how great he is so you never know, but I voted no.

>Mavrik Max 12.5* 

>Mavrik 16.5* 4w

>Mavrik Max 4, 5, 6, 7 hybrids

>7--SW Dynacraft Prophet Muscle Blade Irons

>MD5 Jaws 58* W grind LW

>Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide Putter

“Nobody cares about the Ryder Cup”… Now I know you're joking. The two players below “care” more about out the Ryder Cup than even winning a major.

Justin Thomas:

“Justin Thomas was interviewed at the Tournament of Champions and told Golf Channel he would rather win the Ryder Cup than a major championship in 2016. He didn't even hesitate.”

Francesco Molinari:

“Molinari won this year's Open to claim his first major, but said Sunday's success was far more important. Asked what it meant to him, Molinari said: "So much, so much more than majors, more than anything.”

> @Potatohead said:

> > To the very top players winning a major is priceless. And I didn’t say “they weren’t trying”, you did. But surely you can understand the big difference between building your yearly schedule around being fresh, rested, focused and peaking for majors and the TC event which comes at the end of a long tough stretch of events and just 1 week prior to the biggest event of them all, the Ryder Cup?

> >

> > > @Potatohead said:

> > > > You do realise the Masters has roughly double the number of the world best players compared to the 30 man TC event… not to mention the TC is at the end of an exhausting stretch at the very end of the season with many of those players having one eye on the Ryder Cup the following week. Majors however, is where all the world’s best players build their schedule to be fresh, focused and peaking in those 4 events, not mention how much more majors mean. Surely you see the big difference now?

> > > >

> > > > > @nosedive32 said:

> > > > > > @cdnglf said:

> > > > > > A game, A+ game, A++ game, B- game, O negative game... all just furious hand-waving.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I'm still laughing at the dude who thinks the Tour Championship isn't that different than the Masters.

> > > > >

> > > > > The point wasn't that they are the same, the point is the Masters isn't the same as the other 3 majors. Its not a full field he has to beat. There are 87 players this week. They include 5 Ams, 9 Senior Tour past champions, and a handful of first time pros. There are literally 20 players in the field that actually have no chance to win.

> > > > >

> > > > > I'm not even bothering to count how many of the remaining 67 have a history of struggling at Augusta National and pretty much can't win (guys like Martin Kaymer)

> > > > >

> > > > > The difference in beating the other 29 best players in the world and the other 66 is a major difference compared to a full field of 156 in the other majors when you have the top 100+ in the world at the PGA for example.

> > > > >

> > > > > Don't make The Tour Championship out to be the Hero World Challenge. It's not. It's nowhere near it. It's miles from the Masters (As are any of the other non majors - Players included for that nonsense crowd) but it's a **** of a lot closer to the Masters than the World Challenge.

> > > > >

> > > > > The field argument does not apply the same way to the Masters as it does to the other majors in comparison to the tour championship.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > FedEx Cup victory + TC victory = ~11.5 million dollars

> > > Masters victory = a lot less than that

> > >

> > >

> > > I find it hard to believe nobody at the TC is trying

> >

> >

>

> Nobody cares about the RC, they ain't getting paid to be there. They do it only because the wives think it's cool and they would be blasted in the media if they decided to opt out.

It's interesting that the "Yes" people seem to believe Tiger winning (a major) again is a near certainty. They may be right.

In contrast, the "No" people are much more hesitant in stating their conviction ("no, but won't surprise me if he did").

No one has Tiger's historical accomplishments, but the number of years / tournaments people can get shut out in these big events can go on longer than you might otherwise guess. Rory = zero since 2014, DJ = zero since 2016 US Open, Phil = zero since 2013 Open (maybe not the greatest example as he's older and he lost to a statistical anomaly at the 2016 Open, but I'd bet a lot of people thought he had 1 more in him somewhere). Tiger since 2008. We can list reasons why _now_ for all of these people (and some are legit) but the question is whether you would have bet that way (zero wins) at a point in the past.

As mentioned, I'm 51/49 no. If he was 10 years younger (same profile as today, not the career accomplishments), I would pick yes, but recognize it may not happen. To me, he's #12 in the world, won a tournament last year, and had a chance to win others. He's very good and one of the Tier 1 names in the running. But to bet the house at even money that he will (no one has said this but I am implying it from the arguments made from the "yes" group) seems a bit optimistic.

> @"Cool Runnings" said:

> “Nobody cares about the Ryder Cup”… Now I know you're joking. The two players below “care” more about out the Ryder Cup than even winning a major.

>

> Justin Thomas:

> “Justin Thomas was interviewed at the Tournament of Champions and told Golf Channel he would rather win the Ryder Cup than a major championship in 2016. He didn't even hesitate.”

>

> Francesco Molinari:

> “Molinari won this year's Open to claim his first major, but said Sunday's success was far more important. Asked what it meant to him, Molinari said: "So much, so much more than majors, more than anything.”

>

> > @Potatohead said:

> > > To the very top players winning a major is priceless. And I didn’t say “they weren’t trying”, you did. But surely you can understand the big difference between building your yearly schedule around being fresh, rested, focused and peaking for majors and the TC event which comes at the end of a long tough stretch of events and just 1 week prior to the biggest event of them all, the Ryder Cup?

> > >

> > > > @Potatohead said:

> > > > > You do realise the Masters has roughly double the number of the world best players compared to the 30 man TC event… not to mention the TC is at the end of an exhausting stretch at the very end of the season with many of those players having one eye on the Ryder Cup the following week. Majors however, is where all the world’s best players build their schedule to be fresh, focused and peaking in those 4 events, not mention how much more majors mean. Surely you see the big difference now?

> > > > >

> > > > > > > @cdnglf said:

> > > > > > > A game, A+ game, A++ game, B- game, O negative game... all just furious hand-waving.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I'm still laughing at the dude who thinks the Tour Championship isn't that different than the Masters.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The point wasn't that they are the same, the point is the Masters isn't the same as the other 3 majors. Its not a full field he has to beat. There are 87 players this week. They include 5 Ams, 9 Senior Tour past champions, and a handful of first time pros. There are literally 20 players in the field that actually have no chance to win.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I'm not even bothering to count how many of the remaining 67 have a history of struggling at Augusta National and pretty much can't win (guys like Martin Kaymer)

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The difference in beating the other 29 best players in the world and the other 66 is a major difference compared to a full field of 156 in the other majors when you have the top 100+ in the world at the PGA for example.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Don't make The Tour Championship out to be the Hero World Challenge. It's not. It's nowhere near it. It's miles from the Masters (As are any of the other non majors - Players included for that nonsense crowd) but it's a **** of a lot closer to the Masters than the World Challenge.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The field argument does not apply the same way to the Masters as it does to the other majors in comparison to the tour championship.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > FedEx Cup victory + TC victory = ~11.5 million dollars

> > > > Masters victory = a lot less than that

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > I find it hard to believe nobody at the TC is trying

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Nobody cares about the RC, they ain't getting paid to be there. They do it only because the wives think it's cool and they would be blasted in the media if they decided to opt out.

>

>

I know each of these guys said what they said, but I have to believe these comments were influenced by the exact timing and environment in which they were asked. Ask them again and I'd bet a lot they will give you a different answer. Heck, if one of them wins the Masters, ask them if they think the 2020 Ryder Cup is more important.

The fact he hasn’t won a major in 11 years is meaningless to me. Those 11 years contained one of the biggest public scandals ever, 9 figure divorce, at least two different addiction recoveries, multiple surgeries. You don’t win majors going through all that. He had huge demons to deal with and golf took a back seat.

He put that all behind him, and as soon as he got healthy and clean, he was one of the best players in the world again. Tiger can even hit driver again. And he’s Tiger Woods. There aren’t any players currently that are clearly better than Tiger. Why wouldn’t he have a shot at winning?

Edit: those of you who think Tiger needs 4 great rounds to win a major don’t know your golf history well. How many times have we seen someone open a major with a 64 or 65, then see the winning score between -8 to -12? Rarely does someone put together 4 incredible rounds.

• Like 1

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5 HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Green 60 TX 45.9" D3

Driver 2: Taylormade Burner Mini 11.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 X D5

Fairway: PXG 0311XF Gen 5 4 Wood; Smoke iM10 Green 70 TX D6

Irons: PXG 0317X; PXG 0311T Gen 5; 5-GW DG 105 X D7

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 56 S Grind;  Cleveland RTX Full Face 64 DG 120 X E0

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Raptor 38” Wristlock Grip

> @PowderedToastMan said:

> The fact he hasn’t won a major in 11 years is meaningless to me. Those 11 years contained one of the biggest public scandals ever, 9 figure divorce, at least two different addiction recoveries, multiple surgeries. You don’t win majors going through all that. He had huge demons to deal with and golf took a back seat.

>

> He put that all behind him, and as soon as he got healthy and clean, he was one of the best players in the world again. Tiger can even hit driver again. And he’s Tiger Woods. There aren’t any players currently that are clearly better than Tiger. Why wouldn’t he have a shot at winning?

>

> Edit: those of you who think Tiger needs 4 great rounds to win a major don’t know your golf history well. How many times have we seen someone open a major with a 64 or 65, then see the winning score between -8 to -12? Rarely does someone put together 4 incredible rounds.

Serious, not at all facetious question. At what age will Tiger be before you declare it more likely he doesn't win another major? Say he gets blanked this year, will 44 be old enough for you to have doubts? Or will you still vote yes when this poll comes around in 2020? I think we all agree that age does affect golfers right? I mean, no one seriously believes Tiger will be competitive in majors in his 60s right? So really we're just having a disagreement not about Tiger, but about how much age diminishes a golfer's skill. The folks who voted yes seem to think age 43 might as well be 33 when it comes to Tiger winning a major and those of us who voted no see a lot of mileage on Tiger's chassis.

> @"Cool Runnings" said:

> “Nobody cares about the Ryder Cup”… Now I know you're joking. The two players below “care” more about out the Ryder Cup than even winning a major.

>

> Justin Thomas:

> “Justin Thomas was interviewed at the Tournament of Champions and told Golf Channel he would rather win the Ryder Cup than a major championship in 2016. He didn't even hesitate.”

>

> Francesco Molinari:

> “Molinari won this year's Open to claim his first major, but said Sunday's success was far more important. Asked what it meant to him, Molinari said: "So much, so much more than majors, more than anything.”

>

> > @Potatohead said:

> > > To the very top players winning a major is priceless. And I didn’t say “they weren’t trying”, you did. But surely you can understand the big difference between building your yearly schedule around being fresh, rested, focused and peaking for majors and the TC event which comes at the end of a long tough stretch of events and just 1 week prior to the biggest event of them all, the Ryder Cup?

> > >

> > > > @Potatohead said:

> > > > > You do realise the Masters has roughly double the number of the world best players compared to the 30 man TC event… not to mention the TC is at the end of an exhausting stretch at the very end of the season with many of those players having one eye on the Ryder Cup the following week. Majors however, is where all the world’s best players build their schedule to be fresh, focused and peaking in those 4 events, not mention how much more majors mean. Surely you see the big difference now?

> > > > >

> > > > > > > @cdnglf said:

> > > > > > > A game, A+ game, A++ game, B- game, O negative game... all just furious hand-waving.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I'm still laughing at the dude who thinks the Tour Championship isn't that different than the Masters.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The point wasn't that they are the same, the point is the Masters isn't the same as the other 3 majors. Its not a full field he has to beat. There are 87 players this week. They include 5 Ams, 9 Senior Tour past champions, and a handful of first time pros. There are literally 20 players in the field that actually have no chance to win.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I'm not even bothering to count how many of the remaining 67 have a history of struggling at Augusta National and pretty much can't win (guys like Martin Kaymer)

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The difference in beating the other 29 best players in the world and the other 66 is a major difference compared to a full field of 156 in the other majors when you have the top 100+ in the world at the PGA for example.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Don't make The Tour Championship out to be the Hero World Challenge. It's not. It's nowhere near it. It's miles from the Masters (As are any of the other non majors - Players included for that nonsense crowd) but it's a **** of a lot closer to the Masters than the World Challenge.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The field argument does not apply the same way to the Masters as it does to the other majors in comparison to the tour championship.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > FedEx Cup victory + TC victory = ~11.5 million dollars

> > > > Masters victory = a lot less than that

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > I find it hard to believe nobody at the TC is trying

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Nobody cares about the RC, they ain't getting paid to be there. They do it only because the wives think it's cool and they would be blasted in the media if they decided to opt out.

>

>

Sure, and Jack said his grandsons ace at the par 3 contest last year meant more than any of his majors.

..... And Tiger, the guy too old to win by you, was the only guy rested at the Tour Championship.

Why can't some just admit they don't know? No one knows who is going to win, nor do they know who is not going to win amongst the top 50 or so. No one was picking Jack in 86, or Fleck, or Moody, or Goalby or many other Major winners. And in golf it's really really easy to claim a particular player will not win any particular week and look smart. The best at his peak win less than a third of the time.

The so called facts some are spewing are opinions, just like everyone else's.

• Like 2

Titleist TSR4 9° Tensei AV White 65

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TSR3 24° Diamana Ahina

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

> @youdamantiger said:

> > @PowderedToastMan said:

> > The fact he hasn’t won a major in 11 years is meaningless to me. Those 11 years contained one of the biggest public scandals ever, 9 figure divorce, at least two different addiction recoveries, multiple surgeries. You don’t win majors going through all that. He had huge demons to deal with and golf took a back seat.

> >

> > He put that all behind him, and as soon as he got healthy and clean, he was one of the best players in the world again. Tiger can even hit driver again. And he’s Tiger Woods. There aren’t any players currently that are clearly better than Tiger. Why wouldn’t he have a shot at winning?

> >

> > Edit: those of you who think Tiger needs 4 great rounds to win a major don’t know your golf history well. How many times have we seen someone open a major with a 64 or 65, then see the winning score between -8 to -12? Rarely does someone put together 4 incredible rounds.

>

> Serious, not at all facetious question. At what age will Tiger be before you declare it more likely he doesn't win another major? Say he gets blanked this year, will 44 be old enough for you to have doubts? Or will you still vote yes when this poll comes around in 2020? I think we all agree that age does affect golfers right? I mean, no one seriously believes Tiger will be competitive in majors in his 60s right? So really we're just having a disagreement not about Tiger, but about how much age diminishes a golfer's skill. The folks who voted yes seem to think age 43 might as well be 33 when it comes to Tiger winning a major and those of us who voted no see a lot of mileage on Tiger's chassis.

>

>

I don’t care what age he is, because he’s playing major championship level golf. I’ll stop expecting him to win when he either:

A) doesn’t play good enough, or

B) is 48 or older.

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5 HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Green 60 TX 45.9" D3

Driver 2: Taylormade Burner Mini 11.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 X D5

Fairway: PXG 0311XF Gen 5 4 Wood; Smoke iM10 Green 70 TX D6

Irons: PXG 0317X; PXG 0311T Gen 5; 5-GW DG 105 X D7

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 56 S Grind;  Cleveland RTX Full Face 64 DG 120 X E0

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Raptor 38” Wristlock Grip

Perhaps, but you have to take them at their word, and they weren’t pressured to reveal those thoughts and to suggest they think anything else is pure speculation. When these type of level-headed players reveal something that’s really important to them, believe them.

And lets not forget winning The Open for Molinari was his #1 major as being European and watching / idolising the event as a kid. But even after winning The Open only a few months earlier Molinari still felt winning the RC was so much more important to him. You or others might not agree, but that’s how he feels.

But the point I was making was in reference to the ridiculous statement from Potatohead that “Nobody cares about the RC” and he said this in context / comparison to the Tour Championship event, which is even more ridiculous as it’s not based on anything factual whatsoever other than his personal bias.

> @agolf1 said:

> > “Nobody cares about the Ryder Cup”… Now I know you're joking. The two players below “care” more about out the Ryder Cup than even winning a major.

> >

> > Justin Thomas:

> > “Justin Thomas was interviewed at the Tournament of Champions and told Golf Channel he would rather win the Ryder Cup than a major championship in 2016. He didn't even hesitate.”

> >

> > Francesco Molinari:

> > “Molinari won this year's Open to claim his first major, but said Sunday's success was far more important. Asked what it meant to him, Molinari said: "So much, so much more than majors, more than anything.”

> >

> > > @Potatohead said:

> > > > To the very top players winning a major is priceless. And I didn’t say “they weren’t trying”, you did. But surely you can understand the big difference between building your yearly schedule around being fresh, rested, focused and peaking for majors and the TC event which comes at the end of a long tough stretch of events and just 1 week prior to the biggest event of them all, the Ryder Cup?

> > > >

> > > > > @Potatohead said:

> > > > > > @"Cool Runnings" said:

> > > > > > You do realise the Masters has roughly double the number of the world best players compared to the 30 man TC event… not to mention the TC is at the end of an exhausting stretch at the very end of the season with many of those players having one eye on the Ryder Cup the following week. Majors however, is where all the world’s best players build their schedule to be fresh, focused and peaking in those 4 events, not mention how much more majors mean. Surely you see the big difference now?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > @nosedive32 said:

> > > > > > > > @cdnglf said:

> > > > > > > > A game, A+ game, A++ game, B- game, O negative game... all just furious hand-waving.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I'm still laughing at the dude who thinks the Tour Championship isn't that different than the Masters.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > The point wasn't that they are the same, the point is the Masters isn't the same as the other 3 majors. Its not a full field he has to beat. There are 87 players this week. They include 5 Ams, 9 Senior Tour past champions, and a handful of first time pros. There are literally 20 players in the field that actually have no chance to win.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I'm not even bothering to count how many of the remaining 67 have a history of struggling at Augusta National and pretty much can't win (guys like Martin Kaymer)

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > The difference in beating the other 29 best players in the world and the other 66 is a major difference compared to a full field of 156 in the other majors when you have the top 100+ in the world at the PGA for example.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Don't make The Tour Championship out to be the Hero World Challenge. It's not. It's nowhere near it. It's miles from the Masters (As are any of the other non majors - Players included for that nonsense crowd) but it's a **** of a lot closer to the Masters than the World Challenge.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > The field argument does not apply the same way to the Masters as it does to the other majors in comparison to the tour championship.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > FedEx Cup victory + TC victory = ~11.5 million dollars

> > > > > Masters victory = a lot less than that

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I find it hard to believe nobody at the TC is trying

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Nobody cares about the RC, they ain't getting paid to be there. They do it only because the wives think it's cool and they would be blasted in the media if they decided to opt out.

> >

> >

>

> I know each of these guys said what they said, but I have to believe these comments were influenced by the exact timing and environment in which they were asked. Ask them again and I'd bet a lot they will give you a different answer. Heck, if one of them wins the Masters, ask them if they think the 2020 Ryder Cup is more important.

Blah blah blah... he's winning one right now. Pay attention.

• Like 1

Callaway XR16 SubZero Aldila Rogue I/O 70X
Callaway Apex Utility Wood 19* Fujikura Ventus TR Red 60
Callaway UT 18* KBS C-Taper X
Titleist 818 H2 21*
Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW KBS DG X100
Vokey SM7 52* F
Vokey SM7 58* D
Sizemore XB-1

With all due respect, “blah blah blah” is a typical response when someone can’t argue the facts or logic.

And while Tiger played well yesterday, he’s still 4 shots behind Bryson and the monster that is Brooks Koepka who we know can outplay Tiger coming down the stretch in a major. Tiger has his work cut out make no mistake about it.

> @3jacker said:

> Blah blah blah... he's winning one right now. Pay attention.

> > @nosedive32 said:

> > Also the argument that "well the 67 guys at the Masters care more than the 30 at the TC" just means that there's infinitely more pressure on all those guys without a major at the Masters where Tiger has 14 majors and 4 Green Jackets. No matter how much pressure is on TW to win #15 its nothing like some guy ranked 34th in the world with 2 tour wins trying to win #1

>

> I actually think the pressure is greater on Tiger. Much greater. He’s playing for history, it’s obviously big for everyone, but outside of maybe Rory, it’s bigger by far for Tiger than anyone else. At least in my view.

>

And i think TW is more mentally able to handle the pressure vs the rest of the field.

TM M3 440 9" Degree / 661 111 in X spec Speeder Shaft
TM M3 15 Fairway / 757 Speeder Shaft S Spec
Ping G25 17deg Hybrid Accra Shaft X Spec
Mizuno MP18 Blades Modus 3 Tours 3-PW - S Flex
Titleist SM 6 50, 54 & 58
Scotty Cameron Circle T Tour only