Taylormade Tensei Orange vs CK Standard / Pro vs Atoms TS Anyone?

s1ten

Just curious if anyone has experience with the TM Tensei Orange compared to the Pro and non Pro? My shaft of choice has been Fuji Motore VC 6.3 TS in my last 2 driver heads (2016 M1 and M3). I'm currently testing a M5 with the made for TM Orange shaft and its feels and has performed well enough to make me think...I was leaning towards a Fuji Atoms that I have been impressed with in my 3w and thought it would eventually work its way into my driver shaft but, now I'm not so sure. Any input would be appreciated.

TM M5 460 10.5* Set @ 9* - Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6S 45"
TM M3 HL 17* - Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 7S 42.5"
Titleist 816H2 21* - Fuji Motore Speeder HB 8.8 Tour Spec S
Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 4 iron, 919 Tour 5-PW Nippon Modus 120 S
Titleist Vokey SM4 50*, TM High Toe 54*, 60*
TM TP Red Ardmore 3 

anyone on this

m6 9 degree , tensai pro orange 70s , and epic flash sub zero rogue 60x
m4 3 wd, 15 degree rogue 125 msi 60 tour x  and epic flash sub zero hzrdus 70x,
818 h2 hybrid 19 degree ,tour spec blue 85s
taylor p790 17 degree
taylormade p760 3-pw
vokey 50--56--60
taylormade spider tour dj version and cleveland huntington beach number 1
epic green staff bag or taylormade flex lite 

I can’t comment on the orange, but I have the Blue Tensei pro vs Blue Tensei vs TS atoms blue.

For me the Tensei blue pro edged out the atmos blue, because I hit more fairways with it. Distance was about the same and the feel is a little better for me.

Hope this helps.

Callaway Epic 10*, Atmos blue shaft
Titleist 917 13.5*, 16.5*
Titleist 918 AP3 4-GW
Vokey sm7 52 f grind , sm7 58 m grind
Scotty Cameron Newport Tei3, 1998
JuJu custom head covers

Just had the G410+ with what I assume to be the "real deal" Tensei CK Orange next to my M6 with a made for Tensei CK Orange, one thing I noticed was that it seems like the Dupond Kevlar goes higher up to the grip on the TM version, I found that a bit odd.. Also what was surprising was that the butt (below the grip) felt a bit thicker on the TM version.

Ping Tensei Orange was 126gr with grip and adapter @ 45,5" and TM was 128gr but maybe a 0,25" longer. Both where 60X.

I did notice it was very easy to find the sweet spot of G410+ after getting used to the feel of the shaft, it's a good shaft!

Ping G425 MAX 12° Fujikura Motore X F3 6S / Taylormade M4 16,5° Tensei CK Orange 70 / Ping G410 Crossover 23° Hzrdus Smoke 90 6.0

Ping iBlade 4-PW Modus3 105S / Cleveland RTX2.0 50° DG TI S400 / Ping Glide3.0 56° DG TI S400 / Ping Glide Forged 60° DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 12,5 33,5" Stability Tour / Taylormade Tour Response

thanks

m6 9 degree , tensai pro orange 70s , and epic flash sub zero rogue 60x
m4 3 wd, 15 degree rogue 125 msi 60 tour x  and epic flash sub zero hzrdus 70x,
818 h2 hybrid 19 degree ,tour spec blue 85s
taylor p790 17 degree
taylormade p760 3-pw
vokey 50--56--60
taylormade spider tour dj version and cleveland huntington beach number 1
epic green staff bag or taylormade flex lite 

Thanks... on course when I felt I tugged it a bit the ball didn't move left as much as with my previous set-up (M3 w/ Fuji Motore Speeder VC 6.3 Tour Spec) which I liked. I'm not sure if that's the head, shaft or a combination of the two. TM Orange feels a bit softer than the VC 6.3....so even more surprising it didn't turn over as easily when stepped on or bad swings.

TM TP Red Ardmore 3 

> @Hedgehog said:

> Just had the G410+ with what I assume to be the "real deal" Tensei CK Orange next to my M6 with a made for Tensei CK Orange, one thing I noticed was that it seems like the Dupond Kevlar goes higher up to the grip on the TM version, I found that a bit odd.. Also what was surprising was that the butt (below the grip) felt a bit thicker on the TM version.

>

> Ping Tensei Orange was 126gr with grip and adapter @ 45,5" and TM was 128gr but maybe a 0,25" longer. Both where 60X.

>

> I did notice it was very easy to find the sweet spot of G410+ after getting used to the feel of the shaft, it's a good shaft!

What was your impressions on how each of the different shafts performed, or could you tell?

I just bought a used Tensei Orange 60R pulled from a Ping 410+ driver and although it looks closer to the pro than the TM version, I am still under the impression that it is "made for" model and not a true "pro". I've only seen pictures, but the TM is gray below the Orange band and the Ping is all black. I think the pro shows the carbon going all the way up under the grip similar to how you are describing the TM.

I just don't see how they could offer a shaft that retails for over $400 in a driver for $499.

Another thing that confuses me is the info on the ping site for the TO. They list the Orange as a high launch in reg flex, mid-high in stiff, and mid in X. I always thought of this shaft as being a lower launching (per MCA website). Doesn't make sense that they would completely change profiles and still be able to call them both "orange".

Just put a cobra adapter on it and going to hit it in my F9 this weekend and will report back my findings.

The ping Tensei Orange is a real Tensei Orange. It's not the Tensei pro orange. The Tensei orange is vastly different shaft than the Tensei pro orange. The regular tensei orange is a mid-high launching and spinning shaft, with a softer tip. The pro orange is a mid-low launching shaft with a stiff tip and is very low spin. Both are counterbalanced, though. The MCA website has details on both.

Callaway Epic Max LS 9* VA Comp Nemesys 65X
Cobra King RS Big Tour 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 70 6.0
Callaway UW 19* Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 70 6.0
Callaway Apex Pro 4h Hzrdus Smoke Black 80h 6.0

Callaway Apex 21 5-AW DG 120 Tour Issue S400
Callaway Jaws 52* DG 115 Tour issue S200

Cobra King Black 58* Nippon Modus Wedge 115
Scotty Cameron Phantom X 12 Custom 34.5”

> @"Hookasaurus Rex" said:

> The ping Tensei Orange is a real Tensei Orange. It's not the Tensei pro orange. The Tensei orange is vastly different shaft than the Tensei pro orange. The regular tensei orange is a mid-high launching and spinning shaft, with a softer tip. The pro orange is a mid-low launching shaft with a stiff tip and is very low spin. Both are counterbalanced, though. The MCA website has details on both.

Thanks for the info. Will check it out

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I rented a few shafts from Shaft Shack and had a chance to try Both Tensei Orange Pro, Orange 60 Stiff TM version, Atmos Black 6s TS and Tour Ad IZ in Stiff and X. I actually enjoyed them all....different feeling shafts and I feel I could game any of them. Atoms Black gave me really good dispersion and felt the firmest, it also felt a bit heavier than the rest. Both IZ shafts had the best feel, there wasn't a big difference between stiff and X flex in feel and or dispersion. TO shafts were the softest, I could feel the shaft load the most and I hit a more noticeable draw with both. The Pro version felt better but, not by the big margin expected. I also didn't see a dramatic difference in performance between the two. There was no clear winner on ball speed/distance...on average the Atmos launched lower and with less spin. On the course the CK pro and ADI IZ both performed outstanding! Surprisingly, if I were to put one in the bag it would be the IZ.

TM TP Red Ardmore 3 

> @Hedgehog said:

> Just had the G410+ with what I assume to be the "real deal" Tensei CK Orange next to my M6 with a made for Tensei CK Orange, one thing I noticed was that it seems like the Dupond Kevlar goes higher up to the grip on the TM version, I found that a bit odd.. Also what was surprising was that the butt (below the grip) felt a bit thicker on the TM version.

>

> Ping Tensei Orange was 126gr with grip and adapter @ 45,5" and TM was 128gr but maybe a 0,25" longer. Both where 60X.

>

> I did notice it was very easy to find the sweet spot of G410+ after getting used to the feel of the shaft, it's a good shaft!

> @stoneydukes said:

> > @Hedgehog said:

> > Just had the G410+ with what I assume to be the "real deal" Tensei CK Orange next to my M6 with a made for Tensei CK Orange, one thing I noticed was that it seems like the Dupond Kevlar goes higher up to the grip on the TM version, I found that a bit odd.. Also what was surprising was that the butt (below the grip) felt a bit thicker on the TM version.

> >

> > Ping Tensei Orange was 126gr with grip and adapter @ 45,5" and TM was 128gr but maybe a 0,25" longer. Both where 60X.

> >

> > I did notice it was very easy to find the sweet spot of G410+ after getting used to the feel of the shaft, it's a good shaft!

>

> What was your impressions on how each of the different shafts performed, or could you tell?

> I just bought a used Tensei Orange 60R pulled from a Ping 410+ driver and although it looks closer to the pro than the TM version, I am still under the impression that it is "made for" model and not a true "pro". I've only seen pictures, but the TM is gray below the Orange band and the Ping is all black. I think the pro shows the carbon going all the way up under the grip similar to how you are describing the TM.

> I just don't see how they could offer a shaft that retails for over $400 in a driver for $499.

> Another thing that confuses me is the info on the ping site for the TO. They list the Orange as a high launch in reg flex, mid-high in stiff, and mid in X. I always thought of this shaft as being a lower launching (per MCA website). Doesn't make sense that they would completely change profiles and still be able to call them both "orange".

> Just put a cobra adapter on it and going to hit it in my F9 this weekend and will report back my findings.

>

I have a G410+ with the Tensei CK Orange 60S shaft and the M5, both in D3, with the same shaft but with the different color way. In my mind, they are both real deal shafts but not the "pro" version that we all know is more tip stiff with lower launch and spin. I am a low spin player swinging at 105 +/- range on average, and the standard CK gave me a better launch window and about 200-400 more spin putting giving me the flight and distance I was looking for. Despite coming from different companies, each of my tensei orange shafts have the same feel/load/flight characteristics. The M5 with "their" tensei orange shaft also seemed to play similarly to the Ping 410, just liked the dispersion and non-twisty face better in the Ping.

I just don't see this as a better or worse proposition, just what works better in the fit. Also, the MCA website is pretty clear on the specs. Fuji has done this tour vs. non-tour spec thing forever...

BTW, the Ping G410+ with the tensei orange shaft is AWESOME, long and so forgiving...

I have the Tensei Orange 60 stiff in my Ping G410. It is definitely mid-high launch, it spins lower than some shafts that launch at that height. I love the feel of the shaft and love the height. I am a 105ish swing speed and normally a lower spin. The Orange gets the ball up in the air for me and gets my spin numbers where I want them. The performance and feel of the Tensei Orange is very similar to the Aldila Rogue Max and Rogue Black shafts in my mind.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

> @paztormike said:

> I have the Tensei Orange 60 stiff in my Ping G410. It is definitely mid-high launch, it spins lower than some shafts that launch at that height. I love the feel of the shaft and love the height. I am a 105ish swing speed and normally a lower spin. The Orange gets the ball up in the air for me and gets my spin numbers where I want them. The performance and feel of the Tensei Orange is very similar to the Aldila Rogue Max and Rogue Black shafts in my mind.

>

>

At 105-ish mph, do you play a stiff or an X stiff?

I've got a G410 LST on backorder that I was fit into the no-upcharge tensei ck orange that Ping offers. I hit it about as low as anyone should hit a driver, so I think it's a winner for me. Are the materials substantially different? Will I really miss having the real deal pro version? I couldn't have hit the 410 lst combo with this any better at the end of the day so I really don't care. I'm just curious

Titleist TSi3 - AD XC 6X

Ping G425 - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 85 X

Srixon ZX 2i - AD DI 9X

Titleist T200 6i - 4i - Modus 120X

Titleist T100S PW - 7i - Modus 120X

Cleveland RTX 4 - Dynamic Gold S400

Ping Anser 2

ProV1X

> @VGVG said:

> > @paztormike said:

> > I have the Tensei Orange 60 stiff in my Ping G410. It is definitely mid-high launch, it spins lower than some shafts that launch at that height. I love the feel of the shaft and love the height. I am a 105ish swing speed and normally a lower spin. The Orange gets the ball up in the air for me and gets my spin numbers where I want them. The performance and feel of the Tensei Orange is very similar to the Aldila Rogue Max and Rogue Black shafts in my mind.

> >

> >

>

> At 105-ish mph, do you play a stiff or an X stiff?

>

^it says stiff...

Ping G410 10.5* Tour 65
Callaway XR 16 17* Kai'li 70
Titleist 816 H1 19* Motore Speeder 8.8
Titleist 818 H1 22* Fujikura Atmos TS Blue 8
Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 5-PW Modus 105
Ping Glide 3.0 50* Modus 105
Vokey SM6 56*-14 & Wedgeworks K 60*-06
Cameron T22 Newport II 34" or Studio Style Newport 2 34"

• 2 months later...

I m using Tensei Orange CK 60S Pro weight 64 gram with TM M6 9º, swing speed ard 110 - 115 mph, I have not compare with the standard orange. But comparing with other shaft like speeder etc, with the firmer tip O Pro has a better feel at impact. Good penetrating ball flight, carry average 240++. Love the counter balance the shaft characteristic, driver swing weight with the shaft is C9.

I would think that if the 110-115 setting speed is correct the 240-ish carry is mighty short. Might be too low spin for you.

Callaway Epic Speed 9* Fujikura Platinum Speeder 4S

Titleist TS3 strong 3 wood 13.5* PX Hzrdus. Smoke 75s

Titleist 818H2 19* hybrid Tensei Blue

Titleist TS3 23* Tensei Blue

New Level PF-2 5-PW DG105 S300

Taylormade MG2 50* DG S300

Callaway Jaws MD5 56* & 60* DGS200

Scotty Cameron Newport Special Select 34” with flow neck by LaMont

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know if the Tenesi Orange in that comes in TaylorMade is real and just painted differently or is it tweaked for TaylorMade?

Taylormade M5 w/ Tenesi Orange 60x 
Taylormade M5 3w/5w w/ Tenesi Orange 70x   
Callaway Apex Pro Combo PX 6.0
Vokey SM7 50, 54, 60
Scotty Cameron Newport 2
Titleist Pro-V1x