Central Oregon Golf

haakzilla

> @Manbearpig13 said:

> Cool site man! I am headed there in about 10 days to play some golf and couldn't be more excited. Crosswater, Tetherow, Pronghorn, and Juniper are on the docket and I will look forward to finding out some more info about what to expect on your site.

>

> Great project!

Awesome! Just in time for some good weather hopefully -- we just had the hottest day of the year to date today was nearly 80 degrees mostly sunny and dry with very little wind :) Looks like you've picked some good courses, let me know if you want recommendations beyond those 4

> @haakzilla said:

> > @Manbearpig13 said:

> > Cool site man! I am headed there in about 10 days to play some golf and couldn't be more excited. Crosswater, Tetherow, Pronghorn, and Juniper are on the docket and I will look forward to finding out some more info about what to expect on your site.

> >

> > Great project!

>

> Awesome! Just in time for some good weather hopefully -- we just had the hottest day of the year to date today was nearly 80 degrees mostly sunny and dry with very little wind :) Looks like you've picked some good courses, let me know if you want recommendations beyond those 4

Will do man, hopefully will have time for another round or 2 other than the ones I mentioned.

Nice site! I'm doing research for a Bandon / Bend small group golf trip. We would play four Bandon courses and then drive to Bend and play three in that area.

My initial thinking is to play these three;

Sunriver Crosswater

Tetherow

Pronghorn (probably Fazio since I have played the Nicklaus course)

What do you suggest?

Nice site. I'll offer one suggestion: don't have the weather pop-up on every page load. If I've turned it off, then I don't want to see it again. It's kind of annoying to keep having to close it, given the screen real estate it takes up on a small screen.

I love the map feature. Good work!

"take that, you miserable little white swine!"

> @Roadking2003 said:

> Nice site! I'm doing research for a Bandon / Bend small group golf trip. We would play four Bandon courses and then drive to Bend and play three in that area.

> My initial thinking is to play these three;

> Sunriver Crosswater

> Tetherow

> Pronghorn (probably Fazio since I have played the Nicklaus course)

> What do you suggest?

Thank you! I'm fairly certain the Fazio course is exclusively private and you might not be able to play it -- in which case, check out Brasada >> https://centraloregon.golf/listings/brasada-canyons-golf-course/

> @spud3 said:

> Nice site. I'll offer one suggestion: don't have the weather pop-up on every page load. If I've turned it off, then I don't want to see it again. It's kind of annoying to keep having to close it, given the screen real estate it takes up on a small screen.

>

> I love the map feature. Good work!

Great feedback, should be able to do this today :) cheers!

UPDATE: fixed! Thanks again

> @Roadking2003 said:

> Nice site! I'm doing research for a Bandon / Bend small group golf trip. We would play four Bandon courses and then drive to Bend and play three in that area.

> My initial thinking is to play these three;

> Sunriver Crosswater

> Tetherow

> Pronghorn (probably Fazio since I have played the Nicklaus course)

> What do you suggest?

You can get on Fazio if you are a member at a club and have the pro call and/or are willing to pay $300. I would recommend Sunrivers Stay and Play, that will get you in Crosswater (technically private unless a resort guest).

> @Manbearpig13 said:

> Cool site man! I am headed there in about 10 days to play some golf and couldn't be more excited. Crosswater, Tetherow, Pronghorn, and Juniper are on the docket and I will look forward to finding out some more info about what to expect on your site.

>

> Great project!

Juniper is kind of Pronghorn lite, a fun course but nothing too special as they have let the conditions slip over the years. If you want a cheaper round Quail Run just south of Sunriver can be really fun. Very interesting layout and the new Super is trying really hard.

> @mallrat said:

> > @Roadking2003 said:

> > Nice site! I'm doing research for a Bandon / Bend small group golf trip. We would play four Bandon courses and then drive to Bend and play three in that area.

> > My initial thinking is to play these three;

> > Sunriver Crosswater

> > Tetherow

> > Pronghorn (probably Fazio since I have played the Nicklaus course)

> > What do you suggest?

>

> You can get on Fazio if you are a member at a club and have the pro call and/or are willing to pay $300. I would recommend Sunrivers Stay and Play, that will get you in Crosswater (technically private unless a resort guest).

>

>

I looked at Sunriver. They have some nice rental houses.

> @haakzilla said:

> > @zzyzxx33 said:

> > Nice job on the website. I live on the North end of Bend. We all need to get together and play sometime. Juniper is $20 with cart after 5pm for as many holes as you can get in on weekdays.

>

> ...meet you there in 45mins?!?!?!

Would if I could! One boy has baseball practice! I'll let you know the next time I'm heading out! Most likely Monday or Tuesday.

> @mallrat said:

> > @Roadking2003 said:

> > Nice site! I'm doing research for a Bandon / Bend small group golf trip. We would play four Bandon courses and then drive to Bend and play three in that area.

> > My initial thinking is to play these three;

> > Sunriver Crosswater

> > Tetherow

> > Pronghorn (probably Fazio since I have played the Nicklaus course)

> > What do you suggest?

>

> You can get on Fazio if you are a member at a club and have the pro call and/or are willing to pay $300. I would recommend Sunrivers Stay and Play, that will get you in Crosswater (technically private unless a resort guest).

>

>

Does the Fazio course offer any play to Pronghorn Resort guests? I noticed when making our tee times for the Nicklaus course that you could search tee times for the Fazio as well, but didn't see any available for any days that I looked...

Never heard of Quail Run before but just checked out their website and it looks awesome! Might have to find some time to play it in the afternoon.

> @Manbearpig13 said:

>

> Never heard of Quail Run before but just checked out their website and it looks awesome! Might have to find some time to play it in the afternoon.

>

Quail Run is a sweet course for sure -- if you do the Stay-n-Play at Sunriver as suggested you guys will be able to play unlimited golf at the other three courses at Sunriver Woodlands, Meadows, and Caldera Springs the new par-3 (assuming all of the courses are open by the time you visit // Woodlands won't be open until May 17th but everything else is open for the season as of today)

Most resort guests can get on Fazio. Play Nick first and after your round go in and ask about Fazio the next day, there are ALWAYS tee times available. They average about 20-25 rounds per day, that’s not tee times, that is total people on the course per day.

Sunriver will be interesting, I believe the May stay and play is $129 which is a great deal. That said I heard today that Woodlands lost over 200 trees and possible up to 80% of their grass due to the winter storms including a couple greens.

> @mallrat said:

> Most resort guests can get on Fazio. Play Nick first and after your round go in and ask about Fazio the next day, there are ALWAYS tee times available. They average about 20-25 rounds per day, that’s not tee times, that is total people on the course per day.

>

> Sunriver will be interesting, I believe the May stay and play is $129 which is a great deal. That said I heard today that Woodlands lost over 200 trees and possible up to 80% of their grass due to the winter storms including a couple greens.

...good intel, that would explain why they aren't opening until May 17th at the earliest -- this past winter was pretty extreme!

> @mallrat said:

> Most resort guests can get on Fazio. Play Nick first and after your round go in and ask about Fazio the next day, there are ALWAYS tee times available. They average about 20-25 rounds per day, that’s not tee times, that is total people on the course per day.

>

> Sunriver will be interesting, I believe the May stay and play is $129 which is a great deal. That said I heard today that Woodlands lost over 200 trees and possible up to 80% of their grass due to the winter storms including a couple greens.

That's too bad. Woodlands redid their greens three or four years ago. I played there right after they redid them and they were terrific. I still haven't played Crosswater. Gotta get that one check off of my list.

> @mallrat said:

> > @Manbearpig13 said:

> > Cool site man! I am headed there in about 10 days to play some golf and couldn't be more excited. Crosswater, Tetherow, Pronghorn, and Juniper are on the docket and I will look forward to finding out some more info about what to expect on your site.

> >

> > Great project!

>

>

> Juniper is kind of Pronghorn lite, a fun course but nothing too special as they have let the conditions slip over the years. If you want a cheaper round Quail Run just south of Sunriver can be really fun. Very interesting layout and the new Super is trying really hard.

Totally agree about Juniper. I was a member there last year, but went to Eagle Crest for this year, largely due to poor conditions at Juniper. The greens never really got rolling well.

I liked Quail Run too! Greens were excellent last time I played there, which was in September.

> @mallrat said:

> Quail hired a new Super at the beginning of last year. He doesn’t have a ton to work with and a small budget but has that course moving in the right direction.

>

> I work with Juniper’s Old Super and he left because they refused to put any $ back into the course. He was a really good one too

Bummer about Juniper. I’m guessing that has something to do with the article published in the Bend Bulliten recently, which talked about how much debt the city of Redmond is in from purchasing and building Juniper. Apparently they will not be out of debt until 2023.

The course is always PACKED (another reason I didn’t renew membership) so they’re definitely generating revenue. Too bad they don’t put some of that $$ back into the course. They probably would have kept my business if they did.

Between Widgi and Aspen is a difficult choice but depends on what you’re looking for. Aspen is a MUCH stiffer test of golf but Widgi is a more relaxed and possibly more fun round of golf. If you are heading back to the valley I would do Aspen. The only downfall to Aspen, IMO, is I play with my old back up wedges because those crushed lava rock sand traps will chew them up.