Jump to content

Juniors playing longer courses in tournaments


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maybe you have the wrong idea of what average is.    

> @darter79 said: > You are so delusional on just about everything you post.   DAyum!!!!! :#

> @tiger1873 said:

> Started to play in longer tournaments for girls 5700-6000+ yards with girls up to 18. It's a very interesting dynamic when looking at how average girls actually play from those yards.

>

>

That’s great. How was the field? Where was this? May seem average bc the field was weaker? Plenty of competitive tournaments at those yardages if you seek it/can get in. Did your daughter do well?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @tiger1873 said:

> Started to play in longer tournaments for girls 5700-6000+ yards with girls up to 18. It's a very interesting dynamic when looking at how average girls actually play from those yards.

>

>

I am curious what dynamic you are talking about?

 

And what is is average.

 

No hate here but trying to understand your statement

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @kcap said:

> > @tiger1873 said:

> > Started to play in longer tournaments for girls 5700-6000+ yards with girls up to 18. It's a very interesting dynamic when looking at how average girls actually play from those yards.

> >

> >

> I am curious what dynamic you are talking about?

>

> And what is is average.

>

> No hate here but trying to understand your statement

>

When playing in the older groups and longer courses the girls scores are not as low as you think.

 

The better girls score well but that group is a lot smaller then you would believe to to be watching the younger players at 11-12. At 5000 yards you get away with bad drives or iron shots at above 6000 you simply don’t A lot girls simply don’t have the ability to driver or hit irons well and that shows up big time on longer courses. 1000 yards is a huge difference.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand what you are saying. Same thing happens to boys. We have seen boys that regularly shoot low scores in 6500 yards games struggle in AJGA Open caliber events which play at 6900+ yards. I think driving distance matters and is required for juniors of 14 and older to advance to next level.

 

> @tiger1873 said:

> > @kcap said:

> > > @tiger1873 said:

> > > Started to play in longer tournaments for girls 5700-6000+ yards with girls up to 18. It's a very interesting dynamic when looking at how average girls actually play from those yards.

> > >

> > >

> > I am curious what dynamic you are talking about?

> >

> > And what is is average.

> >

> > No hate here but trying to understand your statement

> >

> When playing in the older groups and longer courses the girls scores are not as low as you think.

>

> The better girls score well but that group is a lot smaller then you would believe to to be watching the younger players at 11-12. At 5000 yards you get away with bad drives or iron shots at above 6000 you simply don’t A lot girls simply don’t have the ability to driver or hit irons well and that shows up big time on longer courses. 1000 yards is a huge difference.

>

>

>

>

>

>

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

> @golfer55082 said:

> I understand what you are saying. Same thing happens to boys. We have seen boys that regularly shoot low scores in 6500 yards games struggle in AJGA Open caliber events which play at 6900+ yards. I think driving distance matters and is required for juniors of 14 and older to advance to next level.

>

Agreed! Its like an magic distance. Kids can shot low for certain distances. Prehaps its driver and mid to long iron accuracy over the course of 18 or 36 holes.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Our picks

    • 2021 American Express WITB & Equipment Photos- Links and comments
      We are back on the ground at the American Express PGA event.
       
      Here are links to all the galleries:
       
      Cameron putters - 2021 American Express
      PXG Gen 4 prototype drivers - new putters
      UST Maymiya LinQ shafts - American Express 2021
      Mitsubishi Kaili & MMT shafts - American Express 2021
      Titleist TSi 2 & TSi 3 hybrids - American Express 2021
      TaylorMade putter cover for Palm Springs/Palm Desert - American Express
      New Aldila Synergy, Ascent & prototype shafts - American Express 2021
      Callaway Apex Pro iron, Epic Driver and fairway, Apex iron & hybrid - American Express 2021
      New Perfect Practice training aids - American Express 2021
      New KBS prototype shafts - American Express 2021
       
        • Like
      • 4 replies
    • Kevin Na WITB: 2021 Sony Open Winner (pics and specs)
      Kevin Na's What's In The Bag?
       
      Specs are on the front-page as well-
      https://www.golfwrx.com/645178/kevin-nas-winning-witb-2021-sony-open/
       
      Driver- Callaway GBB Epic (9 degrees) Graphite Design Tour AD GP 6 TX
      3w- Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero (13.5 degrees) Mitsubishi Diamana RF 70 TX
      5w- Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero (18 degrees) Mitsubishi Diamana RF 80 TX
      Hybrid- PXG 0317 X Gen 2 (19 degrees) Graphite Design Tour AD DI 95X
      Irons- Callaway Rogue Pro (4), Callaway Apex Pro 16 (5-PW) True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
      Wedges- Callaway Mack Daddy 4 (54), Vokey Design prototype (’18) (60-06K ) True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
      Putter- Odyssey Toulon Madison
      Grips- Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus4
      Ball- Titleist Pro V1x
       

       
        • Like
      • 32 replies
    • SIM up close
      Here some pictures up close of the SIM only for now.  
       
      Wk
        • Thanks
        • Like
      • 154 replies
    • 2021 EQUIPMENT LAUNCHES (Running thread of all our launch pieces)
      A continually updated table of contents of our front page 2021 equipment launch stories for your reading pleasure. 
       

      Callaway
      Apex irons, Apex Pro irons, Apex DCB irons Apex hybrids, Apex Pro hybrids  
      Mizuno 
      MCraft putters
      Ping
      G425 driver G425 fairway woods, hybrids and crossover G425 irons
       
      PXG 
      PXG 0211 series
        • Thanks
        • Like
      • 44 replies
    • JT with a Ventus in the Tsi3?
      https://www.instagram.com/p/CJo-yEVDcyC/?igshid=1llg9lvv71oco
      • 209 replies

×
×
  • Create New...