Wishon Shaft Profiling Software - update

Received the following from Diamond regarding Tom Wishon's Shaft Profiling Software. I asked about an update on the progress:

Sent: Tuesday, April 16, 2019 4:19 AM

To: 'Randy LaFoone' <>

Subject: Shaft Profiling Software

Good morning Randy

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately we don’t have any further update on this to advise.

With Kind Regards

Alison Trapp

Email. [email protected]

I think if might be dead. If that is the case, would there be an interest of a separate forum for those of us with a frequency machine to post data regarding zone profile data for members to access?

Randy

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's dead. Tom did come on here sometime last year and offered a glimmer of hope that it would continue but Diamond golf doesn't even want to act like it exists. Really disappointed at losing this t

Hi Group, in additional correspondence with Tom, regarding emails - only use the above email address for input regarding the software. He mentioned also, that this would probably be a web-based platf

Tom has confirmed with me he'll be working on the new program as well. His "semi retirement" is basically him working on what he wants to without all the stuff surrounding running a company.

Kind of felt it might go that way. Seems like it could be a full time job just trying to acquire shafts, much less test.

BTW, if you care enough, you might want to remove your personal email addy from your post. There are internet bots out there that will scan for that stuff for the purpose of spamming.

TM M3 440 w/ Speeder Evo II 6.1 TS
TM M5 14* Rocket w/ Tour AD YS7+  
Taylormade P790 2 UDI w/ DG 105R or M3 19* 5W w/ BB S+ 70
4-PW Nike VR Pro MBs w/ DG AMT White R300
Kyoei 52/58 Personal Grinds w/ DG S400s
Odyssey MXM 1W

Quietly testing:

Titleist TS3 19* hybrid w/ ProjectX Evenflow Blue 6.0

Titleist TS3 23* hybrid w/ Aldila RIP 85S

> @Golfrnut said:

> Kind of felt it might go that way. Seems like it could be a full time job just trying to acquire shafts, much less test.

>

> BTW, if you care enough, you might want to remove your personal email addy from your post. There are internet bots out there that will scan for that stuff for the purpose of spamming.

Done - thanks buddy ...

> @Clafoone said:

> > @Golfrnut said:

> > Kind of felt it might go that way. Seems like it could be a full time job just trying to acquire shafts, much less test.

> >

> > BTW, if you care enough, you might want to remove your personal email addy from your post. There are internet bots out there that will scan for that stuff for the purpose of spamming.

>

> Done - thanks buddy ...

You might want to also remove the email address of Alison Trapp @ Diamondgolf in your original post as well.

> @cxx said:

> It would be nice to have the old data. Would it be OK to export to a comma delimited file available to the site? It does seem to be abandoned. It would also be nice to be have a way to add new data.

Even if abandoned, I would think it's still proprietary...which means it still belongs to Tom or whomever he granted the rights to. If it were to be released as freeware, it would have to be from him. He has always publically shared his data to those that have asked, but not sure he would be crazy about dumping the whole database of data out there though. I am in no way trying to speak for him though.

TM M3 440 w/ Speeder Evo II 6.1 TS
TM M5 14* Rocket w/ Tour AD YS7+  
Taylormade P790 2 UDI w/ DG 105R or M3 19* 5W w/ BB S+ 70
4-PW Nike VR Pro MBs w/ DG AMT White R300
Kyoei 52/58 Personal Grinds w/ DG S400s
Odyssey MXM 1W

Quietly testing:

Titleist TS3 19* hybrid w/ ProjectX Evenflow Blue 6.0

Titleist TS3 23* hybrid w/ Aldila RIP 85S

The information this provided about shafts was extremely helpful in making shaft choices. I wish the database was made available, even for purchase. I seem to remember from the Wishon forum that at one point there was a member who was offering that service.

It matters not what others call you, but what you answer to.

beer-goggles-on-glass-of-beer.jpg.c3e909aed71161ad053a32287bd7c3ed.jpg
Wishon 919THI  9* S2S Black 65 S
Wishon 929HS  14* S2S Black S

Wishon 525F/D  13* S2S Black 65 S
Wishon 775HS   21* S2S Black Hybrids S
Wishon 575MMC 4-AW S2S Superlight Steel S
PING Glide 3.0  54*SS

PXG 0311 Forged 60*
PING Anser3 Swan neck MgBr putter

Golf Pig - I agree, that those who would post, would need to follow outlined in the help file. That's the only way it would be useful and consistent. Definitely don't want to get into a situation where someone starts to gripe about 776 cpm at 11 inches vice 790 cpm. I did note in the original database, that there appeared to be several contributors.

When I get a chance I'll try and reach out to those that run this, how to go about setting up a forum.

> @Clafoone said:

> Golf Pig - I agree, that those who would post, would need to follow outlined in the help file. That's the only way it would be useful and consistent. Definitely don't want to get into a situation where someone starts to gripe about 776 cpm at 11 inches vice 790 cpm. I did note in the original database, that there appeared to be several contributors.

> When I get a chance I'll try and reach out to those that run this, how to go about setting up a forum.

Has anyone been in contact with Tom Wishon or Diamond about this app lately?

---setting up a forum?...whats the plans?

There have been several threads on this topic previously and in one them Tom chimed in to say something to the effect that he would like to continue but it's getting hard to get his hands on the shafts plus (I think) there is some issue related to updating the software program itself. I for one would like to see an update but I wouldn't count on it.

Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver 60S
Cobra (Lexi blue) F7 5 wood w/Aldila Rogue Black 70S
Cobra (Lexi blue) F7 Hybrid w/Aldila Kuro Kage 80S
Ping G410 irons w/Recoil 95S
Ping Glide 55/60 wedges w/Recoil 110S
Ping Anser/Arna putter - the "real deal!"

It's dead. Tom did come on here sometime last year and offered a glimmer of hope that it would continue but Diamond golf doesn't even want to act like it exists. Really disappointed at losing this tool. I guess it's still functional for older stuff but people don't care about finding a shaft that's 10 years old.

To be honest it sort of feels like Wishon golf is dying a slow death also. They haven't had any major product updates in quite some time. They were supposed to release a new smaller sized players driver but it got delayed and didn't even make the catalog print. Speaking of catalogs, I still haven't seen one for this year.

• Like 2

Keep the faith, the driver will show up this summer, and cool things for 2020.

Fitter
All Wishon, all the time:
519SHPR 11* Black Driver, Red Shaft - S
919F/D, Red Shaft
EQ1-NX 4 wood Red S-FLex
929 Fwy 5, Red Shaft
595 #3 Driving Iron Red hybrid S Flex
575MMC 6-GW Wishon Smooth Steel - S (B bag)
EQ1-NX 4 hybrid, Black hybrid Shaft
5-SW EQ1-NX S300's (A bag))
PCF Micro Tour Platinum 58*
S2R #5 putter Single Bend Shaft
Mid-firm urethane balls - too many to list

Know so.

Fitter
919F/D, Red Shaft
EQ1-NX 4 wood Red S-FLex
929 Fwy 5, Red Shaft

I think the shaft software had to be picked up by somebody and our only hope was with Diamond Golf.

Tom didn't want to keep measuring shafts and the shaft companies started not cooperating.

A few years back I had sent Tom shafts and he would measure them and send me the data.

But with his retirement, I'm sure he is doing less of this kind of thing, and deservedly so!

It's too bad this wasn't picked up by someone.

I have purchased a lot of shafts over the years, which I'd like to have measured or would have liked to learn the technique to measure properly (also would have to invest in the equipment).

TEE EXS 220 10.5* - Testing continues - Accra TZ6 55M4 at 44.5”
TEE XCG7B 2h 17* -Aldila Tour Blue 85 
TEE XCG7B 4h 22* Aldila Rogue Blk85
TEE XCG7B 5h 25*- Diamana Thump i465ct 4i shaft
Wishon 560MC 5-PW (27,31,35,39,43.5,48) at -1/2" length Multiple sets with different shafts 
Vokey SM4 52-08F S200
Wishon HM wedges 56/60 Wishon Smooth steel Stiff
SC Futura X5r 33' flownecked by Bastain-cerakote sniper gray-silver dots-white flange sight line-SS Flatso 2.0

[From the archives...](https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1581894/bend-profile-question/p1 "From the archives...")

> @TomWishon said: (January 2018)

> ... over the years the relationship with the programmer I had do the initial work to create this software from my dictates just became impossible to work with. Much too long of a story to go into and not worth it at this point anyway but that personal problem was one of the reasons I let this project go into the sand - of course the main one was the change in attitude by many of the shaft companies to decide not to support this project for their own image and commercial reasons.

> So anyway, Diamond Golf who are the stewards of my product line now have had some conversations with programmers over in the UK, enough that we feel we have identified a path to completely re doing this and trying to re-constitute it. And perhaps it will be set up in a manner that will allow much easier management of the data to be able to go those extra miles to creating worthwhile statistical comparative data to take this thing to a higher level of understanding for much more definitive comparisons between shafts and groups of shafts.

>

>

>

> We'll see.

• Like 1

Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver 60S
Cobra (Lexi blue) F7 5 wood w/Aldila Rogue Black 70S
Cobra (Lexi blue) F7 Hybrid w/Aldila Kuro Kage 80S
Ping G410 irons w/Recoil 95S
Ping Glide 55/60 wedges w/Recoil 110S
Ping Anser/Arna putter - the "real deal!"

Group, I have been in contact with Tom Wishon over the past week in regards to his software. He has spoken with Diamond, and as he has some time on his hands, he will resurrect it with the help of a new programmer. This won't be an over night task, but he does appear to be very committed to a revival of the program, probably with a new format. He as asked that if there is interest in adding or removing some features from the program to reach out to him at:

Tom Wishon......."WHile I am at it, and since I take it you and your group are familiar with the old BP software, if you care to put together a list of features you would like to see and not see on the new version, I would be more than happy to take a look and see what I can do to incorporate some of your suggestions. For that or other inputs or questions use my email at [email protected] ........_

• Like 1

Hi Group, in additional correspondence with Tom, regarding emails - only use the above email address for input regarding the software.

He mentioned also, that this would probably be a web-based platform (password protected) and probably develop an app for it for use with smartphones/tablets - I requested Android as well as IOS. He will begin acquiring shafts shortly, I'm sure it will take a bit of time for the software development, but web based is certainly alot easier as you would be building from a known platform.

Regards,

Randy

• Like 2

> @Clafoone said:

> Hi Group, in additional correspondence with Tom, regarding emails - only use the above email address for input regarding the software.

> He mentioned also, that this would probably be a web-based platform (password protected) and probably develop an app for it for use with smartphones/tablets - I requested Android as well as IOS. He will begin acquiring shafts shortly, I'm sure it will take a bit of time for the software development, but web based is certainly alot easier as you would be building from a known platform.

> Regards,

> Randy

This is great to hear, honestly. It is way too valuable of a tool for enthusiasts and fitters alike.

I was hoping that they'd pivot to web based as it is so ubiquitously easy to maintain / update by comparison.

Thank you Tom!

Comfort brings trust, trust brings consistency, consistency drops indexes.

Tom has confirmed with me he'll be working on the new program as well. His "semi retirement" is basically him working on what he wants to without all the stuff surrounding running a company.

• Like 2
Fitter
919F/D, Red Shaft
EQ1-NX 4 wood Red S-FLex
929 Fwy 5, Red Shaft
  • 1 year later...