The company I work at has relaxed its dress code and for the summer time I would like to buy some polos that are work appropriate that goes well with dress pants.

I’m a skinny dude so footjoy shirts look awful on me. I’d prefer a classy polo that doesn’t have a sporty print to it and something that’s a bit more slim fit.

Any suggestions? Peter Millar comes to mind but I’ve never purchased from them and $80-$90 a polo seems expensive.

I likely will only wear there’s polos to work as I mostly wear under armour polos when golfing.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Original Penguin is a good polo for just casual wear. They're not too "golfy" if that is even a word. Some have pockets and usually slimmer fitting. You can find them at a Nordstrom Rack, Marshall

Bonobos, Uniqlo, Greyson are a few you may want to try.

I’m a huge fan of RLX and Polo Golf. I think you’ll find a large number of people in some of the other threads agree that Justin Thomas and Billy Horschel are some of the best dressed golfers on tour.

Our company gets OGIO shirts from Scrub Hub that I like a lot. I actually ordered a bunch without the company logo because I like them so much. They have a good collar, not a baggy fit but not really form fitting either. They’re quick dry material but not so thin you can see your chest hair and belly button through them haha. Theyre called Caliber 2.0 and are roughly $30-35

> @lspky_muskie said:

> Peter Millar “Tour Fit” is a great work to course polo. Neiman Marcus is always running $50 off $200 sales with 10% back through Ebates, which gets you down to 3 for $180.

I’m probably right in between a small and a medium in most UA and Nike Golf Polos. What size would I get if I bought a Tour Fit polo by PM?

I’m a huge fan of RLX and Polo Golf. I think you’ll find a large number of people in some of the other threads agree that Justin Thomas and Billy Horschel are some of the best dressed golfers on tour. That look translates really well to the office. The fits are nice and styles are classy, yet modern at the same time.

• Like 1

Titleist TS2 10.5 Driver
Taylormade M6 15 3-Wood
Titleist u500 2i
Titleist T100 Irons 4-P
Titleist Vokey Wedges 50, 54, 58
Odyssey #7 O-Works
Titleist Pro V1

RLX Apparel with Footjoy Shoes & Gloves

I’m a fan of Matte Grey polos. Very muted and conservative.

https://hausofgrey.com/collections/matte-grey-polos

Ping G410 Tour AD DI6

Ping G30 3W

Ping G30 5W

Ben Hogan VKTR Hybrid

Ping G400 5-SW Steelfiber i95

Ping Glide LW

Scotty Cameron Fastback or

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

> @UnderPar18 said:

> > @lspky_muskie said:

> > Peter Millar “Tour Fit” is a great work to course polo. Neiman Marcus is always running $50 off $200 sales with 10% back through Ebates, which gets you down to 3 for $180.

>

> I’m probably right in between a small and a medium in most UA and Nike Golf Polos. What size would I get if I bought a Tour Fit polo by PM?

>

>

I’d probably go with a Medium. They’re pretty slim fitting.

> @soonernick said:

> > @lspky_muskie said:

> > Peter Millar “Tour Fit” is a great work to course polo. Neiman Marcus is always running $50 off $200 sales with 10% back through Ebates, which gets you down to 3 for $180.

>

> I’m not seeing the “tour fit” anywhere. Is it a certain more athletic cut?

Peter Millar has done away with the Tour Fit. Here is what customer service told me:

Thank you for contacting Peter Millar. We no longer have the Tour Fit option. We do have a variety of polos that are classified as Refined and Tailored Fit, which will fit closer to the body. Below is a link to these polos.

https://www.petermillar.com/c/mens/tops/polos-shirts.html#f=filter-tags~collections~crown-crafted&f=filter-tags~collections~peter-millar-collection

Taylormade M1 10.5*
Callaway GBB Epic 15*
Callaway XR 19*
Taylormade p790 5-P,A
Titleist Vokey SM6 54*, 58*, 60*
Titleist Scotty Cameron Golo 3
Srixon Z Star

Original Penguin is a good polo for just casual wear. They're not too "golfy" if that is even a word. Some have pockets and usually slimmer fitting. You can find them at a Nordstrom Rack, Marshalls or TJ Maxx for $29.99. I wear them on and off the course.

https://www.nordstromrack.com/shop/search?query=original%20penguin&division=Men&department=Clothing&class=Polo%20Shirts

• Like 2

> @Shakester said:

> Original Penguin is a good polo for just casual wear. They're not too "golfy" if that is even a word. Some have pockets and usually slimmer fitting. You can find them at a Nordstrom Rack, Marshalls or TJ Maxx for $29.99. I wear them on and off the course.

>

> https://www.nordstromrack.com/shop/search?query=original%20penguin&division=Men&department=Clothing&class=Polo%20Shirts

>

>

Another vote for Original Penguin and they just recently opened up an outlet store near me, which spells trouble!

• Like 1

9° Titleist TSi2 HZRDUS Smoke RDX 60 6.5
15° Titleist TSi2 HZRDUS Smoke RDX 70 6.0
19° PXG 0317 X Gen 2 Fujikura Pro 2.0 HB 85S
22° PXG 0317 X Gen 2 Fujikura Pro 2.0 HB 85S
5 Srixon 585 Project X LZ 6.5
6-PW Srixon 785 Project X LZ 6.5
Artisan Golf 50/54/58 Project X LZ 6.5
Artisan Golf 0418

> @AUDuffer said:

> > @Shakester said:

> > Original Penguin is a good polo for just casual wear. They're not too "golfy" if that is even a word. Some have pockets and usually slimmer fitting. You can find them at a Nordstrom Rack, Marshalls or TJ Maxx for $29.99. I wear them on and off the course.

> >

> > https://www.nordstromrack.com/shop/search?query=original%20penguin&division=Men&department=Clothing&class=Polo%20Shirts

> >

> >

>

> Another vote for Original Penguin and they just recently opened up an outlet store near me, which spells trouble!

Yep love the penguin stuff for work. Polos mostly but even their dress shirts look great paired with nice jeans. Most of my golf polos look a little too sporty which isn’t the look I’m going for at work.

• Like 1

Callaway Epic Flash TD - Graphite Design VR Callaway Epic SZ 15* Callaway Apex 20* Bridgestone J15cb - 4-PW Vokey SM7 - 52* & 58* Spider X

• 3 months later...

> @portland said:

> > @soonernick said:

> > > @lspky_muskie said:

> > > Peter Millar “Tour Fit” is a great work to course polo. Neiman Marcus is always running $50 off $200 sales with 10% back through Ebates, which gets you down to 3 for $180.

> >

> > I’m not seeing the “tour fit” anywhere. Is it a certain more athletic cut?

>

> Peter Millar has done away with the Tour Fit. Here is what customer service told me:

>

> Thank you for contacting Peter Millar. We no longer have the Tour Fit option. We do have a variety of polos that are classified as Refined and Tailored Fit, which will fit closer to the body. Below is a link to these polos.

>

> https://www.petermillar.com/c/mens/tops/polos-shirts.html#f=filter-tags~collections~crown-crafted&f=filter-tags~collections~peter-millar-collection

> @portland said:

> > @soonernick said:

> > > @lspky_muskie said:

> > > Peter Millar “Tour Fit” is a great work to course polo. Neiman Marcus is always running $50 off $200 sales with 10% back through Ebates, which gets you down to 3 for $180.

> >

> > I’m not seeing the “tour fit” anywhere. Is it a certain more athletic cut?

>

> Peter Millar has done away with the Tour Fit. Here is what customer service told me:

>

> Thank you for contacting Peter Millar. We no longer have the Tour Fit option. We do have a variety of polos that are classified as Refined and Tailored Fit, which will fit closer to the body. Below is a link to these polos.

>

> https://www.petermillar.com/c/mens/tops/polos-shirts.html#f=filter-tags~collections~crown-crafted&f=filter-tags~collections~peter-millar-collection

Picked up a couple of Crown Crafted polos, and they have the Tour Fit tag on the button and seem to fit just like last years. They’re about $40 each on Peter Millar’s website right now.

> @ctfuzz21 said:

> I’m a huge fan of RLX and Polo Golf. I think you’ll find a large number of people in some of the other threads agree that Justin Thomas and Billy Horschel are some of the best dressed golfers on tour. That look translates really well to the office. The fits are nice and styles are classy, yet modern at the same time.

+1 from me when it comes to Polo and RLX Golf. Great fitting shirts with a good selection of fabrics. I cannot see past them.

Titleist TS3 8.5 Stiff Diamana D+
Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black 
Titleist 915Hd 17.5 Stiff Diamana S+
Titleist T100 4-PW Stiff Project X LZ
Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08 & 54.10
Titlesist Vokey SM7 60.04
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1x 2019