Whoever turned the Driver into GG with lead tape on it...

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What's wrong with lead tape? I have 10 gms of tape on the heel of my driver and 30gms on the bottom of my putter? Who cares? If it works for me I don't care what you think.

My diet consists of coffee, mtn dew and lead tape. Surgeon generals poster child   I like my clubs heavy in the headweight dept. I could care less about swingweight...if it feels light I tape it til

I was expecting a picture.

My diet consists of coffee, mtn dew and lead tape. Surgeon generals poster child

I like my clubs heavy in the headweight dept. I could care less about swingweight...if it feels light I tape it til it feels right. My typical first range session with new irons lasts a while.

• Like 1

CALLAWAY EPIC FLASH SZ 9 EV BLACK 75 6.5 44 1/4” CALLAWAY EPIC FLASH SZ 15 MATRIX HD9 STRONG 41.5” WILSON FG5 TOUR 17* RIP PHENOM 100 S SRIXON Z FORGED 3-PW CATALYST 100 6.5 CLEVELAND RTX4 50* CATALYST 100 6.0 CLEVELAND RTX4 54* CATALYST 100 6.0 CLEVELAND RTX4 58* MODUS 120X SEEMORE mFGP20 PLATINUM 38” SNELL MTB-X

> @Jesh said:

> I think it’s more about that it’s being resold with it still on it...

Plenty of clubs in the WRX B/S/T ads and Ebay that have lead tape on them. Not a big deal/concern for most as it's easy to remove.

I looked at a Cobra Bio Cell driver a few months ago at GG and it had about 10g worth of tape on the bottom of it. They don't care about that kind of stuff, they are gonna put it on the rack. I saw a set of beautiful Titleist 690's on the rack one day that still had dry dirt caked in the grooves

A club can be lonely or feel naked without the appropriate level of lead tape in place

Ping G400 Max 10.5* Fubuki K 60x : Ping G400 5w 16.5* Blueboard 63x
Ping G400 7w 19.5* Blueboard 73x : Callaway Apex '16 4h 23* Fubuki 82x

Callaway Apex CF16 5i AD DI 85x  :  6i - PW Recoil Prototype 95 f4
Vokey SM2 50*  Vokey SM2 TVD 54*m & 59*m DG s400 Onyx

Callaway ‘19 PM Grind 64* DG s400 Onyx ~~ Piretti Matera Elite

> @BB28403 said:

> ...And GG has it for sale in the used bin.

> Thanks for the laugh!!

remove the lead tape at your peril!!!!

Lead Tape lovingly applied - Driver through GW
TEE EXS +1* to 11.5* - Testing at 43.5" w/ Matrix 7M3 stiff untipped
TEE XCG7 Beta 4W 16.5* - Matrix 8M2 Stiff
TEE XCG7 Beta 22*H - 2020 Aldila Rogue Black 85H TS
TEE XCG7 Beta 25*H - Diamana Thump i465ct 4i shaft stiff 
Wishon 560MC's 5-PW (27,31,35,39,43.5,48) at -1/2" length KBS Tour C-Taper Lite R
Vokey SM4 52-08F S200
Wishon HM wedges 56 and 60 Wishon Smooth steel Stiff
SC Futura X5r 33' flownecked by Bastain-cerakote sniper gray-silver dots-white flange sight line-SS Flatso 2.0

> @Xdmike20 said:

> I looked at a Cobra Bio Cell driver a few months ago at GG and it had about 10g worth of tape on the bottom of it. They don't care about that kind of stuff, they are gonna put it on the rack. I saw a set of beautiful Titleist 690's on the rack one day that still had dry dirt caked in the grooves

Dirt in the grooves? That is blasphemous!!

Grab an old oxiclean plastic jug fill it up with soapy warm water and a $1 brush to brush them. Good as new!

I've always been amazed at the number of WRX members who avoid lead tape like it's a form of plague.

Lead tape is the gift to golfers from the golf gods. In order to gain their favor, one must make good use of it. :)

• Like 1

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver:  Cobra Fly-Z+, Xcaliber 7.5 TS, 44", King LTD, HZRDUS 75 6.5, 44.25"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, Aldila Tour Blue 85 S, 42.5"; Stage 2 Tour, SK Fiber Tour Trac 100 X, 42.5"
Hybrid:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, NV105 S or DGS400

Irons grab bag:  Mizuno MP-37, DGS300; Golden Ram TW276, NV105; Golden Ram TW282, Precision 6.5; Ram TG-898, Super Peening Blue X; 1980 Golden Rams, Dynamic S; MacGregor Muirfield, Dynamic S; Wilson Staff 78 Tour Blades, Dynamic S
GW:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, DGS400
SW:  Ram Watson Scoring System 55*, DGX 7i shaft; Ram TG-898, DGS400; Ram TG-898, NV105 S; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS300; Ram 1982 Commemorative Nickel 58*, Dynamic S; Ram TW282, DGS; Ram TW276, DGS
LW:  Maltby Design 60* mid sole, DGS400; Maltby Design 60* mid sole, NV105 S
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34.25"; Yes! Nicky, 34"
Balls: Wilson Staff Duo Professional or 50 Elite, TP5

True story. At the public range years ago. 13 year old kid beside me says "what happened to your driver, why'd it break?'

I tell him it's not broken .... and he says "then why is it all duct taped up like that?"

Ping G400 Max 10.5* Fubuki K 60x : Ping G400 5w 16.5* Blueboard 63x
Ping G400 7w 19.5* Blueboard 73x : Callaway Apex '16 4h 23* Fubuki 82x

Callaway Apex CF16 5i AD DI 85x  :  6i - PW Recoil Prototype 95 f4
Vokey SM2 50*  Vokey SM2 TVD 54*m & 59*m DG s400 Onyx

Callaway ‘19 PM Grind 64* DG s400 Onyx ~~ Piretti Matera Elite

> @cardoustie said:

> True story. At the public range years ago. 13 year old kid beside me says "what happened to your driver, why'd it break?'

> I tell him it's not broken .... and he says "then why is it all duct taped up like that?"

“...Why’d it break?”

You: “Well kid, it started asking me questions...”

> @BB28403 said:

> > @Xdmike20 said:

> > I looked at a Cobra Bio Cell driver a few months ago at GG and it had about 10g worth of tape on the bottom of it. They don't care about that kind of stuff, they are gonna put it on the rack. I saw a set of beautiful Titleist 690's on the rack one day that still had dry dirt caked in the grooves

>

> Dirt in the grooves? That is blasphemous!!

> Grab an old oxiclean plastic jug fill it up with soapy warm water and a $1 brush to brush them. Good as new!

>

Yes, I know you can clean them up but you would think that the people at GG would clean them up before they put them up on the rack. That's what I was saying about GG. They don't care about anything used they just take it in and throw it on the rack