2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Tour B XS Ball

hammergolf

I only know the bxs because the people at bridgestone push that fact. it could be the BX as well. the story goes, Tiger arrived to a tourney early and his shipment of balls had not arrived. he went to the pro shop and bought a dzn for his practice round. > @cpeck said:

> @tsecor fact? that’s pretty cool. all the bridgestone tour balls of just specifically the bxs.?

• Like 1

Was able to putt the Bridgestone Tour BX vs Snell MTB-X.

BX felt good, however a bit softer and 'heavier' feel than the Snell. I could certainly use either but prefer the feel of the MTB-X off the putter.

I used to love soft balls, after trying the MTB-X, I think I prefer the firmer feel...MTB-x is definitely firmer feel than my past soft balls (Chrome soft, Snell Red). I don't really notice it with my woods, irons - I do feel it when putting. However it is more 'different' than bad. It feel brighter when putting, feels like I am getting the ball to the hole more often.

Hope to play a full round with the Tour BX today to see how it hold up

Driver (9.0) - Cobra LTDx Aldila Rogue Silver 70 S, 44.5"
Wood (14.5) - Ping G425 MAX Alta CB 65 Slate S

Wood (17.5) - Ping G425 MAX Alta CB 65 Slate S
Driving Iron (20) - Srixon U65 Project X 5.5
Irons (5-6) - Srixon Z565 Project X 5.5
Irons (7-P) - Srixon Z765 Project X 5.5
Wedges - Vokey SM-7 Jet Black / 50.08 F / 54.08 M / 58.08 M DG S300
Putter - Edel E-1
Ball - Titleist Prov1x
ZGrip Midsized Grips

Played the Pro V1 for the last 15 years. Just moved to the Tour BXS. I moved to it primarily for putter feel. It’s one of the softest Tour balls I’ve hit with the putter. It has a really hot feel and I’ve felt that the Pro V1 was too clicky and it gave me a dead feel around the greens. The BXS has more spin on the wedges and I suck them back a little too much, but in every other category it’s just as good as the Pro V1 to me but with softer putter feel.

What is the compression on this ball?

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping G425 Crossover 3, i20 4-PW (DI-95X, PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

75! @"Holy Moses" it took me a few rounds to get use to it off the putter coming from mtb black. the only thing i noticed is it does not like the temperature below 60. i bought a few dozen and they felt so horrible and did not travel off the driver i thought they were knock offs! ha my bad but anyway i can put that to rest as i had a 65 maybe pushing 70 round just now and it is still amazing.

drivers and also from 6-pw i’m about 5-10 yards longer it’s a great ball for me.

• Like 1

Played a round with the Bridgestone Tour BX today. Played the entire round with it, did not lose a ball. Also took a few extra shots with a Snell Black and a Prov1x (not sure which year).

Overall - I am totally impressed with the Tour BX. It was consistently as long off the tee as any other ball I have played. Iron shots checked up predictably. Putting felt great, no issues. Hard to judge little chips as the greens were oversanded and still not alot of grass growing yet.

The single most thing that stood out - and this will sound weird after the MGS study - the ball flew very true...moreso than I have ever experienced for a full round. Straight as an arrow or if a slight push or pull, it held its line incredibly well.

Just based on that fact and that the ball does everything exceptionally well - I think I found my ball for this year! No reason to try anything else really.

Putter - Edel E-1
Ball - Titleist Prov1x
ZGrip Midsized Grips

Switching to the BX permanently. I’d briefly demoed it before, I liked it, but the allure the extra distance off the irons swayed me to the AVX. Now that the night king is dead (winter IS over), I see the AVX doesn’t spin enough into and around greens.

Tried the ‘19 ProV1... eh. Shorter off the driver and irons than the AVX for me. Loved it around the greens tho, but shot inferior scores.

Gave the Tour BX a full round today. Whoa.

So long off all clubs. So straight off the driver. Tons of roll out too, seemed to have a shallow descent with the driver, but really stuck hard coming into greens. Very controllable trajectory. Ball did everything I asked. Easily as good around the green as the ProV1... and shockingly soft too.

Most impressed I’ve ever been with a golf ball.

Titleist TSR3 - 9* - Ventus TR Black 6x

Callaway Rogue LS - 15* - Tour ADXC 7x

Callaway Apex UW - 19* - Ventus Black 7x

PXG 0311P Gen6 - 5i-GW - DG x100

Vokey SM9 - 52.12F, 56.14F - KBS Tour 120 Wedge

Vokey SM9 - 60.08M - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0

L.A.B Link.1
Callaway Chrome Soft TruTrack (Winter)
Vessel Player III - Citrine/White/Black (Riding)
Vessel VLS DXR - Grey/Orange (Walking/half-bag)

> @Mahamilto said:

> Switching to the BX permanently. I’d briefly demoed it before, I liked it, but the allure the extra distance off the irons swayed me to the AVX. Now that the night king is dead (winter IS over), I see the AVX doesn’t spin enough into and around greens.

>

> Tried the ‘19 ProV1... eh. Shorter off the driver and irons than the AVX for me. Loved it around the greens tho, but shot inferior scores.

>

> Gave the Tour BX a full round today. Whoa.

>

> So long off all clubs. So straight off the driver. Tons of roll out too, seemed to have a shallow descent with the driver, but really stuck hard coming into greens. Very controllable trajectory. Ball did everything I asked. Easily as good around the green as the ProV1... and shockingly soft too.

>

> Most impressed I’ve ever been with a golf ball.

i am just as pleased with the bxs i chose, they are some how under the radar and can be had relatively cheap almost as much as dtc

Yeah. Bridgestone just doesn’t have the name brand recognition of Titleist/Callaway/Taylormade in the ball market.

Titleist I get, they have been THE ball company for a long time, but TM and Cally really snuck past BS by means of their clubs giving them brand name recognition.

All and all, the Bridgestone line is really good; I played the E5 briefly years ago, the E7 has always been a great distance ball, and the 330 line was really good.

But this tour b line is just on another level. I think Tiger’s win will really forward their market share. Watching that B roll towards the hole when tiger almost aced the par three on Master’s Sunday is darn near iconic.

Titleist TSR3 - 9* - Ventus TR Black 6x

Callaway Rogue LS - 15* - Tour ADXC 7x

Callaway Apex UW - 19* - Ventus Black 7x

PXG 0311P Gen6 - 5i-GW - DG x100

Vokey SM9 - 52.12F, 56.14F - KBS Tour 120 Wedge

Vokey SM9 - 60.08M - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0

L.A.B Link.1
Callaway Chrome Soft TruTrack (Winter)
Vessel Player III - Citrine/White/Black (Riding)
Vessel VLS DXR - Grey/Orange (Walking/half-bag)

Played a par3 course with both the Tour B X and the Tour B XS. About 9 holes each.

Was short with alot of shots early in the round with the B X. Maybe I was not loose yet and there was a bit of wind.

Back 9, was more on target with my distances using the B XS. Not convinced of one over the other yet - need to get some driver shots in. But both balls are really really good, with similar characteristics.

I cannot discern a significant difference in feel (softness), spin, accuracy, shot height between them yet. I could go either way, leaning slightly towards the B XS.

Putter - Edel E-1
Ball - Titleist Prov1x
ZGrip Midsized Grips

I'm a big fan of the Tour B XS - when all my RZN Platinum have gone, this will be my number 1 ball.

The Dee Three - Titleist TS4 9.5 deg, EvenFlow White 6.5 65g, A1 Setting

Henrik - Titleist 917 F3 15 deg, Rogue Max 75x, B2 Setting

The Walking Stick - Titleist 818 H2 19 deg, Rogue Max 85x, B2 Setting

The Interloper - TaylorMade P770 3 iron, S400 Tour Issue, +0.5inch +1 deg loft

The Blades - Nike VR Pro 4 - AW, S400 Tour Issue, +0.5 inch

The Sand Iron - TaylorMade MG2 TW-12 Grind, 56 degree, S400 Tour Issue

The Flopper - TaylorMade MG2 TW-11 Grind, 60 Degree, S400 Tour Issue

The Putter - Nike Method 003 from The Oven

"Golf is only called golf as all the other four letter words have been taken"     - Leslie Nielsen

I played today and it was windy. I played a BX and a TP5x on every driver hole and I can tell you it’s not even close for my game. The tp5x goes up in the wind and the B x just seems to go through it.

Titleist TS3, 9.5, Ventus Blue 6x
Titleist TS2, 15, AD DI 8
Callaway xforged utility 18, AD DI 105
Taylormade p770 4-pw, Project X 
Titleist Vokey 50,54,58 Project X 
Scotty Cameron Studio Style GSS Newport 2

> @Whiskey_fire said:

> I played today and it was windy. I played a BX and a TP5x on every driver hole and I can tell you it’s not even close for my game. The tp5x goes up in the wind and the B x just seems to go through it.

I have found the same for my game, especially with the Tour B X. And I have found I am still able to spin it around the green. The only difference is the feel/sound compared to the tour b xs

Played a round with the Tour B XS today. Last round was with the Tour B X. Overall, I do not have a clear winner. The balls are pretty close for me, all around, I could play either and be very happy. Played some same shots with both balls - on quality strikes - no significant difference.

I was hoping to pick one of them, then try them vs a Snell MTB-X...but never got that far.

On the last hole - a par 5, I hit the Snell, first time for the day...and of course, it was my best drive of the day and the best drive I have ever hit on that hole, and I have played that hole alot. Jesus. More testing to come. All are tremendous balls, I would be happy playing either.

• Like 1

Putter - Edel E-1
Ball - Titleist Prov1x
ZGrip Midsized Grips

It’s interesting. The MGS ball test would tend to suggest that the Tour BX was the ball to try, but when I do the Bridgestone ball selector tool it gives me the Tour BXS. And it seems to give that even if I vary substantially the options. Not sure how to make it give the BX. Very tempted to try them both though.

Ping G430 LST 9° Diamana white 63x
Ping G410 LST 3 wood Diamana Thump x
Srixon ZX Utility 19 C-taper S+

Srixon ZX7 4-AW C-taper S+

Vokey SM9 54F and 58C

Odyssey Eleven Tour-Lined Slant

> @Ty_Webb said:

> It’s interesting. The **** ball test would tend to suggest that the Tour BX was the ball to try, but when I do the Bridgestone ball selector tool it gives me the Tour BXS. And it seems to give that even if I vary substantially the options. Not sure how to make it give the BX. Very tempted to try them both though.

I honestly cannot tell a huge difference yet..played 2 rounds using both balls. Only lost 1 ball in 2 rounds and hit 2 tee shots many times.

Off the driver, the Tour BX seems to hold its line a bit better. Long and short irons, minimal difference. Maybe the BXS checks up slightly better, very slight. Both feel great off of all clubs and putter. I'm kinda leaning towards BX. Same as you, doing their online fitting almost always got the BXS unless I lied about how far I hit my driver.

Putter - Edel E-1
Ball - Titleist Prov1x
ZGrip Midsized Grips

> @Ty_Webb said:

> It’s interesting. The **** ball test would tend to suggest that the Tour BX was the ball to try, but when I do the Bridgestone ball selector tool it gives me the Tour BXS. And it seems to give that even if I vary substantially the options. Not sure how to make it give the BX. Very tempted to try them both though.

I am the opposite, I can't get it to say BXS for me!

• Titleist TSR3 9* Ventus Black 6X
  • Taylormade Sim2 15* Tensei White 80TX
  • TM Stealth 2 Iron or Ping i59 3 iron Project X 7.0
  • Artisan MB 4-9 Project X 7.0
  • Artisan 46*, 50* Project X 6.5
  • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
  • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217

> @scott_Donald said:

> > @Ty_Webb said:

> > It’s interesting. The **** ball test would tend to suggest that the Tour BX was the ball to try, but when I do the Bridgestone ball selector tool it gives me the Tour BXS. And it seems to give that even if I vary substantially the options. Not sure how to make it give the BX. Very tempted to try them both though.

>

> I am the opposite, I can't get it to say BXS for me!

I read somewhere on here it sometimes selects your ball based on your current ball. Try changing that and see how it goes.

I love the BXS. Tried them in a full 18 side by side against the current CS and it blows them out the water.

> @jonnymc44 said:

> I love the BXS. Tried them in a full 18 side by side against the current CS and it blows them out the water.

Agree that the BXS should be a drop in replacement for Chrome Soft and likely be an immediate improvement. Not really sure what the BX would be the same drop in for. It feels softer to me than V1x and TP5x, much softer than Chrome Soft X and Srixon XV. Actually reminds me most of a TP5 but with higher straighter flight with a tad less greenside spin.

TaylorMade M5 / Callaway Mavrik 3W / Maltby KE4 FDI 19 / Callaway Mavrik Pro 3H / Maltby TS1 4-GW / Callaway MD2 56 / Odyssey Double Wide / Titleist Pro V1

I was so sad today when I blocked a drive and lost a Tour BX. the ball is good in the wind, played today in 20mph wind and the ball was great.

Decided on Tour BX and Pro V1X I will use up since I have loads left.

• Titleist TSR3 9* Ventus Black 6X
  • Taylormade Sim2 15* Tensei White 80TX
  • TM Stealth 2 Iron or Ping i59 3 iron Project X 7.0
  • Artisan MB 4-9 Project X 7.0
  • Artisan 46*, 50* Project X 6.5
  • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
  • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217

Picked up a sleeve of BX balls. Slightly firmer feel but in a good way. Putting with these on slowish greens is nice as it feels like the ball rolls better. Chips had a little check to them that was predicatble but not too heavy. Off the driver holy smokes I was long and straight with them. Iron spin seemed to be adequate as my ball was not rollling out, more of a land and stop on soft greens, no sucking them back. (Driver swing 106, iron swing a little slower 7 iron goes about 150)

Anyone compare the RX to the X? I wan't to get my slower SS father in law to try the ball and I'm thinking they might still be suitable for me as well based on the recent test and past experience with the RX.

Taylormade M6, 9.0* head set -1.5*, Nippon Regio B+ shaft, 65 stiff at 45.5"
Cobra FLY Z+ 3 wood, orange, aldila tour blue stiff, 14.5*
Sub 70 939x, 3H(18*), Proforce V2 85 stiff
Sub 70 939x, 4H(21*), Proforce V2 85 stiff
Sub 70 699 Pros, 5-AW, Modus 120 stiff
PING glide 2.0, 54*

Taylormade MG3, 58* HB 
Scotty Select Newport, 73* lie, 1* loft, 34" (Testing Taylormade Bandon 1)
Bridgestone Tour BX (Alternate ball VICE PRO)

> @gazgolf1 said:

> Bought a sleeve each of the BX and BXS and I'm keen to try them out this weekend. I'm coming from the Z-Star XV which I have used for about 1 year but l have always thought lacked greenside spin, hopefully the Bridgestone balls will go a little further off the driver but spin a bit more on chips and pitches.

your going to love them both off the driver. the irons was what made me choose bxs. great ball, gained yards, able to hit a club shorter now. super game improver for me. best of luck with your decision.

ps new balls can be had off the bay for 30$ shipped.

• Like 1

> @cpeck said:

> > @gazgolf1 said:

> > Bought a sleeve each of the BX and BXS and I'm keen to try them out this weekend. I'm coming from the Z-Star XV which I have used for about 1 year but l have always thought lacked greenside spin, hopefully the Bridgestone balls will go a little further off the driver but spin a bit more on chips and pitches.

>

> your going to love them both off the driver. the irons was what made me choose bxs. great ball, gained yards, able to hit a club shorter now. super game improver for me. best of luck with your decision.

> ps new balls can be had off the bay for 30$ shipped.

>

>

Thanks I cant wait to hit them, BTW I'm in Australia so not quite so cheap down here. ;)

BXS almost feels too soft. I need to try the BX......anyone wanna trade a sleeve of BXS for BX'? > @gazgolf1 said:

> > @cpeck said:

> > > @gazgolf1 said:

> > > Bought a sleeve each of the BX and BXS and I'm keen to try them out this weekend. I'm coming from the Z-Star XV which I have used for about 1 year but l have always thought lacked greenside spin, hopefully the Bridgestone balls will go a little further off the driver but spin a bit more on chips and pitches.

> >

> > your going to love them both off the driver. the irons was what made me choose bxs. great ball, gained yards, able to hit a club shorter now. super game improver for me. best of luck with your decision.

> > ps new balls can be had off the bay for 30$ shipped.

> >

> >

>

> Thanks I cant wait to hit them, BTW I'm in Australia so not quite so cheap down here. ;)

So after one round with the BXS I'm a fan. Gained a few metres with the irons and a little height as well compared to my previous Z-Star XV. Feel was an improvement as well with the BXS noticeably softer and greenside spin was better too. Driver length was about the same. I hit the BX on a couple of holes and I don't think its for me it, it felt hard and I couldn't get any pop with the driver, maybe a compression thing.

• 1 month later...

3 rounds in and some on-course ball testing, I may be a convert. I have another favorite ball, but I found one of these and put it into play. Liked it so much I got a sleeve. It has performed so well inside 100 yards, I put it into testing on the course for distance and control. I'm still not certain of how it plays with mid and long irons relative to my current ball, but short irons stop and the driver is long. Really long. I hit it on a par 5 I play a couple of times a week and it was in a place that was a new personal best for me. Putts really nice too.

TSi4 Tensei White AV RAW X-Stiff/Hzrdus Gen 4 Black Stiff

Stealth 5 wood with Ventus

Titleist TS2 7 wood with Ventus

Mizuno MP-64 KBS Tour Stiff

Mizuno T24 60 X

Mizuno T24 56 V

Mizuno T24 50 F

Ping Vault 2.0 Ketsch