Dicks / Taylormade Promo

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

> @indianalawnguy said: > A lot of wishful thinking here. Hate to be the bearer of bad news! You have to purchase the driver first and if Rory happens to win you will be reimbursed! Dicks and G

> @DblEgl said: > This is correct. **Today is the last day to have your "no purchase" entry form postmarked. ** Get hopping. Postmarked by May 30th not April 30th.

> @indianalawnguy said: > There are over 800 Dicks Sporting Goods and Golf Galaxy stores in the US. Lets just say each store has 50(conservative #) forms that are filled out. Now lets say Rory

So I went and got a slip yesterday from DSG. Admittedly I haven't read all the fine print myself just going by this thread. So do people think that getting the slip with no purchase is still going to work? Or should we go buy a driver today and return it if needed?

Also is returning a driver to DSG allowed? I would obv never hit and keep all the tags/plastic on it.

There's a lot of fine print and it's tedious and confusing at times ... but yes, you can "win" without having to purchase. And yes, you can purchase by the end of close today and return on Sunday. Dick's is pretty/very good about returns (or the one near me is anyway).

Ping G400 Max 10.5*
Cobra F8 7W
Cobra F8 4H
Mizuno 919 Hot Metal 5-GW
Callaway MD3 54*
Callaway MD PM 58*
Ping Sigma G Tyne

> @Krt22 said:

> > @BKarre said:

> > I picked up my voucher yesterday and had the DSG golf employee berating me about sending the form in, which included him telling me "that's not how these things work, son! you gotta buy the driver and send in your ticket!" For the record, he was holding the form that said "no purchase request" and then snatched it out of my hand to read the fine print, saying "yeah, yep, it says down here you gotta buy it!" so I shrugged and said I'd give it a shot. He patted me on the arm and said "you go ahead then, let me know how that works for ya" and laughed.

>

> He works at DSG, basic reading and comprehension skills may not be required lol.

Guaranteed it is not in any of the Grand Strand of SC stores---- If you can breathe and somewhat move they will hire you

Driver--- Honma G1-X Stock Regular shaft

3W Callaway Steel Head UST 65 Pro Force Gold Stiff

2I-- 1980 Macgregor VIP Nike R steel shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1980 Mac Vip Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW Cleveland 588 56* S- 400 Sensicore

Putter Old Rusty Santa Fe Bulls Eye fluted shaft

Bag Old Ping Hoofer I had in my stash

> @nikeblades00 said:

> So I went and got a slip yesterday from DSG. Admittedly I haven't read all the fine print myself just going by this thread. So do people think that getting the slip with no purchase is still going to work? Or should we go buy a driver today and return it if needed?

>

> Also is returning a driver to DSG allowed? I would obv never hit and keep all the tags/plastic on it.

I decided to buy, as I doubt they'll be able to honor all of the non-purchase folks ('while supplies last', blah blah, blah). Also, with the buying route you get the model, loft, flex, you want. If Rory doesn't win, I'll return to Dick's in a week or 2. As long as unused, they'll refund, back of receipt spells out the 60 day refund policy.

PING Hoofer Lite 

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*

Srixon Z U85 23*

Nike VR Forged Pro Combo

Vokey SM7 52.8F, 58.8M

PING BeCu Anser

> @brew4eagle said:

> > @nikeblades00 said:

> > So I went and got a slip yesterday from DSG. Admittedly I haven't read all the fine print myself just going by this thread. So do people think that getting the slip with no purchase is still going to work? Or should we go buy a driver today and return it if needed?

> >

> > Also is returning a driver to DSG allowed? I would obv never hit and keep all the tags/plastic on it.

>

> I decided to buy, as I doubt they'll be able to honor all of the non-purchase folks ('while supplies last', blah blah, blah). Also, with the buying route you get the model, loft, flex, you want. If Rory doesn't win, I'll return to ****'s in a week or 2. As long as unused, they'll refund, back of receipt spells out the 60 day refund policy.

I thought the "while supplies last ..." thing only applied to the actual in-store purchases? The only instances of this phrase in the fine print is in relation to actual purchases.

Ping G400 Max 10.5*
Cobra F8 7W
Cobra F8 4H
Callaway MD3 54*
Callaway MD PM 58*
Ping Sigma G Tyne

> @"Little Ned" said:

> > @brew4eagle said:

> > > @nikeblades00 said:

> > > So I went and got a slip yesterday from DSG. Admittedly I haven't read all the fine print myself just going by this thread. So do people think that getting the slip with no purchase is still going to work? Or should we go buy a driver today and return it if needed?

> > >

> > > Also is returning a driver to DSG allowed? I would obv never hit and keep all the tags/plastic on it.

> >

> > I decided to buy, as I doubt they'll be able to honor all of the non-purchase folks ('while supplies last', blah blah, blah). Also, with the buying route you get the model, loft, flex, you want. If Rory doesn't win, I'll return to ****'s in a week or 2. As long as unused, they'll refund, back of receipt spells out the 60 day refund policy.

>

> I thought the "while supplies last ..." thing only applied to the actual in-store purchases? The only instances of this phrase in the fine print is in relation to actual purchases.

Not sure, it's not straightforward. All I know is I actually have the driver in my hands so that takes out multiple variables in my mind.

Edit- see my reply below. Since the post card form is for non-purchases, it seems to me 'while supplies lasts' is for the non-purchasers.

PING Hoofer Lite 

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*

Srixon Z U85 23*

Nike VR Forged Pro Combo

Vokey SM7 52.8F, 58.8M

PING BeCu Anser

> @Brooky03 said:

> Went into DSG to buy a M6 but the employee said they were out of forms. Looks like I missed out. Gonna kick myself if Rory wins.

The 'form' prints out with your receipt when you pay. The little postcard form is for non-purchase entries.

PING Hoofer Lite 

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*

Srixon Z U85 23*

Nike VR Forged Pro Combo

Vokey SM7 52.8F, 58.8M

PING BeCu Anser

I’m pretty sure what’s getting lost here is that there aren’t actual drivers being sent to anyone. Should Rory win, whether you bought one or the no purchase where you select which one you want a M6 or M5, Taylormade will send a check for the MSRP. If you bought or checked a M5 you’re getting a $549 check, if you bought or checked a M6 you’re getting a $499 check. That’s what they mean by “On us” or a “Free Driver”, a check for the purchase price for one.

While supplies lasts is for the serialized no purchase necessary forms.

Well I mean GG/Dck’s as its their promotion not Taylormade’s.

> @Nick081974 said:

> I’m pretty sure what’s getting lost here is that there aren’t actual drivers being sent to anyone. Should Rory win, whether you bought one or the no purchase where you select which one you want a M6 or M5, Taylormade will send a check for the MSRP. If you bought or checked a M5 you’re getting a $549 check, if you bought or checked a M6 you’re getting a $499 check. That’s what they mean by “On us” or a “Free Driver”, a check for the purchase price for one.

>

> While supplies lasts is for the serialized no purchase necessary forms.

So wrong. No way they're sending money in lieu of drivers for non-purchasers. Costs them way more that way.

PING Hoofer Lite 

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*

Srixon Z U85 23*

Nike VR Forged Pro Combo

Vokey SM7 52.8F, 58.8M

PING BeCu Anser

> @Nick081974 said:

> I’m pretty sure what’s getting lost here is that there aren’t actual drivers being sent to anyone. Should Rory win, whether you bought one or the no purchase where you select which one you want a M6 or M5, Taylormade will send a check for the MSRP. If you bought or checked a M5 you’re getting a $549 check, if you bought or checked a M6 you’re getting a $499 check. That’s what they mean by “On us” or a “Free Driver”, a check for the purchase price for one.

>

That doesn’t make any sense. Why send me a check if that doesn’t guarantee TM I’ll be repping their product on the course. I could buy an F9 or a bunch of beer.

In all seriousness the check is for the people who purchased the driver at the store. It’s TM’s reimbursements so that the driver is “free.”

Ping G400 Max 10.5*
Cobra F8 7W
Cobra F8 4H
Callaway MD3 54*
Callaway MD PM 58*
Ping Sigma G Tyne

Watch and be proven wrong. They are going to send another driver to someone who bought a driver? And you win with a no purchase necessary form and you check an M6 or M5 but they magically now know what flex and loft you need? They only way that would work is they Dck’s/GG or Taylormade will now have to reach out to each person that sent a form in to build a driver with the correct flex and loft. Just giving out blanket regular shafted 10 degree M6 and M5 to people who aren’t fitted for that setup would cause an excessive flood on the resale market. Think about it, way cheaper to send checks/gift card/ vouchers for the MSRP price, exactly like a rebate all cover by their insurance for that promotion.

> @Nick081974 said:

>

what? no. they'll refund UP TO $599 if you've purchased the driver by check or pre-paid debit card. if you didn't purchase a driver, one will be shipped to you.

915D2 Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
712u 4i Recoil F4 110
714 AP2 5-PW Nippon Modus3 Tour 105x
SM6 51.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
restoration on my Mil-Spec

> @brew4eagle said:

> > @Brooky03 said:

> > Went into DSG to buy a M6 but the employee said they were out of forms. Looks like I missed out. Gonna kick myself if Rory wins.

>

> The 'form' prints out with your receipt when you pay. The little postcard form is for non-purchase entries.

Oh, nice! Looks like I'll be heading back there tonight

> @Brooky03 said:

> > @brew4eagle said:

> > > @Brooky03 said:

> > > Went into DSG to buy a M6 but the employee said they were out of forms. Looks like I missed out. Gonna kick myself if Rory wins.

> >

> > The 'form' prints out with your receipt when you pay. The little postcard form is for non-purchase entries.

>

> Oh, nice! Looks like I'll be heading back there tonight

Guy that got me the headcover and wrench also gave me a no-purchase form, since the employees still don't know how this promotion works. So I'll send that in for a 2nd driver if he wins, just have it sent to my Dad.

PING Hoofer Lite 

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*

Srixon Z U85 23*

Nike VR Forged Pro Combo

Vokey SM7 52.8F, 58.8M

PING BeCu Anser

> @Nick081974 said:

>

>

> Well I mean GG/Dck’s as its their promotion not Taylormade’s.

This thread is endlessly entertaining. Rory is more likely to show up at my house with the Wanamaker Trophy than TaylorMade is to send out checks. Again, this is an insurance-based contest for the company, an underwriter figured out the cost of Rory winning and everyone getting free drivers, built a policy and TM paid its share. It's a win-win for the company, as golfers have been buying these the last few weeks because they wanted them but also because they might be free. I don't think as many people know about the no-purchase-entries as you think, though to DSG/GG's credit, they've been pretty up-front about it (my store had the pad of forms on a table with a sign encouraging you to take one). Yes, the market will be beyond flooded if Rory wins, but also a huge number of players will hit the club, love it, and become TM fans. And the company will get an avalanche of free publicity, of the good kind, from far beyond golf media. I guarantee you they'll be rooting for it to happen if Rory's in the hunt on Sunday. Why wouldn't they?

Spot on. It’s about marketing. I don’t think anyone thought otherwise. You’re right, though. I think we’re wrong in assuming all of America is grabbing these forms up for a free driver. This contest has clearly been marketed as requiring a purchase. Only once you read the fine print do you realize no purchase is necessary.

GO RORY!!

Ping G400 Max 10.5*
Cobra F8 7W
Cobra F8 4H
Callaway MD3 54*
Callaway MD PM 58*
Ping Sigma G Tyne

Now that I have the M6 at home, I'm not even sure what I'll do with it if Rory wins. Side-by-side with my i20, the M6 is really hard to look down at. And with my modest clubhead speed, I can't imagine there will be any performance difference. Still like the idea of a free $500 driver though.

PING Hoofer Lite 

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*

Srixon Z U85 23*

Nike VR Forged Pro Combo

Vokey SM7 52.8F, 58.8M

PING BeCu Anser

> @"Little Ned" said:

> Spot on. It’s about marketing. I don’t think anyone thought otherwise. You’re right, though. I think we’re wrong in assuming all of America is grabbing these forms up for a free driver. This contest has clearly been marketed as requiring a purchase. Only once you read the fine print do you realize no purchase is necessary.

>

> GO RORY!!

The little red number on my entry request form is north of 65,000, but I'd be willing to bet TM doesn't give away more than 20,000 drivers via the no-purchase option. A lot of forms will go unclaimed and a lot of people will screw up the redemption process, like trying to have 10 drivers sent to their home. TM won't let those fly.

I'm fairly certain 95% of the tickets mailed in will be of driver owners/purchasers. Outside of WRX, I doubt many will know of the promotion or investigate deep enough to validate the "No Purchase Necessary" end of it. I think it's likely more folks will have purchased the driver and then returned it than the number of people sending in the form only, without purchasing. Again, all of this is moot when Brooks wins.... :#

TM 2016 M2 12* - OG Grafalloy Blue X, 43.5"

TEE XCG7 16.5* 4w, OG Grafalloy Blue S, 41.75"

Cally Rogue X 18.5* 4i, Diamana 70 S, 39.75"

Cobra King OS 4-G, TT XP95 R300, -.5"

Vokey SM8 54.14F(2*weak), 60.10S(4*weak)

"Rusty" Byron DH89 Slant Pipe // Byron GSS DH89 Long Slant // GOAT NP2 Tiger Putter

> @"A.Princey" said:

> I'm fairly certain 95% of the tickets mailed in will be of driver owners/purchasers. Outside of WRX, I doubt many will know of the promotion or investigate deep enough to validate the "No Purchase Necessary" end of it. I think it's likely more folks will have purchased the driver and then returned it than the number of people sending in the form only, without purchasing. Again, all of this is moot when **TIGER** wins.... :#

ftfy

915D2 Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
712u 4i Recoil F4 110
714 AP2 5-PW Nippon Modus3 Tour 105x
SM6 51.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
restoration on my Mil-Spec

> @Yanki01 said:

> > @"A.Princey" said:

> > I'm fairly certain 95% of the tickets mailed in will be of driver owners/purchasers. Outside of WRX, I doubt many will know of the promotion or investigate deep enough to validate the "No Purchase Necessary" end of it. I think it's likely more folks will have purchased the driver and then returned it than the number of people sending in the form only, without purchasing. Again, all of this is moot when **TIGER** wins.... :#

>

> ftfy

>

>

Looks like Brooks is winning the battle. handily