Jump to content

⚠️ DO NOT PAY WITH Paypal (Gifting/Friends and Family), VENMO, APPLE PAY, GOOGLE PAY, ZELLE, ... Merged w/(Bump warnings) 🚨🚨🚨


Recommended Posts

...or any other payment service/method that does not provide buyer protection. We will remove ads that advertises these forms of payment.

 

Report anyone who uses an excuse like "My Paypal account is frozen." or insists on Paypal Gifting/Friends And Family.

Edited by 1t2golf
  • Like 1

Sic omnia fatis In peius ruere ac retro sublapsa referri...semper ubi sub ubi

Link to comment
Share on other sites

> @Buzzkill said:

> Guess what! I'm deleting your ads since you're disrespecting your fellow members here, take care!

 

I like how even you guys are left in the dark.

 

As an example... there's a guy that commented on my BST Ad about 15 minutes ago.

 

No bump...which is a good thing.

 

Communication since the Forum change has been laughable...on all levels.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

> @jj9000 said:

> > @Buzzkill said:

> > Guess what! I'm deleting your ads since you're disrespecting your fellow members here, take care!

>

> I like how even you guys are left in the dark.

>

> As an example... there's a guy that commented on my BST Ad about 15 minutes ago.

>

> No bump...which is a good thing.

>

> Communication since the Forum change has been laughable...on all levels.

 

Not seeing anything there goofy other than a PM notice.

 

 


Location:  Colorado Springs, CO
Handicap:  3
WITB

Link to comment
Share on other sites

> @Buzzkill said:

> > @jj9000 said:

> > > @Buzzkill said:

> > > Guess what! I'm deleting your ads since you're disrespecting your fellow members here, take care!

> >

> > I like how even you guys are left in the dark.

> >

> > As an example... there's a guy that commented on my BST Ad about 15 minutes ago.

> >

> > No bump...which is a good thing.

> >

> > Communication since the Forum change has been laughable...on all levels.

>

> Not seeing anything there goofy other than a PM notice.

>

>

 

That's my point. The Ad didn't get bumped with the PM comment.

Is this a new feature rollout?

Who knows? Not me. Not you.

Would be nice for you...a BST Mod...to know what the heck is happening...and when it's happening.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

All I can say is that I'm removing duplicate posts i.e. members updating ad of sold items YET posting same info below in separate post. I'm doing this whether or not the ad is actually moving until software is good to go. Please realize this is my pet peeve and not necessarily the website's stance or opinion - if they disagree, they'll shut me down. Anyway, the site will be back to normal before long and then I can use my time more wisely elsewhere


Location:  Colorado Springs, CO
Handicap:  3
WITB

Link to comment
Share on other sites

> @jj9000 said:

> > @Buzzkill said:

> > > @jj9000 said:

> > > > @Buzzkill said:

> > > > Guess what! I'm deleting your ads since you're disrespecting your fellow members here, take care!

> > >

> > > I like how even you guys are left in the dark.

> > >

> > > As an example... there's a guy that commented on my BST Ad about 15 minutes ago.

> > >

> > > No bump...which is a good thing.

> > >

> > > Communication since the Forum change has been laughable...on all levels.

> >

> > Not seeing anything there goofy other than a PM notice.

> >

> >

>

> That's my point. The Ad didn't get bumped with the PM comment.

> Is this a new feature rollout?

> Who knows? Not me. Not you.

> Would be nice for you...a BST Mod...to know what the heck is happening...and when it's happening.

We all are adjusting to new processes. Currently ads need to be manually designated to unbump status.

 

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good to know. Thanks as always gents!

WITB
- TI M3 - 10.5 w/ Haz Black or Tour Issued Matrix Black Tie S+
- TI SLDR Mini 16* w/ Tp6HD tipped/butted S+
- Tour Issued m1 5w w/ Diamana D+ 75s
-  Tour Issue m2 5hl w/ Proto 80x  /  GAPR 3hi 80s 

-  MPh5 4-5, MP25 6-p w/CTapers 120s
- Tour Issue Cleveland CG12 52-58 r300 shafts (I must be old)
- Putters = Testing Everything and Anything to try and improve.

Golf is what you make of it.  Play grateful and accepting. We are all lucky to have it!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

> @liskam said:

> Why as a buyer can I not offer Venmo?

 

I could come up with a long winded answer but the short one is - because. There are now over a quarter million registered users of this forum. To think there arent at least a few people out there who would attempt to defraud a member pool of this size - to me that would be the very definition of us being naive.

 

Of the true cases of fraud in the BST over the last 10 years or so, every single one that I can remember was through one gifted form of payment or another. How many times have you read a case of this in the Deal or no Deal forum and then the person who got scammed admits they sent it Paypal friends and family. I will say, its nearly 100% of the time that I read those threads. Thats why we have always and will always have this rule.

 

Paypal offers protections for both the buyer and the seller, it may not be perfect, but its something. If you dont like using Paypal or you dont like this rule - you are free to pursue other avenues of purchase such as ebay.

  • Like 1

SIM Max 12* - Rogue Elite Green 65x
Callaway Apex 18* / 20* - Atmos Blue Tour Spec 8x
P790 6i / P770 5i-GW // Steelfiber 95s
Vokey SM8 Raw 54* / 58* / 62*
Scotty Golo 5R 35" / ProV1X Left Dash

Link to comment
Share on other sites

> @dcmidnight said:

> > @liskam said:

> > Why as a buyer can I not offer Venmo?

>

> I could come up with a long winded answer but the short one is - because. There are now over a quarter million registered users of this forum. To think there arent at least a few people out there who would attempt to defraud a member pool of this size - to me that would be the very definition of us being naive.

>

> Of the true cases of fraud in the BST over the last 10 years or so, every single one that I can remember was through one gifted form of payment or another. How many times have you read a case of this in the Deal or no Deal forum and then the person who got scammed admits they sent it Paypal friends and family. I will say, its nearly 100% of the time that I read those threads. Thats why we have always and will always have this rule.

>

> Paypal offers protections for both the buyer and the seller, it may not be perfect, but its something. If you dont like using Paypal or you dont like this rule - you are free to pursue other avenues of purchase such as ebay.

 

So instead of you letting adults be responsible for their own actions, you disallow perfectly acceptable forms of payment. Especially since the buyer can still gift through Paypal and get burned.

Callaway Rogue 10.5* Synergy 50
Callaway Rogue 3W Synergy 60
Callaway '18 Apex 3H, 4H Aldila NV 105

Taylormade Rocketbladez Tour “F” Heads 3-PW DG120 S300

Callaway Jaws CC 52*, 58* DGS300
Nike Method Mod 00

Link to comment
Share on other sites

> @achappy said:

> So instead of you letting adults be responsible for their own actions, you disallow perfectly acceptable forms of payment. Especially since the buyer can still gift through Paypal and get burned.

 

"Letting adults be responsible for their own actions" sounds nice in theory but experience has taught us that its not a very sound management style nor a BST policy.

 

 

  • Like 4

SIM Max 12* - Rogue Elite Green 65x
Callaway Apex 18* / 20* - Atmos Blue Tour Spec 8x
P790 6i / P770 5i-GW // Steelfiber 95s
Vokey SM8 Raw 54* / 58* / 62*
Scotty Golo 5R 35" / ProV1X Left Dash

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not sure why people have an issue with the board stating it's policy. It makes sense. They obviously can't police transactions so use what you want just don't start a thread complaining you got ripped off and used venmo.

  • Like 2

Callaway Epic Max LS / Fuji Ventus Black 7X                  

Callaway Epic Speed 15* / Fuji Ventus Blue 8X               

Cally Mav Pro 20*  / Fuji Ventus Black 10TX

Honma 737V / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX

Cally MD5 50*,54*,60* / Mitsu MMT 125TX

Odyssey Versa #6




 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

> @dcmidnight said:

> > @achappy said:

> > So instead of you letting adults be responsible for their own actions, you disallow perfectly acceptable forms of payment. Especially since the buyer can still gift through Paypal and get burned.

>

> "Letting adults be responsible for their own actions" sounds nice in theory but experience has taught us that its not a very sound management style nor a BST policy.

>

>

 

What a different world we would live in if all adults assumed responsibility for their own actions.

  • Like 1

TaylorMade SIM 10.5° | Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 60-S
TaylorMade M2 15° | Project X Evenflow Blue Handcrafted 75 6.0
TaylorMade SIM2 Rescue 19.5° | Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue 80S
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-5, Tour 6-PW | KBS Tour $-Taper 120 

Titleist Vokey SM7 50°, 54°, SM8 58° | Nippon N.S. PRO Modus³ 115

Odyssey 2-Ball Ten S
Titleist ProV1X 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1t2golf changed the title to ⚠️ DO NOT PAY WITH Paypal (Gifting/Friends and Family), VENMO, APPLE PAY, GOOGLE PAY, ZELLE, ... Merged w/(Bump warnings) 🚨🚨🚨
  • Gxgolfer pinned this topic
  • Buzzkill unlocked and locked this topic
  • Buzzkill unlocked this topic
  • Buzzkill locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Our picks

    • 2021 Fortinet Championship - Discussion and Links
      Please put and questions or comments here
       
       
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #1
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #2
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #3
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #4
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #5
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #6
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #7
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #8
       
       
      New Ping putter - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      New Bettinardi putters & Cover - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Ping Putters - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Odyssey putters - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Cameron putter and new ball marker - 2021 Fortinet Championship
       
       
      Sneds - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Peter Uihlein - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Charles Howell, III - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Scott Piercy - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Brandan Steele - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Mito Pereira - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Kevin Tway - WITB -2021 Fortinet Championship
      Joseph Bramlett - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
       
       
       
      • 19 replies
    • 2021 Tour Championship - Discussion and Comments
      Please put any questions or comments here
       
       
       
       
      Odyssey putters - 2021 Tour Championship
      LA Golf putter shafts - 2021 Tour Championship
       
       
       
      • 25 replies
    • 2021 BMW Championship - Discussion and Links
      Put any questions of comments here
       
       
      2021 BMW Championship - Tuesday #1
      2021 BMW Championship - Tuesday #2
      2021 BMW Championship - Tuesday #3
      2021 BMW Championship - Tuesday #4
      2021 BMW Championship - Tuesday #5
      2021 BMW Championship - Tuesday #6
      2021 BMW Championship - Tuesday #7
       
       
      Cameron T-11 & T-11.5 putters at 2021 BMW Championship
      Mizuno Pro FliHi and 225 irons - 2021 BMW CHampionship
       
       
       
      • 18 replies
    • 2021 Ping i59 irons & Glide Forged wedges in hand comparison pics!!!
      In hand pics of the new 2021 Ping i59 irons and Glide Forged wedges...
       

       
      Ping i59 7 iron
       

       
       
      Ping i59 PW
       

       
      Ping i59 Comparison Photos

       

       

       

       
       
       
       
      PING Glide Forged Wedges

       
      Ping Glide Eye Toe Wedge
       
        • Thanks
        • Like
      • 99 replies
    • 2021 The Northern Trust - Discussion and Links
      Please put any questions or comments here
       
       
       
      2021 The Northern Trust - Tuesday #1
      2021 The Northern Trust - Tuesday #2
      2021 The Northern Trust - Tuesday #3
      2021 The Northern Trust - Tuesday #4
      2021 The Northern Trust - Tuesday #5
      2021 The Northern Trust - Tuesday #6
      2021 The Northern Trust - Tuesday #7
       
       
      New Cameron for JT - 2021 The Northern Trust
      New Cameron putters for Garrick Higgo - 2021 The Northern Trust
      New Odyssey putter covers - 2021 The Northern Trust
       
       
      • 6 replies

×
×
  • Create New...