DO NOT PAY WITH Paypal (Gifting/Friends and Family), VENMO, APPLE PAY, GOOGLE PAY, ZELLE, ... Merged w/(Bump warnings)

...or any other payment service/method that does not provide buyer protection. We will remove ads that advertises these forms of payment.

Report anyone who uses an excuse like "My Paypal account is frozen." or insists on Paypal Gifting/Friends And Family.

Edited by 1t2golf
  • Like 1

Sic omnia fatis In peius ruere ac retro sublapsa referri...semper ubi sub ubi

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can we also remove ones with click bait titles or sob stories? I think post titles should only be able to include the items.

> @achappy said: > So instead of you letting adults be responsible for their own actions, you disallow perfectly acceptable forms of payment. Especially since the buyer can still gift through P

Not sure why people have an issue with the board stating it's policy. It makes sense. They obviously can't police transactions so use what you want just don't start a thread complaining you got ripp

> @Buzzkill said:

> Guess what! I'm deleting your ads since you're disrespecting your fellow members here, take care!

I like how even you guys are left in the dark.

As an example... there's a guy that commented on my BST Ad about 15 minutes ago.

No bump...which is a good thing.

Communication since the Forum change has been laughable...on all levels.

> @jj9000 said:

> > @Buzzkill said:

> > Guess what! I'm deleting your ads since you're disrespecting your fellow members here, take care!

>

> I like how even you guys are left in the dark.

>

> As an example... there's a guy that commented on my BST Ad about 15 minutes ago.

>

> No bump...which is a good thing.

>

> Communication since the Forum change has been laughable...on all levels.

Not seeing anything there goofy other than a PM notice.

Handicap:  3

> @Buzzkill said:

> > @jj9000 said:

> > > @Buzzkill said:

> > > Guess what! I'm deleting your ads since you're disrespecting your fellow members here, take care!

> >

> > I like how even you guys are left in the dark.

> >

> > As an example... there's a guy that commented on my BST Ad about 15 minutes ago.

> >

> > No bump...which is a good thing.

> >

> > Communication since the Forum change has been laughable...on all levels.

>

> Not seeing anything there goofy other than a PM notice.

>

>

That's my point. The Ad didn't get bumped with the PM comment.

Is this a new feature rollout?

Who knows? Not me. Not you.

Would be nice for you...a BST Mod...to know what the heck is happening...and when it's happening.

All I can say is that I'm removing duplicate posts i.e. members updating ad of sold items YET posting same info below in separate post. I'm doing this whether or not the ad is actually moving until software is good to go. Please realize this is my pet peeve and not necessarily the website's stance or opinion - if they disagree, they'll shut me down. Anyway, the site will be back to normal before long and then I can use my time more wisely elsewhere

Handicap:  3

> @jj9000 said:

> > @Buzzkill said:

> > > @jj9000 said:

> > > > @Buzzkill said:

> > > > Guess what! I'm deleting your ads since you're disrespecting your fellow members here, take care!

> > >

> > > I like how even you guys are left in the dark.

> > >

> > > As an example... there's a guy that commented on my BST Ad about 15 minutes ago.

> > >

> > > No bump...which is a good thing.

> > >

> > > Communication since the Forum change has been laughable...on all levels.

> >

> > Not seeing anything there goofy other than a PM notice.

> >

> >

>

> That's my point. The Ad didn't get bumped with the PM comment.

> Is this a new feature rollout?

> Who knows? Not me. Not you.

> Would be nice for you...a BST Mod...to know what the heck is happening...and when it's happening.

We all are adjusting to new processes. Currently ads need to be manually designated to unbump status.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

Good to know. Thanks as always gents!

WITB
- TI M3 - 10.5 w/ Haz Black or KK Proto 60s
- TI SLDR Mini 16* w/ Tp6HD  & TI Sldr Mini 14*w/ PX 7c3
- CBX 18* and 20* w/ Haz Yellow - 910 17-19* w Diamana
- Srixon z945’s w/s400 
- Tour Issue Cleveland CG10 54-60
-Putters  - VLine Tank wrist lock / Tank 1 Versa wrist lock / TC VLine WHP
Testing - Everything and Anything to try and improve. Golf is all what you make of it. 

> @liskam said:

> Why as a buyer can I not offer Venmo?

I could come up with a long winded answer but the short one is - because. There are now over a quarter million registered users of this forum. To think there arent at least a few people out there who would attempt to defraud a member pool of this size - to me that would be the very definition of us being naive.

Of the true cases of fraud in the BST over the last 10 years or so, every single one that I can remember was through one gifted form of payment or another. How many times have you read a case of this in the Deal or no Deal forum and then the person who got scammed admits they sent it Paypal friends and family. I will say, its nearly 100% of the time that I read those threads. Thats why we have always and will always have this rule.

Paypal offers protections for both the buyer and the seller, it may not be perfect, but its something. If you dont like using Paypal or you dont like this rule - you are free to pursue other avenues of purchase such as ebay.

SIM Max 12* - HZRDUS Smoke Green 6.5
SIM 15* 3W - Diamana 75s 
SIM 2i UDI Diamana Thump / 5i Steelfiber 95s
M5 6-AW Steelfiber 95s
TM Milled Grind 54* / 58*
Cleveland RTX 62*
Putter / TM TP5 Pix

> @dcmidnight said:

> > @liskam said:

> > Why as a buyer can I not offer Venmo?

>

> I could come up with a long winded answer but the short one is - because. There are now over a quarter million registered users of this forum. To think there arent at least a few people out there who would attempt to defraud a member pool of this size - to me that would be the very definition of us being naive.

>

> Of the true cases of fraud in the BST over the last 10 years or so, every single one that I can remember was through one gifted form of payment or another. How many times have you read a case of this in the Deal or no Deal forum and then the person who got scammed admits they sent it Paypal friends and family. I will say, its nearly 100% of the time that I read those threads. Thats why we have always and will always have this rule.

>

> Paypal offers protections for both the buyer and the seller, it may not be perfect, but its something. If you dont like using Paypal or you dont like this rule - you are free to pursue other avenues of purchase such as ebay.

So instead of you letting adults be responsible for their own actions, you disallow perfectly acceptable forms of payment. Especially since the buyer can still gift through Paypal and get burned.

PING G30 10.5* Hzrdus Smoke Yellow 60
PING G30 3W Hzrdus Smoke Yellow 70
Wishon Di595 Steelfiber i110

Taylormade RocketBladez Tour 3-PW Elevate Tour

Callaway Jaws CC 52*, 58*
Maltby PTM-4

> @achappy said:

> So instead of you letting adults be responsible for their own actions, you disallow perfectly acceptable forms of payment. Especially since the buyer can still gift through Paypal and get burned.

"Letting adults be responsible for their own actions" sounds nice in theory but experience has taught us that its not a very sound management style nor a BST policy.

• Like 3

SIM Max 12* - HZRDUS Smoke Green 6.5
SIM 15* 3W - Diamana 75s 
SIM 2i UDI Diamana Thump / 5i Steelfiber 95s
M5 6-AW Steelfiber 95s
TM Milled Grind 54* / 58*
Cleveland RTX 62*
Putter / TM TP5 Pix

Not sure why people have an issue with the board stating it's policy. It makes sense. They obviously can't police transactions so use what you want just don't start a thread complaining you got ripped off and used venmo.

• Like 2

Ping G410LST 9* / Fuji Ventus Black 7X                  

Cally Mav SZ 13.5* / Fuji Ventus Black 7X               

Cally Mav Pro 20*  / Fuji Ventus Black 10TX

Honma 737V / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX

Cally MD5 wedges / Mitsu MMT 125TX

> @dcmidnight said:

> > @achappy said:

> > So instead of you letting adults be responsible for their own actions, you disallow perfectly acceptable forms of payment. Especially since the buyer can still gift through Paypal and get burned.

>

> "Letting adults be responsible for their own actions" sounds nice in theory but experience has taught us that its not a very sound management style nor a BST policy.

>

>

What a different world we would live in if all adults assumed responsibility for their own actions.

• Like 1

In the Hoofer

TaylorMade M5 10.5° | Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Blue 60 S
TaylorMade M2 15° Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 70-S  
TaylorMade SIM Max Hybrid 19° Graphite Design Tour AD DI 85S  
Mizuno MP-20 MMC 4-PW | KBS Tour $-Taper 120 S 
Titleist Vokey SM7 50°, 54°, 58° KBS Tour 120 S 
Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
Titleist ProV1X 

• 1t2golf changed the title to DO NOT PAY WITH Paypal (Gifting/Friends and Family), VENMO, APPLE PAY, GOOGLE PAY, ZELLE, ... Merged w/(Bump warnings)
  • Buzzkill pinned this topic
  • Buzzkill unlocked and locked this topic
  • Buzzkill unlocked this topic
  • Buzzkill locked this topic