I think it must have been a miscommunication here and it's unfortunately the OP had said experience, but as noted above, I would say the majority of the customer interactions with Will has been positive. I, for one have had nothing but the best customer service and prompt communication via email from Will and I've been purchasing clubs/shafts from him for the last 3 years. YMMV I guess

Cobra Speedzone 9.5° Ventus Blue 6x | Callaway Epic Flash SZ 16.5° Ventus red 7x
Titleist 818 H2 19° Evenflow Black 6.0
Mizuno JPX 919F 4-PW Nippon 950GH stiff
Vokey SM7 52ºF /58ºD 
TM Spider X copper/ BGT Stability Tour shaft
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey guys, thanks for the emails and heads up, also thanks to everyone who stood up for us. So yeah I figured this would end up happening, usually when someone tries to intimidate me by threatening to

> @Krt22 said: > > @wobgon said: > > Everyone keeps saying they are sorry the OP had a bad experience......After reading his post, I would guess that he has a lot of bad experiences a

> @toc said: > Has there ever been one of these threads where it turns out the OP was justified and vindicated? Maybe the one about that putter refinishing company...   It's because the OP's

I've been thinking about getting clubs from Peoples. By the number of people here backing him up, I'm thinking I just might...

• Like 2

Bag 1                                                                 Bag 2
Ping G400 LST 10                                             Epon Technicity 9
Ping G400 3W 14.5                                          TM R9 3W 14
Ping G400 3H 19                                              Miura 3H 19
Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 5-P               Epon 503 4-P Nippon Super Peening Orange
Mizuno s18 50, 54, 58                                     Miura 51, 56 k-grind
Bettinardi BB1                                                  Scotty Cameron Newport 2

> @wobgon said:

> Everyone keeps saying they are sorry the OP had a bad experience......After reading his post, I would guess that he has a lot of bad experiences and I am having trouble feeling sorry that he had this one.

Agreed. HE had a bad experience, but a lot of it seems to stem from his own expectations. Sending ultimatums/deadlines to a small shop building boutique clubs generally doesn't work out well. His "investigative" work also seems a bit off. First his comment on golf works. He was to send them to Golf Works as an outside service, not necessarily to purchase from them (ie likely can purchase them direct) so not sure what that "point" has to do with anything. Lastly his reaching out to an "executive level contact" at a large OEM. What does that have to do with buying some Muiras with custom shafts from a small specialty builder? Seems like nothing more than a smear attempt because he didnt get his fancy clubs prior to his big trip

• Like 1

> @Krt22 said:

> > @wobgon said:

> > Everyone keeps saying they are sorry the OP had a bad experience......After reading his post, I would guess that he has a lot of bad experiences and I am having trouble feeling sorry that he had this one.

>

> Agreed. HE had a bad experience, but a lot of it seems to stem from his own expectations. Sending ultimatums/deadlines to a small shop building boutique clubs generally doesn't work out well. His "investigative" work also seems a bit off. First his comment on golf works. He was to send them to Golf Works as an outside service, not necessarily to purchase from them (ie likely can purchase them direct) so not sure what that "point" has to do with anything. Lastly his reaching out to an "executive level contact" at a large OEM. What does that have to do with buying some Muiras with custom shafts from a small specialty builder? Seems like nothing more than a smear attempt because he didnt get his fancy clubs prior to his big trip

I'm wondering what all the "excuses" were. Maybe they were valid?

Bag 1                                                                 Bag 2
Ping G400 LST 10                                             Epon Technicity 9
Ping G400 3W 14.5                                          TM R9 3W 14
Ping G400 3H 19                                              Miura 3H 19
Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 5-P               Epon 503 4-P Nippon Super Peening Orange
Mizuno s18 50, 54, 58                                     Miura 51, 56 k-grind
Bettinardi BB1                                                  Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Not sure what happened with your experience but I have been working with Will for several years. Have gotten a few tour heads from him, shafts, and couple club builds and have never had anything short of fantastic experiences.

• Like 1

Driver: Titleist TSi3 9* w/Diamana DF 70x

3 Wood: Titleist TSi 2 15* w/Fujikura Motore X F1 7x

Hyrbid: 2021 Apex Pro 18* w/Aldila Tour ATX Black 85x

Taylormade 3 UDI w/Project X Hzrdus Black 105 6.5

Irons: Ping iBlades 4-PW w/Project X 6.5

Wedges: SM8 Raw 52F & 58T grind w/Project X 6.0

Putter: Custom Slighter Tacoma

> @Krt22 said:

> > @wobgon said:

> > Everyone keeps saying they are sorry the OP had a bad experience......After reading his post, I would guess that he has a lot of bad experiences and I am having trouble feeling sorry that he had this one.

>

> Agreed. HE had a bad experience, but a lot of it seems to stem from his own expectations. Sending ultimatums/deadlines to a small shop building boutique clubs generally doesn't work out well. His "investigative" work also seems a bit off. First his comment on golf works. He was to send them to Golf Works as an outside service, not necessarily to purchase from them (ie likely can purchase them direct) so not sure what that "point" has to do with anything. Lastly his reaching out to an "executive level contact" at a large OEM. What does that have to do with buying some Muiras with custom shafts from a small specialty builder? Seems like nothing more than a smear attempt because he didnt get his fancy clubs prior to his big trip

You should re read how post. He was told everything would ship in a certain time frame. It did not. Then communication from Will stopped.

He only mentioned after many communications he was going away. Or something like that.

Again, I had a good experience with him. It doesn't mean his experience is invalid.

If you are in business long enough you have situation where time frames are missed. Products sent wrong etc... It's all in how you handle the problems. Not the easy stuff. Everyone can do easy.

When someone has a bad experience with a supplier on here that person is usually ripped a new one. I had a horrible experience with scratch golf. Clubs took like two months longer to get. Retail not custom. Communication started well and halted. The clubs were built badly and the specs were off. Now . I did not start a thread about it. I have chimed in on other threads to give my story. I am glad most people had a great experience with them. I however did not. It happens. I am sorry they went out business. The name was cool and their ideas were good. ( Hopefully National is here long haul. )

Just like in this case. Maybe both parties were having bad days or weeks. His experience is valid and he shouldn't be slammed for it or attacked personally.

I also agree some of the added information was not needed.

• Like 4

> @"flip flappy" said:

> Isn't Will a member on here? Seems like he used to be a regular poster but I don't remember seeing anything lately from him.

Yes he is, and used to be a sponsor if I'm not mistaken. Don't think you'll find too many here that have the same story the OP did. Will's credibility here speaks on it's own and much more reputable than someone that created their first post to rant because Will probably had better things to do than deal with it.

• Like 1

TM M3 440 w/ Speeder Evo II 6.1 TS
TM M5 14* Rocket w/ BB S+ 70  
Taylormade P790 2 UDI w/ DG 105R or M3 19* 5W w/ BB S+ 70

Titleist TS2 19* Hybrid w/ PX Evenflow Blue 85 6.0

4-PW Nike VR Pro MBs w/ DG AMT White R300
Kyoei 52/58 Personal Grinds w/ DG S400s
Odyssey MXM 1W

Will has been awesome to deal with over the years in my experiences.

• Like 1

[b]TM SIM Max 10.5* - GD AD-TP 6X
TM SIM 15* - GD AD-DI 7X
PING G410 19* - GD Tour AD-DI 8X
Honma T//World 747 V - KBS Tour $-Taper 130X
Mizuno T20 52/56/60 - TT TI S400
Byron Morgan DH89[/b]

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/992735-judge440-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

[url="https://www.instagram.com/judge44o/"]https://www.instagram.com/judge44o/[/url]

Personally have a few extremely positive experiences with Will, wherever the breakdown in communication occurred, hope OP is able to get a set sorted to his satisfaction from some source according to his desired timeline in near future.

• Like 1

Titleist 910d3 9.5* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Tour Edge Exotics cbx 16.5* Aldila RIP beta 80s 

Titleist 818h1 19* (a2 surefit) Fujikura Motore TS hb 8.8
Titleist 962b 3-pw s400
Vokey sm8 raw S 54* s400
Vokey sm8 raw M 60* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

Will is one the good guys on WRX. Very happy with my purchase from him and how he took care of every detail. Always let me know what was going on while I waited for the build to be completed and shipped out. OP will not discourage me from working with Will again and again.

Taylormade SIM 10.5*  Diamana ZF 60Tx

Taylormade SIM Ti 17* Diamana ZF 70Tx

PXG 0341X Gen2 21* Diamana Limited S+ 70s

Srixon ZX5 4 Modus 105s

Srixon ZX7 5-P Modus 120s

Cleveland Zipcore  50*,54*,58* DG Spinner Tour Issue

L.A.B. Golf B.2 LAGP TPZ ONE35

Taylormade TP5

> @MountainKing said:

> Business don't have to do business with anybody if they don't think it will benefit them. Businesses do have to make money and he probably viewed your sale as a risk with the deadline vs an easy sale in front of him. I probably wouldn't be huge on a customer giving me a deadline either, especially in a situation where I had to send something to another company and it was out of my hands.

>

> I'd be curious to see how the actual interactions between both were....and also interested in how the "authorities" part plays out.

It’s bad business. If they agreed on a price and this guy ordered his clubs with a 1.5 week window and after a month I tell you that I’m going out of town and I need my clubs that’s not unreasonable and for him to cancel order then that’s messed up. There are 2 sides to every story but for you guys to jump on the op out of the gate is a little premature. I for one have not had the best interactions with Will but whatever I just don’t buy stuff from him it’s that easy. If I was the OP and he’s telling the truth I’d be p$ssed too and as someone who runs a business i there are certain laws when you have an agreement I just don’t know who would really mess with it.

• Like 2

> @Huskiegolfer05 said:

> > @kcsf said:

> > Lol, good luck. You really think any government agency really cares that WP cancelled your order? A little perspective is in order here.

>

> I didn’t realize some of my original post did not post. It is the collection of taxes they will worry about not the canceling of the order.

>

If you’re insinuating that he isn’t a real business paying taxes you’re wrong.

Id probably have canceled your order too once you announced what had better happen when. You knew that “ pured” shafts requires a 3rd party vendor. That isn’t something that anyone can do in house as I understand. Isn’t that a proprietary process that only the PURE ordained machine can do ? So you’d have to know that his hands would be tied once going that route.

Now I would agree that he should have emailed you directly to cancel. But only as a courtesy. Canceling your order is the prerogative of any business owner. If you decide that the hassle isn’t worth the profit that’s what you do.

• Like 1

Mizuno ST-Z 9.5 Diamana TB 70TX 

Titleist ts2 16.5 * Tensei CK pro Blue 80TX

TM Sim tour 19*  Aldila proto 95TX  

Titleist T100 4-pw MMT 125TX 

Vokey sm7 50 54 58 MCI 125 mild  

Cameron GSS 009  1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights , head speed shaft. 

> @HiSpeed48 said:

> > @"Hot Rod 71" said:

> > OP, when did you place your order?

>

> The new Baby Blades were announced on Masters week, so probably sometime around then.

>

> The timeline just seems so short.

Not defending anyone here. I had Will quite me a build on 4 clubs the Monday after the Masters. They would take 3 weeks. He has been fast to reply to any questions I've had. And bought a shaft from him since then as well.

Without knowing dates of purchase it's hard to get an idea on this order.

• Like 1

> @wobgon said:

> Everyone keeps saying they are sorry the OP had a bad experience......After reading his post, I would guess that he has a lot of bad experiences and I am having trouble feeling sorry that he had this one.

Persactly. I’d bet dollars to dog p-o-o-p this is a slanted tale as well. Having been a business owner for 18 years I can tell you that it takes a good bit for me to tell someone to take their money and poke it. But when I do ( and I do) it’s for a good reason.

• Like 2

> @bladehunter said:

> > @wobgon said:

>

>

> Persactly. I’d bet dollars to dog p-o-o-p this is a slanted tale as well. Having been a business owner for 18 years I can tell you that it takes a good bit for me to tell someone to take their money and poke it. But when I do ( and I do) it’s for a good reason.

Ditto.

• Like 1

> @"mizuno player" said:

> > @Krt22 said:

> > > @wobgon said:

> > > Everyone keeps saying they are sorry the OP had a bad experience......After reading his post, I would guess that he has a lot of bad experiences and I am having trouble feeling sorry that he had this one.

> >

> > Agreed. HE had a bad experience, but a lot of it seems to stem from his own expectations. Sending ultimatums/deadlines to a small shop building boutique clubs generally doesn't work out well. His "investigative" work also seems a bit off. First his comment on golf works. He was to send them to Golf Works as an outside service, not necessarily to purchase from them (ie likely can purchase them direct) so not sure what that "point" has to do with anything. Lastly his reaching out to an "executive level contact" at a large OEM. What does that have to do with buying some Muiras with custom shafts from a small specialty builder? Seems like nothing more than a smear attempt because he didnt get his fancy clubs prior to his big trip

>

> You should re read how post. He was told everything would ship in a certain time frame. It did not. Then communication from Will stopped.

> He only mentioned after many communications he was going away. Or something like that.

> Again, I had a good experience with him. It doesn't mean his experience is invalid.

>

> If you are in business long enough you have situation where time frames are missed. Products sent wrong etc... It's all in how you handle the problems. Not the easy stuff. Everyone can do easy.

>

> When someone has a bad experience with a supplier on here that person is usually ripped a new one. I had a horrible experience with scratch golf. Clubs took like two months longer to get. Retail not custom. Communication started well and halted. The clubs were built badly and the specs were off. Now . I did not start a thread about it. I have chimed in on other threads to give my story. I am glad most people had a great experience with them. I however did not. It happens. I am sorry they went out business. The name was cool and their ideas were good. ( Hopefully National is here long haul. )

>

> Just like in this case. Maybe both parties were having bad days or weeks. His experience is valid and he shouldn't be slammed for it or attacked personally.

> I also agree some of the added information was not needed.

>

Cool story, bro.

> @MountainKing said:

> > @Huskiegolfer05 said:

> > > @MountainKing said:

> > > Unless something has change din the last 10 days, Florida does not require an online store to collect sales tax... https://miamiherald.typepad.com/nakedpolitics/2019/04/senators-look-to-require-all-online-retailer-collect-florida-sales-tax.html

> > > And TaylorMade generally won't warranty any tour issue equipment regardless of who it was bought from. I'm guessing most of it isn't suppose to end up in our hands.....I thought that was generally known.

> >

> > Florida requires the collection of a 6% “use tax” by online retailers. Similar but not the same

> >

> >

>

> And from Florida's dept of rev site, the payment of the tax is on you, not the retailer, if the retailer doesn't collect it. Good luck with your complaints....

>

> "If an out-of-state seller fails to collect sales tax, it is your responsibility to comply with Florida law. You must submit payment directly to the Florida Department of Revenue. (This payment is required by section 212.06(8), Florida Statutes.) You can file and pay use tax online, or complete an Out-of- State Purchase Return (Form DR-15MO PDF Icon). If the tax owed is less than one dollar, you do not have to file a return."

> > @MountainKing said:

> > Business don't have to do business with anybody if they don't think it will benefit them. Businesses do have to make money and he probably viewed your sale as a risk with the deadline vs an easy sale in front of him. I probably wouldn't be huge on a customer giving me a deadline either, especially in a situation where I had to send something to another company and it was out of my hands.

> >

> > I'd be curious to see how the actual interactions between both were....and also interested in how the "authorities" part plays out.

>

> It’s bad business. If they agreed on a price and this guy ordered his clubs with a 1.5 week window and after a month I tell you that I’m going out of town and I need my clubs that’s not unreasonable and for him to cancel order then that’s messed up. There are 2 sides to every story but for you guys to jump on the op out of the gate is a little premature. I for one have not had the best interactions with Will but whatever I just don’t buy stuff from him it’s that easy. If I was the OP and he’s telling the truth I’d be p$ssed too and as someone who runs a business i there are certain laws when you have an agreement I just don’t know who would really mess with it.

>

>

What would you have them do. Lie and string him along ? You can literally read the entitlement on this guys posts. “ executive level contact form a large oem “. Goodness. I’d say will cut bait late. He should have sniffed this one out

Sooner.

• Like 1

> @bjno1300 said:

> > @MountainKing said:

> > Business don't have to do business with anybody if they don't think it will benefit them. Businesses do have to make money and he probably viewed your sale as a risk with the deadline vs an easy sale in front of him. I probably wouldn't be huge on a customer giving me a deadline either, especially in a situation where I had to send something to another company and it was out of my hands.

> >

> > I'd be curious to see how the actual interactions between both were....and also interested in how the "authorities" part plays out.

>

> It’s bad business. If they agreed on a price and this guy ordered his clubs with a 1.5 week window and after a month I tell you that I’m going out of town and I need my clubs that’s not unreasonable and for him to cancel order then that’s messed up. There are 2 sides to every story but for you guys to jump on the op out of the gate is a little premature. I for one have not had the best interactions with Will but whatever I just don’t buy stuff from him it’s that easy. If I was the OP and he’s telling the truth I’d be p$ssed too and as someone who runs a business i there are certain laws when you have an agreement I just don’t know who would really mess with it.

>

>

Protecting your business from bad customers is not bad business. They made the choice to accept bad press over moving forward. That's a bold move and this is why I'd be curious to see the interactions. The OP reeks of entitlement and is trying to report a company on not charging tax when paying the tax is on him. I know there's two sides, but it's pretty easy to read between the lines on this one.

• Like 2

Taylormade M3 8.5* Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 73x Taylormade M3 3 Wood Accra FX 300 Taylormade M3 5 wood Accra FX 300 Rocketbladez Tour 4-PW TT X100 MG2 50/54/58 S400 TM Itsy Bitsy

> @Krt22 said:

> > @"mizuno player" said:

> > > @Krt22 said:

> > > > @wobgon said:

> > > > Everyone keeps saying they are sorry the OP had a bad experience......After reading his post, I would guess that he has a lot of bad experiences and I am having trouble feeling sorry that he had this one.

> > >

> > > Agreed. HE had a bad experience, but a lot of it seems to stem from his own expectations. Sending ultimatums/deadlines to a small shop building boutique clubs generally doesn't work out well. His "investigative" work also seems a bit off. First his comment on golf works. He was to send them to Golf Works as an outside service, not necessarily to purchase from them (ie likely can purchase them direct) so not sure what that "point" has to do with anything. Lastly his reaching out to an "executive level contact" at a large OEM. What does that have to do with buying some Muiras with custom shafts from a small specialty builder? Seems like nothing more than a smear attempt because he didnt get his fancy clubs prior to his big trip

> >

> > You should re read how post. He was told everything would ship in a certain time frame. It did not. Then communication from Will stopped.

> > He only mentioned after many communications he was going away. Or something like that.

> > Again, I had a good experience with him. It doesn't mean his experience is invalid.

> >

> > If you are in business long enough you have situation where time frames are missed. Products sent wrong etc... It's all in how you handle the problems. Not the easy stuff. Everyone can do easy.

> >

> > When someone has a bad experience with a supplier on here that person is usually ripped a new one. I had a horrible experience with scratch golf. Clubs took like two months longer to get. Retail not custom. Communication started well and halted. The clubs were built badly and the specs were off. Now . I did not start a thread about it. I have chimed in on other threads to give my story. I am glad most people had a great experience with them. I however did not. It happens. I am sorry they went out business. The name was cool and their ideas were good. ( Hopefully National is here long haul. )

> >

> > Just like in this case. Maybe both parties were having bad days or weeks. His experience is valid and he shouldn't be slammed for it or attacked personally.

> > I also agree some of the added information was not needed.

> >

> Cool story, bro.

>

Cool response bro....?

You must be fun at parties.

Figured Will would stop in to set the record straight. Likely some things that both sides could’ve/would’ve done differently, but it sounds like Will tried to handle this the best he could. Add me to the long list of people who have had a good experience with Peoples Clubs and I’m glad they are involved with GolfWRX.

• Like 1

Taylormade SIM 10.5* - Fujikura Ventus Black 6x
Callaway Alpha 816 15* - Diamana B 80x
Adams MB2 Raw Tour Issue 4-PW - KBS CTaper 120
Bridgestone J15 50.08 - DG Tour Issue S400
Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 54.09 - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge
Scotty Cameron Milspec 350
Bridgestone Tour B XS