2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

The Peoples Clubs

Huskiegolfer05

After hearing both sides, I know who I'd rather deal with. OP comes off like a real Delta Bravo, especially with the big-timing "do you know who I know?" attitude.

• Like 1

**Driver:** TaylorMade SIM Max 9° **|** Ventus Black 7 Velocore **3wd:** Titleist TS2 15° (C1) **|** Diamana D+ LTD 70 **Hybrid:** Callaway Apex 18° **|** AD-DI 95 **Irons:** Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 4 iron **|** AD-DI 95**/** JPX 919 Forged 5-PW **|** Recoil 95 **Wedges:** Vokey SM8 raw 50°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°M (Handground A) **|** DG Black Onyx **Putters:** Byron Morgan DH 89 WITB: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1505670/goirish17s-witb-updated-end-of-page-2#latest

> @willpeoples said:

> Hey guys, thanks for the emails and heads up, also thanks to everyone who stood up for us. So yeah I figured this would end up happening, usually when someone tries to intimidate me by threatening to make a post on WRX thats the last time we will talk to them. Funny enough I had actually planned on going ahead and fulfilling this order anyways just to get rid of this guy, like someone else said I should have sniffed him out way sooner...

>

> So what happened here is Chris emailed us 4/9 about these Miura irons. We offered to get everything for him and I also informed him off the free bag sale we had and offered to extend it to him on this deal too. We have been very busy this year, busier than I would like and our turnaround has been averaging 2 to 3 weeks, sometimes even longer, which either way is longer than I would like. I usually try tell everyone that upfront, especially on an iron build as they take a little longer, especially if we have to go source the shafts, grip, etc. We usually try to keep one of each product in stock but its not always possible, we needed to order the shafts Chris wanted. With Chris I told him on 4/11 "we should see the shafts back from being pured late next week and ship then." To be honest I should have told him they would take more like 2 to 3 weeks, I was optimistic we could get these done a little sooner, I didn't expect Tiger to win (although i should have, haha) believe it or not things got a little busier after that.

>

> Chris also wanted all of the shafts weighted and CPM sorted as well as pured. When we weight sort and CPM match we ensure that every shaft fits that set, often times they don't and we will send one or two back and get a different shaft that would fit that set better. Which is exactly what happened, we had to send a couple shafts back and get some replacements, which I told him, apparently thats one of my excuses. We don't have 20 sets of new shafts here to choose from and IMO the whole point of CPM and weight sorting is to ensure that the set is consistent so if they are not we will make sure they are... I told him originally that we would need to order the shafts, get them shipped here, then get them sent off for puring (as we don't do it in house) then they would need to be shipped back. All of this adds time and cost. I offered to send Chris what we had at the time, which was everything minus the shafts. I also offered to have the shafts sent straight to him after puring to which he declined. Again trying to save him as much time as possible and work with him as much as possible.

>

> Now heres where it gets frustrating for me, he emailed me asking for an update 4/15, 4/16, 4/19, 4/22, 4/23, 4/24. Every time I responded in a timely manner with what he interpreted to be an excuse. Whats frustrating to me is he acts like or thinks we are just purposely delaying his order. When nothing could be further from the truth, we expedite orders in the order the come in, its not fair to prioritize his stuff over someone else, we take care of everything as fast as we can. Im working 70 to 80 hours a week right now, I've got my builder here for nearly 50 hours a week, and an administrative assistant here 40 hours a week packing and unpacking boxes. We are doing the best we can to get stuff built as timely as possible, last night I packed boxes until 7PM just trying to get caught up. Ive got two kids under 3 who's childhood I'm basically missing out on to bust my **** and give this business everything I've got. Funny thing to me too is Chris is in business, he should understand more than someone else who's not how hard it can be to run a business and how many sacrifices you must make. So when I don't respond to an email over the weekend, thats why. So finally on 4/24 Chris decided that he needed to relay his sense or urgency to me, well that was the final straw. Here is his exact email, the reason I cancelled this order and choose not to fulfill it.

>

> "Being I started this almost a month in advance I didn't worry about timeline in giving your business a chance.  Candidly XXXXX gets me all my orders in 3-4 days.  I have also dealt with GolfWorks Puring a fair bit through XXXXX.  Thing is he weighs and CPMs on Monday sends out that day has them back on Friday and I have them on Tuesday, thats why Im growing concerned and frustrated."

>

> This really rubbed me the wrong way, I sat on it for 24 hours and decided how to take it and what to do, my final decision was to cancel the order. I did not appreciate his comments, his demeanor and his entitledness, after all it had been 15 days from the time he originally emailed me and he's griping about a month... Not even 15 days from the time the cash was sent, but 15 days from the first email. I sent him an email (not automated) that said his email really rubbed me the wrong way and I don't think he's the right fit for our business. To be honest I much rather not have the stress of this order lingering over my head, especially with a customer like this. The silly thing to me is, he would have had the clubs in his hand within 3 weeks from the original purchase, shipping included which I offered to upgrade to Overnight for free to get everything to him as soon as possible. I much rather focus on good business with customers who don't feel the need to threaten me with their high level contacts... Chris not only made a stink on here, also with his high level contacts, but also with Miura and he basically threatened me that my Miura account would be in jeopardy if I did not send him his stuff. He also threatened on here to file a complaint with the BBB as well as report me for not paying sales tax which Florida currently isn't enrolled in Streamlined Sales Tax Registration System. IMO this further demonstrates the kind of person/customer he is. Clearly here this guy is used to having stuff faster than we normally do and he's gonna be upset and gripe if we don't, hence this post. Thats not the kind of customer we want and thats exactly what I told him.

>

> Correct we don't publish our number because we are too busy to field constant calls and inquires, currently its all directed to my email which is no doubt overwhelming at times. I would love to hire someone else to field calls and I'm in the process of doing so. Correct we sell tour heads and correct they are not warrantied by the OEM. However we stand behind EVERYTHING we sell with not only a full satisfaction guarantee but we also stand behind everything with a full one year warranty, tour clubs included so not really sure what that has to do with anything but thanks for mentioning and thanks for mentioning the tax as well. We are currently in the process of setting up tax tables but considering every state has a different threshold and tax percentage is different for every county its a bit overwhelming and funny enough Florida isn't even registered on Streamlined Sales Tax Registration System yet. Which we are... If there were any tax due we usually pay that for the customer ourselves, I've been doing this with NC people for a while as I didnt feel right charging people in state tax when we didn't have to charge everyone else tax. Furthermore I find it hard to believe that golf works was disclosing to you what I have purchased from them and I will take that up with them. We don't purchase any shafts from the golf works, however it is kinda amusing to me that you acknowledge these shafts are rare but then gripe when they take a little longer to come in...

>

> And yes we are still a sponsor on here, not nearly as involved as I wish we had time to be but we've also started sharing most of our content on our subforum. Check it out and thanks for the opportunity to earn your guys business.

Honestly thanks for taking the time to post and set the record straight. If I ever get to a place where I can afford a higher end setup I will be starting with you after that post. I mean it took Ping 3 weeks to get me a set of i210s with a retail shaft offering in green dot...Cannot imaging have a set built to these specifications in that short amount of time. I have a two children under 4 and worked about the 70+ hours this past week and honestly kudos for even responding to emails! I stopped responding to my emails after Wednesday!

• Like 1

Has there ever been one of these threads where it turns out the OP was justified and vindicated? Maybe the one about that putter refinishing company...

• Like 2

Glove: ML
Tees: 2 3/4
Towel: white
Repair tool: metal
Ball Marker: largest poker chip in the world
Iron headcovers: wait, what?

The feedback system is annoying

> @toc said:

> Has there ever been one of these threads where it turns out the OP was justified and vindicated? Maybe the one about that putter refinishing company...

It's because the OP's of these threads come here with an agenda, and they only supply the details that will support that agenda. They then take these half-truth details, sprinkle in hyperbole, and expect everyone to jump on their bandwagon and deliver a damaging blow to the retailer that didn't bow to their pressure. "You better do what I want, or else I will blow you up on social media, GolfWRX, etc..."

Unfortunately, the whole truth usually surfaces eventually (or members see through the obvious holes in the story), and the OP ends up looking like a crappy customer with an agenda, a sense of entitlement, and a willingness to bend the truth to get what they want.

• Like 3

**Driver:** TaylorMade SIM Max 9° **|** Ventus Black 7 Velocore **3wd:** Titleist TS2 15° (C1) **|** Diamana D+ LTD 70 **Hybrid:** Callaway Apex 18° **|** AD-DI 95 **Irons:** Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 4 iron **|** AD-DI 95**/** JPX 919 Forged 5-PW **|** Recoil 95 **Wedges:** Vokey SM8 raw 50°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°M (Handground A) **|** DG Black Onyx **Putters:** Byron Morgan DH 89 WITB: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1505670/goirish17s-witb-updated-end-of-page-2#latest

This thread is much ado about nothing, except showing that Will Peoples is a good business. OP should know that buying a custom set and getting it super quickly do not go hand in hand. Peoples did nothing wrong from what I can tell. OP just appears to want to get his way and find opportunities to complain. Contacting the BBB? Contacting industry contacts? They are just going to roll their eyes.

• Like 1

> @straightshot7 said:

> This thread is much ado about nothing, except showing that Will Peoples is a good business. OP should know that buying a custom set and getting it super quickly do not go hand in hand. Peoples did nothing wrong from what I can tell. OP just appears to want to get his way and find opportunities to complain. Contacting the BBB? Contacting industry contacts? They are just going to roll their eyes.

“Executive level contacts”. Please don’t small time this big timer.

• Like 3

I'm more disappointed that the OP actually thought PURE'ing would amount to jack **** for him. You have shafts that have >99.5% radial quality...and you're paying to have the shafts Spined/PURE'd etc?

That may be the worst part of this whole story.

Think that 7-iron PURE'ing job was gonna get him that extra yard over that bunker from 172 yards out? Nope. Best of luck with the fried egg, bud.

• Like 2

Thanks for posting @willpeoples ! I held my tongue but the OP absolutely wreaked of entitlement, your post further confirmed this. It was clear in the OP that was the case, with his "repeated emails" to get a response, even though he let the cat out of the bag saying the "repeated" emails and the cancellation in fact happened within the span of a single business day.

I really wish the ignore/block feature will return so I can block this clown. I won't hesitate to send my next custom order your way.

• Like 1

> @jj9000 said:

> I'm more disappointed that the OP actually thought PURE'ing would amount to jack **** for him. You have shafts that have >99.5% radial quality...and you're paying to have the shafts Spined/PURE'd etc?

>

> That may be the worst part of this whole story.

>

> Think that 7-iron PURE'ing job was gonna get him that extra yard over that bunker from 172 yards out? Nope. Best of luck with the fried egg, bud.

It wasnt even about that, it was to brag to his cronies on his next big golf trip, that he was playing custom built, pured, baby blades. Look at me chad, look at me!

• Like 1

Just came back and saw Will had been by.

Just to clarify in case the OP comes in. I don’t know Will. I’ve never ordered from him. But I’ve I’m not blind and have at least gnats sense so I know that he wouldn’t have been around as long as he has if he wasn’t on the up and up. Also being a small business myself I detest this type “ customer”. They have no intention of making a fair deal where both sides profit. They are out to squeeze every ounce they can and will result to tactics like this to essentially black mail a small business into submission. This is an example of the potential downside of the internet for a small guy. If Will were lesser known he could easily have been run under the bus here. And as we can see that Would have been wrong. So when you see me give the business the benefit of the doubt first , always. This is exactly why. I’ve been on wills side of this type tactic. It’s not fun.

I mean the guy emailing nearly every day for a week asking the same damn question. That’s the type crap that I’m talking about. It’s a passive aggressive move to attempt to irritate into submission. And it’s poor form at best and assholish and immature at worst.

• Like 1

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I have absolutely no dog in this fight. I'm a "hey, this looks interesting!" from the used rack kind of guy, not a "bespoke golf club" kinda guy. But can I gently suggest that a mod edit the thread title, in case someone is Googling this company and comes across the thread title?

• Like 2

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5 deg.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 3L

Srixon ZX 3 hybrid

Ping S55 irons

Ping Glide 3.0 54 & 60 deg.

Odyssey White Hot Versa #1

> @bladehunter said:

> > @MountainKing said:

> > > @Huskiegolfer05 said:

> > > > @MountainKing said:

> > > > Unless something has change din the last 10 days, Florida does not require an online store to collect sales tax... https://miamiherald.typepad.com/nakedpolitics/2019/04/senators-look-to-require-all-online-retailer-collect-florida-sales-tax.html

> > > > And TaylorMade generally won't warranty any tour issue equipment regardless of who it was bought from. I'm guessing most of it isn't suppose to end up in our hands.....I thought that was generally known.

> > >

> > > Florida requires the collection of a 6% “use tax” by online retailers. Similar but not the same

> > >

> > >

> >

> > And from Florida's dept of rev site, the payment of the tax is on you, not the retailer, if the retailer doesn't collect it. Good luck with your complaints....

> >

> > "If an out-of-state seller fails to collect sales tax, it is your responsibility to comply with Florida law. You must submit payment directly to the Florida Department of Revenue. (This payment is required by section 212.06(8), Florida Statutes.) You can file and pay use tax online, or complete an Out-of- State Purchase Return (Form DR-15MO PDF Icon). If the tax owed is less than one dollar, you do not have to file a return."

>

>

> > > @MountainKing said:

> > > Business don't have to do business with anybody if they don't think it will benefit them. Businesses do have to make money and he probably viewed your sale as a risk with the deadline vs an easy sale in front of him. I probably wouldn't be huge on a customer giving me a deadline either, especially in a situation where I had to send something to another company and it was out of my hands.

> > >

> > > I'd be curious to see how the actual interactions between both were....and also interested in how the "authorities" part plays out.

> >

> > It’s bad business. If they agreed on a price and this guy ordered his clubs with a 1.5 week window and after a month I tell you that I’m going out of town and I need my clubs that’s not unreasonable and for him to cancel order then that’s messed up. There are 2 sides to every story but for you guys to jump on the op out of the gate is a little premature. I for one have not had the best interactions with Will but whatever I just don’t buy stuff from him it’s that easy. If I was the OP and he’s telling the truth I’d be p$ssed too and as someone who runs a business i there are certain laws when you have an agreement I just don’t know who would really mess with it.

> >

> >

> What would you have them do. Lie and string him along ? You can literally read the entitlement on this guys posts. “ executive level contact form a large oem “. Goodness. I’d say will cut bait late. He should have sniffed this one out

> Sooner.

>

>

Like I said I haven’t been the biggest Will fan but after his response I would of handled it the same way. I give him props for handling this guy. This guy threatening him is uncalled for and he deserved to have it cancelled. Props to Will. Only suggestion would be pay attention to those 3 year olds they will be 10 before you know it.

• Like 1

I see the OP has gone silent and has not been on the forum since the evening of 4/26. I guess the first page of comments he received weren't to his liking and decided to abandon his own thread as a result. Poor guy......

• Like 1

PXG Black Ops 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 6X

PXG Gen 5 0311 15* - Aldila Tour Blue 75X

PXG  Gen 5 0311 19* - Aldila Tour Blue 85X

PXG 0311T Gen 5 4-P - DG120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

Well this one was fairly predictable.

Brand new member comes in and with his first post attacks a long standing and veteran member.

A few other members jump on the attack train but most either remain neutral or rise to the defense of the veteran member.

Veteran member comes to the thread and tell the whole story and not just an agenda driven portion.

The new member goes dark and as often as not is never seen nor heard from again.

Veteran member actually gains business because they showed just how honorable they are and why they are so respected.

Those few who joined the attack wonder off to other threads to see if more pile on fun can be found.

Kudos to WP for coming in and taking the time to set the record straight. I'd do business with him in a heartbeat. As for the OP, odds are he's still coming in anonymously to see what's being said but he won't post in this thread again.

Like I said, these sorts of threads are really predictable....

• Like 2

Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Steelhead 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

Had one order from Will a couple years back and it was a wonderful experience. Would 100% look to order from again.

How much do we want to bet OP is actually a more experienced user here that used the “new” member account to post just in case this kind of thing happened? (You know where we all figure out he’s a complete tool and look to ban him)

Guys like this OP give golfers a bad name.

• Like 1

I rarely if ever post. Just enjoy coming to site but had to comment on this. I recently purchased a set of irons from Will mostly because of the positive things I’ve heard about him on this site. My experience was extremely positive. He was great to communicate with and provided a great experience. He has a customer for life.

• Like 1

All Titleist

Serious question though, where do people like Will get this stock of Tour gear? Not trying to stir the pot, just wondering.

• Like 1

Callaway Triple Diamond LS 9* | Diamana D Limited 60tx

Titleist TSi3 15* | Ventus TR 7x

Titleist TSi3 18* | Ventus TR 8x
Srixon ZX7 4-p | DG x100
Vokey SM8 50|54|58 - DG x100
Scotty Newport 2
TP5x 

I'll be honest, I started reading this post: 1) because of the post title trashing a guy who seems to be pretty beloved around these parts, and 2) because when I'm bored on a late Friday or Saturday night, this is exactly the forum that I come to for a little entertainment, hoping for a couple of alcohol-inspired members to be going at it in the court of public opinion over some trade gone bad.

What makes me laugh about this one in the end was the OP's desire to trash WP seems to have ended with the OP (I'm guessing) making his debut into GolfWRX a one-night-stand and WP ending up coming out of this with more sympathy, a better reputation, and possibly more business due to the free advertising this got him. Good show, boys!

• Like 1

Tour Edge c721/HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX

Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 3 wood/UST Elements MK
Ping g410 4h Tensei blue, Ping g425 6h Tensei orange

Maltby TS3 6-Gap w/Nippon N.S. Pro 1050GH

SnakeEyes 685BX 52*/Callaway Jaws Raw 58Z

TP Mills Sycamore Hakd Made, flow neck pencil shaft, 342 grams, Grip Master Roo FL27

Carbon Ringo wide-flange, slant neck, 330 grams

> @BogeyLJA said:

> Serious question though, where do people like Will get this stock of Tour gear? Not trying to stir the pot, just wondering.

I don't know about Will Peoples and he probably wouldn't want it disclosed.

But, in general, it can be gotten from a number of places. Manufacturers can never predict which clubs players will ultimately game, and always provide an excess for testing different versions. E.g. let's give Tiger 5 M5's to his specs and see which one he likes best.

Anyone on the distribution chain could end up with these excess clubs. Tour club reps, tour van techs, pros on staff, and the manufacturer could have excess inventory. If you have the right relationships you can swoop in and buy this stuff because they have nothing else to do with it, except keep it, give it to their friends or try to sell it themselves.

• Like 1

If I may- playing devil's advocate. Folks coming in here insinuating or saying outright that Will squashed OP...I'm not sure that's the case.

4/11 saying order would ship out end of next week- which is 4/19. That's about a week and a half. But Will acknowledged that this year it's been 2-3 weeks average. So right off the bat, the proper expectations for the customer weren't set. Especially w/shafts pured and sorted. And this is before any potential snags come into play.

The incessant OP emails were unnecessary and annoying, though in the end OPs concerns about timing were validated.

Will mentioned Tiger winning masters seemingly as a factor in the delayed order. But 4/11 is a Thursday Tiger won 4/14 Sunday. And Will said they do them in order. So the Masters really wouldn't have much impact on OP, he got his in before the rush.

Is there a response to why the golf works told OP they weren't doing any work under Will's account? Will said some shafts were done others needed to be sent back? Had they been sent back? Why didn't golf works have any info on that when OP called? I may have missed that somewhere in the discussion.

To me, it sounds like Will was hurt by OP's comments about another vendor getting work done faster, and so Will escalated things by canceling the order. That's really his only way to strike back at the customer. And that's when most of OPs nastiness came into play. But again- only after Will cancelled. If the order was THAT close to completion, why not just fulfill? How much work had really been done on this order that he was willing to cancel? He said himself he's working long weeks...but can still afford the supposed sunk costs on OPs order? All because of a few annoying emails and referencing someone can do work faster?

Will says OP would've had the irons on the 3-week mark...problem is that's double the original quoted time. I don't know too many people happy when something takes double the quoted time, no matter the delays. Nobody's ever happy with me if for some reason something I'M doing takes double the quoted time. Even if part of it is out of my hands as it was Will's in this case.

• Like 3