Ping's new G410 LST driver

Ping has a higher lofted head they will exchange for me ... good times ... top level customer service again

Ping G400 Max Fuji Ventus Red 6x

Ping G400 5w 16.5* Blueboard 73x 

Cally Apex '16 3h 20* KK Silver 80x

Cally Apex '16 4h 23* KK Silver 80x

Srixon ZX7 5i  AD DI di 95x 

Srixon ZX7 6 - PW Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120s
Vokey SM2 50*, SM2 TVD M 56* & 60*, SM2 64.07

Scotty GoLo 7

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

> @swizbeatz said: > Expected to pick this up on release but my g400 Max is so good I’ll probably wait until we get demos in. New adaptor from the 400?   Mine came in Wednesday.   Max is d

> @matchavez said: > > @TheMoneyShot said: > 9 minutes of "it does what the marketing says". Honestly, he's a master reviewer. Never says anything disqualifying. >   Crossfield rev

Played a round this morning with the LST       Personal feeling vs G400 Max -Looks better Size/Crown/Color -Sounds a little more solid at impact -Adjustability is a big positive. Love the flat l

Played the 410LST today. I'm not allowed to say the words I want to say here. The 400LST is excellent, and feels fabulous. And yet, the 410 for me today was SO good today off my misses... I hit one today off the bottom of the face, and it went 90%. I outdrove people with a >1 inch centre miss. That's so far out of what I expected, I can tell you I know where my bonus is going.

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.

Got on Trackman tonight

Best numbers with Aldila 50tx

Almost back to where I was 2 years ago before the back went sideways

Maxed at 107.8 and 1.49 smash

Here's the kicker ,,, fitter gave me a 3.5g weight for the toe ... so toe and centre ... boom, way more toe forgiveness with the "double weighting"

More speed and less spin than the 400 , doesn't feel as good though

• Like 1

Scotty GoLo 7

> @youngunz5840 said:

> My 9* got in today. Weighed the head and it came in at 205g weighed the demo head I was borrowing and it was at 203g. What is everyone else’s heads coming in at?

My 9* head is 203g

Ping G400 LST 8.5* w/ Tensei Pro White 70 TX
TM '17 M2 15* w/ Kurokage Dual Core 80 TX
TM P790 UDI 2 w/ KBS Tour 130x
Titleist 718 CB w/ KBS $ Taper 130x
Fourteen Raw RM 22 50, 54, 58 w/ KBS 610 Tour Black Nickel
Scotty Cameron Circle T Futura 6M[/b][/color][/font][/size][/font][/size]

> @KPH808 said:

> > @youngunz5840 said:

> > My 9* got in today. Weighed the head and it came in at 205g weighed the demo head I was borrowing and it was at 203g. What is everyone else’s heads coming in at?

>

> My 9* head is 203g

It depends on the shaft and length...

PING G410 9 Flat(HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5/Ventus Black 7x)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G425 LST 14.5 (Speeder Tour Spec 7.2x)

PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)

NIKE Vapor Fly 20* Iron (Modus105x HS)

PING i500 20* iron (DG105x100)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock

I ordered mine with the tour 65 x-stiff and I’m very impressed with it. Very smooth and very straight. I’m around 120 SS and always end up aftermarket. But the tour 65 took all I gave it and produced a high and flat flight. This was all with range balls so I’ll see how it does on the course. So far I’m very surprised. If I can buy something off the shelf that works well, that will save me an extra $200-300 in shaft chasing.

Still debating on throwing a Ping tip on my Aldila Rogue Silver 130 MSI 60TX and trying it out, or just selling it with the Titleist tip. Hoping to give it a go on the course this weekend and figure out what to do.

Driver: Cobra SZ Xtreme 9° HZRDUS Green 6.5
Fairway: G410 LST EF Black 6.5 Handcrafted 75 & G410 5 Wood EF Black 6.5 Handcrafted 85
Irons: Mizuno JPX 919T 4-PW PX 6.5
Wedges: Mizuno T20 50/55/60 S400
Putter: Taylormade Spider Tour Copper

> @cardoustie said:

> Got on Trackman tonight

> Best numbers with Aldila 50tx

> Almost back to where I was 2 years ago before the back went sideways

> Maxed at 107.8 and 1.49 smash

> Here's the kicker ,,, fitter gave me a 3.5g weight for the toe ... so toe and centre ... boom, way more toe forgiveness with the "double weighting"

> More speed and less spin than the 400 , doesn't feel as good though

Yep. Two weights is the ticket.

I tell you. I’m very impressed with the spin killing capabilities of this head . I’ve got on a great shaft loft combo and I’m not turning back. Happy to be Taylormade free !

• Like 1

Titleist tsi2 10* Mitsubishi TB 70x 

Titleist ts2 16.5 * Tensei CK pro Blue 80TX

Cobra F9  7 wood 22.5 blue board 80TX 

Titleist T100 4-pw  

Vokey sm7 50*54*58*v grind

Cameron GSS 009  1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights , head speed shaft. 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @cardoustie said:

> > Got on Trackman tonight

> > Best numbers with Aldila 50tx

> > Almost back to where I was 2 years ago before the back went sideways

> > Maxed at 107.8 and 1.49 smash

> > Here's the kicker ,,, fitter gave me a 3.5g weight for the toe ... so toe and centre ... boom, way more toe forgiveness with the "double weighting"

> > More speed and less spin than the 400 , doesn't feel as good though

>

> Yep. Two weights is the ticket.

>

> I tell you. I’m very impressed with the spin killing capabilities of this head . I’ve got on a great shaft loft combo and I’m not turning back. Happy to be Taylormade free !

what weight combo r u using blade?

Scotty GoLo 7

I tried mine with 3 different Pro Orange shafts (real deal)....all in slightly different positions while also seated differently within their respective adapters. While they were good (not great), I was a bit inconsistent and almost traded the head away. Then, on a whim, I decided to pick up the stock Alta CB red, but in "X" flex, and it's transformed this thing into a monster. I'm hitting mine, straighter and longer than anything ever before. It really is remarkable....and I said the same thing about my G400Max from last year. I am 10000% sold on this bad boy.

• Like 1

PING G410 LST 9* - "Tour Issue" ALTA RED "X" 
PING G410 15* - MITZ TENSEI PRO ORANGE 70X
PING G410 17* & 19* - MITZ TENSEI BLUE X & EF BLACK X
TAYLORMADE BLACK P790's - SPECIAL, TOUR ISSUE, BLACK KBS TOUR V 125'S (HSx1)
CALLAWAY PM2 54* X & 58* X - ORIGINAL PX Satin 5.5's (HSx1)
ODYSSEY STROKE LAB EXO 7S - CUSTOM
2017 BRIDGESTONE B330 Tour #1's & TITLEIST PRO V #1'X

> @Hifade said:

> I tried mine with 3 different Pro Orange shafts (real deal)....all in slightly different positions while also seated differently within their respective adapters. While they were good (not great), I was a bit inconsistent and almost traded the head away. Then, on a whim, I decided to pick up the stock Alta CB red, but in "X" flex, and it's transformed this thing into a monster. I'm hitting mine, straighter and longer than anything ever before. It really is remarkable....and I said the same thing about my G400Max from last year. I am 10000% sold on this bad boy.

The stock Alta CB Red outperforming the Pro Orange! That’s wild! Would love to see that comparison on a monitor.

• Like 1

Fairway: G410 LST EF Black 6.5 Handcrafted 75 & G410 5 Wood EF Black 6.5 Handcrafted 85

> @pollock21 said:

> > @Hifade said:

> > I tried mine with 3 different Pro Orange shafts (real deal)....all in slightly different positions while also seated differently within their respective adapters. While they were good (not great), I was a bit inconsistent and almost traded the head away. Then, on a whim, I decided to pick up the stock Alta CB red, but in "X" flex, and it's transformed this thing into a monster. I'm hitting mine, straighter and longer than anything ever before. It really is remarkable....and I said the same thing about my G400Max from last year. I am 10000% sold on this bad boy.

>

> The stock Alta CB Red outperforming the Pro Orange! That’s wild! Would love to see that comparison on a monitor.

>

>

If it doesn’t fit you it doesn’t fit you. Guys that go out and buy a $400 shaft thinking it is game changing might want to rethink their approach

Taylormade Sim2 (9*) Fuji ventus black 6x
Titleist TS3 18* fuji ventus black 8x 

Taylormade P790 3 iron. Aldila RIP 105x 
Taylormade p750 4-PW PX6.5 
Cleveland RTX4 50/54/58 s400 TI
Oddessey 7CS Tour 

> @Kale_m said:

> > @pollock21 said:

> > > @Hifade said:

> > > I tried mine with 3 different Pro Orange shafts (real deal)....all in slightly different positions while also seated differently within their respective adapters. While they were good (not great), I was a bit inconsistent and almost traded the head away. Then, on a whim, I decided to pick up the stock Alta CB red, but in "X" flex, and it's transformed this thing into a monster. I'm hitting mine, straighter and longer than anything ever before. It really is remarkable....and I said the same thing about my G400Max from last year. I am 10000% sold on this bad boy.

> >

> > The stock Alta CB Red outperforming the Pro Orange! That’s wild! Would love to see that comparison on a monitor.

> >

> >

> If it doesn’t fit you it doesn’t fit you. Guys that go out and buy a $400 shaft thinking it is game changing might want to rethink their approach

>

My post was 100% sincere. I wasn’t trying to be smart at all. I just meant it would be hilarious to see that shaft beating the pro orange on a monitor printout.

My Dad is gaming the Alta CB in stiff and he’s hitting it great. Felt like a wet noodle to me but actually performed fine the one time I hit it. I just put a $400 shaft on the shelf to give the tour 65 a go and I’m liking it a lot so far.

> @Want2GetGood said:

> Anyone with G400 LST experience prepared to go on record and tell me why I need to replace it with this model?

>

Yes, I need this info as well.

Ping G425 LST 9*
Ping G400 3W

Ping G425 Max 7W
Ping G410 4H, 5H, 6H
Ping G425 7H

Ping G410 8-U

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye 2 54*

Ping G410 L
SC Special Select NP2 35”

I played the G400 LST all last year before selling it and grabbing a TS3. It was a great driver. I think the 410 is more forgiving and adjustable which give it a slight nod. Haven’t seen it on a monitor with my gamer setup so no idea where the numbers are. Feel is different. I think the G410 has a more solid feel while the 400 LST had a more springy feel.

It’s an improvement, but I wouldn’t say anything ground breaking. If the adjustable weight or flat settings will help you out, it’s likely worth the upgrade.

TXG has a good head to head video up on YouTube. The 410LST won the driver shootout so they did a final video against the winner from last year which was Matt’s G400 LST. So it’s a good head to head. G410 won out based on most of the things I mentioned above. Worth a watch.

> @Want2GetGood said:

> Anyone with G400 LST experience prepared to go on record and tell me why I need to replace it with this model?

>

> @Want2GetGood said:

>

Spin reduction and the flat lie angle adjustment.

• Like 1

Titleist T100 4-pw  

> @cardoustie said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @cardoustie said:

> > > Got on Trackman tonight

> > > Best numbers with Aldila 50tx

> > > Almost back to where I was 2 years ago before the back went sideways

> > > Maxed at 107.8 and 1.49 smash

> > > Here's the kicker ,,, fitter gave me a 3.5g weight for the toe ... so toe and centre ... boom, way more toe forgiveness with the "double weighting"

> > > More speed and less spin than the 400 , doesn't feel as good though

> >

> > Yep. Two weights is the ticket.

> >

> > I tell you. I’m very impressed with the spin killing capabilities of this head . I’ve got on a great shaft loft combo and I’m not turning back. Happy to be Taylormade free !

>

> what weight combo r u using blade?

I have a 4g in the toe and 6g in the heel. Plus neural hotmelt. Suits my fade to a T. But also I can turn it left if need be. Very neutral feeling head.

Titleist T100 4-pw  

No different than lead tape

Guys were monster styling their GBB w 2 weights

Scotty GoLo 7

Hit my plus 9* at the range again tonight (-1* and flat). I just don’t see how the LST could be any better? I swing At 122 mph and this thing is unreal.

Taylormade Sim2 (9*) Fuji ventus black 6x
Titleist TS3 18* fuji ventus black 8x 

Taylormade P790 3 iron. Aldila RIP 105x 
Taylormade p750 4-PW PX6.5 
Cleveland RTX4 50/54/58 s400 TI
Oddessey 7CS Tour 

@Hifade said:

> I tried mine with 3 different Pro Orange shafts (real deal)....all in slightly different positions while also seated differently within their respective adapters. While they were good (not great), I was a bit inconsistent and almost traded the head away. Then, on a whim, I decided to pick up the stock Alta CB red, but in "X" flex, and it's transformed this thing into a monster.

No wonder, the Alta CB X is the stiffest shaft in the lineup, Marty Jertson had one in his G410 Plus in the PGA Champ, not sure did he game it or the T1100 he had in another driver in that bag also.

![](http://gwrxmedia.golfwrx.com/media/photos/298fe26b13a6e57b1737d4ced18419a3.jpg "")

> @drvrwdge said:

> The whole 2 weight thing may work but....!

>

I tried 2 weights also but it was very clear to me from the start that it's not designed for that, the performance and feel was lacking.. Wouldn't recommend also.

Cobra SpeedZone 10,5° Tensei CK Orange 60X 48" / Ping G410 16°  KBS TD Category3 / Ping G410 Crossover 23° Hzrdus Smoke 90 6.0 / Ping iBlade 4-PW Modus3 105S / Ping Glide3.0 52/56° PingZ / Ping Glide Forged 60° DG TI S400 / Scotty Cameron Phantom X 12,5 33,5" Stability Tour Shaft / Bridgestone Tour B XS

“ not designed for that “. Lol

they aren’t designed for hotmelt either. Or they are and it’s the Same exact idea. Moving weight around. Not a design element thing. It’s a personal preference thing. I did it initially to add head weight for feel. But found that splitting them with more favoring heel made my fade fool proof. As in no left at all. That’s an advantage that’s perfectly legal. “ design” has nothing to do with it.

Titleist T100 4-pw  

> @Kale_m said:

> Hit my plus 9* at the range again tonight (-1* and flat). I just don’t see how the LST could be any better? I swing At 122 mph and this thing is unreal.

Only difference I saw was spin reduction. And if you don’t need that I agree with you. And it’s not huge mind you. 300-400 rpm for me. But for me that hit the sweet spot of carry and control.

Titleist T100 4-pw  

> @bladehunter said:

> “ not designed for that “. Lol

>

> they aren’t designed for hotmelt either. Or they are and it’s the Same exact idea. Moving weight around. Not a design element thing. It’s a personal preference thing. I did it initially to add head weight for feel. But found that splitting them with more favoring heel made my fade fool proof. As in no left at all. That’s an advantage that’s perfectly legal. “ design” has nothing to do with it.

Im not arguing it may work for you but when the word comes directly from the man who engineered it I tend to take a little stock in it. I'd also argue they are designed for hotmelt since most drivers now have ports built in for injecting. Plus tour pro's are suing hotmelt and I was curious if any were doing the dual weights. The obvious answer is no.

Titleist TSi3 Ventus Black 6x
Ping G410 14.5 Ventus Blue 7x
Ping G410 19H Tensei Blue TX
TBD

Cleveland Zipcore 52MID/56LOW/60MID

Ping Sigma 2 Tyne Stealh, Stealth shaft. PP58 Black Cord
Snell MTB-X
Jones Trouper 2.0

> @bladehunter said:

> > @Want2GetGood said:

> > Anyone with G400 LST experience prepared to go on record and tell me why I need to replace it with this model?

> >

>

> > @Want2GetGood said:

> > Anyone with G400 LST experience prepared to go on record and tell me why I need to replace it with this model?

> >

>

> Spin reduction and the flat lie angle adjustment.

I have the 400, which replaced a G30. I think the 410 looks better mostly because I was never a big fan of the visible dragonfly stuff. Sound is different but not better or worse where my ears found it a difference maker. As others have said, if the moveable weights, wider adjustability, or flatter lie help you it could be worthwhile. From a performance perspective numbers were slightly better, but I didn't think it would improve my game enough to justify the outlay.