Jump to content

Ping's new G410 LST driver


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

> @swizbeatz said: > Expected to pick this up on release but my g400 Max is so good I’ll probably wait until we get demos in. New adaptor from the 400?   Mine came in Wednesday.   Max is d

> @matchavez said: > > @TheMoneyShot said: > 9 minutes of "it does what the marketing says". Honestly, he's a master reviewer. Never says anything disqualifying. >   Crossfield rev

Played a round this morning with the LST       Personal feeling vs G400 Max -Looks better Size/Crown/Color -Sounds a little more solid at impact -Adjustability is a big positive. Love the flat l

> @b2bbirdies said:

> How are the stock shaft offerings for the G410 LST?

 

Awesome.......I have both the Tour and the Alta Red in "X" and the Alta in "X" is no slouch at all. Great numbers in the LST and looooooooog.

PING G410 LST 9* - "Tour Issue" ALTA RED "X" 
PING G410 15* - MITZ TENSEI PRO ORANGE 70X
PING G410 17* & 19* - MITZ TENSEI BLUE X & EF BLACK X
TAYLORMADE BLACK P790's - SPECIAL, TOUR ISSUE, BLACK KBS TOUR V 125'S (HSx1)
CALLAWAY PM2 54* X & 58* X - ORIGINAL PX Satin 5.5's (HSx1)
ODYSSEY STROKE LAB EXO 7S - CUSTOM
2017 BRIDGESTONE B330 Tour #1's & TITLEIST PRO V #1'X

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @"3 Jack Par" said:

> > @Unteachable said:

> > For those of you who had the g400lst and have moved to the g410lst and have monitor numbers-did you see any increase in ball speed? And for the those without numbers any increase in on course distance?

> > I play the g400lst now and hit an epic flash subzero and it average 4-5 more mph of ball speed and I’m curious if the new ping can keep up

>

> Before the G410 LST, I was playing the EF SZ, and the numbers on the monitor were great, but on course results were terrible. I stuck with it for close to 20 rounds thinking it would come around, since I'd been using the Epic SZ previously and did well with it, but the problem was that while I could get great ball speed/spin numbers, and hit some really long drives when I hit it on the button, that head really punished my misses, and I hit a lot of foul balls with it. I switched to the G410 LST based on prior experience with Ping, and I've gotten the forgiveness I was looking for. While the EF SZ may be a little longer on my best swings, I'm finding the G410 LST keeps up with it pretty well, and it's much more forgiving. I was playing a course that I play all the time earlier this week, and on two different holes that round, I was in spots that were farther than I ever remember being on those holes, and not because of any extreme wind or firmness. If your main concern is maximum distance, you probably won't do better than the EF SZ, but my experience was that I'm much better on the golf course with the G410 LST. I never hit the G400 LST, so I can't compare those.

> A few key stat differences before and after I switched to the LST: Score average: 81.2 v. 74.4, GIR - 9.5 v. 12.1 (some of that is improved iron play, but a lot of it is not taking penalty strokes or punching out after tee shots). Penalty strokes: 1.5 v. 0.6 (both before and after, most of my penalty shots come from tee shots). Fairways hit: 46% v. 56%.

 

Pretty good stats. Even with the increased ball speed, I just wasn't wowed with with the EFsubzero at the outdoor demo. Im just comfortable with Ping. Im sitting on enough worldwide golf shops gift cards to buy a new driver, but only want to upgrade if the ball speed is better. I will have to give it a demo.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The 410 is easier to aim on target with the less busy crown (no visiable dragonfly). And the 410 has a better sleeve. For whatever reason, the 410 is much more accurate for me. I'd go with the one that works best for you. Fairways are great as well.

PING G410 9 Flat(HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5/Ventus Black 7x)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G425 LST 14.5 (Speeder Tour Spec 7.2x)

PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)

NIKE Vapor Fly 20* Iron (Modus105x HS)

PING i500 20* iron (DG105x100)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I could have sold 3 410 lst’s last night in my men’s night group. Just eating up The sprinkler line. In a field full of great driver choices, the 410lst is just a solid performer for me. When I can turn a driver both ways in control. You know it’s well balanced , forgiving and low spin.

  • Like 1

 

Titleist tsi2 10* Mitsubishi TB 70x 

Titleist ts2 16.5 * Tensei CK pro Blue 80TX

Cobra F9  7 wood 22.5 blue board 80TX 

Titleist T100 4-pw  

Vokey sm7 50*54*58*v grind

Cameron GSS 009  1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights , head speed shaft. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @bladehunter said:

> I think I could have sold 3 410 lst’s last night in my men’s night group. Just eating up The sprinkler line. In a field full of great driver choices, the 410lst is just a solid performer for me. When I can turn a driver both ways in control. You know it’s well balanced , forgiving and low spin.

 

Exactly the way I feel. This driver is really easy for me to work in either direction. I can produce bullets with it or let it fly high. Pretty awesome for a low spin head. I'm using the 9 degree in standard loft and neutral setting with Tour AD IZ 6x.

USGA Index: ~0

[b]WITB[/b]:
Ping G410 LST 9 degree - Tour AD IZ 6x
Ping G410 LST - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Kasco K2K 33 - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - Tour 95 shaft
Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
Taylormade HiToe 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
Taylormade HiToe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
Taylormade TP5X Ball

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @dpb5031 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > I think I could have sold 3 410 lst’s last night in my men’s night group. Just eating up The sprinkler line. In a field full of great driver choices, the 410lst is just a solid performer for me. When I can turn a driver both ways in control. You know it’s well balanced , forgiving and low spin.

>

> Exactly the way I feel. This driver is really easy for me to work in either direction. I can produce bullets with it or let it fly high. Pretty awesome for a low spin head. I'm using the 9 degree in standard loft and neutral setting with Tour AD IZ 6x.

 

Exactly my findings. High fades , low bullet draws , or high drawing bombs. And I’m 3 multi day tournaments and 5-6 other rounds in. So well past any honeymoon stage.

 

I did find it to be shaft sensitive. I landed in a shaft that I’d never expected to love. A tensei pro orange V2 70TX . Very good feeling combo , not boardy as it sounds , quite smooth and powerful.

  • Like 1

 

Titleist tsi2 10* Mitsubishi TB 70x 

Titleist ts2 16.5 * Tensei CK pro Blue 80TX

Cobra F9  7 wood 22.5 blue board 80TX 

Titleist T100 4-pw  

Vokey sm7 50*54*58*v grind

Cameron GSS 009  1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights , head speed shaft. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @Commack350Z said:

> Do most of you notice big difference in flight when you put the weight in fade or draw setting? This is a big selling point for me but I'm not sure if it make any difference.

 

In most heads it's a 16g weight so yes it makes a big difference

Titleist TSi3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black 6X                  

Taylormade SIM2 Ti 15* / Fuji Ventus Black 7X               

Cally Mav Pro 20*  / Fuji Ventus Black 10TX

Honma 737V / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX

Cally MD5 50*,54*,60* / Mitsu MMT 125TX

Odyssey Versa #6




 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone on here go from a Cobra F9 to the 410 lst? I'm thinking of making the switch myself as I would like more adjustability. My drives with the F9 are creeping further right and right as it goes on. Being able to move the weight from heel to toe and vice versa appeals to me. Talk me into the 410 lst please. It's only been a few months since I swapped out drivers and let's face it, that's far too long to go without changing it on golfwrx.

Titleist TSi3 - Fujikura Motore X F3 6X

Ping G425 - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 85 X

Ping G410 - Ventus Blue HB 9X 

Srixon Z Forged PW-4I - Oban CT 125X

Cleveland RTX 4 - Dynamic Gold S400

PXG Gen 2 Brandon Putter

Srixon Z Star XV

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @jjmurry said:

> Anyone on here go from a Cobra F9 to the 410 lst? I'm thinking of making the switch myself as I would like more adjustability. My drives with the F9 are creeping further right and right as it goes on. Being able to move the weight from heel to toe and vice versa appeals to me. Talk me into the 410 lst please. It's only been a few months since I swapped out drivers and let's face it, that's far too long to go without changing it on golfwrx.

 

Yes, I bought the F9 after a demo day to replace my GMax. It definitely gave me the best numbers in terms of ball speed & spin, but in the end, it wasnt as reliable directionally for me. I switched to the 410 LST and it's been great. Longer and lower spin than GMax, and more accurate than the F9

  • Like 1

USGA Index: ~0

[b]WITB[/b]:
Ping G410 LST 9 degree - Tour AD IZ 6x
Ping G410 LST - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Kasco K2K 33 - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - Tour 95 shaft
Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
Taylormade HiToe 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
Taylormade HiToe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
Taylormade TP5X Ball

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @dpb5031 said:

> > @jjmurry said:

> > Anyone on here go from a Cobra F9 to the 410 lst? I'm thinking of making the switch myself as I would like more adjustability. My drives with the F9 are creeping further right and right as it goes on. Being able to move the weight from heel to toe and vice versa appeals to me. Talk me into the 410 lst please. It's only been a few months since I swapped out drivers and let's face it, that's far too long to go without changing it on golfwrx.

>

> Yes, I bought the F9 after a demo day to replace my GMax. It definitely gave me the best numbers in terms of ball speed & spin, but in the end, it wasnt as reliable directionally for me. I switched to the 410 LST and it's been great. Longer and lower spin than GMax, and more accurate than the F9

 

I can't imagine the distance difference is much more than a yard or two here and there is it?

Titleist TSi3 - Fujikura Motore X F3 6X

Ping G425 - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 85 X

Ping G410 - Ventus Blue HB 9X 

Srixon Z Forged PW-4I - Oban CT 125X

Cleveland RTX 4 - Dynamic Gold S400

PXG Gen 2 Brandon Putter

Srixon Z Star XV

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @jjmurry said:

> > @dpb5031 said:

> > > @jjmurry said:

> > > Anyone on here go from a Cobra F9 to the 410 lst? I'm thinking of making the switch myself as I would like more adjustability. My drives with the F9 are creeping further right and right as it goes on. Being able to move the weight from heel to toe and vice versa appeals to me. Talk me into the 410 lst please. It's only been a few months since I swapped out drivers and let's face it, that's far too long to go without changing it on golfwrx.

> >

> > Yes, I bought the F9 after a demo day to replace my GMax. It definitely gave me the best numbers in terms of ball speed & spin, but in the end, it wasnt as reliable directionally for me. I switched to the 410 LST and it's been great. Longer and lower spin than GMax, and more accurate than the F9

>

> I can't imagine the distance difference is much more than a yard or two here and there is it?

 

Hard to tell. Easy to fall in love with Trackman numbers, but "on course" is a different deal. Since I've been playing the LST, fairways have been really soft but I'm still loving the combo of control plus distance.

USGA Index: ~0

[b]WITB[/b]:
Ping G410 LST 9 degree - Tour AD IZ 6x
Ping G410 LST - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Kasco K2K 33 - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - Tour 95 shaft
Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
Taylormade HiToe 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
Taylormade HiToe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
Taylormade TP5X Ball

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @jjmurry said:

> > @dpb5031 said:

> > > @jjmurry said:

> > > Anyone on here go from a Cobra F9 to the 410 lst? I'm thinking of making the switch myself as I would like more adjustability. My drives with the F9 are creeping further right and right as it goes on. Being able to move the weight from heel to toe and vice versa appeals to me. Talk me into the 410 lst please. It's only been a few months since I swapped out drivers and let's face it, that's far too long to go without changing it on golfwrx.

> >

> > Yes, I bought the F9 after a demo day to replace my GMax. It definitely gave me the best numbers in terms of ball speed & spin, but in the end, it wasnt as reliable directionally for me. I switched to the 410 LST and it's been great. Longer and lower spin than GMax, and more accurate than the F9

>

> I can't imagine the distance difference is much more than a yard or two here and there is it?

 

For me over m6 Kkxts combo it is a really big difference in carry. I’ve always been a high spin guy. And something about my impact spots on the LST are just spin killers. The ball just comes off straight unless I try to really work it. And just goes and goes. True. You’re going to say it’s “ because of an ill fitting driver “. Sure. But this combo is the longest one by 20 yards I’ve hit since I had a repeatable swing which was when the SLDR came out . So in 4-5 years I’ve owned any driver you can name ( try me ) and none are close to this one in spin and control. Lethal combo. Usually you lose spin and sacrifice some control. Not so here.

  • Like 2

 

Titleist tsi2 10* Mitsubishi TB 70x 

Titleist ts2 16.5 * Tensei CK pro Blue 80TX

Cobra F9  7 wood 22.5 blue board 80TX 

Titleist T100 4-pw  

Vokey sm7 50*54*58*v grind

Cameron GSS 009  1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights , head speed shaft. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @bladehunter said:

> > @jjmurry said:

> > > @dpb5031 said:

> > > > @jjmurry said:

> > > > Anyone on here go from a Cobra F9 to the 410 lst? I'm thinking of making the switch myself as I would like more adjustability. My drives with the F9 are creeping further right and right as it goes on. Being able to move the weight from heel to toe and vice versa appeals to me. Talk me into the 410 lst please. It's only been a few months since I swapped out drivers and let's face it, that's far too long to go without changing it on golfwrx.

> > >

> > > Yes, I bought the F9 after a demo day to replace my GMax. It definitely gave me the best numbers in terms of ball speed & spin, but in the end, it wasnt as reliable directionally for me. I switched to the 410 LST and it's been great. Longer and lower spin than GMax, and more accurate than the F9

> >

> > I can't imagine the distance difference is much more than a yard or two here and there is it?

>

> For me over m6 Kkxts combo it is a really big difference in carry. I’ve always been a high spin guy. And something about my impact spots on the LST are just spin killers. The ball just comes off straight unless I try to really work it. And just goes and goes. True. You’re going to say it’s “ because of an ill fitting driver “. Sure. But this combo is the longest one by 20 yards I’ve hit since I had a repeatable swing which was when the SLDR came out . So in 4-5 years I’ve owned any driver you can name ( try me ) and none are close to this one in spin and control. Lethal combo. Usually you lose spin and sacrifice some control. Not so here.

 

That's refreshing haha! I'm actually going to get fit for this one - I was semi fit into the F9 based upon me just trying the head on a shaft i really liked. I've also tried the TS3 which i simply couldn't like due to it spinning so much. I'm a high spin guy myself so I'm willing to do what it takes! Thanks for the feedback.

Titleist TSi3 - Fujikura Motore X F3 6X

Ping G425 - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 85 X

Ping G410 - Ventus Blue HB 9X 

Srixon Z Forged PW-4I - Oban CT 125X

Cleveland RTX 4 - Dynamic Gold S400

PXG Gen 2 Brandon Putter

Srixon Z Star XV

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @J13 said:

> > @Commack350Z said:

> > Do most of you notice big difference in flight when you put the weight in fade or draw setting? This is a big selling point for me but I'm not sure if it make any difference.

>

> In most heads it's a 16g weight so yes it makes a big difference

Significant improvement for me when moving weight to fade setting, from hook tendencies to straight bullets.

 

Taylormade M1 '17 9,5° UST Elements Platinum Prototype PT6F5
Callaway X-Hot Pro 15° Diamana Kai'li 70 [Cobra Radspeed Big Tour Rdx Blue 70 6.5 on order]
Ping G410 Crossover 20° Tensei Blue 80 TX
Wilson Staff FG Tour V6 Irons 4-PW True Temper X100 AMT
Mizuno T5 52° & 56° True Temper Gold S300
Nike Method Core 01W
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @Hifade said:

> > @b2bbirdies said:

> > How are the stock shaft offerings for the G410 LST?

>

> Awesome.......I have both the Tour and the Alta Red in "X" and the Alta in "X" is no slouch at all. Great numbers in the LST and looooooooog.

@Hifade how would you describe the tour vs the Alta red? I ordered mine with the tour and it has really impressed me. I have a 60TX Rogue 130 MSI that I was planning on throwing a tip on, but the tour has been so good I might actually just sell it.

 

After reading some of the comments about the Alta red, I’m really curious about it. I think someone on here said that Jertson plays that one and it is one of the stiffest tip shafts they offer. Curious what your thoughts are on it vs the tour. I might try and find a red in X to try out.

 

Driver: Cobra SZ Xtreme 9° HZRDUS Green 6.5
Fairway: G410 LST EF Black 6.5 Handcrafted 75 & G410 5 Wood EF Black 6.5 Handcrafted 85
Irons: Mizuno JPX 919T 4-PW PX 6.5
Wedges: Mizuno T20 50/55/60 S400
Putter: Taylormade Spider Tour Copper

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @pollock21 said:

> > @Hifade said:

> > > @b2bbirdies said:

> > > How are the stock shaft offerings for the G410 LST?

> >

> > Awesome.......I have both the Tour and the Alta Red in "X" and the Alta in "X" is no slouch at all. Great numbers in the LST and looooooooog.

> @Hifade how would you describe the tour vs the Alta red? I ordered mine with the tour and it has really impressed me. I have a 60TX Rogue 130 MSI that I was planning on throwing a tip on, but the tour has been so good I might actually just sell it.

>

> After reading some of the comments about the Alta red, I’m really curious about it. I think someone on here said that Jertson plays that one and it is one of the stiffest tip shafts they offer. Curious what your thoughts are on it vs the tour. I might try and find a red in X to try out.

>

 

I have the same Rogue 130 in mine and it is a great combo

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @pollock21 said:

> > @Hifade said:

> > > @b2bbirdies said:

> > > How are the stock shaft offerings for the G410 LST?

> >

> > Awesome.......I have both the Tour and the Alta Red in "X" and the Alta in "X" is no slouch at all. Great numbers in the LST and looooooooog.

> @Hifade how would you describe the tour vs the Alta red? I ordered mine with the tour and it has really impressed me. I have a 60TX Rogue 130 MSI that I was planning on throwing a tip on, but the tour has been so good I might actually just sell it.

>

> After reading some of the comments about the Alta red, I’m really curious about it. I think someone on here said that Jertson plays that one and it is one of the stiffest tip shafts they offer. Curious what your thoughts are on it vs the tour. I might try and find a red in X to try out.

>

 

Jertson most definitely does not play the Alta Red, he's in a PX T1100 6.5 as of the PGA Championship. It is by no means the stiffest tipped shaft they offer either as its documented on their site as a mid launch. It's been well documented the Ping Tour shafts are essentialy an Elements Chrome though not sure if the Tour is counterbalanced or not. Interestingly as well per the Ping site the Tour 70 is tip trimmed 1" which I didn't realize. The Tour is a very good shaft and I'd say if it works then just roll with it. The Rogue will have a stiffer tip for sure though which not everyone needs. The 60TX in the 130msi is a beast. Im over 118mph and it took all i could throw at it. I had the Silver, not sure if thats the same one you have. There's a Black and a White profile as well.

Titleist TSi3 Ventus Black 6x
Ping G410 14.5 Ventus Blue 7x
Ping G410 19H Tensei Blue TX
TBD

Cleveland Zipcore 52MID/56LOW/60MID

Ping Sigma 2 Tyne Stealh, Stealth shaft. PP58 Black Cord
Snell MTB-X
Jones Trouper 2.0

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @drvrwdge said:

> > @pollock21 said:

> > > @Hifade said:

> > > > @b2bbirdies said:

> > > > How are the stock shaft offerings for the G410 LST?

> > >

> > > Awesome.......I have both the Tour and the Alta Red in "X" and the Alta in "X" is no slouch at all. Great numbers in the LST and looooooooog.

> > @Hifade how would you describe the tour vs the Alta red? I ordered mine with the tour and it has really impressed me. I have a 60TX Rogue 130 MSI that I was planning on throwing a tip on, but the tour has been so good I might actually just sell it.

> >

> > After reading some of the comments about the Alta red, I’m really curious about it. I think someone on here said that Jertson plays that one and it is one of the stiffest tip shafts they offer. Curious what your thoughts are on it vs the tour. I might try and find a red in X to try out.

> >

>

> Jertson most definitely does not play the Alta Red, he's in a PX T1100 6.5 as of the PGA Championship. It is by no means the stiffest tipped shaft they offer either as its documented on their site as a mid launch. It's been well documented the Ping Tour shafts are essentialy an Elements Chrome though not sure if the Tour is counterbalanced or not. Interestingly as well per the Ping site the Tour 70 is tip trimmed 1" which I didn't realize. The Tour is a very good shaft and I'd say if it works then just roll with it. The Rogue will have a stiffer tip for sure though which not everyone needs. The 60TX in the 130msi is a beast. Im over 118mph and it took all i could throw at it. I had the Silver, not sure if thats the same one you have. There's a Black and a White profile as well.

Thanks for clearing some of this up. I do have the silver model. It’s tipped 1/2” and I was gaming it in my TS3. It was an odd shaft for me. When I made a good swing it was stable and buttery smooth with awesome feel. If it was a bad swing it felt boardy and all over the place. I’ve never had a shaft where feel changed so much depending on the swing I put on it.

 

I’m just a little faster than your SS but not by much, but there is nothing smooth or easy about anything in my swing lol. The tour is smooth as silk and almost feels like it plays a flex softer but performs like an X. It’s one of the first stock offerings I’ve tried in a long time that I could actually game.

 

Driver: Cobra SZ Xtreme 9° HZRDUS Green 6.5
Fairway: G410 LST EF Black 6.5 Handcrafted 75 & G410 5 Wood EF Black 6.5 Handcrafted 85
Irons: Mizuno JPX 919T 4-PW PX 6.5
Wedges: Mizuno T20 50/55/60 S400
Putter: Taylormade Spider Tour Copper

Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting.

 

I am supposed to get my G410 LST tomorrow. I went with the Tour shaft with all the good reviews in this thread. I currently play a PO 70TX in my M3 and will use that for a comp on Saturday then hopefully get the Ping tip I have on the PO and use both in a fun friends comp on the Sunday.

 

I wonder if the Tour can compete with my PO, will see. It might not just be the M3 head only for sale.

 

Funny ordered the G410 LST after 2 bad weeks of driving and since I did order it, I have been driving the ball awesomely, swinging so much better. Committed to the much more forgiving 410, just need to get it dialled in.

  • Ping G410 LST 9* Tensei Orange 70TX
  • Taylormade M5 15* Tensei White 80TX
  • Taylormade P790 18* UDI Project X 6.5
  • Ping Blueprint 4-9 Project X 7.0
  • Artisan 46*, 50* Project X 6.5
  • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
  • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Jertson photos here from the PGA most definitely show a 410 Plus with the Alta Red X. There were 2 drivers in the bag including a 410 Plus with the T1100 that he had been seen playing last year.

 

Going to sell my 410 Plus soon and try out an LST. Only tried one shaft in the Plus but just never got along with it, but I gotta scratch the LST itch to see if it can beat out my M5 or Flash TD.

  • Like 1

Taylormade SIM 10.5* - Fujikura Ventus Black 6x
Callaway Alpha 816 15* - Diamana B 80x
Adams MB2 Raw Tour Issue 4-PW - KBS CTaper 120
Bridgestone J15 50.08 - DG Tour Issue S400
Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 54.09 - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge
Scotty Cameron Milspec 350
Bridgestone Tour B XS

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @t4t3r said:

>

> Going to sell my 410 Plus soon and try out an LST. Only tried one shaft in the Plus but just never got along with it, but I gotta scratch the LST itch to see if it can beat out my M5 or Flash TD.

 

Let me know how it goes. Had the M5 but traded it for the Flash TD (which I love). But like you, I have the LST itch.

Callaway Epic Flash TD - Graphite Design VR

Callaway Epic SZ 15* 

Callaway Apex 20*

Mizuno JPX 921F 4-PW

Cleveland Zipcore 54* & 58*

Spider X

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @tgoodspe1991 said:

> Two questions for all the testers here:

>

> 1) Are you guys having more success with higher or lower loft on this head?

>

> 2) Anyone have any comparison to the Titleist TS4 driver?

 

Higher loft for sure. This head isn’t going to balloon up .

 

Titleist tsi2 10* Mitsubishi TB 70x 

Titleist ts2 16.5 * Tensei CK pro Blue 80TX

Cobra F9  7 wood 22.5 blue board 80TX 

Titleist T100 4-pw  

Vokey sm7 50*54*58*v grind

Cameron GSS 009  1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights , head speed shaft. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @bladehunter said:

> > @tgoodspe1991 said:

> > Two questions for all the testers here:

> >

> > 1) Are you guys having more success with higher or lower loft on this head?

> >

> > 2) Anyone have any comparison to the Titleist TS4 driver?

>

> Higher loft for sure. This head isn’t going to balloon up .

 

I dont know, just like most other clubs, I hit high, and I ordered my LST at 8, and play it minus 1.5.

PING G410 9 Flat(HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5/Ventus Black 7x)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G425 LST 14.5 (Speeder Tour Spec 7.2x)

PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)

NIKE Vapor Fly 20* Iron (Modus105x HS)

PING i500 20* iron (DG105x100)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @Deuce78 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @tgoodspe1991 said:

> > > Two questions for all the testers here:

> > >

> > > 1) Are you guys having more success with higher or lower loft on this head?

> > >

> > > 2) Anyone have any comparison to the Titleist TS4 driver?

> >

> > Higher loft for sure. This head isn’t going to balloon up .

>

> I dont know, just like most other clubs, I hit high, and I ordered my LST at 8, and play it minus 1.5.

 

I think it’s pretty fairly mid-high launching vs the stamped loft. Mine is a 9 I’m playing at 8. I’ll put it this way, launch reminds me a lot of the G400 LST. Very similar, but it feels like you’re hitting the ball with Thor’s Hammer. Very different feel than the G410+ which feels more springlike.

Driver: Cobra SZ Xtreme 9° HZRDUS Green 6.5
Fairway: G410 LST EF Black 6.5 Handcrafted 75 & G410 5 Wood EF Black 6.5 Handcrafted 85
Irons: Mizuno JPX 919T 4-PW PX 6.5
Wedges: Mizuno T20 50/55/60 S400
Putter: Taylormade Spider Tour Copper

Link to post
Share on other sites

Fair enough. I tend to deloft everything , or at least don’t add any loft. So makes sense.

 

Titleist tsi2 10* Mitsubishi TB 70x 

Titleist ts2 16.5 * Tensei CK pro Blue 80TX

Cobra F9  7 wood 22.5 blue board 80TX 

Titleist T100 4-pw  

Vokey sm7 50*54*58*v grind

Cameron GSS 009  1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights , head speed shaft. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Our picks

    • Ping i59 irons - 2021 Wells Fargo Championship
      Ping i59 irons - 2021 Wells Fargo Championship
        • Thanks
        • Like
      • 132 replies
    • 2021 Wells Fargo - Discussion & Links
      Please put any questions or comments here
       
       

       
      2021 Wells Fargo - Tuesday #1
      2021 Wells Fargo - Tuesday #2
      2021 Wells Fargo - Tuesday #3
      2021 Wells Fargo - Tuesday #4
      2021 Wells Fargo - Tuesday #5
       
      2021 Wells Fargo - Wednesday #1
      2021 Wells Fargo - Wednesday #2
       
       

       
       
       

       
      Bettinardi putters & covers - 2021 Wells Fargo
      Ping i59 irons - 2021 Wells Fargo Championship
      New Ping Glide Forged Pro wedge - 2021 Wells Fargo
      Behind the scenes on the PXG truck - 2021 Wells Fargo
      PXG Gen 4 0311 T & 0311 ST irons - 2021 Wells Fargo
      Jason Day testing a SIK putter with LA Golf shaft - 2021 Wells Fargo
      Scotty Cameron T2 putter - 2021 Wells Fargo
      KH Lee's Odyssey putter - - 2021 Wells Fargo
      Patrick Cantlay's Cameron T-5 - 2021 Wells Fargo
      Rory has the TM "Rors" protos in the bag - 2021 Wells Fargo
       
       
        • Like
      • 17 replies
    • 2021 Valspar Championship - discussion and links
      Please put any questions or comments here
       
      2021 Valspar Championship - Tuesday #1
      2021 Valspar Championship - Tuesday #2
      2021 Valspar Championship - Tuesday #3
      2021 Valspar Championship - Tuesday #4
      2021 Valspar Championship - Tuesday #4
      2021 Valspar Championship - Tuesday #6
      2021 Valspar Championship - Tuesday #7
      2021 Valspar Championship - Tuesday #8
      2021 Valspar Championship - Tuesday #9
      2021 Valspar Championship - Tuesday #10
      2021 Valspar Championship - Tuesday #11
       
       
       
       
       
       
       

       
      Bettinardi putters - 2021 Valspar Championship
      Axis 1 Proto - 2021 Valspar Championship
      Jimmy Walker "testing" a LA Golf proto putter - 2021 Valspar Championship
      Scotty Cameron putter - 2021 Valspar Championship
       
      • 17 replies
    • Post in Ping 2021 Irons
      Victor has i59 in the bag this week!
        • Thanks
        • Like
    • 2021 RBC Heritage - discussions and links
      Please post any questions and comments here.
       
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #1
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #2
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #3
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #4
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #5
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #6
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #7
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #8
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #9
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #10
       

       
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #1
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #2
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #3
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #4
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #5
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #6
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #7
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #8
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #9
      2021 RBC Heritage - Tuesday #10
       
       

       
      Custom Cameron putters - 2021 RBC Heritage
      Bettinardi putter - 2021 RBC Heritage
      Robert Streb's custom stamped Vokey wedge - 2021 RBC Heritage
      Ben An's custom stamped Vokey - 2021 RBC Heritage
      • 17 replies

×
×
  • Create New...