Honma 747v irons...anyone playing?

wam78

Looking for any feedback on the new Honma 747 irons. Read somewhere they are focusing on getting their production back to their factory in Japan as last model was produced in China?? Had a chance to hit them at our local pga superstore and they feel incredible. Granted only hitting indoor on a mat. Only had modus shafts, which I'm currently finding out they are not for me. The store had an entire set 4-pw on demo, which is great! You get to see and hit every iron. Looking to make a change as what I'm currently playing is giving me too high launch and spin rates. Thanks!

Mizuno   STZ 230 9.5*   Tensei Raw White 65x

Taylormade   Tour Issue Stealth  3 HL Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5

Taylormade   Stealth+ 5w   Diamana OG Kai’Li 70x  

Wilson   Staff CB 7-P / D9 Forged 5-6  Modus 120x

Searching…

Bettinardi  Custom BB46

Srixon Z Star 💎  OR   Bridgestone Tour B X 

thanks Fly, appreciate the info.

Searching…

Bettinardi  Custom BB46

> @FlyOver said:

> I have gamed the TW747v with Modus 105 stiff shaft for the last 2.5 months and I love them. Prior gamer was MP18 MMC 7i-PW and MMC Fli-Hi 4-6i. Prior to settling on my Honma, I tried the P790’s, I500’s, 2019 Apex forged and JPX 919 forged.

Mine is NS Pro Modus3 120. Such a beauty to look at and to slap. Coming from Mizuno JPX EZ Forged, they are easy to hit. Penetrating mid flight with perfect amount of spin.

I have played a couple of rounds with mine. Here are my impressions-nice, solid feel on decent strikes. Quite long but with the strong lofts that’s not too surprising. Medium/high trajectory despite the strong lofts. It’s been really wet in my area so I won’t comment on spin. Less than good strikes feel somewhat harsh, especially on thin hits. But results are better than you think you deserve given the feel on these hits. Offset is not objectionable to me. Especially as these are in the game improvement category. Overall size is quite similar to Mizuno 919 forged. So slightly over sized but by no means huge. Over-all I’m happy with my first impressions. Looking forward to things drying out in the coming week.

> @skraly said:

> I have played a couple of rounds with mine. Here are my impressions-nice, solid feel on decent strikes. Quite long but with the strong lofts that’s not too surprising. Medium/high trajectory despite the strong lofts. It’s been really wet in my area so I won’t comment on spin. Less than good strikes feel somewhat harsh, especially on thin hits. But results are better than you think you deserve given the feel on these hits. Offset is not objectionable to me. Especially as these are in the game improvement category. Overall size is quite similar to Mizuno 919 forged. So slightly over sized but by no means huge. Over-all I’m happy with my first impressions. Looking forward to things drying out in the coming week.

MY JPX EZF were jumbo size irons. Compared to them, TW747Vs look so small. At first, I wonder if I were able to hit off such small club faces.

Another praise report is how well TW747Vs work out of rough.

Loving mine as well! Your getting JDM quality for bargain pricing due to lack of popularity. Best clubs Ive played

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1763987/honma-tw747-driver-irons-and-wedge-wow-super-impressed#latest

CALLAWAY ROGUE ST MAX TD TC - 10.5 - MMT 60

TAYLORMADE Stealth Plus- 15 / 18 - PX Hzrdus Red

TAYLORMADE Gapr Hi - 22 - KBS Hybrid

TITLEIST '23 T200 - 5-PW - Steelfiber i95

VOKEY SM9 Blk 48/53/58- KBS Hi Rev 2.0 / TM Kia Ma Montecarlo

> @mtex22 said:

> Loving mine as well! Your getting JDM quality for bargain pricing due to lack of popularity. Best clubs Ive played

>

> https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1763987/honma-tw747-driver-irons-and-wedge-wow-super-impressed#latest

>

mtex--I know you have played a few sets of irons, so I really appreciate your feedback. My current situation is I'm getting too high launch and high spin with my current set up. Love the feel of the bridgestones, but need to find something to knock both down. Did you get the same results when you had the tour b's?

Searching…

Bettinardi  Custom BB46

> @wam78 said:

> > @mtex22 said:

> > Loving mine as well! Your getting JDM quality for bargain pricing due to lack of popularity. Best clubs Ive played

> >

> > https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1763987/honma-tw747-driver-irons-and-wedge-wow-super-impressed#latest

> >

> mtex--I know you have played a few sets of irons, so I really appreciate your feedback. My current situation is I'm getting too high launch and high spin with my current set up. Love the feel of the bridgestones, but need to find something to knock both down. Did you get the same results when you had the tour b's?

So when I played the Tour B's I was coming from the J15cb. The J15cb as we all know is a cult classic, forgiving and long. I've owned 5 sets in my life time and would be content playing them today. The stock shaft DG Pro seemed to work perfect for me for height and ball flight and distance. To me the J15cb and my previous set Srixon 745 were two of best players cavity iron sets ever made. The only thing I didn't like from the J15cb was they were just a tad on the longer blade length side and had thicker soles. The Tour B X-CB did address that but I didn't fall in love with the look of them and the shafts that were in the modus 120 so they didn't last very long in my bag. Ive had many sets with modus 120 and me its a very specific shaft for a specific type of swing and how you load it. The Srixon 745's were perfect to my eye looks and feel were perfect as well. I could also today play these heads with no problem. I recently sold my last set because the Elevate tour shafts in them where getting tough for me to load consistently and was looking for a higher ball flight.

As said in my review I decided to try Honma 747V due to the fact it was JDM and could get the clubs 50% of retail pricing on eBay. Also the sets offered had stock modus 105 which I did enjoy in the past. I ended up grabbing a set and after a few rounds I was in love. It checks all the boxes and its all in a really compact package probably a touch smaller than Srixon 745. I have been working hard on my swing so I know that has something to do with it but I now can comfortably get 8 iron 150 with a solid swing with decent height and spin. Shortly after I added the TW747 460 Driver with Vizard FD which is as long or longer than the Cobra F9 I had but more consistent by far and the hybrid and 3 wood is the best looking, feeling and longest Ive played and have really minimized the hooks with both of them. Ive really had trouble finding a hybrid that does not look and feel upright to me. I have really been crushing the 3 wood lately as well. Easy off the tee and deck. Looks a bit bigger at first but I got used to it fast.

I did try the wedges and the TW-W4 came stock with Modus 125 the whole package is just too heavy for me and was seeing issues chipping so I am moving on from them.

I can for sure say from driver to irons my bag is set for a very long time. Honma forging's, feel and forgiveness for me is the best Ive ever played and I have tried a lot of stuff as you all know. The brand is not popular yet so take advantage of the pricing, luckily for me the stuff for sale fits my specs. I am curious about the TW Driving iron but its not out yet in the US.

• Like 1

Great info and insight. Appreciate that. The irons I am looking into now are Srixon 785 and the 747v. I was taken back by the feel and ball flight of the 747v, but I was only able to hit indoor on a mat with the modus 120s, which is not working for me at the moment. I am working on my swing as well as I tend to get a little on the steep side, which aides in my high ball flight and higher spin. But I could not get the feel of the Honma out of my head after hitting them. Love the shape as well.

Searching…

Bettinardi  Custom BB46

> @wam78 said:

> Great info and insight. Appreciate that. The irons I am looking into now are Srixon 785 and the 747v. I was taken back by the feel and ball flight of the 747v, but I was only able to hit indoor on a mat with the modus 120s, which is not working for me at the moment. I am working on my swing as well as I tend to get a little on the steep side, which aides in my high ball flight and higher spin. But I could not get the feel of the Honma out of my head after hitting them. Love the shape as well.

>

Agreed the feel is butter! What really sold me though is the forgiveness and distance in a really compact head and they look sweet in the bag.

Detailed pics here:

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1763987/honma-tw747-driver-irons-and-wedge-wow-super-impressed#latest

> @skraly said:

> I have played a couple of rounds with mine. Here are my impressions-nice, solid feel on decent strikes. Quite long but with the strong lofts that’s not too surprising. Medium/high trajectory despite the strong lofts. It’s been really wet in my area so I won’t comment on spin. Less than good strikes feel somewhat harsh, especially on thin hits. But results are better than you think you deserve given the feel on these hits. Offset is not objectionable to me. Especially as these are in the game improvement category. Overall size is quite similar to Mizuno 919 forged. So slightly over sized but by no means huge. Over-all I’m happy with my first impressions. Looking forward to things drying out in the coming week.

Not sure which Honma irons you’re gaming. The TW747v is not their game improvement iron (actutally their players iron). Their game improvement irons is the TW747P irons. Also the Honma TW747Vx made in Sakata Japan and sold outside North America is their stronger lofted forged irons.

> @wam78 said:

> Great info and insight. Appreciate that. The irons I am looking into now are Srixon 785 and the 747v. I was taken back by the feel and ball flight of the 747v, but I was only able to hit indoor on a mat with the modus 120s, which is not working for me at the moment. I am working on my swing as well as I tend to get a little on the steep side, which aides in my high ball flight and higher spin. But I could not get the feel of the Honma out of my head after hitting them. Love the shape as well.

>

You can order the Honma TW747v in the Modus 105 shaft. It’s a mid trajectory shaft. The 120 shaft ball flight ranges from mid to high trajectory depending on the individual’s swing. I flight the ball higher with the 120’s than I do with 105’s and why I game the 105’s.

> @FlyOver said:

> > @wam78 said:

> > Great info and insight. Appreciate that. The irons I am looking into now are Srixon 785 and the 747v. I was taken back by the feel and ball flight of the 747v, but I was only able to hit indoor on a mat with the modus 120s, which is not working for me at the moment. I am working on my swing as well as I tend to get a little on the steep side, which aides in my high ball flight and higher spin. But I could not get the feel of the Honma out of my head after hitting them. Love the shape as well.

> >

>

>

> You can order the Honma TW747v in the Modus 105 shaft. It’s a mid trajectory shaft. The 120 shaft ball flight ranges from mid to high trajectory depending on the individual’s swing. I flight the ball higher with the 120’s than I do with 105’s and why I game the 105’s.

Yeah, I'm concerned with the weight of the 105's. The 120s are borderline too light for what I like to feel. My swing sync's really well right around 120 gr weight. I'll see what I can find with what Honma offers for shaft upgrades.

• Like 1

Searching…

Bettinardi  Custom BB46

> @wam78 said:

>

My swing is the same. With Modus3 120, the trajectory got lower noticeably, that I like a lot. No more ballooning and hanging in air

• 5 weeks later...

> @mtex22 said:

> > @wam78 said:

> > > @mtex22 said:

> > > Loving mine as well! Your getting JDM quality for bargain pricing due to lack of popularity. Best clubs Ive played

> > >

> > > https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1763987/honma-tw747-driver-irons-and-wedge-wow-super-impressed#latest

> > >

> > mtex--I know you have played a few sets of irons, so I really appreciate your feedback. My current situation is I'm getting too high launch and high spin with my current set up. Love the feel of the bridgestones, but need to find something to knock both down. Did you get the same results when you had the tour b's?

>

>

> So when I played the Tour B's I was coming from the J15cb. The J15cb as we all know is a cult classic, forgiving and long. I've owned 5 sets in my life time and would be content playing them today. The stock shaft DG Pro seemed to work perfect for me for height and ball flight and distance. To me the J15cb and my previous set Srixon 745 were two of best players cavity iron sets ever made. The only thing I didn't like from the J15cb was they were just a tad on the longer blade length side and had thicker soles. The Tour B X-CB did address that but I didn't fall in love with the look of them and the shafts that were in the modus 120 so they didn't last very long in my bag. Ive had many sets with modus 120 and me its a very specific shaft for a specific type of swing and how you load it. The Srixon 745's were perfect to my eye looks and feel were perfect as well. I could also today play these heads with no problem. I recently sold my last set because the Elevate tour shafts in them where getting tough for me to load consistently and was looking for a higher ball flight.

>

> As said in my review I decided to try Honma 747V due to the fact it was JDM and could get the clubs 50% of retail pricing on eBay. Also the sets offered had stock modus 105 which I did enjoy in the past. I ended up grabbing a set and after a few rounds I was in love. It checks all the boxes and its all in a really compact package probably a touch smaller than Srixon 745. I have been working hard on my swing so I know that has something to do with it but I now can comfortably get 8 iron 150 with a solid swing with decent height and spin. Shortly after I added the TW747 460 Driver with Vizard FD which is as long or longer than the Cobra F9 I had but more consistent by far and the hybrid and 3 wood is the best looking, feeling and longest Ive played and have really minimized the hooks with both of them. Ive really had trouble finding a hybrid that does not look and feel upright to me. I have really been crushing the 3 wood lately as well. Easy off the tee and deck. Looks a bit bigger at first but I got used to it fast.

>

> I did try the wedges and the TW-W4 came stock with Modus 125 the whole package is just too heavy for me and was seeing issues chipping so I am moving on from them.

>

> I can for sure say from driver to irons my bag is set for a very long time. Honma forging's, feel and forgiveness for me is the best Ive ever played and I have tried a lot of stuff as you all know. The brand is not popular yet so take advantage of the pricing, luckily for me the stuff for sale fits my specs. I am curious about the TW Driving iron but its not out yet in the US.

>

Looks like you and I went shopping at the same eBay store. I picked the a set 747v's with modus 105s shafts, and so far I'm loving them. Prior to purchase I did try them them out against the 919 tours which performed similarly for me. The biggest difference between the two was the feel, both felt great but I liked the Honmas a little bit more. So the feel, performance, and price made it an easy decision.

• Like 1

Paradym 10.5 w/Graphite Design ADHD 5S

Paradym 3WHL w/ Tensei Blue 6S

Paradym 7W w/ Tensei Blue 6S

Ping 425 4H w/Tensei Orange 80HYS at 23°

Yonex Ezone CB 301 5-PW w/ Nippon Modus TOUR125S

Mizuno Copper T22 50S, 54D, 58X w/ Project X LZ 6.0

LAB Golf B.2

> @wedgegame said:

> > @mtex22 said:

> > > @wam78 said:

> > > > @mtex22 said:

> > > > Loving mine as well! Your getting JDM quality for bargain pricing due to lack of popularity. Best clubs Ive played

> > > >

> > > > https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1763987/honma-tw747-driver-irons-and-wedge-wow-super-impressed#latest

> > > >

> > > mtex--I know you have played a few sets of irons, so I really appreciate your feedback. My current situation is I'm getting too high launch and high spin with my current set up. Love the feel of the bridgestones, but need to find something to knock both down. Did you get the same results when you had the tour b's?

> >

> >

> > So when I played the Tour B's I was coming from the J15cb. The J15cb as we all know is a cult classic, forgiving and long. I've owned 5 sets in my life time and would be content playing them today. The stock shaft DG Pro seemed to work perfect for me for height and ball flight and distance. To me the J15cb and my previous set Srixon 745 were two of best players cavity iron sets ever made. The only thing I didn't like from the J15cb was they were just a tad on the longer blade length side and had thicker soles. The Tour B X-CB did address that but I didn't fall in love with the look of them and the shafts that were in the modus 120 so they didn't last very long in my bag. Ive had many sets with modus 120 and me its a very specific shaft for a specific type of swing and how you load it. The Srixon 745's were perfect to my eye looks and feel were perfect as well. I could also today play these heads with no problem. I recently sold my last set because the Elevate tour shafts in them where getting tough for me to load consistently and was looking for a higher ball flight.

> >

> > As said in my review I decided to try Honma 747V due to the fact it was JDM and could get the clubs 50% of retail pricing on eBay. Also the sets offered had stock modus 105 which I did enjoy in the past. I ended up grabbing a set and after a few rounds I was in love. It checks all the boxes and its all in a really compact package probably a touch smaller than Srixon 745. I have been working hard on my swing so I know that has something to do with it but I now can comfortably get 8 iron 150 with a solid swing with decent height and spin. Shortly after I added the TW747 460 Driver with Vizard FD which is as long or longer than the Cobra F9 I had but more consistent by far and the hybrid and 3 wood is the best looking, feeling and longest Ive played and have really minimized the hooks with both of them. Ive really had trouble finding a hybrid that does not look and feel upright to me. I have really been crushing the 3 wood lately as well. Easy off the tee and deck. Looks a bit bigger at first but I got used to it fast.

> >

> > I did try the wedges and the TW-W4 came stock with Modus 125 the whole package is just too heavy for me and was seeing issues chipping so I am moving on from them.

> >

> > I can for sure say from driver to irons my bag is set for a very long time. Honma forging's, feel and forgiveness for me is the best Ive ever played and I have tried a lot of stuff as you all know. The brand is not popular yet so take advantage of the pricing, luckily for me the stuff for sale fits my specs. I am curious about the TW Driving iron but its not out yet in the US.

> >

>

> Looks like you and I went shopping at the same eBay store. I picked the a set 747v's with modus 105s shafts, and so far I'm loving them. Prior to purchase I did try them them out against the 919 tours which performed similarly for me. The biggest difference between the two was the feel, both felt great but I liked the Honmas a little bit more. So the feel, performance, and price made it an easy decision.

Still loving mine!! Woods to irons!! So confident with my distances right getting ideal numbers with great looks and feel. I hope they come out with a raw wedge like what Rose has.

> @mtex22 said:

> > @wedgegame said:

> > > @mtex22 said:

> > > > @wam78 said:

> > > > > @mtex22 said:

> > > > > Loving mine as well! Your getting JDM quality for bargain pricing due to lack of popularity. Best clubs Ive played

> > > > >

> > > > > https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1763987/honma-tw747-driver-irons-and-wedge-wow-super-impressed#latest

> > > > >

> > > > mtex--I know you have played a few sets of irons, so I really appreciate your feedback. My current situation is I'm getting too high launch and high spin with my current set up. Love the feel of the bridgestones, but need to find something to knock both down. Did you get the same results when you had the tour b's?

> > >

> > >

> > > So when I played the Tour B's I was coming from the J15cb. The J15cb as we all know is a cult classic, forgiving and long. I've owned 5 sets in my life time and would be content playing them today. The stock shaft DG Pro seemed to work perfect for me for height and ball flight and distance. To me the J15cb and my previous set Srixon 745 were two of best players cavity iron sets ever made. The only thing I didn't like from the J15cb was they were just a tad on the longer blade length side and had thicker soles. The Tour B X-CB did address that but I didn't fall in love with the look of them and the shafts that were in the modus 120 so they didn't last very long in my bag. Ive had many sets with modus 120 and me its a very specific shaft for a specific type of swing and how you load it. The Srixon 745's were perfect to my eye looks and feel were perfect as well. I could also today play these heads with no problem. I recently sold my last set because the Elevate tour shafts in them where getting tough for me to load consistently and was looking for a higher ball flight.

> > >

> > > As said in my review I decided to try Honma 747V due to the fact it was JDM and could get the clubs 50% of retail pricing on eBay. Also the sets offered had stock modus 105 which I did enjoy in the past. I ended up grabbing a set and after a few rounds I was in love. It checks all the boxes and its all in a really compact package probably a touch smaller than Srixon 745. I have been working hard on my swing so I know that has something to do with it but I now can comfortably get 8 iron 150 with a solid swing with decent height and spin. Shortly after I added the TW747 460 Driver with Vizard FD which is as long or longer than the Cobra F9 I had but more consistent by far and the hybrid and 3 wood is the best looking, feeling and longest Ive played and have really minimized the hooks with both of them. Ive really had trouble finding a hybrid that does not look and feel upright to me. I have really been crushing the 3 wood lately as well. Easy off the tee and deck. Looks a bit bigger at first but I got used to it fast.

> > >

> > > I did try the wedges and the TW-W4 came stock with Modus 125 the whole package is just too heavy for me and was seeing issues chipping so I am moving on from them.

> > >

> > > I can for sure say from driver to irons my bag is set for a very long time. Honma forging's, feel and forgiveness for me is the best Ive ever played and I have tried a lot of stuff as you all know. The brand is not popular yet so take advantage of the pricing, luckily for me the stuff for sale fits my specs. I am curious about the TW Driving iron but its not out yet in the US.

> > >

> >

> > Looks like you and I went shopping at the same eBay store. I picked the a set 747v's with modus 105s shafts, and so far I'm loving them. Prior to purchase I did try them them out against the 919 tours which performed similarly for me. The biggest difference between the two was the feel, both felt great but I liked the Honmas a little bit more. So the feel, performance, and price made it an easy decision.

>

> Still loving mine!! Woods to irons!! So confident with my distances right getting ideal numbers with great looks and feel. I hope they come out with a raw wedge like what Rose has.

How about TW-W4 wedges?

> @flushem said:

> > @mtex22 said:

> > > @wedgegame said:

> > > > @mtex22 said:

> > > > > @wam78 said:

> > > > > > @mtex22 said:

> > > > > > Loving mine as well! Your getting JDM quality for bargain pricing due to lack of popularity. Best clubs Ive played

> > > > > >

> > > > > > https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1763987/honma-tw747-driver-irons-and-wedge-wow-super-impressed#latest

> > > > > >

> > > > > mtex--I know you have played a few sets of irons, so I really appreciate your feedback. My current situation is I'm getting too high launch and high spin with my current set up. Love the feel of the bridgestones, but need to find something to knock both down. Did you get the same results when you had the tour b's?

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > So when I played the Tour B's I was coming from the J15cb. The J15cb as we all know is a cult classic, forgiving and long. I've owned 5 sets in my life time and would be content playing them today. The stock shaft DG Pro seemed to work perfect for me for height and ball flight and distance. To me the J15cb and my previous set Srixon 745 were two of best players cavity iron sets ever made. The only thing I didn't like from the J15cb was they were just a tad on the longer blade length side and had thicker soles. The Tour B X-CB did address that but I didn't fall in love with the look of them and the shafts that were in the modus 120 so they didn't last very long in my bag. Ive had many sets with modus 120 and me its a very specific shaft for a specific type of swing and how you load it. The Srixon 745's were perfect to my eye looks and feel were perfect as well. I could also today play these heads with no problem. I recently sold my last set because the Elevate tour shafts in them where getting tough for me to load consistently and was looking for a higher ball flight.

> > > >

> > > > As said in my review I decided to try Honma 747V due to the fact it was JDM and could get the clubs 50% of retail pricing on eBay. Also the sets offered had stock modus 105 which I did enjoy in the past. I ended up grabbing a set and after a few rounds I was in love. It checks all the boxes and its all in a really compact package probably a touch smaller than Srixon 745. I have been working hard on my swing so I know that has something to do with it but I now can comfortably get 8 iron 150 with a solid swing with decent height and spin. Shortly after I added the TW747 460 Driver with Vizard FD which is as long or longer than the Cobra F9 I had but more consistent by far and the hybrid and 3 wood is the best looking, feeling and longest Ive played and have really minimized the hooks with both of them. Ive really had trouble finding a hybrid that does not look and feel upright to me. I have really been crushing the 3 wood lately as well. Easy off the tee and deck. Looks a bit bigger at first but I got used to it fast.

> > > >

> > > > I did try the wedges and the TW-W4 came stock with Modus 125 the whole package is just too heavy for me and was seeing issues chipping so I am moving on from them.

> > > >

> > > > I can for sure say from driver to irons my bag is set for a very long time. Honma forging's, feel and forgiveness for me is the best Ive ever played and I have tried a lot of stuff as you all know. The brand is not popular yet so take advantage of the pricing, luckily for me the stuff for sale fits my specs. I am curious about the TW Driving iron but its not out yet in the US.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Looks like you and I went shopping at the same eBay store. I picked the a set 747v's with modus 105s shafts, and so far I'm loving them. Prior to purchase I did try them them out against the 919 tours which performed similarly for me. The biggest difference between the two was the feel, both felt great but I liked the Honmas a little bit more. So the feel, performance, and price made it an easy decision.

> >

> > Still loving mine!! Woods to irons!! So confident with my distances right getting ideal numbers with great looks and feel. I hope they come out with a raw wedge like what Rose has.

>

> How about TW-W4 wedges?

They look good but didn't like the leading edge (lack of relief) so went with some Milled Grind's.

I have had a interesting journey with irons and Honma over the past 2 years. I have always wanted to play the most forgiving iron that visibly appealed to my eye. Started out with Callaway Apex. I liked the way they looked and they had good forgiveness but the distance control was horrible. Clubs had trampoline type affect on shots from fairway. Can’t play golf this way so I went to Honma TW737V. Loved them. After I wore through that set I explored again with Mizuno JPX 919 Forged and then the Tours. Neither set worked my iron play got really bad so now I am back to Honma TW747V with KBS Tour V 125s!

• Like 1

TITLEIST TSR3 Ventus Black 6-X
TITLEIST TSi2 16.5* Ventus Black 8-X
TITLEIST U-505 3i Ventus Black 9-X
TITLEIST CP-03 4i Project X 6.5

TITLEIST CP-02 PW-5i Project X 6.5
Vokey SM9 50/54/58 Project X Wedge 6.5
SIK Flo 

• 1 month later...

> @FlyOver said:

> I have gamed the TW747v with Modus 105 stiff shaft for the last 2.5 months and I love them. Prior gamer was MP18 MMC 7i-PW and MMC Fli-Hi 4-6i. Prior to settling on my Honma, I tried the P790’s, I500’s, 2019 Apex pro forged and JPX 919 forged.

Are the TW 747V irons made in Japan? Thanks.

TaylorMade Stealth HD 10.5 Driver
Honma TR21 16* 3 Wood
Honma TR21 Hybrid 19* and 23*
Callaway Apex 21 P-6 Irons
Titleist Vokey SM9 Wedges 56-14F and 60-4T
Slighter Seattle Custom Putter

> @theothertwo said:

> > @FlyOver said:

> > I have gamed the TW747v with Modus 105 stiff shaft for the last 2.5 months and I love them. Prior gamer was MP18 MMC 7i-PW and MMC Fli-Hi 4-6i. Prior to settling on my Honma, I tried the P790’s, I500’s, 2019 Apex pro forged and JPX 919 forged.

>

> Are the TW 747V irons made in Japan? Thanks.

Yes

• Like 1

> @flushem said:

> > @theothertwo said:

> > > @FlyOver said:

> > > I have gamed the TW747v with Modus 105 stiff shaft for the last 2.5 months and I love them. Prior gamer was MP18 MMC 7i-PW and MMC Fli-Hi 4-6i. Prior to settling on my Honma, I tried the P790’s, I500’s, 2019 Apex pro forged and JPX 919 forged.

> >

> > Are the TW 747V irons made in Japan? Thanks.

>

> Yes

Thanks. So unlike the 737 series where there were some clubs Made In Japan and some clubs Made In China (US Distribution), the 747 clubs are are all Made In Japan?

Honma TR21 16* 3 Wood

> @theothertwo said:

> > @flushem said:

> > > @theothertwo said:

> > > > @FlyOver said:

> > > > I have gamed the TW747v with Modus 105 stiff shaft for the last 2.5 months and I love them. Prior gamer was MP18 MMC 7i-PW and MMC Fli-Hi 4-6i. Prior to settling on my Honma, I tried the P790’s, I500’s, 2019 Apex pro forged and JPX 919 forged.

> > >

> > > Are the TW 747V irons made in Japan? Thanks.

> >

> > Yes

>

> Thanks. So unlike the 737 series where there were some clubs Made In Japan and some clubs Made In China (US Distribution), the 747 clubs are are all Made In Japan?

Correct. I do have 737 driver, 3w and 4 hybrid. Though they are made in China, they perform superbly and look very classic.

• Like 1

> @flushem said:

> > @theothertwo said:

> > > @flushem said:

> > > > @theothertwo said:

> > > > > @FlyOver said:

> > > > > I have gamed the TW747v with Modus 105 stiff shaft for the last 2.5 months and I love them. Prior gamer was MP18 MMC 7i-PW and MMC Fli-Hi 4-6i. Prior to settling on my Honma, I tried the P790’s, I500’s, 2019 Apex pro forged and JPX 919 forged.

> > > >

> > > > Are the TW 747V irons made in Japan? Thanks.

> > >

> > > Yes

> >

> > Thanks. So unlike the 737 series where there were some clubs Made In Japan and some clubs Made In China (US Distribution), the 747 clubs are are all Made In Japan?

>

> Correct. I do have 737 driver, 3w and 4 hybrid. Though they are made in China, they perform superbly and look very classic.

Thanks, I appreciate the information. Just got a set of the TW 747V Irons on EBay to match my TW 727 460 Driver, 5 wood, hybrid and wedges.

Honma TR21 16* 3 Wood

> @theothertwo said:

> > @flushem said:

> > > @theothertwo said:

> > > > @flushem said:

> > > > > @theothertwo said:

> > > > > > @FlyOver said:

> > > > > > I have gamed the TW747v with Modus 105 stiff shaft for the last 2.5 months and I love them. Prior gamer was MP18 MMC 7i-PW and MMC Fli-Hi 4-6i. Prior to settling on my Honma, I tried the P790’s, I500’s, 2019 Apex pro forged and JPX 919 forged.

> > > > >

> > > > > Are the TW 747V irons made in Japan? Thanks.

> > > >

> > > > Yes

> > >

> > > Thanks. So unlike the 737 series where there were some clubs Made In Japan and some clubs Made In China (US Distribution), the 747 clubs are are all Made In Japan?

> >

> > Correct. I do have 737 driver, 3w and 4 hybrid. Though they are made in China, they perform superbly and look very classic.

>

> Thanks, I appreciate the information. Just got a set of the TW 747V Irons on EBay to match my TW 727 460 Driver, 5 wood, hybrid and wedges.

Nice. What shaft did you get? Let us know how 747V works out.

> @theothertwo said:

> > @flushem said:

> > > @theothertwo said:

> > > > @flushem said:

> > > > > @theothertwo said:

> > > > > > @FlyOver said:

> > > > > > I have gamed the TW747v with Modus 105 stiff shaft for the last 2.5 months and I love them. Prior gamer was MP18 MMC 7i-PW and MMC Fli-Hi 4-6i. Prior to settling on my Honma, I tried the P790’s, I500’s, 2019 Apex pro forged and JPX 919 forged.

> > > > >

> > > > > Are the TW 747V irons made in Japan? Thanks.

> > > >

> > > > Yes

> > >

> > > Thanks. So unlike the 737 series where there were some clubs Made In Japan and some clubs Made In China (US Distribution), the 747 clubs are are all Made In Japan?

> >

> > Correct. I do have 737 driver, 3w and 4 hybrid. Though they are made in China, they perform superbly and look very classic.

>

> Thanks, I appreciate the information. Just got a set of the TW 747V Irons on EBay to match my TW 727 460 Driver, 5 wood, hybrid and wedges.

Need a TW747 460 driver Made in Japan Sakata driver to match? Upgraded FP-6s shaft to boot! PM me if interested.

> @flushem said:

> > @theothertwo said:

> > > @flushem said:

> > > > @theothertwo said:

> > > > > @flushem said:

> > > > > > @theothertwo said:

> > > > > > > @FlyOver said:

> > > > > > > I have gamed the TW747v with Modus 105 stiff shaft for the last 2.5 months and I love them. Prior gamer was MP18 MMC 7i-PW and MMC Fli-Hi 4-6i. Prior to settling on my Honma, I tried the P790’s, I500’s, 2019 Apex pro forged and JPX 919 forged.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Are the TW 747V irons made in Japan? Thanks.

> > > > >

> > > > > Yes

> > > >

> > > > Thanks. So unlike the 737 series where there were some clubs Made In Japan and some clubs Made In China (US Distribution), the 747 clubs are are all Made In Japan?

> > >

> > > Correct. I do have 737 driver, 3w and 4 hybrid. Though they are made in China, they perform superbly and look very classic.

> >

> > Thanks, I appreciate the information. Just got a set of the TW 747V Irons on EBay to match my TW 727 460 Driver, 5 wood, hybrid and wedges.

>

> Nice. What shaft did you get? Let us know how 747V works out.

NS Pro Modus 105 R - so we'll see....

Honma TR21 16* 3 Wood