Random Bandon Thread

buzlin

@mallrat I arrive on November 21 but am not playing that day as my flight won't get to Eugene until 12:30. This will be my third Covid Bandon trip and I completely agree with your buddy.

WITB

TaylorMade M5 (10.5) Graphite Design Tour AD GP 6 S

TaylorMade M2 2017 (16.5) Graphite Design Tour AD F-75 S

Ping G425 (19) Mitsubishi TENSEI CK Pro Orange Hybrid 80 S

Mizuno MP-53 (3-PW, 20-48) Nippon Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 S

Titleist Vokey SM7 (54.10 S @ 53, 58.10 S @ 59) Nippon Pro Modus 3 Wedge 115

Edel McKenzie (34)

For anybody that’s been to Bandon recently…how is Sheep Ranch maturing? I know a lot of people had commented that it needed some time to grow in last year and that it wasn’t in the best condition, just wondering if anything had changed since.

I’ll be arriving on property with two buddies for the first time in 95 days after having to delay our trip from this February to next, but who’s counting anyway?

Two days and three rounds in. We've hit the weather jackpot so far. Only light spitty rain for a few holes so far. Have played SR, Bandon, and Pacific.

@rouges1922 fairways at SR are fine. The greens are still new but there were no bare spots. Very firm because of the newness but rolled really true.

Trails tomorrow.

• Like 2

Cobra RAD Speed 9* : KBS TD 70 Cat 3 / Ventus Blue 6-S

Cobra RAD Speed 3W : Graphite Design AD TP8-S

Srixon ZXU #2 : Nippon Modus 3 120-S

Wilson Staff CB 4-PW : Nippon Modus3 120-S

Cleveland Zipcore 50, 54: Nippon Modus2 120/125 S 

Cobra MIM Black 58 : Nippon 125 Wedge

Piretti Potenza 370g : Breakthrough Technology Stability Shaft - 34"

41 minutes ago, jvincent said:

Two days and three rounds in. We've hit the weather jackpot so far. Only light spitty rain for a few holes so far. Have played SR, Bandon, and Pacific.

@rouges1922 fairways at SR are fine. The greens are still new but there were no bare spots. Very firm because of the newness but rolled really true.

Trails tomorrow.

Awesome, thanks for the feedback. Enjoy!

14 hours ago, jvincent said:

Two days and three rounds in...

Did you get all 36 holes in on one day?  What time did you tee off for your second round.  We have Pacific @ 12:40 pm one day and Bandon at 1:00 pm the next day.  On the BD afternoon round, I am hoping that we get to 16 tee by sunset.

2 minutes ago, T2GRNN2 said:

Did you get all 36 holes in on one day?  What time did you tee off for your second round.  We have Pacific @ 12:40 pm one day and Bandon at 1:00 pm the next day.  On the BD afternoon round, I am hoping that we get to 16 tee by sunset.

My co-worker played 36 in a day last week. They showed up early to their first tee time and were able to get off right away. Might not hurt to be early to a tee time in case a group is running late, could help you make the second 18 better.

Cobra King LTD Pro 8.5 LAGP Tour AXS BLU 60X

TM Sim2 Max 15.0 Ventus Black Velocore 7x

TM M3 19.0 Diamana WB 80x

TM 2019 P790 4-P Project X 6.5 Taper

Vokey Sm8 50F 54S 60M Project X 6.0 Taper

SIK Pro C-Series Armlock LAGP TPZ 180 | Titleist Pro V1 Left Dot 

47 minutes ago, doc52 said:

My co-worker played 36 in a day last week. They showed up early to their first tee time and were able to get off right away. Might not hurt to be early to a tee time in case a group is running late, could help you make the second 18 better.

Thanks for the tip.  I suspect we have the first time of the day at Trails on the day we are scheduled to play Pac Dunes at 12:40, so we will try to get to the tee a bit earlier than normal and maybe we'll get lucky and head off a bit earlier than the posted time.  

On both days, the plan was to head to the second course right away after the first round, maybe eat a very quick bite for lunch, and with a bit of luck, getting an earlier start than our scheduled time.

36 minutes ago, T2GRNN2 said:

Thanks for the tip.  I suspect we have the first time of the day at Trails on the day we are scheduled to play Pac Dunes at 12:40, so we will try to get to the tee a bit earlier than normal and maybe we'll get lucky and head off a bit earlier than the posted time.  

On both days, the plan was to head to the second course right away after the first round, maybe eat a very quick bite for lunch, and with a bit of luck, getting an earlier start than our scheduled time.

The co-worker was telling me all 4 days they were there they never teed off at the time that they booked, all were early. They were playing mid-week rounds and I guess there were a couple of no shows. Good luck, hope you can squeeze 18 in, here in OR it sure is getting dark early.

• Like 1

Cobra King LTD Pro 8.5 LAGP Tour AXS BLU 60X

TM Sim2 Max 15.0 Ventus Black Velocore 7x

TM M3 19.0 Diamana WB 80x

TM 2019 P790 4-P Project X 6.5 Taper

Vokey Sm8 50F 54S 60M Project X 6.0 Taper

SIK Pro C-Series Armlock LAGP TPZ 180 | Titleist Pro V1 Left Dot 

44 minutes ago, T2GRNN2 said:

stop in at the pro shop of the course after you come off 18 (or you can even call them from 18 fairway) - they'll be able to tell you if there are open slots on the course you are heading to (and change your tee time if it works out).  Then you'll know if you have time for lunch or just need to pick up a sleeve of protein balls.

• Like 1

"take that, you miserable little white swine!"

19 minutes ago, spud3 said:

stop in at the pro shop of the course after you come off 18 (or you can even call them from 18 fairway) - they'll be able to tell you if there are open slots on the course you are heading to (and change your tee time if it works out).  Then you'll know if you have time for lunch or just need to pick up a sleeve of protein balls.

Thanks for the tips.  On the second day on which we have two planned tee times, we're coming off BD and heading right back out on BD (right now, exactly 5 hours after the first time).  While we are not 1st off, we are in the first three or four times of the day.  

6 hours ago, T2GRNN2 said:

Yes, we got in all 36 with some time to spare.

Our second round was off at 12:20.

As others have said if you get to the course early and there's a spot they will get you out early. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, spud3 said:

That's even easier.  You're in the Pacesetter tee times, which are expected to complete the round in 4 hours or less, and you can grab a dog or pre-made sandwich at the snack stand in the lodge, then (possibly) head right back out.

That's it, there's typically that perfect tumbleweed zone of openings around noon, maybe 30-40mins or so, if you are in those first 3/4 pacesetter times you can hit that gap and can end up getting out a good 4 or 5 slots ahead of your booked time.

And all it does is help everyone else to bump up and get more golf in!

• Like 1

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

1 hour ago, duffer987 said:

That's it, there's typically that perfect tumbleweed zone of openings around noon, maybe 30-40mins or so, if you are in those first 3/4 pacesetter times you can hit that gap and can end up getting out a good 4 or 5 slots ahead of your booked time.

And all it does is help everyone else to bump up and get more golf in!

🤞

Update on my trip.

We teed off at 1PM for our afternoon time at Sheep Ranch and finished 18 in the dark, with a par, at 5:10.

We would have finished earlier but there was a slow group about 4 ahead of us according to the marshals.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mallrat said:

Alright guys, what are the other places to stay in Bandon? I’ve always stayed at the Bandon Inn (and probably will again) but they raised their rates. 

Recommendations?

Are you by yourself? We ended up in an AirBnB in Coos Bay that was nice as well as being super cheap comparitively. Only real downside was a 30 min drive to the resort but based on what we saved it was well worth it.

There should be opitons in Bandon / Coos Bay for your stay.

43 minutes ago, mallrat said:

Yeah, solo. I’ve stayed at the Bandon Inn a handful of times and dig the location but they raised their rates $30 a night. 

Yeah same boat, just saw that rate hike. It’s nice enough but not worth that in my opinion. I’ll probably do the Inn at old town in a couple weeks, but it’s only one night before going to the resort.

2 hours ago, mallrat said:

Alright guys, what are the other places to stay in Bandon? I’ve always stayed at the Bandon Inn (and probably will again) but they raised their rates. 

Recommendations?

Would not recommend La Kris Inn.. Kind people and nice inexpensive rooms but when I stayed there last time I was out that way I got a ton of bedbug bites (luckily took none home)

They never responded to my inquiries to tell them about it so I would just avoid if I were you

Edited by rooski

Driver:   Cobra RadSpeed 9.0* Ventus Blue 7X

3w:         Cobra RadSpeed 14.5* /  Ventus Blue 7X

Utility   Srixon ZX 18* / Ventus Black HB 10TX
Irons:      Mizuno JPX 921 Tour 4-PW / Project X LS 6.5
Wedges:  Mizuno T20 Raw 50, 54, 58 / Project X LS 6.0

Putter:    Odyssey Toulon Atlanta

On 11/12/2021 at 8:49 AM, eboettne said:

Anyone ever stayed here? Looks incredible, especially now that Sheep Ranch has been developed.

https://www.vrbo.com/867663?adultsCount=4&noDates=true&unitId=1415602

I had a caddy tell me that Keiser tried to buy this place for upwards of 5M, but was turned down.  That must have been in recent years, because the house actually went up for sale in 2007 and 2010 for less, but oddly never sold.  Same owners since 1990.  Essentially the only house that could be considered "on the course" at Bandon, as it's really close to 1 green on SR.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, graveydellic said:

I had a caddy tell me that Keiser tried to buy this place for upwards of 5M, but was turned down.  That must have been in recent years, because the house actually went up for sale in 2007 and 2010 for less, but oddly never sold.  Same owners since 1990.  Essentially the only house that could be considered "on the course" at Bandon, as it's really close to 1 green on SR.  

Last week, we had a caddy tell us that Keiser offered $10 million for the house, but this caddy also had lots of other dubious stories so who knows.  🤣 

On 11/11/2021 at 11:33 PM, mallrat said:

Recommendations?

I'd +1 on both rooski & puttnforthe8's comments.  Stayed at La Kris once, the price was right (and no bed bugs thankfully), but I likely wouldn't stay there again. Certainly not for more than 1 night, was just kind of a crummy roadside motel.  

The Best Western Face Rock was nice for a Best Western and I would  happily stay there again.  Can also book with Amex points if you have them which is nice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1