Random Bandon Thread

buzlin

18 hours ago, ALTSean said:

Last week, we had a caddy tell us that Keiser offered $10 million for the house, but this caddy also had lots of other dubious stories so who knows.  🤣 

Caddie's stories are like Marvel movies - They are purely for entertainment and in no way should be relied upon for education. 

Edited by 2bGood
  • Like 4

Well, bittersweet Bandon cancellation for me.  Just had to bow out of a Memorial day weekend buddies trip for a bunch of 30 year olds.  Wife pregnant with our first, due mid May.  Wife said I only needed a 3 week window on either side and I could go, but sometimes the stars don't align.  Maybe one of the few valid reasons to back out of a Bandon trip!  It would have been my 4th trip, and everyone else's first so I was enjoying setting it all up and being there for everyone's first time.  Sounds like the show will still go on, but it will be painful when I am home changing diapers and seeing photos of the group, especially that time of year when the days are at their longest.

That said, my dad and I had booked a trip out for a month from now right before Christmas.  Convinced him to go from his Vail ski trip to Bandon...where I will meet him there.  Was going to only be a 2 nighter, but I just called and they had single room available so I am heading out early for a couple nights.  I'll have to drive back to Eugene to pick him up, but absolutely worth it.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, graveydellic said:

Well, bittersweet Bandon cancellation for me.  Just had to bow out of a Memorial day weekend buddies trip for a bunch of 30 year olds.  Wife pregnant with our first, due mid May.  Wife said I only needed a 3 week window on either side and I could go, but sometimes the stars don't align.  Maybe one of the few valid reasons to back out of a Bandon trip!  It would have been my 4th trip, and everyone else's first so I was enjoying setting it all up and being there for everyone's first time.  Sounds like the show will still go on, but it will be painful when I am home changing diapers and seeing photos of the group, especially that time of year when the days are at their longest.

That said, my dad and I had booked a trip out for a month from now right before Christmas.  Convinced him to go from his Vail ski trip to Bandon...where I will meet him there.  Was going to only be a 2 nighter, but I just called and they had single room available so I am heading out early for a couple nights.  I'll have to drive back to Eugene to pick him up, but absolutely worth it.   

That is certainly on the very small list of reasons to cancel / postpone a trip to BD - congrats man!!

I'll be there the 16th through the 23rd - what are y'alls tee times looking like?

19 hours ago, graveydellic said:

I woulda just taken the wife to Bandon and had your first there....Now that would be a golf trip!! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/24/2021 at 3:48 PM, Lefty_89 said:

That is certainly on the very small list of reasons to cancel / postpone a trip to BD - congrats man!!

I'll be there the 16th through the 23rd - what are y'alls tee times looking like?

17th I’m playing Bandon @ 10:50, 18th Trails @ 11:50.  Sunday no golf since I’ll be running back to Eugene.  20th is morning @ Pac, afternoon Trails.  21st morning on Bandon, afternoon @ Old Mac.

Only anticipating getting in 9 in the afternoon on that Monday/Tuesday.  Playing Trails solo is my personal nirvana so I’ll be locked in for that on Friday, but considering subbing out Bandon on Saturday for Old Mac.  Oddly enough this will be my 4th trip out and I’ve never played all 18 on Old Mac.  I can’t get enough of BD and Trails.  

Theres a tournament on Trails in the morning of the 17th, no clue what that is all about.  

18 hours ago, graveydellic said:

17th I’m playing Bandon @ 10:50, 18th Trails @ 11:50.  Sunday no golf since I’ll be running back to Eugene.  20th is morning @ Pac, afternoon Trails.  21st morning on Bandon, afternoon @ Old Mac.

Only anticipating getting in 9 in the afternoon on that Monday/Tuesday.  Playing Trails solo is my personal nirvana so I’ll be locked in for that on Friday, but considering subbing out Bandon on Saturday for Old Mac.  Oddly enough this will be my 4th trip out and I’ve never played all 18 on Old Mac.  I can’t get enough of BD and Trails.  

Theres a tournament on Trails in the morning of the 17th, no clue what that is all about.  

Solid schedule, especially if you set it up last minute. I'm the same away about BD and BT, got them twice during my trip. Ending the trip with a sunset (hopefully) round at BD. I'll be there with a big group and can't wait - added a couple nights extra so I could get a full week on property.

17th BD > 18th OM > 19th PD / Preserve > 20th SR > 21st BT / PD > 22nd BT / BD

Interesting to know about the Trails tournament on the 17th; if I remember right, Sheep or Pac was closed a couple days before Xmas for maintenance, but that's all I've heard so far.

Enjoy man, I'm sure we'll cross paths at some point!

Edited by Lefty_89

2 hours ago, ND2005 said:

Anyone know what time they open up the phone lines?

I want to say the lines are open from 8AM to 8PM PST.  That could be wrong, but I recall having a conversation with someone at 5pm PST thinking their day must be about over, and they informed me they are there much later.  

• Like 1

@T2GRNN2 welcome back.

Looks like you had good weather for your trip too, which is always nice.

Ping G430 LST 10.5* : Ventus Red TR 7S

Titleist TSR2 4W : Tensei 1K Black 85-S

Mizuno CLK 19*: Ventus Blue HB-8S

Srixon ZX Utility #4: Nippon Modus3 125-S

Wilson Staff CB 5-PW : Nippon Modus3 125-S

Cleveland Zipcore 50, 54, 58: Nippon Modus3 125-S 

Piretti Potenza 370g : Breakthrough Technology Stability Shaft - 34"

Yes, a great first three days... steady but not bad rain on Friday morning's round, then fog for the afternoon round.  Very little noticeable wind for first four days, but 2 club wind on Old Mac on Saturday.

Yup, the post Bandon trip "hangover" is in full force..... 😥

16 minutes ago, T2GRNN2 said:

Yup, the post Bandon trip "hangover" is in full force..... 😥

The guy  I went with, a first timer, and I have already discussed a last minute trip in March.

Ping G430 LST 10.5* : Ventus Red TR 7S

Titleist TSR2 4W : Tensei 1K Black 85-S

Mizuno CLK 19*: Ventus Blue HB-8S

Srixon ZX Utility #4: Nippon Modus3 125-S

Wilson Staff CB 5-PW : Nippon Modus3 125-S

Cleveland Zipcore 50, 54, 58: Nippon Modus3 125-S 

Piretti Potenza 370g : Breakthrough Technology Stability Shaft - 34"

Anyone have any recommendations for lodging or food/drink in Florence?  I am (unfortunately) flying into Portland next month for my trip, thinking I'll cut over to Lincoln City and then south along the ocean since I've got time to kill.  Florence appears to be my desired stopping location for the night.  

1 hour ago, graveydellic said:

Anyone have any recommendations for lodging or food/drink in Florence?  I am (unfortunately) flying into Portland next month for my trip, thinking I'll cut over to Lincoln City and then south along the ocean since I've got time to kill.  Florence appears to be my desired stopping location for the night.  

The Old Town Inn is perfectly fine and located well for walking a couple blocks to the restaurants and bars of downtown.

Little Brown Hen Cafe for breakfast - their thick/crispy bacon is awesome - and a Dutch Bros for the road and you're at the resort 1hr 20min later.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

River House Inn and Bridgewater for dinner, and I'll second the rec for Little Brown Hen for breakfast.

An alternative is to stop at Luna Sea in Yachats (20 min north of Florence) on the way down from Lincoln City.  Some of the best seafood on the central coast.  Drift Inn is also really good.  Yachats is kind of a tiny foodie mecca on the coast.

• Like 1

"take that, you miserable little white swine!"

I been on hold since 9am Eastern time.... Can golfwrx folks please hang up and let me in. Thanks. =P

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s
Callaway Apex Pro 4H ADDI 85s
Titleist T200 5i, T100 6-PW Accra i100
Titleist 50F-54S-58M Accra i105

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

8 minutes ago, jerebear21 said:

I been on hold since 9am Eastern time.... Can golfwrx folks please hang up and let me in. Thanks. =P

I was on hold from 7am Mountain time until 9am when my call was dropped right at the 2 hour mark.  I called back in right away at 9am mountain time and was on hold for exactly another two hours when the call was dropped again at the 2 hour mark.  So frustrating....  

I don't mind waiting on hold, but having two calls dropped at exactly two hours is so not Bandon-esque....

Just now, T2GRNN2 said:

I was on hold from 7am Mountain time until 9am when my call was dropped right at the 2 hour mark.  I called back in right away at 9am mountain time and was on hold for exactly another two hours when the call was dropped again at the 2 hour mark.  So frustrating....  

I don't mind waiting on hold, but having two calls dropped at exactly two hours is so not Bandon-esque....

The exact same thing happened to me. Not. Happy.

WITB

TaylorMade M5 (10.5) Graphite Design Tour AD GP 6 S

Callaway Rogue ST MAX (15) Graphite Design Tour AD F-75 S

Ping G425 (19) Mitsubishi TENSEI CK Pro Orange Hybrid 80 S

Mizuno MP-53 (4-PW, 22-46) Nippon Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 S

Titleist Vokey SM9 (50.12 F, 54.10 S @ 55, 60.10 S) Nippon Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 S

Edel McKenzie (35)

i'm on my 3rd drop call my man.  Trying to lock up 16 man ryder cup.  I got 8 man locked up in april of 2023 but now we got 8 more folks who want to jump in.  

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s
Callaway Apex Pro 4H ADDI 85s
Titleist T200 5i, T100 6-PW Accra i100
Titleist 50F-54S-58M Accra i105

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

Interesting, guess they never bumped up against that before, with call demand vs agent availability.

Worth mentioning when/if you do get through, they can hopefully fix that on the fly.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.