PXG 0211 irons - what do you think?

I bought a set on Ebay (pxg express) and cancelled my order (new set) with PXG. Somehow PXG from might be next week on the phone to already shipped it the next day on my new set. So I have 2 set of 0211 in my hand and both with MMT 80 stiff. The set from Ebay is really in excellent shape, like they said.

I have not take it to the store to measure yet, but both set compare to my Srixon which is at D3, it's a little bit light, probably a D1 or D2. The MMT 80 is actually 86 grams, probably slightly easier to achieve a higher swing weight than steel fiber i70.

I have one range session so far and they feels great. My ball striking with my iron are off at this moment but I am able to hit 0211 more consistent and MMT 80 seems to be slightly stiffer than modus 120 stiff which could be just how I swing it that day. My objective to order the 0211, other than the head is I want to play a lighter graphite shaft and the 0211 with the graphite shaft is the best deal out there. So far so good, going to play 18 this weekend and will report back.

TM Sim 10.5, VA Rajjin 64S
Titleist 16.5 TS2, GD AD TP 6S
Callaway Mavrik 5 Hybrid Project X Cataylst 70 6.0
Callaway Mavrik 3 Hybrid Project X Cataylst 70 6.0
Callaway Epic Forge, Steelfiber 90S
Miura Tour Wedge 54, Steelfiber 115cw S
TM MG2 58, KBS.

Scotty Cameron Big Sur Long Putter.

Snell MTB X.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems like everyone that plays the PXG's speak very highly of them.   And everyone that doesn't can't say enough bad things about them.

A hundred people will mention the price point. Why pay for PXG when Callaway, Cobra, Ping, etc perform just as good for a better price? Yet, Srixon performs just as good or better than those mentio

It’s official.... I picked up another set of 0211’s from PXG express. The Gen3 0311T’s are just a bit too demanding for me. I lost too much money in my weekend money group with the 0311T’s. Made way m

Posted Images

Please delete if inappropriate here.

I have several PXG boxes (including the 0211s that were shipped to me, as well as driver etc). These are really nice boxes. If anyone wants them, and if you are in New York City vicinity, ping me and you can have them (if you can pick them up). Before I throw them out, just checking. (I know I can sell them on ebay but not really interested in doing that).

I cut mine up into smaller boxes as I buy and sell... just saying. GolfWrx Ho!

• Like 1

PXG 0811X Proto+ Tensei Pro White 60s
PXG 0341x Proto 15* Diamana S+ 70S
PXG 0341x Proto 18* Diamana S+ 70S

PXG 0211 22* Hybrid Riptide 6.0
PXG 2019 0211 5-GW Elevate Tour S
PXG 0311 Forged 54*/Camo 60* Elevate Tour S 
PXG Gen2 Gunboat

Bridgestone BX

Hi ladies and gents, haven't been on GolfWRX in years. Had my first fitting ever today. For background, I’ll be 40 in July. I haven’t played in about five years due to Army deployment, hurting my back, having ulnar nerve relocation surgery, and my wife having a baby 1.5 years ago.

I currently have Titleist 735cm 4-P with Rifle flighted 5.5. I have a Big Bertha C4 8degree driver. I played my first 18 holes since 2015 yesterday and shot a 102. Not too bad, I struck the ball pretty decently, but had quite a few three putts.

Needless to say, after injuries and years on the body it’s time for an upgrade. Due to the PXG Heroes program, I signed up for a free fitting at Celebration Golf Club in Orlando.

I had no clue how it worked or what to expect but I showed at my 1pm appt with my current clubs. Hit for about 10 min to warm up and then Patrick came over and got me. He showed me all the club heads and told me of the differences. Started with a 0211 and the Tour shaft. It hit well, and I did ok but keep pushing to the right (an issue I have), hitting towards the toe. He decided I needed a different lie and so gave me a 2 degree upright. It worked, however I was hitting more towards the heel.

He didn’t have a 1 degree up in the 0211 but did in the 0311 so he gave me a 0311T since it was closest to head size that I was used to. He also added 1/2” shaft length too.

Oh wow that was it. Started nailing my shots. Hitting about 160-165. Even the mishits were going 150 and only 10 yds or so off target. Club head speed was 96mph.

His biggest thing was looking at landing angle. He said 50 degrees was perfect and I was landing at 48 consistently.

I wanted to try the 0311P to see the difference but I lost the landing angle down to about 42 degrees. The mishits were about the same as the T. They’re 1 degree stronger but I didn’t see much difference in hitting other than I didn’t like them as much.

I then decided to try a hybrid. I have never hit one before but I love my 4i in my current set so I hit the 22 degree with the stock stuff shaft. Oh wow, now I see what they’re all about. Loved it. I was hitting my 4i off the tee at about 195 and hit the hybrid about 200 but a much better forgiveness on mishits.

Tried the drivers too but wasn’t a huge fan.

Monday, 6/15, I ordered 0311T in Elevate Tour S in 5-PW, 1deg up, +1/2", two wraps under standard grips. Also they have the original 0311 wedges for $125 a piece. I got 52 and 58 to round out the bag. Still thinking about a 19deg hybrid in the future as well.

Overall a great experience and definitely a different result than I anticipated. Highly recommended. Looking forward to

• Like 4

welcome back to the game and thanks for your service!

• Like 2

Callaway Mavrik 9* w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 60
Callaway Mavrik 3 wood w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 70
Callaway Mavrik 3 hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 75

Callaway Rogue Heavenwood w/ Project X Evenflow Blue 75
PXG Gen 1 0311X 4 iron w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80
PXG 0211 5-PW w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

Cleveland CBX 52* and 56* w/ Rotex Graphite

Cleveland RTX4 60* w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Olson Manufacturing Legacy Stainless

Statement from PXG about shipping boxes, just as an FYI for anyone orderingPXG is currently reviewing all of our packaging to determine how and where we can become more eco-friendly. As part of this process, some shipments are being sent in more standard packaging (the brown box you might have seen) than our black PXG boxes. We apologize, but PXG wants to do their part. Thanks for being a part of the PXG troops!

Wow. I thought most of the $60 shipping cost was because of the box. If I got a brown box, I would want a 50% reduction in shipping costs.

Srixon Z585, 10.5*
TaylorMade SIM Max 5 wood 18*

Titleist TS2 21* hybrid
Cobra DWS 23*, Nippon 950GH
Callaway X-14 5-PW

Vokey SM7 52F
Vokey SM7 56M

Vokey 60M
TaylorMade Ardmore 1

No I was not fit, I ordered during the shut down because of the price. I was going off my ping i e1 specs(1/2 degree flat). So I ordered the 0211's 1 degree flat. Was hitting alot toward the toe, and "just Didn't feel right". I know some of it is my swing, but this was more than normal.So, I had my friend at Golf USA bend them to standard, to very slightly upright. I really couldn't believe the night and day difference. Immediately center strikes. Yes, some still slightly toward the toe due to my swing, but nothing like before.

I got my 0211 last week...happy that they got to me...but...it arrived with a normal brown box, I'm getting my putter on Wed., maybe it will be in a black box and the irons are hitting outstanding...

Driver: Srixon ZX5 Driver, 10.5*, Mistubishi Tensei CK Red 50, Regular

5-Wood - Ping G425 Max, 17.5 deg. Alta CB, 65gm, Regular

Hybrid- Ping G425 - 3 hybrid,  Alta CB, 70gm, Regular

Hybrid - Ping G425 - 5 hybrid, Alta CB, 70gm, Regular

Irons - Srixon ZX5 - 5 thru P, NS Pro 950GH Neo, Regular

Wedges - Cleveland CBX2 Black Satin, 50*, 54* and 58*

Putter - Ping Vault 2.0, B60, 34* shaft

Balls - Srixon Q-Star Tour

Just got back from the range.

I hit about 30-40 shots with the PXG 0211's and wow, they are superb.

I went with the Elevate Tour in S, and came from Nippon Modus 120 X in my Srixon irons. First impression was the PXGs felt much lighter, which I didn't mind but if you are particular with your swing weight you'll probably have some work to do to dial them in. To my surprise, feel wasn't too different from the Nippon Modus, actually slightly prefer the Elevate Tours. The vibration dampening is legit, and to be honest I think the only difference (that I could tell) was that the Srixons gave slightly better feedback on mishits. However for me personally, the benefits of the vibration dampening outweigh the small improvement in feedback. Shaft felt extraordinarily smooth throughout the swing with a nice snap at the bottom. Distance was about 5-10 yards longer than the Srixon z745, and about 5-7 yards longer than the z545 long irons. Turf interaction was equally as good, which was a pleasant surprise considering the lack of V sole I've become accustomed to over the last 4-5 years. The PXG 0211s really just want to go straight, which I love since I don't curve the ball much. I could could hit small 5 yard draws and fades, but stock shot was pretty much straight. If you like to work the ball this could be a detriment to your style of play. Forgiveness was so much better, it's no contest. Seriously. Humble brag I hit probably 80-90% of my shots flush, but the ones I didn't were hardly discernable in both distance and flight. Feedback was there but didn't punish my hands like my Srixons do. Barely lower flight and maybe 5-7 yards distance loss for thin shots (which is my normal miss). I'm very impressed with the forgiveness packed into the club. Feel was really good. This might sound strange but the feel was better than 99% of the shots hit with my Srixons. Solidly struck shots melt off the club face, feels like a marshmallow. The only time I can remember the Srixons feeling better was when I have nutted a long iron. So maybe if you have some serious swing speed you might prefer a traditional forging. But in a blind test I would have picked the PXGs all day.

Overall, definitely worth the wait. Buy some, seriously, probably the best golf investment I've ever made. I don't hoe much so maybe that's not saying much, I find a winner and keep them in the stable for years.

Here is a video from the range to get an idea of sound and turf interaction, I'm sorry the angle is such trash :/http://youtu.be/inFChRtPGro

• Like 3

The more I play with the 0211s, the more I love them. Really getting the distances dialed in and the feel is just superb.

I’ve played AP2s, i200s then dabbled with hollow player’s distance irons... p790s to i500s then Honma TW X. These 0211’s, for me, have been the best of the lot by a fair margin in feel, forgiveness and accuracy/distance control. The lighter heads and Elevate shafts work for me as I’ve been working to smooth out my swing tempo.

For me, these heads and shaft are the complete package.

• Like 1

Taylormade SIM MAX driver 10.5 Ventus R
Taylormade SIM MAX 3w 15 Ventus R
Taylormade SIM MAX 5w 18 Ventus R
Taylormade SIM MAX 4h 22 Ventus R
PXG 0211 5-LW
Taylormade Spider X Chalk
OUUL Gator cart bag