PXG 0211 irons - what do you think?

jjfcpa

> @jgonz69 said:

> Just pulled the trigger on the 0211, 5-lw, $105 per club and I got the steelfiber i95 cw for $25 upcharge. Free gen1 0811x driver with Fujikura 2.0 65g stiff and Bat Attack 375g for $95. So 11 clubs for $115, not bad.

> (This is pxg hero pricing).

I just did a similar order. 0211 5-gw w/ elevate 95 S. The free Gen1 0811x with evenflow 65 S. And a Bat Attack 400g double bend 33"(will likely cut it down another inch). And it all came out to over $400 less than I paid for my G700 irons last year. Too much of a deal for me to pass up.

I ordered 5-p elevate tour shafts and got the free driver Fuji pro2. Ordered 7/7 and was told today Club’s would probably ship Tuesday or Wednesday. Looking forward to getting them on course (although I did just build a set of Epon 703/303 that I hit really well this weekend).

All Clubs subject to change relative to my last bad round of golf......

> @NDGolfer13 said:

> I ordered 5-p elevate tour shafts and got the free driver Fuji pro2. Ordered 7/7 and was told today Club’s would probably ship Tuesday or Wednesday. Looking forward to getting them on course (although I did just build a set of Epon 703/303 that I hit really well this weekend).

Nice, I ordered on 7/5 so if true I should be getting mine by end of next week.

• Like 1

My 6iron thru gap wedge (Elevate Tour Stiff Shafts) order happened 7/6 with free 0811xf driver, full weight kit and a Gen2 Operator (Plumbers Neck) putter.

That turned into adding the SW and LW to the order on 7/8.

That turned into adding the 5iron to the order on 7/10.

That turned into me selling my Titleist TS2 driver, 3wood and (2) 818 H1 hybrids(19* and 23*), which in turn created another change order for....

0341x 3 Wood & 5 Wood and a 22 degree 0317x Hybrid.

I've also scoured eBay for brand new black lifted premium leather headcovers for the Driver, 3, 5 and Hybrid already.

I'm all in.....

Give me some of that extreme golf kool-aid.

*Update: new order just shipped for Darkness Viper Divot Tool, Lifted Bag Tag, Darkness Triangle Knockout Ball Marker and a limited Darkness 3D cap.

Someone help me, I have a problem.

• Like 1

> @adamsbrian74 said:

> My 6iron thru gap wedge (Elevate Tour Stiff Shafts) order happened 7/6 with free 0811xf driver, full weight kit and a Gen2 Operator (Plumbers Neck) putter.

> That turned into adding the SW and LW to the order on 7/8.

> That turned into adding the 5iron to the order on 7/10.

> That turned into me selling my Titleist TS2 driver, 3wood and (2) 818 H1 hybrids(19* and 23*), which in turn created another change order for....

> 0341x 3 Wood & 5 Wood and a 22 degree 0317x Hybrid.

> I've also scoured eBay for brand new black lifted premium leather headcovers for the Driver, 3, 5 and Hybrid already.

> I'm all in.....

> Give me some of that extreme golf kool-aid.

>

> *Update: new order just shipped for Darkness Viper Divot Tool, Lifted Bag Tag, Darkness Triangle Knockout Ball Marker and a limited Darkness 3D cap.

>

> Someone help me, I have a problem.

Kaboom Baby! I am on track to have a full PXG bag too. Picking up my 0211 4 iron to start pushing out my P790’s.

Wedges are going to be my stopping point. Those prices for wedges are crazy!

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

> @OspreyCI said:

> > @adamsbrian74 said:

> > My 6iron thru gap wedge (Elevate Tour Stiff Shafts) order happened 7/6 with free 0811xf driver, full weight kit and a Gen2 Operator (Plumbers Neck) putter.

> > That turned into adding the SW and LW to the order on 7/8.

> > That turned into adding the 5iron to the order on 7/10.

> > That turned into me selling my Titleist TS2 driver, 3wood and (2) 818 H1 hybrids(19* and 23*), which in turn created another change order for....

> > 0341x 3 Wood & 5 Wood and a 22 degree 0317x Hybrid.

> > I've also scoured eBay for brand new black lifted premium leather headcovers for the Driver, 3, 5 and Hybrid already.

> > I'm all in.....

> > Give me some of that extreme golf kool-aid.

> >

> > *Update: new order just shipped for Darkness Viper Divot Tool, Lifted Bag Tag, Darkness Triangle Knockout Ball Marker and a limited Darkness 3D cap.

> >

> > Someone help me, I have a problem.

>

> Kaboom Baby! I am on track to have a full PXG bag too. Picking up my 0211 4 iron to start pushing out my P790’s.

>

> Wedges are going to be my stopping point. Those prices for wedges are crazy!

That's why I just chose to add the 0211 SW and LW. @ $105 each I had to try them.

Wish I could have paid an upgrade from the Gen1 to the Gen2 driver though. I'm not pumped (even though it is free) at swinging the Gen1 driver knowing they made such great improvements in the Gen2 for the Driver/Woods this year. I'll give it a go though....hoping same, if not better flight than my TS2 driver I just sold.

> @JDMRN81 said:

> > @NDGolfer13 said:

> > I ordered 5-p elevate tour shafts and got the free driver Fuji pro2. Ordered 7/7 and was told today Club’s would probably ship Tuesday or Wednesday. Looking forward to getting them on course (although I did just build a set of Epon 703/303 that I hit really well this weekend).

> Nice, I ordered on 7/5 so if true I should be getting mine by end of next week.

>

Just got notice mine shipped today so you will probably hear soon.

> @1Mordrid1 said:

> > @rjp322 said:

> > I’ve got about 5 rounds in with em now and I can say they are probably the best iron I’ve ever played. Incredibly impressed and would recommend to anyone

>

> Did you get the 0211 SW or LW. And if you did, how is the spin on them compared to other wedges?

I did not. Just the gw. I did try the 0311 wedges and I liked my vokeys more

I love it, see if PXG could make a more affordable iron people would jump on them. All of those over priced Frankenstien looking clubs I'm sure performed but now look at every OEM out there. $325 per iron and look at all the technology they came up with. Sure mostly hype like PXG when they came out. Then you have the law suits that came out against TM and it didn't go in favorer for PXG. These 0211's sound like very nice clubs and I hope they do well and maybe other OEM's will start bringing their prices back down

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

3W: Callaway  Paradym X 3w/ Graphite Design Tour AD CQ5  

5/7W: Callaway Paradym X / Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 silver 5.5

Irons:  Titleist T-350 w/Aerotech i80r

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore 48* and 54* w/Aerotech i95r

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

Mine delivered today with my driver. They look fantastic. Didn’t have a chance to hit them as work is kicking my ....... but I will say I love the look and the driver headcover is really nice. I think they will certainly be keepers.

Hit em straight. And if your in an area with heat warnings like I am be safe this weekend.

> @rjp322 said:

> > @1Mordrid1 said:

> > > @rjp322 said:

> > > I’ve got about 5 rounds in with em now and I can say they are probably the best iron I’ve ever played. Incredibly impressed and would recommend to anyone

> >

> > Did you get the 0211 SW or LW. And if you did, how is the spin on them compared to other wedges?

>

> I did not. Just the gw. I did try the 0311 wedges and I liked my vokeys more

>

I’m playing 50/54/59 SM7 with my 211 as well. I like a more compact wedge. Although I’m sure the 0211 wedges would have performed well. Just not sure I’d love looking down on a wedge that substantial.

> @NDGolfer13 said:

> Mine delivered today with my driver. They look fantastic. Didn’t have a chance to hit them as work is kicking my ....... but I will say I love the look and the driver headcover is really nice. I think they will certainly be keepers.

>

> Hit em straight. And if your in an area with heat warnings like I am be safe this weekend.

Is the driver cover brown or black?

> @adamsbrian74 said:

> > @NDGolfer13 said:

> > Mine delivered today with my driver. They look fantastic. Didn’t have a chance to hit them as work is kicking my ....... but I will say I love the look and the driver headcover is really nice. I think they will certainly be keepers.

> >

> > Hit em straight. And if your in an area with heat warnings like I am be safe this weekend.

>

> Is the driver cover brown or black?

Black with khaki pxg raised lettering

> @NDGolfer13 said:

> > @rjp322 said:

> > > @1Mordrid1 said:

> > > > @rjp322 said:

> > > > I’ve got about 5 rounds in with em now and I can say they are probably the best iron I’ve ever played. Incredibly impressed and would recommend to anyone

> > >

> > > Did you get the 0211 SW or LW. And if you did, how is the spin on them compared to other wedges?

> >

> > I did not. Just the gw. I did try the 0311 wedges and I liked my vokeys more

> >

>

> I’m playing 50/54/59 SM7 with my 211 as well. I like a more compact wedge. Although I’m sure the 0211 wedges would have performed well. Just not sure I’d love looking down on a wedge that substantial.

They’re a progressive set and the one I looked at on the range didn’t look all that big to me. Very compact for set wedges. I ordered a full set and received notice today they shipped.

> @JDMRN81 said:

> > @NDGolfer13 said:

> > > @rjp322 said:

> > > > @1Mordrid1 said:

> > > > > @rjp322 said:

> > > > > I’ve got about 5 rounds in with em now and I can say they are probably the best iron I’ve ever played. Incredibly impressed and would recommend to anyone

> > > >

> > > > Did you get the 0211 SW or LW. And if you did, how is the spin on them compared to other wedges?

> > >

> > > I did not. Just the gw. I did try the 0311 wedges and I liked my vokeys more

> > >

> >

> > I’m playing 50/54/59 SM7 with my 211 as well. I like a more compact wedge. Although I’m sure the 0211 wedges would have performed well. Just not sure I’d love looking down on a wedge that substantial.

>

> They’re a progressive set and the one I looked at on the range didn’t look all that big to me. Very compact for set wedges. I ordered a full set and received notice today they shipped.

>

>

Nice. They are good looking clubs for sure. And all reviews seem to point at the fact they feel great as well.

Hit em straight.

The hero pricing on these should be a no brainer for folks, even sight unseen. I will test these against Titleist and Mizuno this fall once all are released but $220 a stick for TI x100 puts these behind for sure.

• Like 1

Titleist TSi2 9 - Ventus Blue 6x
Titleist TSi2 16.5 - Ventus Red 7x

Titleist TSi2 21 - Ventus Red 8x
Titleist T200 / T100 - KBS Tour X

Vokey SM8 Raw 50F, 56D, 60M - s400
SC Newport 2 SS / Pro Platinum Mid-Slant

> @phi482 said:

> The hero pricing on these should be a no brainer for folks, even sight unseen. I will test these against Titleist and Mizuno this fall once all are released but $220 a stick for TI x100 puts these behind for sure.

I'm not the biggest PXG fan, but at $105 per iron, eligible folks would be foolish not to jump on that. None of the OEMs can beat that.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

> @jgonz69 said:

> Just pulled the trigger on the 0211, 5-lw, $105 per club and I got the steelfiber i95 cw for $25 upcharge. Free gen1 0811x driver with Fujikura 2.0 65g stiff and Bat Attack 375g for $95. So 11 clubs for $115, not bad.

Boom did something similar frankly I hit the 0211s against my Gen1 and the Gen2 and 0211s felt solid. I mean same face as the Gen2 and same tech is anyone going to tell diff between cast or forged body?

> @adamsbrian74 said:

> My 6iron thru gap wedge (Elevate Tour Stiff Shafts) order happened 7/6 with free 0811xf driver, full weight kit and a Gen2 Operator (Plumbers Neck) putter.

> That turned into adding the SW and LW to the order on 7/8.

> That turned into adding the 5iron to the order on 7/10.

> That turned into me selling my Titleist TS2 driver, 3wood and (2) 818 H1 hybrids(19* and 23*), which in turn created another change order for....

> 0341x 3 Wood & 5 Wood and a 22 degree 0317x Hybrid.

> I've also scoured eBay for brand new black lifted premium leather headcovers for the Driver, 3, 5 and Hybrid already.

> I'm all in.....

> Give me some of that extreme golf kool-aid.

>

> *Update: new order just shipped for Darkness Viper Divot Tool, Lifted Bag Tag, Darkness Triangle Knockout Ball Marker and a limited Darkness 3D cap.

>

> Someone help me, I have a problem.

Problem buying great clubs haha . Also the Gen2 putters feel awesome I have the Lucky D and picked up a Gen1 Brandon.

> @jgonz69 said:

yeah insane they give you a free driver with order and you can also pick up a gen1 putter for $95 I got a 10.5 0811x with Evenflow so not only free driver but a $175-200 shaft if handcrafted.

> @ssfranny said:

> > @jgonz69 said:

> > Just pulled the trigger on the 0211, 5-lw, $105 per club and I got the steelfiber i95 cw for $25 upcharge. Free gen1 0811x driver with Fujikura 2.0 65g stiff and Bat Attack 375g for $95. So 11 clubs for $115, not bad.

> > (This is pxg hero pricing).

>

> yeah insane they give you a free driver with order and you can also pick up a gen1 putter for $95 I got a 10.5 0811x with Evenflow so not only free driver but a $175-200 shaft if handcrafted.

I think all their Evenflows are the handcrafted versions!

• Like 1