PXG 0211 irons - what do you think?

1 hour ago, Minarets said:

How do the 0211 look compared to 0311P? Top line? Blade length? Offset? 

im going to get a new set next month and currently play the 0311 Gen 1.  Like the look of the new JPX 921 F when I hit them the other day but they look almost identical to my 0311 at address. 

I am getting fit at PXG next Sat and I will let you know. I am bringing my 0211’s to compare to Gen2 P’s (Gen3 still out of my price range). I’ll snap some photos.

Getting driver, hybrid and putter fitting too. 

• Like 1

PXG 0811x Gen2 smoke Yellow
TM M4 15* AD DI 6S Black
TM M2 #3 19* Fujikura
PXG 0211 4-PW Modus 120S
TM MG2 50* Modus 120S
TM MG2 54*
TM HT 60*
Scotty Special Select NP2

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A hundred people will mention the price point. Why pay for PXG when Callaway, Cobra, Ping, etc perform just as good for a better price? Yet, Srixon performs just as good or better than those mentio

Seems like everyone that plays the PXG's speak very highly of them.   And everyone that doesn't can't say enough bad things about them.

I hated to cancel my 0211 order but fortunately found a new set on eBay. The soles were pristine with just a few ball marks that brushed right off. I initially ordered 5-L but got this set 4-L in the

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Minarets said:

How do the 0211 look compared to 0311P? Top line? Blade length? Offset? 

im going to get a new set next month and currently play the 0311 Gen 1.  Like the look of the new JPX 921 F when I hit them the other day but they look almost identical to my 0311 at address. 

I bought my son some used 0311 Gen 1 from EBay.  I compared them side by side with my 0211.  The 0211 are slightly bigger at address, but honestly I couldn't really tell much of a difference otherwise in top line or offset.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, OspreyCI said:

I am getting fit at PXG next Sat and I will let you know. I am bringing my 0211’s to compare to Gen2 P’s (Gen3 still out of my price range). I’ll snap some photos.

Getting driver, hybrid and putter fitting too. 

I'm still considering Gen 3 P only because of the discount.  With Steelfibers I'm looking at $2400. Still a lot but I hit them last week and was so impressed with the feel.   Need to hit again.   

• Like 1

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 10.5*
Irons: PXG 0311 4-PW
Hybrids: PXG 0317X 17*, 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, Taylormade Bigfoot Hi-Toe 60*
Putter: Ping Vault 2.0 Ketcsh (solid black)  
Bag: Titleist Players 4 (Green) (something new is coming, cant decide.)
Ball: Titleist Pro V1 or Snell MTB-X

I finally got to hit the 921 Forged today. Really nice, but man the 0211’s stack up well against any forged club. Can’t wait to demo Gen2. Wish I had the bank roll for Gen3’s. I will not demo them again, makes me want them too much. 

I will reiterate, the 0211 feel really forged. I just want a smaller package is all. 

• Like 1

TM M4 15* AD DI 6S Black
TM M2 #3 19* Fujikura
PXG 0211 4-PW Modus 120S
TM MG2 50* Modus 120S
TM MG2 54*
TM HT 60*

I did a club champion fitting on the 921 line and they were good but the 0211 are better for me, now if I had done the 921 fitting off grass I may have come away with a different impression but off mats they were not for me. 

Your thoughts about them feeling as good as forged echo's what I experienced, they lacked nothing in the feel department. Just a touch large, but I can get over that in 3-4 rounds of better golf.

• Like 1

I also ordered my in standard .50" length gaps but .50" over standard so off a 38.5" 5 iron. The PXG way the lengths are kind of strange and I did not want to get into something like that. 

They are real good about doing custom orders it seems, now we will see if they hit the Swing weight I asked for, D3 in the 4-9 and D5 in the wedges. 

Anyone have a hard adjustment going from thinner soled irons to these? The soles seem wide in the mid and long irons. I am considering getting a set of these. Coming from Callaway epic pro irons ....

Callaway epic 9.0
Cobra bio cell 3/4
Ping G 19 degree hybrid
Ping ie1 4-AW modus 105
Callaway MD3 54/58 wedges
Cleveland HB soft 11 putter 35

17 hours ago, Jim53 said:

I did a club champion fitting on the 921 line and they were good but the 0211 are better for me, now if I had done the 921 fitting off grass I may have come away with a different impression but off mats they were not for me. 

Your thoughts about them feeling as good as forged echo's what I experienced, they lacked nothing in the feel department. Just a touch large, but I can get over that in 3-4 rounds of better golf.

Did you get to hit the Forged against the 0211? What’s your thoughts? I see the 0211’s were better than the 921’s, but have any inputs specifically on the Forged vs 0211? Appreciate it. 

TM M4 15* AD DI 6S Black
TM M2 #3 19* Fujikura
PXG 0211 4-PW Modus 120S
TM MG2 50* Modus 120S
TM MG2 54*
TM HT 60*

I just did not find them to be better for me and I am a forged guy, it may have been hitting off mats inside since I am normally bad in that situation anyway.

But I hit my gamers (honma TR20P) and just nothing was better from the forged or HMP's, the numbers were nearly identical so no reason to spend the money. I did not hit the 0211 that day, I was pretty burned out at the end of 100 (6) irons shots off a mat and frankly the 0211 were not on the radar at the time. What got me interested was the PING i500 was the only head that beat my gamers with the same shafts so I got to thinking of the 0211 and did the PXG fitting.

The 0211 gave me better numbers off grass than the honma's and you could throw a tarp over the shot pattern, so it was a no branier for the price and the fitter just proved to me the MMT 80 was better for my swing. More ball speed, slightly more Club head speed and better dispersion even when tired.

• Thanks 1

Anyone have an issue In adjusting with sole width on these? Out of the rough etc..I am considering these coming from epic pro irons. Thanks

Callaway epic 9.0
Cobra bio cell 3/4
Ping G 19 degree hybrid
Ping ie1 4-AW modus 105

1 minute ago, SCOTT4099 said:

Anyone have an issue In adjusting with sole width on these? Out of the rough etc..I am considering these coming from epic pro irons. Thanks

Sorry I double posted......

Callaway epic 9.0
Cobra bio cell 3/4
Ping G 19 degree hybrid
Ping ie1 4-AW modus 105

My first day with the 0211's. 

Well, FedEx misrouted my 0211's, 5i - Gap, but the wait if finally over, they arrived today!!

First, opening the black box is special. The packaging is perfect and the clubs look incredible. The black MMT 80 shafts really compliment the heads. I find the heads to be more compact than I expected (yes, I ordered blind). I later compared it to a couple of heads and it is the same size as the PING i200 and Wishon 565MMC. The sole width and profile is almost a mirror image of the i200. 

I had read so many stories about how light these feel and some WRX'ers have received, I I had to take the 8 iron out to the shop and put it on the swing weight scale just to put my mind at ease.  It was E0 without a grip. This is perfect as I had ordered the irons at D1. I later found this to be consistent through all the irons with no more than 1/4 swing weight point variance. Until I got to the PW and Gap wedge. They came in at E1, which is preferred. I put my preferred grips on them with air so I can take them off easily if I don't like the shafts and choose to have PXG change them. With the grips (no tape), the irons SW at D1.5. the PW and Gap are at D2. That done, later during my lunch break (last day working at home), I gripped the rest. This afternoon of course, I headed to the range like all good WRX'ers would.

I warmed up with some wedges and when I felt I could put a good swing on one, grabbed the 8 iron. Nice smooth 3/4 swing and it felt really good. I've been playing forged irons for a long time, and between the 0211 head and MMT shaft it was as smooth as any iron I've ever hit. Mid penetrating trajectory. Ball landed surprisingly softly, even though it was a hard range ball. I found quickly that my natural flight with these is a consistent, small 3 yard draw. I worked with my grip and clubhead alignment to hit a fade, which is the hardest shot for me to hit well with an iron. I managed mostly straight flight that faded a bit at or near the apex. Maybe 2 yards. 

All in all, VERY happy with the contact, feel and sound of these. My contact was mostly center to slightly heel side. I did hit 3 toward the toe and I was pleased by how well they flew. On a few "thins", (my miss), I found the 0211 performed admirably and didn't punish the hands, although I knew exactly where the contact was. 

As for dispersion, these irons are very consistent for all irons, 5-gap. I say this knowing that I did not have my best swing with me today. I will be playing a practice round thursday and I have enough comfort to put these in the bag see how they perform on the course. 

The only question I have at this time is whether it was simply my swing, the range balls, the windy day or the shafts that had me feeling like I was 1/2 to a full club short with these. That is even compared to my so-called players cavity forged irons that are lofted a club weaker than the 0211's. My forged 34* 7 iron is my 160 club. The 35* 0211 8 iron was only carrying 150'ish. The jury is still out, but I'm going to give the MMT's an honest chance. They feel as good as they look. If these begin to match distances, loft for loft as my old irons, the MMT's get to stay. If not, I'll have to send them back for the Elevates Stiff. 

It's only one moderate range session. I really like these irons. It's now a matter of which shaft I'll end up with.

• Like 2

It matters not what others call you, but what you answer to.

beer-goggles-on-glass-of-beer.jpg.c3e909aed71161ad053a32287bd7c3ed.jpg
Wishon 919THI  9* S2S Black 65 S
Wishon 929HS  14* S2S White S
Wishon 775HS   21* S2S Black Hybrids S
Wishon 575MMC Forged 4-A Superlight steel S
PING Glide 3.0  54*SS & 60* Eye2
Ping Anser3 Swan neck MgBr putter

I was playing the Wishon Super Light stiff flex in the 575MMC forged CB’s. 

It matters not what others call you, but what you answer to.

beer-goggles-on-glass-of-beer.jpg.c3e909aed71161ad053a32287bd7c3ed.jpg
Wishon 919THI  9* S2S Black 65 S
Wishon 929HS  14* S2S White S
Wishon 775HS   21* S2S Black Hybrids S
Wishon 575MMC Forged 4-A Superlight steel S
PING Glide 3.0  54*SS & 60* Eye2
Ping Anser3 Swan neck MgBr putter

Thanks for the thoughts @Twin2L! I’m eager but nervous to try out the MMT’s coming from Modus 105X. I’d love to hear what you think after you use them on the course.

Titleist 915 D3 - Fujikura Pro 73 Tour Spec X
Titleist 917f - Tour AD DI 7s
Adams XTD DHy 3 - KBS C Taper Lite S

Callaway Apex Utility 24 - Aerotech i110 XStiff
Ping s55 5 thru P - Modus 105x
TaylorMade R Series - 52, 56, 60 - Modus 120x
Odyssey White Hot XG #7

Do these have less bounce than let’s say P790’s. I do find that I dig with these a bit more than normal. Yes, I am a steep swinger anyway, but these seem to dig more. Anyone else have this issue? 

TM M4 15* AD DI 6S Black
TM M2 #3 19* Fujikura
PXG 0211 4-PW Modus 120S
TM MG2 50* Modus 120S
TM MG2 54*
TM HT 60*

1 hour ago, OspreyCI said:

Do these have less bounce than let’s say P790’s. I do find that I dig with these a bit more than normal. Yes, I am a steep swinger anyway, but these seem to dig more. Anyone else have this issue? 

Interesting- I played P790s right before the 0211s. I’m not a digger. Can’t recall many turf issues. But looks like the PXG do have much higher bounce if each website is accurate. P790 5 iron is 2*, 0211 is 7*. Early on I did have a few issues with the 0211s, but attributed it more to soggy fairways. Much better for me now. 

• Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, JAM01 said:

Interesting- I played P790s right before the 0211s. I’m not a digger. Can’t recall many turf issues. But looks like the PXG do have much higher bounce if each website is accurate. P790 5 iron is 2*, 0211 is 7*. Early on I did have a few issues with the 0211s, but attributed it more to soggy fairways. Much better for me now. 

Where can I find the bounce on TM irons? I don’t see it on their website. Thanks. 

TM M4 15* AD DI 6S Black
TM M2 #3 19* Fujikura
PXG 0211 4-PW Modus 120S
TM MG2 50* Modus 120S
TM MG2 54*
TM HT 60*

On 7/16/2020 at 4:02 AM, dekez said:

I just replaced my Ping G25 irons with PXG 0211. Mine have the Elevate 95 stiff (non-tour) steel shaft. I really like them. The feel is outstanding. I find them to be more precise than the Pings which I had fitted with Nippon 950GH shafts (my favorite shaft). I also hit them higher. They are less forgiving in turf interaction because they have less bounce than the G25. They play more like the Mizuno JPX 919 in this regard. At their current price, I don't think there's a better value out there. Unless you go used.

Funny that you say that because the PXG 0211s are higher in bounce than all three

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Thanks 1

Hmm, checked the order tracker even though I know its going be a few weeks and yesterday it said order pulled and start on 9/30. Today it says order received and nothing about being pulled, I hope that means they are moving faster than anticipated or they lost my stuff.

I hate waiting for new clubs, all the anticipation of buying a game and not having to practice is so much fun. Then they arrive and surprise the scores don't change at all, but I am always expecting they will so I keep trying and buying.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Jim53 said:

Hmm, checked the order tracker even though I know its going be a few weeks and yesterday it said order pulled and start on 9/30. Today it says order received and nothing about being pulled, I hope that means they are moving faster than anticipated or they lost my stuff.

I hate waiting for new clubs, all the anticipation of buying a game and not having to practice is so much fun. Then they arrive and surprise the scores don't change at all, but I am always expecting they will so I keep trying and buying.

I ordered the 0211s in waves, each time there was a estimated pull date/assembly date that went away. Right around the time of that date they moved to final inspection and then shipped. 

I’m a very steep digger and usually do well with irons that have lots of camber. I have no problems with the 0211’s and wonder if the listed bounce is an effective measurement as opposed to actual? I may be confused but I believe more camber effectively creates more bounce. 

Callaway Mavrik 9* w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 60
Callaway Mavrik 3 wood w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 70
Callaway Rogue Heavenwood w/ Project X Evenflow Blue 75
PXG Gen 1 0311X 4 iron w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80
PXG 0211 5-PW w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

Cleveland CBX 52* and 56* w/ Rotex Graphite

Cleveland RTX4 60* w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Olson Manufacturing Legacy Stainless

15 minutes ago, dxdgenert said:

I’m a very steep digger and usually do well with irons that have lots of camber. I have no problems with the 0211’s and wonder if the listed bounce is an effective measurement as opposed to actual? I may be confused but I believe more camber effectively creates more bounce. 

Might be a good point. The chart shows a lot of bounce for the 0211. 

TM M4 15* AD DI 6S Black
TM M2 #3 19* Fujikura
PXG 0211 4-PW Modus 120S
TM MG2 50* Modus 120S
TM MG2 54*
TM HT 60*

16 hours ago, Rbsiedsc said:

Funny that you say that because the PXG 0211s are higher in bounce than all three

image.png

image.png

image.png

Hmm. Well that is interesting.  My impression still stands.  Perhaps its due to narrower sole or less offset?  I'll get a caliper out and measure both.  Or maybe its a placebo. 

Ping G410 Plus driver
Cobra F8 and F6 Baffler woods
Callaway XR hybrids
PXG 0211 irons 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54/14 and Zing Lob wedges
Ping Sigma G Craz-E putter
12 minutes ago, dekez said:

Hmm. Well that is interesting.  My impression still stands.  Perhaps its due to narrower sole or less offset?  I'll get a caliper out and measure both.  Or maybe its a placebo. 

For anyone interested, here is a quick comparison of the sole width of the G25 and the 0211 using calipers.  I no longer have my JPX 919 Hot Metals.

PW  0211 is 19.8mm  G25 is 22.93mm

7I    0211 is 21mm  G25 is 22.35mm

How bounce sole width and camber interrelate I don't know.

• Like 1
Ping G410 Plus driver
Cobra F8 and F6 Baffler woods
Callaway XR hybrids
PXG 0211 irons 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54/14 and Zing Lob wedges
Ping Sigma G Craz-E putter