PXG 0211 irons - what do you think?

Irons performed really well today. Hit some solid shots (MyRound pro isn’t loading so I can’t pull my favorites). Working on flatting my swing so things weren’t perfect by it about 70% solid ( I did shank two 6Is on par threes that cost me) My 4i is starting to become my favorite club. Looking forward for my DI to come in to see if that carries through. Shot of the day was a 120 yard par 3. Pulled my GW to about 15 feet. Sadly three putted as there was a back slope behind the hole(always read the whole green 😑)

Hit several other great shots. An 8i over a pine tree to within 20 ft on a par 5 from 150, a PW just off the green on a par 3, pin high from 140 downhill and a 4i just short of the green almost 200 out on a par 4 ( went 4i/4i to keep my ball in play. Drive with 4i got plugged otherwise I would have gotten another clubs worth of roll )

Overall am over the moon with these. If it wasn’t for my dr/3w/3H issues causing me to lose balls or leave me in terrible positions off the tee, I would have shot a personal best.  ( putter was on fire and had 33 putts only)

Next round likely will be only iron play to see if I can score lower. 

Driver: Epic Flash SZ with XStiff XLR8 Draw Setup

3W: Epic Flash SZ with HZRDUS Yellow 6.5 UPRT or PXG 0311X 2I HZRDUS Smoke Black S 2.5* upright

3H: Sub 70 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff UPRT setting

4-AW: PXG 0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long

Wedges  54*,60*:  Ping S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up

Putter:  Toulon Las Vegas Stroke Lab 

Ball: Snell MTB or KSigs or Srixon Z Star XV

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A hundred people will mention the price point. Why pay for PXG when Callaway, Cobra, Ping, etc perform just as good for a better price? Yet, Srixon performs just as good or better than those mentio

Seems like everyone that plays the PXG's speak very highly of them.   And everyone that doesn't can't say enough bad things about them.

I hated to cancel my 0211 order but fortunately found a new set on eBay. The soles were pristine with just a few ball marks that brushed right off. I initially ordered 5-L but got this set 4-L in the

Posted Images

I took these on the course yesterday for the first time.

I'm a 100+ golfer yet, but these play really nice.  I feel I actually hit irons okay, it's my wedge play, erratic drives, and less than stellar putting that ruin my scores.

My first par 3 I hit the green 12 feet from the hole.

Nice distance on my 4 iron. (It's essentially the same loft as my old Cleveland 3 iron, but I'm maybe getting 5 more yards).

I ordered 4-PW with MMT70's.

For a person who was playing game improvement irons from 20 years ago, these play just as easy.

I think these blur the lines of game improvement / player distance / etc.  There's no need to shy away from these if you are a higher handicap.

I "self-fitted" for mine, and I can always go in later to get a fitting in person. I just felt the need to cash in on the deal, and I think I'll remain happy that I did.

On 10/10/2020 at 7:38 PM, BogeyParBogey said:

I'm awaiting delivery of my clubs (used).  The 0211's coming are 6-GW.  

I'm coming from a 48* PW and gap it with a 52* now/56* now and have a 58* in reserve.   The 0211 GW is 50*.  Do you find this club flies far for a 50* club given the face design or is it flying like a true 50*?  I'm trying to figure out the wedge setup to go with it.  

I'll find out soon enough when the clubs get here, but how are those of you with the GW gapping into your wedges?  Reading the WITBs I'm seeing people going from the PW into a 52* or GW into a 50*, is that right?

Dave

I’ve only been to the range twice and played once but for me the 0211 GW gaps well between my PW and 54

Edited by LeftyTPH

Titleist 915 D3 - Fujikura Pro 73 Tour Spec X
Titleist 917f - Tour AD DI 7s
Adams XTD DHy 3 - KBS C Taper Lite S

Callaway Apex Utility 24 - Aerotech i110 XStiff
Ping s55 5 thru P - Modus 105x
TaylorMade R Series - 52, 56, 60 - Modus 120x
Odyssey White Hot XG #7

On 10/10/2020 at 9:14 PM, JAM01 said:

I had the 0211 PW with 50, 56, 60 Taylormade MG 2. I converted to the full 0211 wedges GW, SW, LW. I’m basically playing the same distances on full shots. The 0211s might be a few yards longer, but are more consistent for me. 

This is interesting!  

I have the TM MG2 50 & 60 and I feel

they work fine but hadn’t thought of 0211 GW & LW.  I love my 0211s so much maybe the 0211 GW & LW would perform just as good or better than the MG2s.

The MG2 were my favorite wedges of the past several years. So far the 0211s have worked at least as well. Mostly have used the GW out of the 3 wedges I added. I was hesitant sometimes to hit full shots with the MG2, much more comfortable with full shots with these. 

On 10/10/2020 at 3:01 PM, JAM01 said:

I don’t think you can go wrong with a $50 fitting. I ordered, in waves, a set of 0211s 4-LW with the MMT 70s. At $89 a club with no up charge Graphite shaft, it’s a great deal and seems like the build time on full sets has come down significantly. Not sure if they have all the components in stock though. I came from p790s with a steel shaft. The 0211 are at least as long for me and the dispersion with the graphite hasn’t been an issue. Plus my wrists and elbows actually feel much better since the change. You mentioned confidence - these irons give me that and for the first time in several years I won’t be making any iron changes. Can’t speak to the driver, G410 plus has been consistent for me. 

Thanks.

Signed up for a fitting this thursday and certainly very excited. I hope it works out.

• Like 1

Ordered a full bag today. Proto Driver, 2 Driving Irons (1 and 3), 0211 (4-LW), and Blackjack Putter. I am pumped, to say the least!

• Like 4

PXG Proto 9 Tensei Orange Pro

PXG 0311X 1 and 3 Graphite Design AD-DI

PXG 0211 4-LW Project X LZ

PXG Blackjack

ProV1

5 minutes ago, dukediv2011 said:

Ordered a full bag today. Proto Driver, 2 Driving Irons (1 and 3), 0211 (4-LW), and Blackjack Putter. I am pumped, to say the least!

did you go through a fitting or ordered it online (standard measurements)? 

54 minutes ago, dukediv2011 said:

If the Ping G410 driver, 3 wood and 3 hybrid weren’t performing as well as they are, I’d order PXG for the top end. Here great things about the hybrid especially. 

Love my 0211’s but couldn’t seem to along with the woods or hybrids. The Proto driver was enticing but something about the Callaway shape works for me. I’ve never hit the wedges but I’m sure they’re fantastic. Even with the Heroes Discount it is hard to justify the price, for me, when Cleveland and Vokeys are so good. 

Callaway Mavrik 9* w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 60
Callaway Mavrik 3 wood w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 70
Callaway Rogue Heavenwood w/ Project X Evenflow Blue 75
PXG Gen 1 0311X 4 iron w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80
PXG 0211 5-PW w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

Cleveland CBX 52* and 56* w/ Rotex Graphite

Cleveland RTX4 60* w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Olson Manufacturing Legacy Stainless

3 hours ago, gordita said:

did you go through a fitting or ordered it online (standard measurements)? 

I had a fitting at the Chicago store. 

PXG Blackjack

ProV1

2 hours ago, Cleveland_Rocks said:

That blackjack putter is VERY tempting!!  Looks incredible!!!

Yeah, it looks great in person. Smaller than I imagined. 

PXG Blackjack

ProV1

1 hour ago, dxdgenert said:

Love my 0211’s but couldn’t seem to along with the woods or hybrids. The Proto driver was enticing but something about the Callaway shape works for me. I’ve never hit the wedges but I’m sure they’re fantastic. Even with the Heroes Discount it is hard to justify the price, for me, when Cleveland and Vokeys are so good. 

Yeah, I tried both fairways and hybrids. Didn’t like either. Then I tried the driving iron—it is outstanding. 

PXG Blackjack

ProV1

13 minutes ago, dukediv2011 said:

Yeah, I tried both fairways and hybrids. Didn’t like either. Then I tried the driving iron—it is outstanding. 

Agreed. My Gen 1 0311X 4 iron is a very nice option when things aren’t working off the tee. 

Callaway Mavrik 9* w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 60
Callaway Mavrik 3 wood w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 70
Callaway Rogue Heavenwood w/ Project X Evenflow Blue 75
PXG Gen 1 0311X 4 iron w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80
PXG 0211 5-PW w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

Cleveland CBX 52* and 56* w/ Rotex Graphite

Cleveland RTX4 60* w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Olson Manufacturing Legacy Stainless

4 hours ago, dukediv2011 said:

I just got the 2 driving iron. Stoked to take it to the range. 

3W: Epic Flash SZ with HZRDUS Yellow 6.5 UPRT or PXG 0311X 2I HZRDUS Smoke Black S 2.5* upright

3H: Sub 70 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff UPRT setting

18 minutes ago, TheMoneyShot said:

Did PXG give you any deals for purchasing the full bag? 

They didn't charge me for the fitting, and they didn't charge me for any additional weighting. 

PXG Blackjack

ProV1

7 minutes ago, dukediv2011 said:

They didn't charge me for the fitting, and they didn't charge me for any additional weighting. 

7 minutes ago, dukediv2011 said:

Nice!  They use to have a full bag deal for like 6k.  Included 14 clubs, bag and a hat.  

Edited by TheMoneyShot
13 hours ago, dukediv2011 said:

Yeah, it looks great in person. Smaller than I imagined. 

You demo’d it? Feedback?

PXG 0811X+ Proto GD AD TP 5S
TM M4 15* AD DI 6S Black
PXG Gen2 0317x 19* Fuji Pro 83s
PXG 0211 4 Modus 120S

PXG Gen3 0311T 5-GW Modus 120S
TM MG2 54*
TM HT 60*
TM MySpider X

2 hours ago, OspreyCI said:

You demo’d it? Feedback?

Yes, I did. It’s awesome. Nice feel, quite forgiving, easy to adapt for a person’s stroke. 

• Thanks 1

PXG Blackjack

ProV1

Got my 0211's on the course for the first times the past few days, and all I can say is these things are soooo forgiving.  I've made a pretty dramatic shaft change, +1/2 inch S300's to standard length NS950's, and that's led to a few toe-jam strikes that have turned out just great.  In fact, the first two shots I had into a substantial wind with these clubs, I tried to punch a longer club under the wind, struck both super toe-y, and got a piercing draw that flew almost the exact distance I wanted, and led to near kick-ins. Conversely, I've hit some heel-fades that flew a bit high and right of the target, but still got near pin high and left me in manageable positions to get up and down.  Purely struck shots have flown arrow straight with a great trajectory.  I'm really excited about what I've seen these irons do with my AVX's. 

• Like 2

Ping G400 LST 7.5* Speeder 757 Evolution 
Cobra F7 3/4 14.5* Evenflow Blue 75
Cobra F8 5/6 18.5* or Taylormade R15 18.5* (open tryouts)
PXG 0211 4-PW Nippon 950GH 
Callaway MD CB 48* KBS-V125

Callaway MD4 52* S Grind Project X 
Callaway MD PM Grind 58* KBS-V125
Scotty Cameron Phantom X #8
Titleist AVX /Taylormade TP5x

So I wanted to share my experience from yesterday's fitting.

Started with the traditional 7i testing and the 0211's felt good. 
Hit about 30 - 40 shots with different shafts and the positive results were there for everyone to see.

Then it got interesting.

I mentioned that I don't carry any woods as I don't enjoy/don't know how to hit long clubs...
This is where my fitter went to work.....3 simple tips, loads of shots and after about 30 solid minutes, I was ripping woods as well as my hybrids like never before.

Next comes the driver.
In my head, I was 90% convinced that I should stick with my 45" length or even go down to 44".
Well, another 30min of tips, lessons and testing with a variety of shafts and weights, I was crushing them. The confidence went sky high.
My optimal length - 45.5 inches!

Outcome - I wish I had more time but I was in between critical meetings and I bolted after cutting the session short.
I just had such a great time and my gut feeling said to just give my credit card and let the guy do his thing.
Ended up ordering 10 clubs including 0811 XF, 3 and 4h, 5-gw and loads of adjustments (length, weight, grips, offset)

More than anything, the fitter had a heart of a teacher and it made all the difference.
To me, with the tips/lessons, I could very well continue with my current Adams set (the driver had to be upgraded, went from 180-190 carry to 225) but the overall experience was superb.
No doubt, any of the other fitters from other top companies would be able to work their miracle as well but it was the most enjoyable 90 minutes I've spent in a long time.
Bear in mind, the day before, I shot a 95 on a course and was in a foul mood (had shot 85 2-weeks prior) - yesterday was so uplifting!

Hope this helps folks on this forum, hit me up for more details.

The fitter gave me his card and said to text him anytime I needed swing help and I'm going to take him up on his offer...lol

• Like 3

The pictures below are of a 0211 set 6-GW from PXG Express store with condition "good".

6, 7, and 8 iron look brand new.

20201016_190753.jpg.64721973cc1e3a58a8bf73fab2d722f6.jpg

20201016_190815.jpg.ed74a7304655624b3fb6d996e5069eb1.jpg

9 iron, PW, GW have some face wear and scuffs on the sole.

20201016_190853.jpg.4db9c9ae263817d87a522bbeb45d1ee7.jpg

20201016_190906.jpg.fef0f0650cbc75dfd05d2410f1bad77f.jpg

I'd say these are much better than "good".  I'm very pleased with the condition.

Dave

• Like 3

I sold my ping i210s, fully committed to 0211s, MMT 80 stiff now.

As I worked on my swing, 4i made its way into the bag which surprised me.

Thinking about the 3 iron 0311xp now.  Anyone hit it?
I’m 60s not getting younger, iron ss mid 80s but these things are easy to hit, consistent distances, nothing to complain about.

I have the 0211's back with the Elevate 95 Stiff shafts after trying the MMT 80's. I really liked the feel of the MMT's but gave up too much distance. With the Elevate stiff, distances were much better for me, about what my previous set did. These irons are very soft feeling. I noticed on many shots that they feel every bit as soft as the forged irons I've been playing for 7 years. They fly very straight, very nice baby draw and even easy to hit my most difficult shot, a small fade with an iron. They are very easy to fly high or flight down into the wind. The turf interaction is excellent. I find the offset is not an issue for me at all. I notice it in the 5&6 mostly, but they frame the ball and align to the target VERY easily.

I am a bit confused by these irons. I like how they feel, how they look and their manageability. As the lofts are 1 iron stronger through the 8 iron than my previous set, considering length I expected these to be about 1/2 club longer. I find these iron number for iron number very close in distance to my previous set. Maybe it was hurricane fatigue, (2 in one month) lack of consistent playing time or cooler weather. Probably the cumulative effect of all of the above.

I'll be playing these for a while to understand how they fit my game, or if I consider other options and move on. I really like the way they look and feel. I like how they flight the ball and are very easy to hit shots with. What I don't know is if I gain anything other than they're new, pretty and just a little more controllable (forgiving) than the forged players CB that I played before. 

I like these irons a lot and want to like them enough to keep them in the bag. Only more rounds and range time will tell. Perhaps it is simply a matter of familiarity. Even if these irons end up not being perfect for me, they are excellent and feel, fly and sound very good. They are a high quality product.

A side note is I also ordered a 60* 0311 wedge. It's definitely a keeper. Played a few bunker shots, (first one was my 3rd shot of the day), used it for all pitch and chip shots during today's round (even if I normally would have used a different club) and I'm really pleased. 

• Like 1

It matters not what others call you, but what you answer to.

beer-goggles-on-glass-of-beer.jpg.c3e909aed71161ad053a32287bd7c3ed.jpg
Wishon 919THI  9* S2S Black 65 S
Wishon 929HS  14* S2S White S

Wishon 525F/D  13* S2S Black 65 S
Wishon 775HS   21* S2S Black Hybrids S
PXG 0211  5-GW  Elevate 95 S
PING Glide 3.0  54*SS

PXG 0311 Forged 60*
PING Anser3 Swan neck MgBr putter

Anybody else that got the 0211’s with the Elevate Tour option having issues with distance? I hit the ball way too high (naturally a high hitter to begin with) and they seem to spin too much. Losing about a club length (more for PW and GW) from my old irons even though the 0211’s are lofted stronger. 

Any low trajectory, low spin shaft suggestions that you all have used on the 0211’s?

Edited by Jsellers23
58 minutes ago, Jsellers23 said:

Anybody else that got the 0211’s with the Elevate Tour option having issues with distance? I hit the ball way too high (naturally a high hitter to begin with) and they seem to spin too much. Losing about a club length (more for PW and GW) from my old irons even though the 0211’s are lofted stronger. 

Any low trajectory, low spin shaft suggestions that you all have used on the 0211’s?

i play KBS tour (stiff) and while my ball flight is higher than my old clubs (Speedblades with FST 125) i don't see over spin and my distance loss is mainly from retooling my swing at this point. There are lower trajectory options but remember these are already lower spinning heads so make sure you work with a fitter and hit the windows you want to hit.