PXG 0211 irons - what do you think?

On 12/20/2020 at 7:01 PM, Rbsiedsc said:

Does anyone notice a larger than expect distance loss on these in the cold? I wonder if the Cor2 material looses its elasticity when it gets below 50. 

To be honest, I’m a little concerned with the distance in general with the 0211’s.

i even had my lofts strengthened 1* in the 5 & 6 and 2* in the 7-GW in order to come as close as possible to the irons I was playing prior. (Rogue X which are very strong lofts). They now exactly match the T300s and the G410 with the power specs.

i expected about a 1/2 club less with the PXGs compared to the X, however it’s still about a full club short even with the new lofts. For example my gapW with the X is my 100 yd club, I’m getting 90 with the 0211.

It’s been cold and wet down here, so maybe there is something to that insert goo theory, it was in the low 50s each time I played them.

Honestly, I’m a little ticked off they didn’t tell me they would be releasing the new version 6 weeks after I placed my order. Those are identical in length and lofts to my old Rogue X irons. I’d have gladly waited and paid the extra $25 per club for those.

Edited by john myrbch
  • Sad 1

PING G400 Max 9* 

Callaway Epic Flash 15* 

Callaway Rogue X 18* Cobra F9 21*

PXG 0211 5-G

Titleist Vokey SM7 52F 58M

Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Select 2.0

Sun Mountain 2.5 or 4.0

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems like everyone that plays the PXG's speak very highly of them.   And everyone that doesn't can't say enough bad things about them.

A hundred people will mention the price point. Why pay for PXG when Callaway, Cobra, Ping, etc perform just as good for a better price? Yet, Srixon performs just as good or better than those mentio

It’s official.... I picked up another set of 0211’s from PXG express. The Gen3 0311T’s are just a bit too demanding for me. I lost too much money in my weekend money group with the 0311T’s. Made way m

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, john myrbch said:

Honestly, I’m a little ticked off they didn’t tell me they would be releasing the new version 6 weeks after I placed my order.

You're not going to find many (any?) businesses that are going to tell you about the new product before the official announcement date of that new product.  That's just not prudent to shut off your sales stream prematurely.

Perhaps you should wait until later in the new product release cycle to make your decisions, if you want to prevent this from happening to you.

In my Datrek - DG lite II cart bag attached via Top-Lok to my Bag Boy - Quad XL - I'm decidedly brand agnostic:

PING - G400 Max 10.5 - Alta CB 55 R

Titleist -TS2 4W & 7W - Alta CB 65 R

Cobra - Baffler 23* - Aldila NV-HL 65 R

PXG - 0211 - 5-PW - MMT 80 S

Cleveland - CBX2 50 / 54 / 58 - Rotex 

L.A.B. Golf - Directed Force 2.1 - KBS Tour - Press No. II 3*

Snell - MTB  Black

14 hours ago, john myrbch said:

To be honest, I’m a little concerned with the distance in general with the 0211’s.

i even had my lofts strengthened 1* in the 5 & 6 and 2* in the 7-GW in order to come as close as possible to the irons I was playing prior. (Rogue X which are very strong lofts). They now exactly match the T300s and the G410 with the power specs.

i expected about a 1/2 club less with the PXGs compared to the X, however it’s still about a full club short even with the new lofts. For example my gapW with the X is my 100 yd club, I’m getting 90 with the 0211.

It’s been cold and wet down here, so maybe there is something to that insert goo theory, it was in the low 50s each time I played them.

Honestly, I’m a little ticked off they didn’t tell me they would be releasing the new version 6 weeks after I placed my order. Those are identical in length and lofts to my old Rogue X irons. I’d have gladly waited and paid the extra $25 per club for those.

So I can will say compared to my speedblades I am down a little in distance, but those clubs were stronger lofted, longer, my shafts slighter stiffer so more penetrating and my swing was out of control as I was trying to hit everything a mile. In the warmer weather I presume things will normalize. During my fitting my 7i was 165. 

Driver: Epic Flash SZ with XStiff Fujikura Pro 63

3W: Epic Flash SZ with HZRDUS Yellow 6.5 UPRT or PXG 0311X 2I HZRDUS Smoke Black S 2.5* upright

3H: Sub 70 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff UPRT setting

4-AW: PXG 0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long

Wedges  54*,60*:  Ping S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up

Putter:  Toulon Las Vegas Stroke Lab 

Ball: Snell MTB or KSigs or Srixon Z Star XV

3 hours ago, Rbsiedsc said:

So I can will say compared to my speedblades I am down a little in distance, but those clubs were stronger lofted, longer, my shafts slighter stiffer so more penetrating and my swing was out of control as I was trying to hit everything a mile. In the warmer weather I presume things will normalize. During my fitting my 7i was 165. 

I think you're answering your own questions here.  

11 minutes ago, lvphil702 said:

I think you're answering your own questions here.  

My original question was about the temperature, because my 7i carry was a club less. likely from the cold ball and maybe the cold polymer in the head. I was merely trying to guide the OP i quoted.

3W: Epic Flash SZ with HZRDUS Yellow 6.5 UPRT or PXG 0311X 2I HZRDUS Smoke Black S 2.5* upright

3H: Sub 70 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff UPRT setting

7 hours ago, jerryo said:

Sell the old ones and buy the new ones. Problem solved.

Did exactly that earlier today... 😇

i should be getting them in 2-3 weeks.

Edited by john myrbch
  • Haha 1

PING G400 Max 9* 

Callaway Epic Flash 15* 

Callaway Rogue X 18* Cobra F9 21*

PXG 0211 5-G

Titleist Vokey SM7 52F 58M

Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Select 2.0

Sun Mountain 2.5 or 4.0

1 hour ago, AdExec said:

Appreciate the heads up on that. The fairways are down to $145. Got a 13* and 21* incoming to test new gapping with that set up. These bow out prices from PXG are crazy for how good these fairways and hybrids are. 

Are the hybrids that good? Hybrids are kryptonite

28 minutes ago, Rbsiedsc said:

Are the hybrids that good? Hybrids are kryptonite

A lot of people will tell you the PXG hybrids are some of the best made by any company. Super neutral flight. Forgiving. Incredible ball speed retention on mishits. You can set them up to fly high or go low with the weight up front and a low launch/low spin shaft. Super versatile clubs and I tried them all before finding PXG. 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, AdExec said:

Appreciate the heads up on that. The fairways are down to $145. Got a 13* and 21* incoming to test new gapping with that set up. These bow out prices from PXG are crazy for how good these fairways and hybrids are. 

Dang, I was afraid they were going to do that. In for a 15* and 21* FW.