• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What if it rains and it's Cart Path Only?

"I don't ride in carts - too dangerous, brah."          

I'm all for Daly riding if it is on one of these.    

It's hard to carry a case of Diet coke, a pizza and a carton of cigs in a tour bag. I'm sure he's just doing it for the caddie.

I pick 14 of the following:
Ping G400
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood
Ping G 400 4 hybrid
Ping G 4-U
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54, 58 SS
Grips NDMC +4
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer
ProV1x-mostly
ECCO Biom Hybrid 3

As a viewer, I'd rather have John Daly in the field than not, particularly as a former champion (I'm always a fan of past-winners in the field).

I understand the arguments against such things though.

• Like 1

Cobra Radspeed (10)

Cobra F8+ (14.5, 19)

Cobra Utility (23.5)

Cobra Forged Tour (5-PW)

Cobra Black (50, 54, 58)

PING Heppler Fetch

Snell MTB Black

So the provision for a cart shouldn't exist? The waiver request process in there for a reason. An otherwise competitive golfer shouldn't use every tool at their disposal to play? It's also a potentially legal issue with with ADA rules with access to courses, a la Casey Martin. If he can hit shots, he can play. To me it's very simple.

G410 9 Degree - Accra FX 2.0

G410 5, 7 & 9 Woods - Accra FX 2.0

G710 4-UW - Accra 70i

Glide 3.0 54ES, 58WS Accra 70i

PING Bruzer

PING Vault 2.0 Ketsch & Craz-E **Backups**

(My son is waiting patiently for the G425 woods so he can take my old ones!)

> @tbowles411 said:

> So the provision for a cart shouldn't exist? The waiver request process in there for a reason. An otherwise competitive golfer shouldn't use every tool at their disposal to play? It's also a potentially legal issue with with ADA rules with access to courses, a la Casey Martin. If he can hit shots, he can play. To me it's very simple.

Please don't get me started on Casey Martin. With the money he spent on a legal team, he could have pursued alternative treatments for the leg in another country.

John Daly - just trying to gain the spotlight. That's his style.

> @tbowles411 said:

> So the provision for a cart shouldn't exist? The waiver request process in there for a reason. An otherwise competitive golfer shouldn't use every tool at their disposal to play? It's also a potentially legal issue with with ADA rules with access to courses, a la Casey Martin. If he can hit shots, he can play. To me it's very simple.

I am not sure it is "Very Simple". Is walking part of the game/competition? if you yes then you have an issue.

Some say putting yips is neurological issue - a physical disability. Should golfers with yips be accommodated in some way?

I am not sure what to think about this, but it does not pass the smell test. Good thing he never won the Masters.

Driver: Titleist TSi3 Ventus blue 6x

3 wood: Titleist Tsi2 15 Ventus blue 7x

& Wood: Titleist TSi2 Ventus Red 9X
Taylormade Gapr low 2 ventus blue 9x
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; LAB DF2.1
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX

> @tbowles411 said:

So you would be OK with an NBA player riding and shooting?

I love going to PGA Tour events. These guys are amazing walkers. Rory is probably the best. Tiger was great until he hurt his back. I don't think he walks as well in soft spikes either. When I got to the match play this year I went straight to the tour van and asked if i could watch Paul Casey warm up on a treadmill. Was disappointed this wasn't open to the public. Had to settle for the driving range.

• Like 1

> @bandrz said:

> I love going to PGA Tour events. These guys are amazing walkers. Rory is probably the best. Tiger was great until he hurt his back. I don't think he walks as well in soft spikes either. When I got to the match play this year I went straight to the tour van and asked if i could watch Paul Casey warm up on a treadmill. Was disappointed this wasn't open to the public. Had to settle for the driving range.

I get the sarcasm...but technically yes, many of these guys really ARE amazing walkers compared to the average human on earth. It's no small task to walk as much as they do during the course of a week of practice, play and pro ams for many people. I remember when Michael Jordan was playing in some pro AM right after he retired and had to walk, he said it wore him out way more than he was used to, as he always rode.

I have no issue with carts on the "Champions Tour" as it's more of a nostalgic exhibition than world class competition. Playing with carts is recreation (which I do almost every time I play now, mostly because you have to at most courses and I have a bad back) , ......not world class competition.

I pick 14 of the following:
Ping G400
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood
Ping G 400 4 hybrid
Ping G 4-U
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54, 58 SS
Grips NDMC +4
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer
ProV1x-mostly
ECCO Biom Hybrid 3

The tournament is more exciting if JD is playing. Maybe not for the hardos on this forum and all their purity for the sport, but for the casual fan flipping the channels they are more likely to stop and watch when he is playing. Sorry to burst people bubble but people would rather watch JD than Rose, Day, Thomas, Speith. I look forward to seeing greatness or disaster every time JD tees it up.

LOL, Daly's presence and "draw" for the casual fan isn't all that great any more, IMO. They will watch because of Tiger Woods, and unless Daly plays amazing (nope) he won't even be around for the weekend when the casual fan is more likely to check out the coverage. His presence in just about any tournament the last many years hasn't added any "excitement" - more a non-event.

> @Gobears16 said:

> The tournament is more exciting if JD is playing. Maybe not for the hardos on this forum and all their purity for the sport, but for the casual fan flipping the channels they are more likely to stop and watch when he is playing. Sorry to burst people bubble but people would rather watch JD than Rose, Day, Thomas, Speith. I look forward to seeing greatness or disaster every time JD tees it up.

John Daly has zero impact on how exciting the PGA will be. Which is the same amount of impact he will have on TV viewership or tournament attendance numbers.

• Like 1

I call Frank Nobilo to the stand.

Nobilo a "trusted name" in golf and a native of New Zealand said this,

"There was no doubt that the game is harder when a player has to walk."

"Anytime you get to ride, you gain an advantage, don't you? I think you do."

"It's the same reason they try to ban drugs in sports – because it gives an advantage."

I call respected tour veteran Steve Pate (The Volcano) to the stand:

"Walking six miles a day six days a week is part of the deal," said Steve Pate.

"If you don't think we're a sport, then a part of my premise is gone. But I think we are."

"In sports, everybody brings their own strengths and weaknesses to the game and whoever can overcome their weaknesses and maximize their strengths is going to do well. It's maybe not fair, but I just think it's the way it should be," Pate said.

I heard from a reliable source that this will be the cart he uses, and she will be his caddy.

b24x6m6v03my.png

Driver: Titleist TSi3 Ventus blue 6x

3 wood: Titleist Tsi2 15 Ventus blue 7x

& Wood: Titleist TSi2 Ventus Red 9X
Taylormade Gapr low 2 ventus blue 9x
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; LAB DF2.1
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX

> @Roadking2003 said:

> > @tbowles411 said:

> > So the provision for a cart shouldn't exist? The waiver request process in there for a reason. An otherwise competitive golfer shouldn't use every tool at their disposal to play? It's also a potentially legal issue with with ADA rules with access to courses, a la Casey Martin. If he can hit shots, he can play. To me it's very simple.

>

> So you would be OK with an NBA player riding and shooting?

Not remotely the same thing. The ADA is there for a reason. There are reasonable accommodations in almost everything. Martin sued because his condition while it caused him pain, he could hit golf shots. He was physically able to walk, but would cripple him faster in the long run. In the NBA he probably wouldn't pass a physical and couldn't perform the basic requirements of playing.

• Like 1

G410 9 Degree - Accra FX 2.0

G410 5, 7 & 9 Woods - Accra FX 2.0

G710 4-UW - Accra 70i

Glide 3.0 54ES, 58WS Accra 70i

PING Bruzer

PING Vault 2.0 Ketsch & Craz-E **Backups**

(My son is waiting patiently for the G425 woods so he can take my old ones!)