> @Gobears16 said:

> > @"North Texas" said:

> > > @rgk5 said:

> > > > @Gobears16 said:

> > > > The tournament is more exciting if JD is playing. Maybe not for the hardos on this forum and all their purity for the sport, but for the casual fan flipping the channels they are more likely to stop and watch when he is playing. Sorry to burst people bubble **but people would rather watch JD than Rose, Day, Thomas, Speith. I** look forward to seeing greatness or disaster every time JD tees it up.

> > >

> > > Really? What type of people?

> >

> > I don't know what type of people would rather watch JD than Rose, Day, Thomas, Spieth but I am very confident that the actual number of people who would is pretty **** miniscule.

>

>

> I guarantee if JD made a run over the weekend the ratings would be a hellave a lot higher than, boring to watch golfers, like rose, day, spieth, anybody but Tiger. I understand if your on this forum you appreciate watching great golfers, but the average golfer would tune in if JD makes an improbable run or does something disastrously epic on the course....And more ratings equal more money for the game.

>

> Let the ol man ride in a cart. I love the idea of giving him an ice chest. It'd still make some people here upset if he brought his own beer so we’ll make him buy from the snack shack.

>

The ol man can ride a cart and drink beer in a charity scramble like the rest of us. This is a major championship. I've always liked JD - seems like a decent guy, but this act got old to me years ago.

• Like 1
  • Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What if it rains and it's Cart Path Only?

"I don't ride in carts - too dangerous, brah."          

I'm all for Daly riding if it is on one of these.    

> @dlygrisse said:

> > @Joker91 said:

> > ![](https://i.imgur.com/6Vt8iZK.jpg "")

> >

> >

> Clever. Haven’t seen that meme in a few weeks. You are pretty witty for a millennial. So tell me, what exactly does it even have to do with the discussion? You have a fat, drunk, lazy 50 plus year old who can’t even walk a golf course and you are implying the critics are old and out of touch? Try actually coming up with a cogent argument to the contrary

>

Yes, this whole section is full of crotchety old men who like to complain about every little tiny thing cause they have nothing better to do. Dude applied and was approved. Get over yourselves, you're not special and get to decide what is appropriate for golf.

> @Roadking2003 said:

> > @tbowles411 said:

> > So the provision for a cart shouldn't exist? The waiver request process in there for a reason. An otherwise competitive golfer shouldn't use every tool at their disposal to play? It's also a potentially legal issue with with ADA rules with access to courses, a la Casey Martin. If he can hit shots, he can play. To me it's very simple.

>

> So you would be OK with an NBA player riding and shooting?

That is a terrible comparison. The game of basketball is all about running up and down the court, the fastest. Golf isnt even close to that type of sport.

M4 w/Accra FX-270, M2, TM UDI, S55 w/$-Taper, Glide 3.0 50/54/60 w/$-Taper, Bellum Winmore/Bettinardi, Snell

> @Hawkeye77 said:

> > @"15th Club" said:

> > As a public service, I submit (as I do on a sort of rough biennial schedule) Justice Scalia's brilliant dissent in PGA Tour, Inc., v. Martin:

> > https://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/00-24.ZD.html

> >

> You can see him in Pulp Fiction - "Check out the big brain on Antonin!"

>

> Seriously, it is brilliant and frankly, genius in how succinctly he cuts to the heart of the matter and past the obfuscations.

>

> Having said that - thems the rules now until something changes. So we can argue the "should" of the matter (and we should, pun intended) but he qualifies and like LWIII's dead skunk in the middle of the road - "and there you are."

>

> Scalia is also brutally funny and this isn't the best of his bits in the opinion, but one all, especially I'm thinking folks from California, may enjoy when he was discussing Q School and how pretty much anyone could and did enter, "I hesitate to say that amateur lawyers may enjoy taking the California Bar Exam."

>

They don't make them like Justice Scalia any more. Sad... Too bad he was murdered by the" deep state.

> @Joker91 said:

> > @dlygrisse said:

> > > @Joker91 said:

> > > ![](https://i.imgur.com/6Vt8iZK.jpg "")

> > >

> > >

> > Clever. Haven’t seen that meme in a few weeks. You are pretty witty for a millennial. So tell me, what exactly does it even have to do with the discussion? You have a fat, drunk, lazy 50 plus year old who can’t even walk a golf course and you are implying the critics are old and out of touch? Try actually coming up with a cogent argument to the contrary

> >

> Yes, this whole section is full of crotchety old men who like to complain about every little tiny thing cause they have nothing better to do. Dude applied and was approved. Get over yourselves, you're not special and get to decide what is appropriate for golf.

yeah imagine having standards... "how dare you question the governing bodies" he said...

Governing Bodies: Ban the long putter! It’s just not golf!

JD: Yo I need a cart to play the PGA.

Governing Bodies: Sure thing John. With or without a built in GPS?

Callaway Rogue 10.5
Callaway BB Alpha 816 16
Srixon Z H45 19 Hybrid
Srixon Z U85 23 Utility
Srixon Z 785/Z-Forged 5 - PW
Cleveland RTX-4 Mid Grind 50 54 58
TaylorMade Spider Tour Red
TaylorMade TP5X

> @Joker91 said:

> > @dlygrisse said:

> > > @Joker91 said:

> > >

> > >

> > Clever. Haven’t seen that meme in a few weeks. You are pretty witty for a millennial. So tell me, what exactly does it even have to do with the discussion? You have a fat, drunk, lazy 50 plus year old who can’t even walk a golf course and you are implying the critics are old and out of touch? Try actually coming up with a cogent argument to the contrary

> >

> Yes, this whole section is full of crotchety old men who like to complain about every little tiny thing cause they have nothing better to do. Dude applied and was approved. Get over yourselves, you're not special and get to decide what is appropriate for golf.

Dude should come to his senses.

• Like 1

> @anth said:

> Governing Bodies: Ban the long putter! It’s just not golf!

>

> JD: Yo I need a cart to play the PGA.

>

> Governing Bodies: Sure thing John. With or without a built in GPS?

That’s not fair. Governing bodies took it all the way to the Supreme Court and lost. Daly doesn’t need to sue, it’s already been decided.

> @Joker91 said:

> > @dlygrisse said:

> > > @Joker91 said:

> > >

> > >

> >

neither do you.

• Like 1

> @Joker91 said:

> > @dlygrisse said:

> > > @Joker91 said:

> > >

> > >

> >

We're not 'deciding' anything. Gotta love a guy that complains about people discussing golf related topics on a golf forum.

OT: By the way, I vacationed in your neck of the woods a couple years ago and had a blast. Can't wait to get back. Everyone was super nice. I played as a single at Legacy Ridge and got paired with a random guy that shared my name.

• Like 1

> @Roadking2003 said:

> > @Joker91 said:

> > > @dlygrisse said:

> > > > @Joker91 said:

> > > > ![](https://i.imgur.com/6Vt8iZK.jpg "")

> > > >

> > > >

> > > Clever. Haven’t seen that meme in a few weeks. You are pretty witty for a millennial. So tell me, what exactly does it even have to do with the discussion? You have a fat, drunk, lazy 50 plus year old who can’t even walk a golf course and you are implying the critics are old and out of touch? Try actually coming up with a cogent argument to the contrary

> > >

> > Yes, this whole section is full of crotchety old men who like to complain about every little tiny thing cause they have nothing better to do. Dude applied and was approved. Get over yourselves, you're not special and get to decide what is appropriate for golf.

>

> neither do you.

I haven't tried to, I'm just laughing at the guys who are

> @"Birdie Mac" said:

> > @Joker91 said:

> > > @dlygrisse said:

> > > > @Joker91 said:

> > > >

> > > >

> > > Clever. Haven’t seen that meme in a few weeks. You are pretty witty for a millennial. So tell me, what exactly does it even have to do with the discussion? You have a fat, drunk, lazy 50 plus year old who can’t even walk a golf course and you are implying the critics are old and out of touch? Try actually coming up with a cogent argument to the contrary

> > >

> > Yes, this whole section is full of crotchety old men who like to complain about every little tiny thing cause they have nothing better to do. Dude applied and was approved. Get over yourselves, you're not special and get to decide what is appropriate for golf.

> We're not 'deciding' anything. Gotta love a guy that complains about people discussing golf related topics on a golf forum.

>

> OT: By the way, I vacationed in your neck of the woods a couple years ago and had a blast. Can't wait to get back. Everyone was super nice. I played as a single at Legacy Ridge and got paired with a random guy that shared my name.

>

Legacy Ridge is nice but Walnut Creek (formally The Heritage at Westmoor) is better

> @Joker91 said:

> > @dlygrisse said:

> > > @Joker91 said:

> > >

> > >

> >

Quit complaining about crotchety old men who like to complain.

Man, you read internet forums and you realize people are so bitter. Get some therapy. The guy has a medical issue, the cart will not be seen on TV. The fans love him because he is one of the guys. It really is no big deal.

F9 9 degree Diamana white.  70G
Epic SZ 15 degree Diamana white 70G
M3 19 Hyrbrid Diamana white 90G
R11 7 wood Fuji something old school
4-pw J40 CB Modus 130 S
52,56,60 DD scratch 8810
Pointy looking thing. 
Srixon Z star

> @proguy said:

> Man, you read internet forums and you realize people are so bitter. Get some therapy. The guy has a medical issue, the cart will not be seen on TV. The fans love him because he is one of the guys. It really is no big deal.

Good grief. People are not bitter and they don't need therapy just because they have a different opinion than you about something. It's a freaking discussion board where people discuss different topics and have opinions. Yours is no better than anyone else's.

• Like 1

> @"North Texas" said:

> > @proguy said:

> > Man, you read internet forums and you realize people are so bitter. Get some therapy. The guy has a medical issue, the cart will not be seen on TV. The fans love him because he is one of the guys. It really is no big deal.

>

> Good grief. People are not bitter and they don't need therapy just because they have a different opinion than you about something. It's a freaking discussion board where people discuss different topics and have opinions. Yours is no better than anyone else's.

It's not a difference of opinion that's the problem, it's their whole attitude. They are bitter angry petty people who are trying to impose their superior attitude on everyone else.

• Like 1

> @Joker91 said:

> > @"North Texas" said:

> > > @proguy said:

> > > Man, you read internet forums and you realize people are so bitter. Get some therapy. The guy has a medical issue, the cart will not be seen on TV. The fans love him because he is one of the guys. It really is no big deal.

> >

> > Good grief. People are not bitter and they don't need therapy just because they have a different opinion than you about something. It's a freaking discussion board where people discuss different topics and have opinions. Yours is no better than anyone else's.

>

> It's not a difference of opinion that's the problem, it's their whole attitude. They are bitter angry petty people who are trying to impose their superior attitude on everyone else.

Really? You are able to discern someone's "superior" attitude from reading what they post and that they are bitter, angry, and petty? Gimme a break.

> @"North Texas" said:

> > @Joker91 said:

> > > @"North Texas" said:

> > > > @proguy said:

> > > > Man, you read internet forums and you realize people are so bitter. Get some therapy. The guy has a medical issue, the cart will not be seen on TV. The fans love him because he is one of the guys. It really is no big deal.

> > >

> > > Good grief. People are not bitter and they don't need therapy just because they have a different opinion than you about something. It's a freaking discussion board where people discuss different topics and have opinions. Yours is no better than anyone else's.

> >

> > It's not a difference of opinion that's the problem, it's their whole attitude. They are bitter angry petty people who are trying to impose their superior attitude on everyone else.

>

> Really? You are able to discern someone's "superior" attitude from reading what they post and that they are bitter, angry, and petty? Gimme a break.

Yes, the "Really?" and "Gimme a break" are a dead give away

I'm fine with him getting a cart. The NY fans will love having JD there. The loved big John at the '95 US Open at Shinnecock, the range was like a rock concert !

They either love you or hate you in NYC

The funny part is Tiger and/or Phil could apply for a cart and easily get one ... but they won't. They might in 10 years though at the PGA ....

That might ruffle more feathers and hit mainstream media - and not just wrx

• Like 1

Ping G400 Max Fuji Ventus Red 6x

Ping G400 5w 16.5* Blueboard 73x 

Cally Apex '16 3h 20* KK Silver 80x

Cally Apex '16 4h 23* KK Silver 80x

Srixon ZX7 5i  AD DI di 95x 

Srixon ZX7 6 - PW Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120s
Vokey SM2 50*, SM2 TVD M 56* & 60*, SM2 64.07

Scotty GoLo 7

> @"North Texas" said:

> > @Joker91 said:

> > > @dlygrisse said:

> > > > @Joker91 said:

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

>

> Quit complaining about crotchety old men who like to complain.

The irony is that he thinks he is being witty and ironic, when in fact he is just being hypocritical. Anyway, you know you have won the argument when your adversary just resorts to name calling.

I pick 14 of the following:
Ping G400
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood
Ping G 400 4 hybrid
Ping G 4-U
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54, 58 SS
Grips NDMC +4
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer
ProV1x-mostly
ECCO Biom Hybrid 3

This is going to be so weird. Bethpage Black is strictly a walking course. There are no carts (except for maintenance) on it ever and thus there are no cart paths. Big John gonna have a rough time, cart or no cart. There are several tee boxes which I have a hard time visualizing a cart safely accessing. They are very steep in other words. I am in kickass shape and I still get lightheaded after walking up from 8 green to 9 tee. The green complexes also look very cart-unfriendly. For example how's he gonna drive up to 15th green?!

> @dlygrisse said:

> > @"North Texas" said:

> > > @Joker91 said:

> > > > @dlygrisse said:

> > > > > @Joker91 said:

> > > > > ![](https://i.imgur.com/6Vt8iZK.jpg "")

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > Clever. Haven’t seen that meme in a few weeks. You are pretty witty for a millennial. So tell me, what exactly does it even have to do with the discussion? You have a fat, drunk, lazy 50 plus year old who can’t even walk a golf course and you are implying the critics are old and out of touch? Try actually coming up with a cogent argument to the contrary

> > > >

> > > Yes, this whole section is full of crotchety old men who like to complain about every little tiny thing cause they have nothing better to do. Dude applied and was approved. Get over yourselves, you're not special and get to decide what is appropriate for golf.

> >

> > Quit complaining about crotchety old men who like to complain.

>

> The irony is that he thinks he is being witty and ironic, when in fact he is just being hypocritical. Anyway, you know you have won the argument when your adversary just resorts to name calling.

I like how you just skipped over the actual argument made and claimed a "win". This is getting sad

> @legitimategolf said:

> This is going to be so weird. Bethpage Black is strictly a walking course. There are no carts (except for maintenance) on it ever and thus there are no cart paths. Big John gonna have a rough time, cart or no cart. There are several tee boxes which I have a hard time visualizing a cart safely accessing. They are very steep in other words. I am in kickass shape and I still get lightheaded after walking up from 8 green to 9 tee. The green complexes also look very cart-unfriendly. For example how's he gonna drive up to 15th green?!

Good observations.

I bet he plays one round, and then WD's.

Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse

> @legitimategolf said:

> This is going to be so weird. Bethpage Black is strictly a walking course. There are no carts (except for maintenance) on it ever and thus there are no cart paths. Big John gonna have a rough time, cart or no cart. There are several tee boxes which I have a hard time visualizing a cart safely accessing. They are very steep in other words. I am in kickass shape and I still get lightheaded after walking up from 8 green to 9 tee. The green complexes also look very cart-unfriendly. For example how's he gonna drive up to 15th green?!

Caddy will carry him, Sherpa style.

> @cardoustie said:

> I'm fine with him getting a cart. The NY fans will love having JD there. The loved big John at the '95 US Open at Shinnecock, the range was like a rock concert !

> They either love you or hate you in NYC

> The funny part is Tiger and/or Phil could apply for a cart and easily get one ... but they won't. They might in 10 years though at the PGA ....

> That might ruffle more feathers and hit mainstream media - and not just wrx

Not a chance either one of those guys rides a cart in competition. They have too much pride (aka ego) for that.

Anyone who hasn't walked Bethpage Black is ignorant to the fact that walking that course is definitely part of the challenge of the course. By 13 your legs know you've walked a ton and that's just playing one day, can't imagine 4 days in a row. JD is being given a huge advantage.

• Like 1

Driver - Home Callaway MAVRIK / G400 MAX
Woods - XXIO 10 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Home - PXG Gen 2 0311P 5-SW   Away - Callaway Epic Forged 5-SW
Wedge - Callaway MD5 JAWS X Grind 60* 
Putter - Odyssey Triple Track 7
Ball - TM TP5X, TM Tour Response