Daly gets cart at PGA

In general, I agree with new2. I think it's a mess and I don't think people are blowing it out of proportion. Not that difficult to recognize BS when you see it.

I'll also say this. Just because you agree with me doesn't mean you are smart and just because you disagree with me doesn't mean you are stupid. And vice-versa.

> @Barfolomew said:

> > @gvogel said:

> > > @Barfolomew said:

> > > Let them wear carts....and shorts too. Cause who gives a fluck...

> > >

> > > Ive got foot neuropathy and never walk....can't. Speeds game up and lets disabled people beat the **** outta healthy mofos for once... to make it fair let everyone who wants ride.

> > >

> > > You think it would have any effect on ratings if all were driving? **** no...cause were watching shots not driving carts lol

> >

> > are you kidding me? If they were all riding, it would look like a circus, and not professional at all. I believe it would be a turn-off for a lot of golf fans.

>

> Have you ever played golf? Never looks like a circus when I play golf at courses where carts are mandatory.... it looks like golf. Overreacting bud..

carts are for wimps

> @tiderider said:

> > @Barfolomew said:

> > > @gvogel said:

> > > > @Barfolomew said:

> > > > Let them wear carts....and shorts too. Cause who gives a fluck...

> > > >

> > > > Ive got foot neuropathy and never walk....can't. Speeds game up and lets disabled people beat the **** outta healthy mofos for once... to make it fair let everyone who wants ride.

> > > >

> > > > You think it would have any effect on ratings if all were driving? **** no...cause were watching shots not driving carts lol

> > >

> > > are you kidding me? If they were all riding, it would look like a circus, and not professional at all. I believe it would be a turn-off for a lot of golf fans.

> >

> > Have you ever played golf? Never looks like a circus when I play golf at courses where carts are mandatory.... it looks like golf. Overreacting bud..

>

> carts are for wimps

Maybe, but you are talking about the vast majority of golfers.

Seems this whole thing is being blown out of proportion. Don't worry it will be over soon. Everything will go back to the way it was.

It is funny that no one rags on the champions tour for allowing carts. They are playing golf too, professionally.

> @cxx said:

> > @bscinstnct said:

> > I going Thurs. If I see JD, I gonna jump in the cart with him!

> >

> > cjcn39aw6p4u.png

> >

>

> Yeah, someone else should drive.

Me and JD cruise by TW in his backswing and yell like,

Tigerrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Then, go cruise some ladies, "Hey mamma, you need a lift? We got snacks and sodas ; )"

> @bscinstnct said:

> > @cxx said:

> > > @bscinstnct said:

> > > I going Thurs. If I see JD, I gonna jump in the cart with him!

> > >

> > > cjcn39aw6p4u.png

> > >

> >

> > Yeah, someone else should drive.

>

> Me and JD cruise by TW in his backswing and yell like,

>

> Tigerrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

>

> Then, go cruise some ladies, "Hey mamma, you need a lift? We got snacks and sodas ; )"

BSC and JD be like...

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bkz-SKlAHFB/?igshid=fz4ma1nfpqqu

• Like 1

Contents of bag subject to change...frequently 

> @Jc0 said:

> > @"DFS PFD" said:

> > > @new2g0lf said:

> > > > @Joker91 said:

> > > > > @new2g0lf said:

> > > > > > @Joker91 said:

> > > > > > > @new2g0lf said:

> > > > > > > > @Joker91 said:

> > > > > > > > > @new2g0lf said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"DFS PFD" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @new2g0lf said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @Joker91 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > Do some of you think that using the cart makes him the favorite to win now or even have a chance at a top 50 finish? A cart isn't going to make the 1836th ranked player in the world a contender.

> > > > > > > > > > > Point is he's being given an advantage regardless of where he places. If he finishes 50th, he's stealing money from the guys that finished 51st and after.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > And if he has to walk with an ailment or injury he's at a disadvantage, it's a revolving door issue.

> > > > > > > > > Walking is part of the sport, Day and Tiger have bad backs, they aren't asking for a cart.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > This is some serious grasping at straws

> > > > > > > Nope, anyone can claim an injury they have places them at a disadvantage to compete or makes it difficult for them to compete. I get you're a Daly fan and just want to justify his right to use the cart to compete but it's bogus. He should lose weight and get himself into shape rather than ask for special treatment in order to compete.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I'm an anti faux controversy fan. That's all this is, you guys clutching your pearls over a non issue. You just want to blame his weight and ignore the actual medial issue with his knee. It's pathetic

> > > > > So does any guy with a bad back or knee get to ride in a cart during a PGA Tournament in your world? Do you not consider walking to be part of the competition and therefore want to see everyone ride in a cart?

> > > >

> > > > I'm not the one to make the call, the PGA is and they approved it. That's a nice strawman you got going there though. One old guy with a knee issues means all players should get a cart. Nice try, but not really

> > > You're defending one old out of shape guy that claims he can't walk and gets to ride in a cart so why shouldn't anyone with a injury? What's the determining factors?

> >

> > I'm sure they were discussed with the PGA officials with far less emotion or sentient to "that's how golf is supposed to be"

>

> He is considered legally handicapped because of the issues with his knee. He is registered as handicapped in his home state. It becomes a legal issues because is it definned that walking is essential to compete? If not then he can say that it is discriminatory that he can't play due to his handicap, but could if accommodations for it are made

Actually that's not the analysis but doesn't matter.

> @cxx said:

> > @tiderider said:

> > > @Barfolomew said:

> > > > @gvogel said:

> > > > > @Barfolomew said:

> > > > > Let them wear carts....and shorts too. Cause who gives a fluck...

> > > > >

> > > > > Ive got foot neuropathy and never walk....can't. Speeds game up and lets disabled people beat the **** outta healthy mofos for once... to make it fair let everyone who wants ride.

> > > > >

> > > > > You think it would have any effect on ratings if all were driving? **** no...cause were watching shots not driving carts lol

> > > >

> > > > are you kidding me? If they were all riding, it would look like a circus, and not professional at all. I believe it would be a turn-off for a lot of golf fans.

> > >

> > > Have you ever played golf? Never looks like a circus when I play golf at courses where carts are mandatory.... it looks like golf. Overreacting bud..

> >

> > carts are for wimps

>

> Maybe, but you are talking about the vast majority of golfers.

>

> Seems this whole thing is being blown out of proportion. Don't worry it will be over soon. Everything will go back to the way it was.

>

> It is funny that no one rags on the champions tour for allowing carts. They are playing golf too, professionally.

Not so sure about the vast majority of golfers using carts. In Europe, most rounds are played walking.

> @Ferguson said:

> > @tbowles411 said:

> > So the provision for a cart shouldn't exist? The waiver request process in there for a reason. An otherwise competitive golfer shouldn't use every tool at their disposal to play? It's also a potentially legal issue with with ADA rules with access to courses, a la Casey Martin. If he can hit shots, he can play. To me it's very simple.

>

> Please don't get me started on Casey Martin. With the money he spent on a legal team, he could have pursued alternative treatments for the leg in another country.

>

> John Daly - just trying to gain the spotlight. That's his style.

Yes because alternative treatment never crossed his mind. He is so selfish and such a whiner.

> @buckeyefl said:

> > @Ferguson said:

> > Daly is treating this event as he's treated everything in life - with blatant disregard for what is right and just. This is about him.

>

> Right and just? Ok it's time step away from your cartoon persona. Maybe get back to Phil.

Phil was just smart enough to lay the ground work early with his arthritis commercials. He’s going to get his US Open in a cart. ;-)

This is ridiculous really. Professional golfers need to be able to do many things well - hit the ball, putt, read greens, assess the conditions etc. Some things are not required - like carrying your own bag and repairing your divots.

To allow a cart is to say that walking the course is not an essential part of the game. Which is wrong in my opinion. It’s the only part of the game that requires stamina or a level of physical fitness, but it’s still an essential part. If you can’t walk the course unassisted then you’re not playing the same game as the other competitors.

TaylorMade Qi10 10.5* 
Callaway BB Alpha 816 16*
Srixon Z H45 Hybrid 19* 
Srixon ZX Utility 23*
Srixon ZX5 Mk II 5-AW

Callaway Jaws Raw Black 54 & 58
TaylorMade Spider Tour Black
Bridgestone Tour RX

> @anth said:

> This is ridiculous really. Professional golfers need to be able to do many things well - hit the ball, putt, read greens, assess the conditions etc. Some things are not required - like carrying your own bag and repairing your divots.

>

> To allow a cart is to say that walking the course is not an essential part of the game. Which is wrong in my opinion. It’s the only part of the game that requires stamina or a level of physical fitness, but it’s still an essential part. If you can’t walk the course unassisted then you’re not playing the same game as the other competitors.

You will probably have the same predictable posters tell you otherwise, but this is reasonable take on the situation.

> @Golfingfanatic said:

> > @cxx said:

> > > @tiderider said:

> > > > > @gvogel said:

> > > > > > @Barfolomew said:

> > > > > > Let them wear carts....and shorts too. Cause who gives a fluck...

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Ive got foot neuropathy and never walk....can't. Speeds game up and lets disabled people beat the **** outta healthy mofos for once... to make it fair let everyone who wants ride.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You think it would have any effect on ratings if all were driving? **** no...cause were watching shots not driving carts lol

> > > > >

> > > > > are you kidding me? If they were all riding, it would look like a circus, and not professional at all. I believe it would be a turn-off for a lot of golf fans.

> > > >

> > > > Have you ever played golf? Never looks like a circus when I play golf at courses where carts are mandatory.... it looks like golf. Overreacting bud..

> > >

> > > carts are for wimps

> >

> > Maybe, but you are talking about the vast majority of golfers.

> >

> > Seems this whole thing is being blown out of proportion. Don't worry it will be over soon. Everything will go back to the way it was.

> >

> > It is funny that no one rags on the champions tour for allowing carts. They are playing golf too, professionally.

>

> Not so sure about the vast majority of golfers using carts. In Europe, most rounds are played walking.

>

You know that thought crossed my mind, but I ignored it.

> @Barfolomew said:

> I turn on the TV to watch golf!

>

> How they get to the ball doesn't mean **** to me....they could fly, jump, ride, walk, skip, swim, piggy back ride from Amanda Balionis, Scotty could beam them there, take the blimp.... Just watchin the golf part here

It's not really about you or I, it's about JD and the guys he's competing against. I've walked Bethpage Black a few times with a caddie, it's not fun and definitely impacts your golf game. I was physically tired after playing rounds on the Black course, riding on that course is a huge advantage.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

> @Joker91 said:

> > @new2g0lf said:

> > > @Barfolomew said:

> > > I turn on the TV to watch golf!

> > >

> > > How they get to the ball doesn't mean **** to me....they could fly, jump, ride, walk, skip, swim, piggy back ride from Amanda Balionis, Scotty could beam them there, take the blimp.... Just watchin the golf part here

> > It's not really about you or I, it's about JD and the guys he's competing against. I've walked Bethpage Black a few times with a caddie, it's not fun and definitely impacts your golf game. I was physically tired after playing rounds on the Black course, riding on that course is a huge advantage.

> >

>

> Again, an advantage over who?

Okay, I'm neither a brain scientist or a rocket surgeon, but will someone please tell me what I'm missing with this question because it really doesn't make sense to me. My initial thought was that the answer is obvious but apparently it is not.

> @new2g0lf said:

> > @"DFS PFD" said:

> > > @new2g0lf said:

> > > > @Joker91 said:

> > > > Do some of you think that using the cart makes him the favorite to win now or even have a chance at a top 50 finish? A cart isn't going to make the 1836th ranked player in the world a contender.

> > > Point is he's being given an advantage regardless of where he places. If he finishes 50th, he's stealing money from the guys that finished 51st and after.

> >

> > And if he has to walk with an ailment or injury he's at a disadvantage, it's a revolving door issue.

> Walking is part of the sport, Day and Tiger have bad backs, they aren't asking for a cart.

So when Day is in one of his attention seeking moods from playing poorly and wants to take 10 minutes to get stretched out he should just be DQ’d?

What an advantage his playing > @Golfingfanatic said:

> > @cxx said:

> > > @tiderider said:

> > > > > @gvogel said:

> > > > > > @Barfolomew said:

> > > > > > Let them wear carts....and shorts too. Cause who gives a fluck...

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Ive got foot neuropathy and never walk....can't. Speeds game up and lets disabled people beat the **** outta healthy mofos for once... to make it fair let everyone who wants ride.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You think it would have any effect on ratings if all were driving? **** no...cause were watching shots not driving carts lol

> > > > >

> > > > > are you kidding me? If they were all riding, it would look like a circus, and not professional at all. I believe it would be a turn-off for a lot of golf fans.

> > > >

> > > > Have you ever played golf? Never looks like a circus when I play golf at courses where carts are mandatory.... it looks like golf. Overreacting bud..

> > >

> > > carts are for wimps

> >

> > Maybe, but you are talking about the vast majority of golfers.

> >

> > Seems this whole thing is being blown out of proportion. Don't worry it will be over soon. Everything will go back to the way it was.

> >

> > It is funny that no one rags on the champions tour for allowing carts. They are playing golf too, professionally.

>

> Not so sure about the vast majority of golfers using carts. In Europe, most rounds are played walking.

>

That is so sophisticated and refined. I’d love learn more about how things are done in Europe in relation to this topic.

1. Are there really that many people who care to watch Ole Fatso play outside of the Senior tournaments? He doesn't hit it as long as he once has, he will certainly not be competitive on this course, so who cares? He will miss the cut by 10 shots minimum.

2. Why should a grossly overweight, chain-smoking, burger eating slob with a knee condition get a cart in a professional sports event? I have absolutely no problem with the cart riding on the Senior Tour. But this is one of 4 Major golf tournaments, not some charity clambake. Osteoarthritis is not a nice thing. But his knee condition is worsened by his body shape, if he did all he could to lessen the effect of his condition simply by keeping in shape a cart could be worth a decision (not for me, if he cannot walk he can't play). The way he treats himself I would rule him out. He is not disabled. Other pro golfers end their careers for medical reasons, Daly takes the easy path: He makes it easier for himself. This is pathetic. What's next? 3-foot gimmies for John because he can't see the ball hiding behind his fat belly while putting? C'mon!

> @"Short Pete" said:

> 1. Are there really that many people who care to watch Ole Fatso play outside of the Senior tournaments? He doesn't hit it as long as he once has, he will certainly not be competitive on this course, so who cares? He will miss the cut by 10 shots minimum.

> 2. Why should a grossly overweight, chain-smoking, burger eating slob with a knee condition get a cart in a professional sports event? I have absolutely no problem with the cart riding on the Senior Tour. But this is one of 4 Major golf tournaments, not some charity clambake. Osteoarthritis is not a nice thing. But his knee condition is worsened by his body shape, if he did all he could to lessen the effect of his condition simply by keeping in shape a cart could be worth a decision (not for me, if he cannot walk he can't play). The way he treats himself I would rule him out. He is not disabled. Other pro golfers end their careers for medical reasons, Daly takes the easy path: He makes it easier for himself. This is pathetic. What's next? 3-foot gimmies for John because he can't see the ball hiding behind his fat belly while putting? C'mon!

You seem to have some issues with body image.