I was recently fitted for new irons and came away with KBS c taper, 120 S.

Interested in what hybrid shafts I could be looking at that would be similar profile to this? My hybrid and 3w are a few years old, off the rack shafts in cobra bio cell.

I know there are lots of variables etc but any info would be helpful. FWIW driver ss 100-103 mph. I play Accra FX250 M4 in the driver.

Thanks

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Atmos Tour Spec HB Blue 8....surprisingly good shaft in my hybrid. Felt it was better than the Tensei and project X offerings. Heard good things about KBS Proto hybrid shaft as well

Don’t overlook the Aldila Rip phenom 85 or 100 shaft. They are very solid and smooth with a great low/mid flight and spin and can be found for 25-30 bucks brand new. I have them in hybrids and driving irons and they feel so good and perform great.

CALLAWAY EPIC FLASH SZ 9 EV BLACK 75 6.5 44 1/4” CALLAWAY EPIC FLASH SZ 15 MATRIX HD9 STRONG 41.5” WILSON FG5 TOUR 17* RIP PHENOM 100 S SRIXON Z FORGED 3-PW CATALYST 100 6.5 CLEVELAND RTX4 50* CATALYST 100 6.0 CLEVELAND RTX4 54* CATALYST 100 6.0 CLEVELAND RTX4 58* MODUS 120X SEEMORE mFGP20 PLATINUM 38” SNELL MTB-X

Atmos Tour Spec HB Blue 8....surprisingly good shaft in my hybrid. Felt it was better than the Tensei and project X offerings. Heard good things about KBS Proto hybrid shaft as well

• Like 1

Titleist TSi3 9° | Tensei AV Raw White 65S

Titleist TSi3 16.5º | Tensei AV Raw White 75S
Titleist 818H2 21º | Atmos HB TS Blue 8S
Callaway Apex CF19 5-PW | Modus 105S
Callaway MD5 50°W 54°S 58°X | KBS $-Taper 120S

Toulon Las Vegas H7 | Stability Tour
Titleist ProV1x

> @Zamboni_006 said:

> I was recently fitted for new irons and came away with KBS c taper, 120 S.

>

> Interested in what hybrid shafts I could be looking at that would be similar profile to this? My hybrid and 3w are a few years old, off the rack shafts in cobra bio cell.

>

> I know there are lots of variables etc but any info would be helpful. FWIW driver ss 100-103 mph. I play Accra FX250 M4 in the driver.

>

> Thanks

C-Taper 120 S is very close to PX but still a bit different for the sensitive player, but as a bargain option, the discontinued Project X Blue Tour Issue Hybrids is a robbery to about 20 USD on the bay now, you CANT find more shaft for the buck in your case. PS! PX HYBRID is just as stiff as their STEEL irons with the same flex label, so dont think its "softer" because its graphite, its only lower weight and better dampening. They can be hard or soft stepped by tip trim to get the weight you want. ...

Im thinking about getting a set to use as basic for a set Sterling single length, or something with short play length differences, because there is no shafts on the marked that can beet it at this price and its highly versatile to work with even if the tip section is short. i already have 2 hybrids with the Ti 5.5, and simply love them.

> @Zamboni_006 said:

> I was recently fitted for new irons and came away with KBS c taper, 120 S.

>

> Interested in what hybrid shafts I could be looking at that would be similar profile to this? My hybrid and 3w are a few years old, off the rack shafts in cobra bio cell.

>

> I know there are lots of variables etc but any info would be helpful. FWIW driver ss 100-103 mph. I play Accra FX250 M4 in the driver.

>

> Thanks

Atmos Black Tour Spec...........I'm playing the Blue and I love it but if you want to match that profile go with the Black.

Taylormade SIM MAX 9 (Set to 8.25U) Fujikura Speeder Evo IV 661 Stiff Tipped .5"
Taylormade M5 15 set to 14.5 Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 7.3 Stiff Tipped 1"
Bridgestone Tour B 19 Hybrid KBS Proto 85 Stiff
Taylormade M3 3i KBS Tour 105 Stiff
Bridgestone J15CB 5-PW DG AMT S300
Taylormade MG2 52 DGTIS400, MG2TW 56/12 DGTIS400, & Tour Raw Hi Toe 60/09 KBS HiRev 125
Scotty Cameron TeI Newport 2 Longneck 34"
Bridgestone Tour B XS

> @AG12 said:

> Atmos Tour Spec HB Blue 8....surprisingly good shaft in my hybrid. Felt it was better than the Tensei and project X offerings. Heard good things about KBS Proto hybrid shaft as well

The Atmos Blue HB TS is the absolute best hybrid shaft on the market. I have played the classic Altus for 10 years and the Blue took it out of the bag in 3 swings.

Taylormade SIM MAX 9 (Set to 8.25U) Fujikura Speeder Evo IV 661 Stiff Tipped .5"
Taylormade M5 15 set to 14.5 Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 7.3 Stiff Tipped 1"
Bridgestone Tour B 19 Hybrid KBS Proto 85 Stiff
Taylormade M3 3i KBS Tour 105 Stiff
Bridgestone J15CB 5-PW DG AMT S300
Taylormade MG2 52 DGTIS400, MG2TW 56/12 DGTIS400, & Tour Raw Hi Toe 60/09 KBS HiRev 125
Scotty Cameron TeI Newport 2 Longneck 34"
Bridgestone Tour B XS

Loved both the KBS proto and PX black hybrid shafts but ended up sticking with the PX black. I have it fully for my woods (60/70/85 for my Dr/3w/hy) and it works best for me.

The proto is very stable and smooth but if you go above 85gr can “feel” a bit stouter. In my opinion the 85 is ideal for a hybrid and 95/105 versions are better for driving irons.

I play PX 6.0/6.5 in my irons and didn’t think I would like the KBS hybrid proto but it felt really good when I tried it. I haven’t gotten on launch monitor with it to check yardages (or on course for that matter). I currently have the Tensei Pro White 95tx hybrid and really love the stability of this shaft, very tight dispersion and can just focus on flighting it to hit different distances. I haven’t tried Tensei Pro Blue hybrid but have heard good things. I used to game the Fuji Atmos TS blue 85x and as others have stated, very good hybrid shaft. I used to swear by this shaft, but have gained a few rpm’s in swing speed recently and it started to feel just a tad loose feeling. It seems I do best around the low 90 gram weight range. I haven’t hit PX Black hybrid. Hope that helps.

> @mogc60 said:

> Don’t overlook the Aldila Rip phenom 85 or 100 shaft. They are very solid and smooth with a great low/mid flight and spin and can be found for 25-30 bucks brand new. I have them in hybrids and driving irons and they feel so good and perform great.

Second this, I'm rocking 85X in both my hybrids and they perform wonderfully.

> @Pigems said:

> I went back to a steel shafted hybrid last season and I love it, I use it as an iron replacement, not a wood replacement so it would works well for me.

I did this (and ordered a square head) - hybrid is not a hook machine anymore!

Ping G400 Max, 9.5, Tour 65 S Cobra AMP Cell 3+ (13) Taylormade RBZ 3HL (17) Wishon 775HS 3Hyb (21) - Modus 120X Mizuno JPX 919 Forged (5-G) - Modus 120X Mizuno S18 - 56 & 60 - Modus 120X Odyssey Sabertooth www.YourGolfHeadcovers.com