Best Driver Thought Pre Swing?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For me, its literally no thought at all. Just put the ball where I want it, grip and rip. When I overthink, or tell myself to do something, IE "light grip pressure, dont start back to inside, etc" I u

The engineers would be crying if they knew where their hard work is going to end up...

Don’t go right....     or left.

For me, its literally no thought at all. Just put the ball where I want it, grip and rip. When I overthink, or tell myself to do something, IE "light grip pressure, dont start back to inside, etc" I usually fail.

• Like 1

Your average weekend golfer in SoCal; always looking someone new to play with.

#Ping #Bettinardi #Taylormade #MGGolf #Snell #Sunfishknit #Lamkin #Arccos

Same as every swing. My start line and traj im trying to hit. For any besides driver, im thinking about the distance i want to carry it. I feel all of this in my practice and then when i actually swing, all i think about is taking the club back and swinging forward towards my target

Driver: Taylormade M2 ('17) 10.5* ; Accura MV85x PINK 1 of 1

3 wood: Taylormade Aeroburner TP 15*; Diamana Blueboard 72X

4 wood: PXG Gen2 16* (set 17.5); Hzardus Red 80x

Hybrid: PXG Gen1 19* (set 20.5): Hzardus Handcrafted Black 100x

Irons: I have set up NIKE Vapor Pro Combos, PXGs, Mizuno MP59s, and Titleist 716 

Wedges: Scratch 50 (bent to 47*), 53* (bent to 51*), 58* (bent to 57*)

Maltby 60* bent to 63*; with a custom grind 

Putter: YES! Tracy Tour 36 inches Super Stroke GP Tour

Once all the pre-shot decisions are made and I step to the ball with a driver I think, "Hit it Hard!" For me it take away a lot of possible swing thoughts. I forget where I saw the video but, it showed how repeatable our golf motions are. From high handicappers down to scratch and better although flawed they repeated themselves with remarkable consistency. So, I have what I have that day, and if driver is in my hands I'm steeping on it, and forgetting mechanics...they are already cooked in.

TM M5 460 10.5* Set @ 9* - Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6S 45"
TM M3 HL 17* - Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 7S 42.5"
Titleist 816H2 21* - Fuji Motore Speeder HB 8.8 Tour Spec S
Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 4 iron, 919 Tour 5-PW Nippon Modus 120 S
Titleist Vokey SM4 50*, TM High Toe 54*, 60*
TM TP Red Ardmore 3 

> @buckeyefl said:

> > @Circaflex said:

> > For me, its literally no thought at all. Just put the ball where I want it, grip and rip. When I overthink, or tell myself to do something, IE "light grip pressure, dont start back to inside, etc" I usually fail.

>

> Just a note fir those that do use thoughts, NEVER use or think "don't".

What if the thought is don't swing the club.

I don't know if this will help you or anyone else, but it has revolutionized my driving. I have one thought, "keep my left knee and shoulder against the wall.". Being right handed it forces me to turn and takes all actual swing motions out of my mind. I am hitting it shorter than before by about 15 yards but it is very controlled and am hitting fairways non stop and get good height on the ball. Good luck whatever you decide OP