Koepka defends title; shows charisma with fist pump; glfwrx goes wild

tiderider

> @QuigleyDU said:

> > @iteachgolf said:

> > I wouldn’t call them “flatish” there are flat spots on them but they also have a decent amount of slope with some being quite a bit

>

> Thanks, I have not been there so I am just repeating what I have heard.

I play there often, and have to shake my head at all the "flat greens" comments. Dead giveaway that they have never set foot there. The majority of the greens slope back to front, and if you're above the hole, you really can't putt aggressively unless you want a lot coming back. What that also means is being pin high, left or right of the hole, and you'll often have a nice breaker either way.

Just because they aren't Disneyland'ish multiple contoured greens, doesn't mean they're flat or easy to putt if you're out of position. I hope this puts this seemingly popular myth to rest.

> @BobMorris said:

> > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > @iteachgolf said:

> > > I wouldn’t call them “flatish” there are flat spots on them but they also have a decent amount of slope with some being quite a bit

> >

> > Thanks, I have not been there so I am just repeating what I have heard.

>

> I play there often, and have to shake my head at all the "flat greens" comments. Dead giveaway that they have never set foot there. The greens slope back to front, and on the majority of them, if you're above the hole, you really can't putt aggressively unless you want a lot coming back. What that also means is being pin high, left or right of the hole, and you'll often have a nice breaker either way.

> Just because they aren't Disneyland'ish multiple contoured greens, doesn't mean they're flat or easy to putt if you're out of position. I hope this puts this seemingly popular myth to rest.

The lore of Bethpage Black.

> @BobMorris said:

> > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > @iteachgolf said:

> > > I wouldn’t call them “flatish” there are flat spots on them but they also have a decent amount of slope with some being quite a bit

> >

> > Thanks, I have not been there so I am just repeating what I have heard.

>

> I play there often, and have to shake my head at all the "flat greens" comments. Dead giveaway that they have never set foot there. The majority of the greens slope back to front, and if you're above the hole, you really can't putt aggressively unless you want a lot coming back. What that also means is being pin high, left or right of the hole, and you'll often have a nice breaker either way.

> Just because they aren't Disneyland'ish multiple contoured greens, doesn't mean they're flat or easy to putt if you're out of position. I hope this puts this seemingly popular myth to rest.

Sure, Thank you.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

Ok, should I get the 5am train to see TW warm up? This is crazy. Getting

> @Z1ggy16 said:

> > @bbr16 said:

> > I’m really liking the new schedule, especially having the majors back to back. Less of a lull between majors is better for fans for sure.

> >

> > Anyone here going to Bethpage? I’m curious how the traffic will be, and if players will have adjust their schedule to account for traffic.

>

> I wouldn't want to drive in unless I was local. I'd figure out a way to take the LIRR if possible... That's how I am getting there.

Me too!

Did the start time get pushed back? The OP says 7:29 but the first tee time says 6:45.

> @QuigleyDU said:

> > @"Big A HG" said:

> > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > @"Big A HG" said:

> > > > > @" SwooshLT" said:

> > > > > And Brandel still doubting Tiger.....I mean c'mon, just stand up and say it.....you hate the man....

> > > >

> > > > I'm not sure what Brandel is saying now (and it's no mystery that he's not Tiger's biggest fan), but I LOVE Tiger and even I don't see this as being a great fit for him right now. Pebble Beach will be an absolutely perfect fit for him at the US Open, though. Pebble will be a course that demands accuracy with irons and a good short game over length and accuracy off the tee due. Bethpage is just a monster and if you aren't long and accurate off the tee, it really diminishes how good the rest of your game is.

> > >

> > > Bethpage and Pebble are not his favs contrary to popular belief. I don't see either really being a good fit. Just because he lapped the field once back when he was out of his mind and this world good does not mean he will do it again. DJ or Phil (who won already this year at pebble) are much better picks for the US open.

> >

> > I based my zero of my Pebble thoughts on his previous wins or opinions of Tiger and entirely based them on Tiger's style of game today. If you look at Carnoustie, Bellerive, and Augusta over the past few majors, his iron play really dictated his game. Playing bomb and gouge golf is no longer his game as he's mediocre from a distance point-of-view. On top of that, he's mediocre to below average from a top player standpoint with a driver. There are very few holes Tiger needs to attack with driver at Pebble if he doesn't want to, which plays right into Tiger's current game. Very few players can keep up with Tiger when his iron game is on, and his wedge game and putting has improved a lot over the last year (outside of Thursday at Augusta). I couldn't imagine a better US Open course for Tiger 2.0 right now than Pebble Beach considering the other usual US Open type courses.

>

> I appreciate your description and I am happy to be wrong.** I think distance at pebble will be of an upmost importance**. They will tighten the fairways and grow the rough. That is standard practice. It is also very possible they will have weather, If nothing else winds to deal with. I think He will have to hit driver, or risk being short in the rough because he hit three wood. Laying back and missing fairways is way worse than hitting a driver and missing fairways.

>

> If the course is wet at all it will play miles longer and again force him to hit driver. He is well known for his dislike of poa greens. It’s part of the reason he does not play the pro-am. Pebble greens will not only be bumpy, but fast and bumpy. That is something they will all have to deal with but, I could see it frustrating Tiger more.

>

> Again, I am happy to be wrong, that is just my thinking. This week, I think it is a pick-um. I have no idea. I would love to see Rory step up and close one out again, but I don’t think he will. I think it will be a molinari or Rickie type to win it. Someone who is accurate in hitting fairways and greens. Most of the greens are reportedly flat’ish so putting is maybe but less of a necessity. What do I dunno though? I think it will be a beast throughout.

I think that Pebble is going to play shorter and narrower, like Merion. There are only so many holes where driver is important - 2, 6, 9, 10, 14, and 18 for the modern player. Many more holes are lay up or take less club and hit a fairway.

Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse

> @bscinstnct said:

> Ok, should I get the 5am train to see TW warm up? This is crazy. Getting

> > @Z1ggy16 said:

> > > @bbr16 said:

> > > I’m really liking the new schedule, especially having the majors back to back. Less of a lull between majors is better for fans for sure.

> > >

> > > Anyone here going to Bethpage? I’m curious how the traffic will be, and if players will have adjust their schedule to account for traffic.

> >

> > I wouldn't want to drive in unless I was local. I'd figure out a way to take the LIRR if possible... That's how I am getting there.

>

> Me too!

> Did the start time get pushed back? The OP says 7:29 but the first tee time says 6:45.

No, first tee time is 6:45 AM EDT.

Maybe the OP was just listing some featured groups.

• Like 1

I am staying at a hotel in Melville Sunday night. Planning to drive in early that morning and spend 8-9 hours out there watching as much as we can, and then we'll go out that night to celebrate Tigers second of 4 majors this year. Anyone familiar with the area know of any good spots to grab a beer/drinks/dinner afterwards? Preferably within Lyft distance of the Hilton Garden Inn in Mellville?

> @TBD203 said:

> I am staying at a hotel in Melville Sunday night. Planning to drive in early that morning and spend 8-9 hours out there watching as much as we can, and then we'll go out that night to celebrate Tigers second of 4 majors this year. Anyone familiar with the area know of any good spots to grab a beer/drinks/dinner afterwards? Preferably within Lyft distance of the Hilton Garden Inn in Mellville?

Blackstone's

Wagyu hot stone appetizer, and their sushi is outstanding

Nice wine list too.

> @TBD203 said:

> Have a Vegan with us, not sure I can swing that! But it does look amazing.

Eat the vegan. Leave the cannoli.

WITB
Taylormade SIM2 10.5* Ventus Black 6X
Taylormade SIM 19* AD-DI 7X

Taylormade Stealth 3h Ventus Blue 9X
Mizuno MP-69 4-PW Modus 120 S
Vokey SM9 50 - 55 - 60 DGTI S400 

Scotty Cameron GoLo 6

> @Rangeballz said:

> > @"Darth Putter" said:

> > PGA Champions Dinner

> > 0lwt6xgj59ws.png

> >

> > not exactly The Masters is it?

> >

>

> Is it just me or do the heads look photoshopped? Some seem abnormally large. Example, look at the head and hands of the guy in the first row second from the right

Looks like the President's Club sales winners for a software company.

Where are all the other winners? Where is Phil? Bettin the ponies, maybe.

That trophy stand looks like a kid made/painted it in wood shop at the local high school.

Least the dinner looks good. I assume you can order all 3 entrees?

> @Rangeballz said:

> > PGA Champions Dinner

> > 0lwt6xgj59ws.png

> >

> >

>

> Is it just me or do the heads look photoshopped? Some seem abnormally large. Example, look at the head and hands of the guy in the first row second from the right

Looks like it was taken at the Moose Lodge.

> @Oldboy said:

> > @MIgolfer20 said:

> > Who thinks Rory is gonna make it happen?

>

> > @MIgolfer20 said:

>

> > @MIgolfer20 said:

>

> > @MIgolfer20 said:

>

>

R McIlroy Win PGA Champ?

Yes +1200

No -3000

R McIlroy Make the Cut?

Yes -900

No +600

R McIlroy Finish in Top 5?

Yes +210

No -260

R McIlroy Finish in Top 10?

Yes +115

No -135

R McIlroy Finish in Top 20?

Yes -160

No +140

> @Rangeballz said:

> > PGA Champions Dinner

> > 0lwt6xgj59ws.png

> >

> >

>

Rich Beem is happy to be there, although his pic looks like it was cut from the Sgt. Pepper album cover.

John Daly hurt by criticism from Tiger, Golf Channel: ‘They bashed me pretty good’

[https://golf.com/news/2019/05/15/john-daly-hurt-cart-criticism-tiger-woods-golf-channel/?utm_campaign=forecast&utm_source=golf.com&utm_medium=email&utm_content=%7Bdate%28&utm_term=Forecast%20Newsletter](https://www.golf.com/news/2019/05/15/john-daly-hurt-cart-criticism-tiger-woods-golf-channel/?utm_campaign=forecast&utm_source=golf.com&utm_medium=email&utm_content=%7Bdate%28&utm_term=Forecast%20Newsletter "https://golf.com/news/2019/05/15/john-daly-hurt-cart-criticism-tiger-woods-golf-channel/?utm_campaign=forecast&utm_source=golf.com&utm_medium=email&utm_content=%7Bdate%28&utm_term=Forecast%20Newsletter")

> @flushem said:

> > @Oldboy said:

> > > @MIgolfer20 said:

> > > Who thinks Rory is gonna make it happen?

> >

> > > @MIgolfer20 said:

> >

> > > @MIgolfer20 said:

> >

> > > @MIgolfer20 said:

> >

> >

>

> R McIlroy Win PGA Champ?

> Yes +1200

> No -3000

>

> R McIlroy Make the Cut?

> Yes -900

> No +600

>

> R McIlroy Finish in Top 5?

> Yes +210

> No -260

>

> R McIlroy Finish in Top 10?

> Yes +115

> No -135

>

> R McIlroy Finish in Top 20?

> Yes -160

> No +140

Wow no love for Rors?? Guess people are expecting the Sunday meltdown?

My #1 and #2 are Tiger and BK. Darkhorse is Fleetwood.

> @flushem said:

> John Daly hurt by criticism from Tiger, Golf Channel: ‘They bashed me pretty good’

>

> [https://golf.com/news/2019/05/15/john-daly-hurt-cart-criticism-tiger-woods-golf-channel/?utm_campaign=forecast&utm_source=golf.com&utm_medium=email&utm_content=%7Bdate%28&utm_term=Forecast%20Newsletter](https://www.golf.com/news/2019/05/15/john-daly-hurt-cart-criticism-tiger-woods-golf-channel/?utm_campaign=forecast&utm_source=golf.com&utm_medium=email&utm_content=%7Bdate%28&utm_term=Forecast%20Newsletter "https://golf.com/news/2019/05/15/john-daly-hurt-cart-criticism-tiger-woods-golf-channel/?utm_campaign=forecast&utm_source=golf.com&utm_medium=email&utm_content=%7Bdate%28&utm_term=Forecast%20Newsletter")

We all feel for you, John. I'll get a card that we can sign and send to him.

I wonder how John Daly will greet Tiger Woods when they see each other next. :D

https://www.cbssports.com/golf/news/tiger-woods-jabs-at-john-daly-using-a-golf-cart-at-pga-championship-i-walked-on-a-broken-leg/

BOOM! And that's a wrap!!!!

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / SW: Mizuno T-22, 52° (bent to 50°)/ 56° (bent to 54°), True Temper S400

LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Putter:  Byron Morgan Epic Day custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips:  BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

> @iteachgolf said:

> > @drbonesvt said:

> > With it so wet , will they play the max 7500, I’m always interested in how they adjust for atmospheric/ course conditions

>

> A few holes have 2 potential tee boxes but there aren’t many. 7 will play up at least 2 days I think and 3rd hole will play up one or 2 days. After the cut it will essentially be playing it’s full yardage

Yeah....on #3 with the far right hole position it will play about 220......the far left pin abo> @RobotDoctor said:

> I wonder how John Daly will greet Tiger Woods when they see each other next. :D

>

> https://www.cbssports.com/golf/news/tiger-woods-jabs-at-john-daly-using-a-golf-cart-at-pga-championship-i-walked-on-a-broken-leg/

>

> BOOM! And that's a wrap!!!!

Ah yes....the famous broken leg.

> @MilkyButterCuts said:

> Is it just me or does this look like the hardest **** golf course you've ever seen?

In 2016 when the Barclays event was there, the cut was +3 and the winner was -9. Tiger was -3 in the 2002 Open there and Lucas Glover was -4 in 2009.

Lots of people are predicting some sort of bloodbath, but I just dont see it. The softer conditions from the wetness will keep a lot of balls in the fairways and keep the greens pretty receptive all tournament. You give touring professionals a soft golf course, and they almost always score well. I think the winning score will be several under par.

> @johnseg said:

> > PGA Champions Dinner

> > 0lwt6xgj59ws.png

> >

> >

>

> ![](https://www.golf.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/pga-championship-champions-dinnner-960x540.jpg "")

> Little better in 2018

YE is taller than rich beem and i'd guess JT and Rory so what were you exactly implying i wonder