2020 Masters tickets

John K.

It’s funny. Our opinions change so quickly . My opinion was that for sure and then all of the sudden they lost the rest of their minds and cancelled school. Thus taking 20 % ( published numbers) of healthcare workers out of the workforce due to lack of childcare. So yea. I’m leaning more toward weve jumped the shark .

but yes. I do agree that mass gatherings isn’t a good idea as of this point. But I’ve always hated mass gatherings. So that’s easy for me to say. lol.

So to the point. Canceled sports events are likely good. Although it does bug me how SOME here seem to actively root for this result. Vs having optimism that the result would be opposite. It’s as if they think the masters shouldn’t be played unless the azaleas are in bloom etc. as if somehow their ticket to go is a waste if it’s not the normal show. That’s selfish and nuts. We should all pull for it to happen at some point. That benefits everyone’s mind for a sense of normalcy.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

No one is rooting for the Masters to be cancelled. That’s just a silly conclusion. The country is grinding to a halt. NY state just ordered the closing of all restaurants and bars except for take out. Gyms and movie theaters are ordered closed. NYC is closing schools through April 30 at the earliest. Talk about cancelling the rest of the school year is starting. Have a party or wedding planned? OK, as long as less than 50 people are coming. Going to Disney World? Not now. As I write this the stock market is down another 1800 points.

Now let’s not start a discussion about whether any of the steps, or others, need to be taken. Those decisions have been made and all of the posts anyone cares to make here will not change that. And in the midst of all this folks here are concerned about whether or not there will be a Masters this year! Will it bump up against the PGA? What about NFL football? What about foreign players? What will the weather be? Talk about selfish and nuts.

I have tickets for the Tuesday practice round. My son and I were going so I have a personal interest. And that interest is not in the Masters being cancelled. But my guess is it will be. That guess is based on the evidence I see. Played in the next 60 days? Doesn’t square with reality. Beyond 60 days you get to the US Open, and that maybe in jeopardy. A fall Masters? Definitely a possibility. Hopefully normalcy will have returned by then. I just don’t think ANGC will do it. Just my opinion.

We all hope that 2 months from now we look back and say “Gee, that corona virus thing turned out to be no big deal.” But we don’t know that. All we know is the country is very different than it was a month ago and it’s likely to get worse before it gets better.

I am in the golf business ( Superintendent), and know a lot of higher up's in the golfing world. It is of my opinion that a 2020 Masters has one and only one hope- PGA moves to fall, and the Masters is played in that slot. Reason why? The Masters cannot be held from June thru September; in order to keep the course viable and green during that time would mean round the clock watering and syringing, even during play. Firm and fast would be gone, wet and sloppy would be the conditions, and the place would look terrible. ANGC is going to let that happen!

Move The Masters to October or later? ANGC is a powerful entity, and The Masters a spectacular event, but as ANGC knows, business is business, and they aren't a dent on the NFL. Their event would be second tier to the NFL and CBS, and ANGC doesn't not want to be second tier.

Im as big a fan of The Masters as anyone, but quote me on it- if it isn't played in May, it isn't going to happen....

Titleist TSi4 9.75 HZRDUS Smoke 
Titleist 915F 15.5 HZRDUS Smoke
Titleist U500 3 iron
Titleist 718CB 4 thru PW
Titleist Vokey SM7 50-08, 54-08, 58-08

Scotty Cameron Phantom X6

"And in the midst of all this folks here are concerned about whether or not there will be a Masters this year! Will it bump up against the PGA? What about NFL football? What about foreign players? What will the weather be? Talk about selfish and nuts."

This IS a golf forum and the topic of this thread is 2020 Masters Tickets. I certainly think it is reasonable for folks here to have a discussion on "what's next?". That being said, I hope you and your son are able to get there this year. ANGC is a truly special place. Good luck.

• Like 1

This is a time that golf cannot be separated from the “root issues” at least not in terms of events like the Masters and PGA tour.

By all means let’s discuss “what’s next”. Just be willing to accept the possibility that what’s next is that there may be no Masters this year. There may not be a PGA Championship or even a US Open. It may be at least June before we see another Tour event.

I’m not trying to spread doom and gloom and I hope things turn out much better than I just laid out, but the evidence we have right now points in the other direction.

You asked for a discussion, that’s my perspective. Feel free to disagree.

ANGC dotting their 'i's and crossing their 't's ... https://twitter.com/RiggsBarstool/status/1239593186890264578/photo/1

Ping G425 LST 9° - Tour 65 X

Titleist TSi2 - 15° - Tensei AV Raw Blue 75 X

Callaway Apex Pro - 18° - Aldila NV Green 85 X

Titleist T100/T100S - 4-PW - Project X 6.0
Vokey SM8 50/54/58 - Black 
Taylor Made Spider Mini

I’ve spoken with a couple people both around the Tour and Augusta and the event would most likely be held the last week of October or first week of November. May-August isn’t going to happen but they seemed to be optimistic that it will happen in the fall.

We all know from a ratings standpoint it won’t match up to the NFL/SEC but surely there is an intriguing option for CBS around this timeframe whether that be an event that ends before Sat/Sun or early starts on the weekend. I don’t have any details on what the weekly schedule would look like but I am confident the 2020 Masters will happen.

All movie theaters, gyms, bars and restaurants will close in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut at 8 p.m. until further notice to help curb the spread of coronavirus, the governors of each state said Monday.

Coronavirus shutdown declared across N.Y., N.J. and Conn. as cases near 1,000 in Empire State

Gotcha. So not a mandatory lock down order. Just shutting businesses. And no I’m not debating it. Just wanted to be clear.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I have to admit, I was rooting for the masters to be canceled. Once it became clear to me it was likely not safe to travel, I really did not want to have to choose between making a somewhat risky trip to the Masters (first time) to use my lottery tickets OR don't risk catching and spreading virus but not use my tickets.

Marriott has jacked up their October prices in Augusta to $850-1000 / night. Just in case ...

Ping G425 LST 9° - Tour 65 X

Titleist TSi2 - 15° - Tensei AV Raw Blue 75 X

Callaway Apex Pro - 18° - Aldila NV Green 85 X

Titleist T100/T100S - 4-PW - Project X 6.0
Vokey SM8 50/54/58 - Black 
Taylor Made Spider Mini

It's been mentioned before but NBC has exclusive rights to Sunday night football; moving all the games to Sunday night probably won't work.

A potential solution would be to have CBS sell their rights to the games for that week to NBC or ESPN who don't normally broadcast Sunday afternoon games. CBS could still produce although Nantz and I'm sure a lot of their high profile behind the scenes people would be in Augusta.

I don’t understand why you guys think it can’t be played without making TV money for one year ? It could be played and televised per the app if need be.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Because live sports and ad revenues from said live sports are the lifeblood of TV networks now.

The Masters, if played, will be on live TV. It's just a matter of when and how it fits in with CBS' NFL programming. And they will know the programming in about a month when the NFL announces it's 2020 schedule.