2020 Masters tickets

John K.

> @toc said:

> > @lopey986 said:

> > > @Socrates said:

> > > > @toc said:

> > > > A few more questions and declarations that only one application per household will be accepted than I remember. Maybe they’ve noticed some issues with that. Must mean I’m a shoe-in this year.

> > >

> > > They caught and charged a guy for using stolen emails. The ANC mean business. My buddy who lives in Augusta said they are very seriously considering using facial recognition for next year. There is at least 2 more tickets in the lottery since his mother-in-law passed away and was the holder of the tickets. I'll enter, but not holding my breath.

> >

> > Lol facial recognition. They could just put your name on the ticket and your ID has to match and they don't even bother doing that, but sure, they're gonna roll out facial recognition.

>

> Wouldn’t facial recognition eliminate the need for badges and IDs?

sure, i'm saying they don't even bother with IDs to begin with, why are they going to suddenly make some leap to facial recognition? i don't think they particularly care about the resell market anyway.

> @lopey986 said:

> > @toc said:

> > > @lopey986 said:

> > > > @Socrates said:

> > > > > @toc said:

> > > > > A few more questions and declarations that only one application per household will be accepted than I remember. Maybe they’ve noticed some issues with that. Must mean I’m a shoe-in this year.

> > > >

> > > > They caught and charged a guy for using stolen emails. The ANC mean business. My buddy who lives in Augusta said they are very seriously considering using facial recognition for next year. There is at least 2 more tickets in the lottery since his mother-in-law passed away and was the holder of the tickets. I'll enter, but not holding my breath.

> > >

> > > Lol facial recognition. They could just put your name on the ticket and your ID has to match and they don't even bother doing that, but sure, they're gonna roll out facial recognition.

> >

> > Wouldn’t facial recognition eliminate the need for badges and IDs?

>

> sure, i'm saying they don't even bother with IDs to begin with, why are they going to suddenly make some leap to facial recognition? i don't think they particularly care about the resell market anyway.

This is 2019. FR isn't some grandiose technology anymore. Besides, they probably mean more along the lines of photo ID anyway.

> @triplebogeyblues said:

> > @lopey986 said:

> > > @toc said:

> > > > @lopey986 said:

> > > > > @Socrates said:

> > > > > > @toc said:

> > > > > > A few more questions and declarations that only one application per household will be accepted than I remember. Maybe they’ve noticed some issues with that. Must mean I’m a shoe-in this year.

> > > > >

> > > > > They caught and charged a guy for using stolen emails. The ANC mean business. My buddy who lives in Augusta said they are very seriously considering using facial recognition for next year. There is at least 2 more tickets in the lottery since his mother-in-law passed away and was the holder of the tickets. I'll enter, but not holding my breath.

> > > >

> > > > Lol facial recognition. They could just put your name on the ticket and your ID has to match and they don't even bother doing that, but sure, they're gonna roll out facial recognition.

> > >

> > > Wouldn’t facial recognition eliminate the need for badges and IDs?

> >

> > sure, i'm saying they don't even bother with IDs to begin with, why are they going to suddenly make some leap to facial recognition? i don't think they particularly care about the resell market anyway.

>

> This is 2019. FR isn't some grandiose technology anymore. Besides, they probably mean more along the lines of photo ID anyway.

it's a hell of a leap when they aren't currently doing ANYTHING to stop the secondary market. it's pretty easy to kill it if they really want to and up til now they've shown no desire to do so. i hope i'm wrong, i'd love to get tickets through the lottery and actually pay face value because i'm not paying 1-3k on something i know someone paid 150 bucks for.

> @lopey986 said:

> > @triplebogeyblues said:

> > > @lopey986 said:

> > > > @toc said:

> > > > > @lopey986 said:

> > > > > > @Socrates said:

> > > > > > > @toc said:

> > > > > > > A few more questions and declarations that only one application per household will be accepted than I remember. Maybe they’ve noticed some issues with that. Must mean I’m a shoe-in this year.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > They caught and charged a guy for using stolen emails. The ANC mean business. My buddy who lives in Augusta said they are very seriously considering using facial recognition for next year. There is at least 2 more tickets in the lottery since his mother-in-law passed away and was the holder of the tickets. I'll enter, but not holding my breath.

> > > > >

> > > > > Lol facial recognition. They could just put your name on the ticket and your ID has to match and they don't even bother doing that, but sure, they're gonna roll out facial recognition.

> > > >

> > > > Wouldn’t facial recognition eliminate the need for badges and IDs?

> > >

> > > sure, i'm saying they don't even bother with IDs to begin with, why are they going to suddenly make some leap to facial recognition? i don't think they particularly care about the resell market anyway.

> >

> > This is 2019. FR isn't some grandiose technology anymore. Besides, they probably mean more along the lines of photo ID anyway.

>

> it's a **** of a leap when they aren't currently doing ANYTHING to stop the secondary market. it's pretty easy to kill it if they really want to and up til now they've shown no desire to do so. i hope i'm wrong, i'd love to get tickets through the lottery and actually pay face value because i'm not paying 1-3k on something i know someone paid 150 bucks for.

Not doing anything? Clearly you are mis-informed. Locals or people that had tickets for decades were slimmed down in the number they got (eliminating the number they didn't need and could re-sell). My friends family used to have 8 tickets and for the last number of years they only got 2 and finally 0 since the original owner of the ticket passed. They have "secret" barcodes on the tickets so if you post a pic of a ticket you are selling, they know exactly who it belongs to and many have been caught this way. They restrict each ticket to one re-entry per day whereas they used to be unlimited. And they track down every person that wins tickets in the lottery to make sure the email and the person is legit (you might not know it, but they track where the tickets get mailed to. That's how they caught that guy with all the fake email address since he redirected the tickets he won to a single mailing address. Going the next step in RFID chips and FR will virtually stop the re-selling market.

Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45"

Jazz 3 wd Powercoil Stiff
Rogue 3iron Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
X2 Hot 4-AW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
Vokey SM2 52º cc, SM4 56°, SM4 60°
Ping Sigma2 Valor at 34.75"
MCC Align Midsize

> @dmac4g said:

> Bracing myself for another year of disappointment.........16 years and counting if the trend continues!

Thats really bad odds. How is it that some get tickets every year? is there some kind of local deal? Or season ticket holders etc??

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @m_alco said:

> I was selected last year after trying for the 5-6 years prior. I'll be putting in fully expecting that I already used up all my luck.

Same here... Will continue to put in for as long as they allow, but have a feeling 2019 will be the first and last time I win tickets... Best of luck to everyone that entered

> @dmac4g said:

> Bracing myself for another year of disappointment.........16 years and counting if the trend continues!

As am I. I looking at 12 years of the ol' middle finger. Can't really complain as I have been there twice, but not since '08.

• Like 1

Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45"

Jazz 3 wd Powercoil Stiff
Rogue 3iron Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
X2 Hot 4-AW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
Vokey SM2 52º cc, SM4 56°, SM4 60°
Ping Sigma2 Valor at 34.75"
MCC Align Midsize

> @Socrates said:

> > @lopey986 said:

> > > @triplebogeyblues said:

> > > > @lopey986 said:

> > > > > @toc said:

> > > > > > @lopey986 said:

> > > > > > > @Socrates said:

> > > > > > > > @toc said:

> > > > > > > > A few more questions and declarations that only one application per household will be accepted than I remember. Maybe they’ve noticed some issues with that. Must mean I’m a shoe-in this year.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > They caught and charged a guy for using stolen emails. The ANC mean business. My buddy who lives in Augusta said they are very seriously considering using facial recognition for next year. There is at least 2 more tickets in the lottery since his mother-in-law passed away and was the holder of the tickets. I'll enter, but not holding my breath.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Lol facial recognition. They could just put your name on the ticket and your ID has to match and they don't even bother doing that, but sure, they're gonna roll out facial recognition.

> > > > >

> > > > > Wouldn’t facial recognition eliminate the need for badges and IDs?

> > > >

> > > > sure, i'm saying they don't even bother with IDs to begin with, why are they going to suddenly make some leap to facial recognition? i don't think they particularly care about the resell market anyway.

> > >

> > > This is 2019. FR isn't some grandiose technology anymore. Besides, they probably mean more along the lines of photo ID anyway.

> >

> > it's a **** of a leap when they aren't currently doing ANYTHING to stop the secondary market. it's pretty easy to kill it if they really want to and up til now they've shown no desire to do so. i hope i'm wrong, i'd love to get tickets through the lottery and actually pay face value because i'm not paying 1-3k on something i know someone paid 150 bucks for.

>

> Not doing anything? Clearly you are mis-informed. Locals or people that had tickets for decades were slimmed down in the number they got (eliminating the number they didn't need and could re-sell). My friends family used to have 8 tickets and for the last number of years they only got 2 and finally 0 since the original owner of the ticket passed. They have "secret" barcodes on the tickets so if you post a pic of a ticket you are selling, they know exactly who it belongs to and many have been caught this way. They restrict each ticket to one re-entry per day whereas they used to be unlimited. And they track down every person that wins tickets in the lottery to make sure the email and the person is legit (you might not know it, but they track where the tickets get mailed to. That's how they caught that guy with all the fake email address since he redirected the tickets he won to a single mailing address. Going the next step in RFID chips and FR will virtually stop the re-selling market.

If ANGC wanted to shut down the secondary market, they would. With their resources they could buy every badge on Stubhub, etc........and cancel the badge number. They've had RFID chips in the tickets since the 2018 Masters, the secondary market hasn't really changed.

> @Socrates said:

> > @toc said:

> > A few more questions and declarations that only one application per household will be accepted than I remember. Maybe they’ve noticed some issues with that. Must mean I’m a shoe-in this year.

>

> They caught and charged a guy for using stolen emails. The ANC mean business. My buddy who lives in Augusta said they are very seriously considering using facial recognition for next year. There is at least 2 more tickets in the lottery since his mother-in-law passed away and was the holder of the tickets. I'll enter, but not holding my breath.

MIL?! And more tickets for us?!

Wow talk about Win Win!!

> @Socrates said:

> > @lopey986 said:

> > > @Socrates said:

> > > > @toc said:

> > > > A few more questions and declarations that only one application per household will be accepted than I remember. Maybe they’ve noticed some issues with that. Must mean I’m a shoe-in this year.

> > >

> > > They caught and charged a guy for using stolen emails. The ANC mean business. My buddy who lives in Augusta said they are very seriously considering using facial recognition for next year. There is at least 2 more tickets in the lottery since his mother-in-law passed away and was the holder of the tickets. I'll enter, but not holding my breath.

> >

> > Lol facial recognition. They could just put your name on the ticket and your ID has to match and they don't even bother doing that, but sure, they're gonna roll out facial recognition.

>

> They have virtually unlimited budgets. I can see patrons holding tickets needing to supply pictures of those that might be using the tickets. For example my friend that used to have tickets shared them with 6 family members. Wouldn't be hard to submit 6 pictures and store them in a database.

It doesn’t work like that...

> @masamitsu said:

> > @RobotDoctor said:

> > I have applied for practice round tickets since the first year they went to lottery (1995). I have also applied for tournament proper tickets since they started, I forget which year but can guarantee I applied for them. I am 0 for every year but hope this year will change. If not I will be home watching unless one of my buddies gets tickets.

>

> Good luck buddy. I started in '99 and still haven't been selected but this is our year!!!

Absolutely!!! I love the way you think!!! B)

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / SW: Mizuno T-22, 52° (bent to 50°)/ 56° (bent to 54°), True Temper S400

LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Putter:  Byron Morgan Epic Day custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips:  BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

Funny I was just talking about the Clear system today - the airport fingerprint recognition system that eliminates the need for an ID at security - and I'm wondering now how long until the Masters offers something like this. There are @ a dozen major sports stadiums that offer it for entry already.

For every person that says they wouldn't use it because they dont like the idea for whatever reason - Augusta would have 99 people in line behind them to take their ticket. So they know they can do whatever they want in that regard.

RIP TM Stealth2 10.5*  Welcome back OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Kaili Red 75s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TBD - TM P7MC // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

> @Socrates said:

> > @lopey986 said:

> > > @triplebogeyblues said:

> > > > @lopey986 said:

> > > > > @toc said:

> > > > > > @lopey986 said:

> > > > > > > @Socrates said:

> > > > > > > > @toc said:

> > > > > > > > A few more questions and declarations that only one application per household will be accepted than I remember. Maybe they’ve noticed some issues with that. Must mean I’m a shoe-in this year.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > They caught and charged a guy for using stolen emails. The ANC mean business. My buddy who lives in Augusta said they are very seriously considering using facial recognition for next year. There is at least 2 more tickets in the lottery since his mother-in-law passed away and was the holder of the tickets. I'll enter, but not holding my breath.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Lol facial recognition. They could just put your name on the ticket and your ID has to match and they don't even bother doing that, but sure, they're gonna roll out facial recognition.

> > > > >

> > > > > Wouldn’t facial recognition eliminate the need for badges and IDs?

> > > >

> > > > sure, i'm saying they don't even bother with IDs to begin with, why are they going to suddenly make some leap to facial recognition? i don't think they particularly care about the resell market anyway.

> > >

> > > This is 2019. FR isn't some grandiose technology anymore. Besides, they probably mean more along the lines of photo ID anyway.

> >

> > it's a **** of a leap when they aren't currently doing ANYTHING to stop the secondary market. it's pretty easy to kill it if they really want to and up til now they've shown no desire to do so. i hope i'm wrong, i'd love to get tickets through the lottery and actually pay face value because i'm not paying 1-3k on something i know someone paid 150 bucks for.

>

> Not doing anything? Clearly you are mis-informed. Locals or people that had tickets for decades were slimmed down in the number they got (eliminating the number they didn't need and could re-sell). My friends family used to have 8 tickets and for the last number of years they only got 2 and finally 0 since the original owner of the ticket passed. They have "secret" barcodes on the tickets so if you post a pic of a ticket you are selling, they know exactly who it belongs to and many have been caught this way. They restrict each ticket to one re-entry per day whereas they used to be unlimited. And they track down every person that wins tickets in the lottery to make sure the email and the person is legit (you might not know it, but they track where the tickets get mailed to. That's how they caught that guy with all the fake email address since he redirected the tickets he won to a single mailing address. Going the next step in RFID chips and FR will virtually stop the re-selling market.

K. I look forward to the day they kill the resell market, but considering how many listings on ebay/golfwrx/craigslist/facebook there are for masters tickets at a 20x markup every year i'm gonna say they've got a long way to go. I hope they do it, they don't seem to particularly care as far as I can tell though.

I don't care about attending The Masters, but if I really wanted to attend, this is the way I would go about it.

https://www.primesport.com/d/masters-tickets-sunday

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Titleist SM8 Black Wedges 48-54-58

Srixon Q-Star Tour 
2009 Custom Scotty Cameron Welded Neck 009 35/330g (with a slap of lead tape for sauciness)
“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”

I cannot believe I never signed up for tickets before. I have been a huge golf fan for a lil over 20 years and just never got in mainly because I forget about getting into the lottery. This is the year I finally applied! Convinced my dad to submit an application too so that 2 chances. One of my best friends is going to give it a try for his 8th time, currently sitting at 0-7. I honestly think I would prefer a practice round. I have been to both Firestone and Muirfield Village during the event and practice rounds and PRs are just more fun IMO.

I've usually only put in for tournament tickets. When I first applied in 2013 I was like "Big deal, I'll get picked" and I'm 0-5 so far. I joke that I'm just waiting for my annual rejection letter in July (like how the guy who knows he isn't getting a pardon in Shawshank Redemption cheerfully says "I'm up for rejection next Tuesday").

> @BB28403 said:

> > @farmer said:

> > I should have gotten on the waiting list when I was in college. I'm losing hope on the lottery.

>

> Best to move to Augusta and try to beg, borrow and steal your way in. Lol

> Make that your life goal haha.

In 1972, you could till get on the waiting list, but it was going to be 20 years or something. That was just intolerable, so I showed them my disdain by not getting on the list. ANGC has been regretful ever since.