2020 Masters tickets

I agree that will happen. Some here act like it won’t be played if it’s opposite an nfl game. Thant’s nonsense. If it’s not played that won’t be the reason.

Mavrik 10.5 * KBS TD Category 5 

Mavrik subzero 16.5 * Rogue 130 70x 

Mavrik subzero 18* Accra TZ6 85-m5

Titleist T100 4-pw modus 130x 

Vokey sm7 raw 50*54*58 v grind Amt s400

Cameron GSS 009  1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights , head speed shaft. 

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Being rejected, a tradition unlike any other.

> @"Big A HG" said: > > @swoosh21 said: > > > @"Big A HG" said: > > > My inbox is eerily silent at the moment. No rejection, no confirmation. I'm hoping that they start

My girlfriend and I have been applying for the last 6 years. She got 2 practice rounds tickets for Monday. Going to Augusta ⛳️

• 2 weeks later...

Ticket FAQs have been posted on the official site, dated last FRI 3/27. Basically, hold onto your tickets, they will be used (not reissued) if rescheduled in 2020. If cancelled then 2020 ticket purchasers will be able to buy 2021 tickets for the same day of week: https://www.masters.com/en_US/news/articles/2020-03-27/frequently_asked_questions_about_postponement.html

Also, PGA insiders saying a new tentative schedule is to be released "soon" with the Masters now penciled in for the week of November 9th. So I've also booked hotel rooms for SUN 11/8 at the Wyndham on Washington: https://golfweek.usatoday.com/2020/04/02/new-tour-schedule-aims-to-play-masters-in-november-ryder-cup-2020/

Most hotels in the Augusta/Aiken area are already sold out. What's left seems to be ridiculous price gouging already, the worst being a Residence Inn at over $1,400/night. There is a Candlewood Suites in north Augusta that have a few rooms left at $99/night during the early part of the week. I didn't check past Tuesday since I don't need that. I booked 4 rooms there for Monday and Tuesday. Those needing a room should work fast!

TaylorMade M3 440cc 9.5* driver, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6S
TaylorMade M4 15* (small), Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S
TaylorMade SLDR 2I Hybrid, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8S
Ben Hogan Icon 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff
Scratch Golf 50* GW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff
Scratch Golf 54* SW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff
Scratch Golf 58* LW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff
Byron Morgan custom Epic Day putter

Based on the Golfweek/USAToday article.

TaylorMade M3 440cc 9.5* driver, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6S
TaylorMade M4 15* (small), Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S
TaylorMade SLDR 2I Hybrid, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8S
Ben Hogan Icon 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff
Scratch Golf 50* GW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff
Scratch Golf 54* SW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff
Scratch Golf 58* LW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff
Byron Morgan custom Epic Day putter

If you’re only going for one day why not book a room and drive ? There’s a nice Marriott in spartanburg SC which is 10 minutes from the interstate and 30 min tops from GSP international airport. I’d guess around hour and 50 min drive depending on traffic to Augusta. Just a thought. Also probably 15 or more cheaper motels around the same area. Won’t be full from masters goers trust me.

I live 1 hour and 50 minutes away in Atlanta and I'm tired of that drive first thing in the morning. Stayed at friend's lake house at Lake Oconee last year, left at 5:30am and we still weren't thru the gates until 9am; traffic was the worst I've ever seen. I'm staying right in Augusta next time to go thru the gates at 8am to watch Tiger first thing MON morning.

True. Columbia has lots of hotel options. But also 100x ( literally ) the traffic. But I suppose if you chose something on the outskirts traffic would be mitigated.

but I was thinking for the folks flying in. Fly into GSP and it’s a straight shot through spartanburg and as you said interstate the whole way. Very close to same distance as atlanta . There isn’t enough money on earth that would make me fly into Atlanta and drive down vs GSP. You can deplane , and be on the interstate at GSP in minutes if you have a car already booked. With no traffic to worry about going south bound. I’d be scared of how long that might take in ATL with the traffic.

anyway. Just a thought if someone can’t find a room. Also consider town of newberry , or of there’s a way to do it a search of motels on I 26. There’s options literally on every exit from spartanburg to Columbia. All of which has to be better than $1k a night .

Yes, we stayed on the Augusta side of Columbia. I guess that’s the east side. Drive was a breeze. Not sure how airline connections are to Columbia vs GSP but probably pretty similar. Newberry is a nice little town but if you’re flying you’ve got to fly into Columbia anyway and still have an hour drive to Augusta. Agree on Atlanta, but it does have the advantage of direct flights from a lot of places. Only makes sense if you arrive the day before and drive to one of the towns we’re talking about to spend the night.

No need to go all the way down I-20 to Washington Rd. We used to get off at the Wheeler Rd exit and go in the back way. Used to be a parking lot out by #5, but that was a few years ago.

Taylormade 2016 M2 10.5* - Blue Tensei CK 70X
Taylormade SLDR Mini 14* - Fujikura Motore Speeder 77X
Callaway Apex UT 18° - Project X 6.5
Callaway Tour Authentic X-Prototype 3-PW - Project X 6.5
Vokey SM7 Raw 52.08F
Vokey V-Grind 58.1
Taylor Made Spider Mini

That's the way we went; past a McDonald's, thru a bunch of neighborhoods, by Berkmans Place, then into the main parking lot. Relatively new entrance with another gift shop that puts you out new 5 green, or walk down the stairs to 16 tee, it's like Disney World now. Heck, at 7:30am Washington Rd (exit 199) was closed, you either got off at Wheeler (exit 195 I think?) or went on to exit 201 maybe? Buddy went that way and it was even worse, basically took you all the way to downtown Augusta and then back to the course on Washington from the southeast.

Getting to Augusta National for the Masters. Hope it happens. Traveling there - a real first world problem!

Ok, sorry, I was there for rounds three and four in 1981 (Tom Watson), and we stayed at my brother's father-in-law's place in Aiken. Lucky. He was an Episcopal rector. My memory, besides watching Watson hit driver, driver on 8 to the green, was the rector getting up at 5 AM to dictate/write his sermon for the day.

Great memories.

Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse

I have practice round tickets (tuesday) I just booked a room, just a couple of miles away ( augusta-west) for 90 bucks per night including tax for Monday and Tuesday night. This is for the November 9-15 masters week. My reservation is 100% refundable.

I'm feeling good about this. My previous reservation was about 1.5 hours away and 150 bucks.

That would require that this pandemic be under control to the extent that this is OK ...

B1HXQZNLDX6F.jpgI sure hope so - but I have serious doubts about that. Parts of the country will be 'back in flu season' by then.

dave

ps. I have no medical expertise/etc with which to back this up - it is just my opinion (more like 'best guess' in reality)

From the email they sent out - it does not sound like postponing to 2021 is an option if you cant go in November. You can go in November or get your money back - going next year doesnt seem like an option.

SIM Max 12* - Ventus Black Velocore 6x / SIM 15* 3W - Diamana 75s 
SIM 2i UDI Diamana Thump / 5i Steelfiber 95s
P790 6,7i / P770 8i-GW Steelfiber 95s
Vokey SM8 Raw 54* / 58* / 62*
PXG Blackjack 35" / TM TP5 Pix