2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

2020 Masters tickets

John K.

> @Socrates said:

> > @lopey986 said:

> > > @pmadden86 said:

> > > Names on tickets, ID at the gate, it's really that simple.

> >

> > Yep. And only allow resale through masters.com and only at face value. When you resell the ticket it transfers to the buyer and their name goes on the ticket. Done and done.

>

> That doesn't work. Most residents in the Augusta area share their tickets with family or friends. My friends share their 2 tickets with up to 8 people during the course of the week.

All you’d have to do is have a “ green “ ticket for a certain zip code. And have those ticket holders provide a list of family before hand so their ID could be checked at the gate. Just an ounce of planning and that is an easy fix.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Is anybody else finding it funny that people here are trying to tell the folks in the green jackets at ANGC how to run their tournament?

Remember, they were able to broadcast without any sponsors one year. I think they've got this figured out.

Ping G430 LST 10.5* : Ventus Red TR 7S

Titleist TSR2 4W : Tensei 1K Black 85-S

Mizuno CLK 19*: Ventus Blue HB-8S

Srixon ZX Utility #4: Nippon Modus3 125-S

Wilson Staff CB 5-PW : Nippon Modus3 125-S

Cleveland Zipcore 50, 54, 58: Nippon Modus3 125-S 

Piretti Potenza 370g : Breakthrough Technology Stability Shaft - 34"

> @jvincent said:

> Is anybody else finding it funny that people here are trying to tell the folks in the green jackets at ANGC how to run their tournament?

>

> Remember, they were able to broadcast without any sponsors one year. I think they've got this figured out.

"People here" are not people there, or anywhere else for that matter. They are "people here."

You're only going to find "people here", here.

I love being one of the many "people here."

I like "people here."

I want people from there visiting here to say, "yeah, that's Ferg, he's among the people here."

> @Ferguson said:

> > @jvincent said:

> > Is anybody else finding it funny that people here are trying to tell the folks in the green jackets at ANGC how to run their tournament?

> >

> > Remember, they were able to broadcast without any sponsors one year. I think they've got this figured out.

>

>

> "People here" are not people there, or anywhere else for that matter. They are "people here."

> You're only going to find "people here", here.

>

>

> I love being one of the many "people here."

> I like "people here."

> I want people from there visiting here to say, "yeah, that's Ferg, he's among the people here."

>

Thou waxeth most eloquently.

Ping G430 LST 10.5* : Ventus Red TR 7S

Titleist TSR2 4W : Tensei 1K Black 85-S

Mizuno CLK 19*: Ventus Blue HB-8S

Srixon ZX Utility #4: Nippon Modus3 125-S

Wilson Staff CB 5-PW : Nippon Modus3 125-S

Cleveland Zipcore 50, 54, 58: Nippon Modus3 125-S 

Piretti Potenza 370g : Breakthrough Technology Stability Shaft - 34"

> @jvincent said:

> > @Ferguson said:

> > > @jvincent said:

> > > Is anybody else finding it funny that people here are trying to tell the folks in the green jackets at ANGC how to run their tournament?

> > >

> > > Remember, they were able to broadcast without any sponsors one year. I think they've got this figured out.

> >

> >

> > "People here" are not people there, or anywhere else for that matter. They are "people here."

> > You're only going to find "people here", here.

> >

> >

> > I love being one of the many "people here."

> > I like "people here."

> > I want people from there visiting here to say, "yeah, that's Ferg, he's among the people here."

> >

>

> Thou waxeth most eloquently.

>

merci

> @bladehunter said:

> > @pmadden86 said:

> > Names on tickets, ID at the gate, it's really that simple.

>

> Bingo. Exactly. Not nearly as many would enter the lottery of that were the practice. And then I might get to go. I know of a couple guys here who’ve been picked more than once. And each time sold their tickets here. Irritates me to no end that the site helps them flip the tickets.

You're under the impression Augusta National actually cares about the secondary market

> @exit47 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @pmadden86 said:

> >

> > Bingo. Exactly. Not nearly as many would enter the lottery of that were the practice. And then I might get to go. I know of a couple guys here who’ve been picked more than once. And each time sold their tickets here. Irritates me to no end that the site helps them flip the tickets.

>

> You're under the impression Augusta National actually cares about the secondary market

I'd say they do care just a bit otherwise they wouldn't have the existing controls ---- One application per address, only your primary address, can't use a secondary address or other family members address, requires addresses and residency validation and association with personal ID (last four of your SSN, name etc). When ANI smells fish they don't hesitate to get the FBI involved as one Texas family recently found out. So yeah I think they do care about the secondary market more than just a bit.

• Like 1

> @exit47 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @pmadden86 said:

> >

> > Bingo. Exactly. Not nearly as many would enter the lottery of that were the practice. And then I might get to go. I know of a couple guys here who’ve been picked more than once. And each time sold their tickets here. Irritates me to no end that the site helps them flip the tickets.

>

> You're under the impression Augusta National actually cares about the secondary market

The club's public responses/statements/actual actions suggest that it does care.

• Like 1

> @exit47 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @pmadden86 said:

> >

>

Sure they do. They recently prostituted a guy ( or was it prosecuted ?) for a scam involving tickets.

• Like 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @exit47 said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @pmadden86 said:

> > > > Names on tickets, ID at the gate, it's really that simple.

> > >

> > > Bingo. Exactly. Not nearly as many would enter the lottery of that were the practice. And then I might get to go. I know of a couple guys here who’ve been picked more than once. And each time sold their tickets here. Irritates me to no end that the site helps them flip the tickets.

> >

> > You're under the impression Augusta National actually cares about the secondary market

>

> Sure they do. They recently prostituted a guy ( or was it prosecuted ?) for a scam involving tickets.

It was not a scam as much as it was a scheme.

> @Ferguson said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @exit47 said:

> > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > @pmadden86 said:

> > > > > Names on tickets, ID at the gate, it's really that simple.

> > > >

> > > > Bingo. Exactly. Not nearly as many would enter the lottery of that were the practice. And then I might get to go. I know of a couple guys here who’ve been picked more than once. And each time sold their tickets here. Irritates me to no end that the site helps them flip the tickets.

> > >

> > > You're under the impression Augusta National actually cares about the secondary market

> >

> > Sure they do. They recently prostituted a guy ( or was it prosecuted ?) for a scam involving tickets.

>

> It was not a scam as much as it was a scheme.

Very true. I certainly do not want to be the guy piling on false accusations.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @Hawkeye77 said:

> > @exit47 said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @pmadden86 said:

> > > > Names on tickets, ID at the gate, it's really that simple.

> > >

> > > Bingo. Exactly. Not nearly as many would enter the lottery of that were the practice. And then I might get to go. I know of a couple guys here who’ve been picked more than once. And each time sold their tickets here. Irritates me to no end that the site helps them flip the tickets.

> >

> > You're under the impression Augusta National actually cares about the secondary market

>

> The club's public responses/statements/actual actions suggest that it does care.

statements are one thing, actions are completely another. I do not care what anyone says about a problem and how upset they may or may not be about it. What do they "do" about it. In this case Augusta national has "done" nothing.

sticks and stones...

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @QuigleyDU said:

> > @Hawkeye77 said:

> > > @exit47 said:

> > > >

> > > > Bingo. Exactly. Not nearly as many would enter the lottery of that were the practice. And then I might get to go. I know of a couple guys here who’ve been picked more than once. And each time sold their tickets here. Irritates me to no end that the site helps them flip the tickets.

> > >

> > > You're under the impression Augusta National actually cares about the secondary market

> >

> > The club's public responses/statements/actual actions suggest that it does care.

>

> statements are one thing, actions are completely another. I do not care what anyone says about a problem and how upset they may or may not be about it. What do they "do" about it. In this case Augusta national has "done" nothing.

>

> sticks and stones...

Perhaps you should read this

https://golfweek.com/2019/04/23/golf-masters-ticket-scheme-fraud/

I'm sure you must be familiar with the person and address validation process that ANI uses for the Lottery. To say that ANI has done nothing is disingenuous.

> @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > @Hawkeye77 said:

> > > > @exit47 said:

> > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > @pmadden86 said:

> > > > > > Names on tickets, ID at the gate, it's really that simple.

> > > > >

> > > > > Bingo. Exactly. Not nearly as many would enter the lottery of that were the practice. And then I might get to go. I know of a couple guys here who’ve been picked more than once. And each time sold their tickets here. Irritates me to no end that the site helps them flip the tickets.

> > > >

> > > > You're under the impression Augusta National actually cares about the secondary market

> > >

> > > The club's public responses/statements/actual actions suggest that it does care.

> >

> > statements are one thing, actions are completely another. I do not care what anyone says about a problem and how upset they may or may not be about it. What do they "do" about it. In this case Augusta national has "done" nothing.

> >

> > sticks and stones...

>

> Perhaps you should read this

> https://golfweek.com/2019/04/23/golf-masters-ticket-scheme-fraud/

>

> I'm sure you must be familiar with the person and address validation process that ANI uses for the Lottery. To say that ANI has done nothing is disingenuous.

This is a different situation than what I think most are talking about. This was a scam to get more tickets by setting up dozens if not more fake accounts. Augusta national is doing nothing to stop scalping or the secondary market as a whole. This was fraud, there is a bit of a difference.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @QuigleyDU said:

> > @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > @Hawkeye77 said:

> > > > > @exit47 said:

> > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > @pmadden86 said:

> > > > > > > Names on tickets, ID at the gate, it's really that simple.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Bingo. Exactly. Not nearly as many would enter the lottery of that were the practice. And then I might get to go. I know of a couple guys here who’ve been picked more than once. And each time sold their tickets here. Irritates me to no end that the site helps them flip the tickets.

> > > > >

> > > > > You're under the impression Augusta National actually cares about the secondary market

> > > >

> > > > The club's public responses/statements/actual actions suggest that it does care.

> > >

> > > statements are one thing, actions are completely another. I do not care what anyone says about a problem and how upset they may or may not be about it. What do they "do" about it. In this case Augusta national has "done" nothing.

> > >

> > > sticks and stones...

> >

> > Perhaps you should read this

> > https://golfweek.com/2019/04/23/golf-masters-ticket-scheme-fraud/

> >

> > I'm sure you must be familiar with the person and address validation process that ANI uses for the Lottery. To say that ANI has done nothing is disingenuous.

>

> This is a different situation than what I think most are talking about. This was a scam to get more tickets by setting up dozens if not more fake accounts. Augusta national is doing nothing to stop scalping or the secondary market as a whole. This was fraud, there is a bit of a difference.

ANI doesn't currently have the ability to completely shut down the secondary market, however they've put measures to help curb the access to tickets flowing into the secondary market. I hazard a guess that they've done more than just about anyone. You've got to acknowledge that. Also when they catch people who've submitted duplicate applications they get bounced. As for the Texas family sure that was fraud but ANI could have turned a blind eye but they didn't. Again to say they've done nothing (your words) is not true.

> > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > > @Hawkeye77 said:

> > > > > > @exit47 said:

> > > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > > @pmadden86 said:

> > > > > > > > Names on tickets, ID at the gate, it's really that simple.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Bingo. Exactly. Not nearly as many would enter the lottery of that were the practice. And then I might get to go. I know of a couple guys here who’ve been picked more than once. And each time sold their tickets here. Irritates me to no end that the site helps them flip the tickets.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You're under the impression Augusta National actually cares about the secondary market

> > > > >

> > > > > The club's public responses/statements/actual actions suggest that it does care.

> > > >

> > > > statements are one thing, actions are completely another. I do not care what anyone says about a problem and how upset they may or may not be about it. What do they "do" about it. In this case Augusta national has "done" nothing.

> > > >

> > > > sticks and stones...

> > >

> > > Perhaps you should read this

> > > https://golfweek.com/2019/04/23/golf-masters-ticket-scheme-fraud/

> > >

> > > I'm sure you must be familiar with the person and address validation process that ANI uses for the Lottery. To say that ANI has done nothing is disingenuous.

> >

> > This is a different situation than what I think most are talking about. This was a scam to get more tickets by setting up dozens if not more fake accounts. Augusta national is doing nothing to stop scalping or the secondary market as a whole. This was fraud, there is a bit of a difference.

>

> ANI doesn't currently have the ability to completely shut down the secondary market, however they've put measures to help curb the access to tickets flowing into the secondary market. I hazard a guess that they've done more than just about anyone. You've got to acknowledge that. Also when they catch people who've submitted duplicate applications they get bounced. As for the Texas family sure that was fraud but ANI could have turned a blind eye but they didn't. Again to say they've done nothing (your words) is not true.

fair enough. I was just putting this TX guy in a different box and looking at it as a separate issues. if you lump them together, then yes. They have done something, once.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @QuigleyDU said:

> > @Hawkeye77 said:

> > > @exit47 said:

> > > >

> > >

> >

> > The club's public responses/statements/actual actions suggest that it does care.

>

> statements are one thing, actions are completely another. I do not care what anyone says about a problem and how upset they may or may not be about it. What do they "do" about it. In this case Augusta national has "done" nothing.

>

> sticks and stones...

Major crackdown last year, re-entry policy changes this year - actually done quite a bit and the suggestion they've "done nothing" is just complete BS - read up a little before spouting.

• Like 1

> @Ferguson said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @exit47 said:

> > > >

> > >

> >

> > Sure they do. They recently prostituted a guy ( or was it prosecuted ?) for a scam involving tickets.

>

> It was not a scam as much as it was a scheme.

It was a schame.

• Like 1

> @Hawkeye77 said:

> > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > @Hawkeye77 said:

> > > > @exit47 said:

> > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > @pmadden86 said:

> > > > > > Names on tickets, ID at the gate, it's really that simple.

> > > > >

> > > > > Bingo. Exactly. Not nearly as many would enter the lottery of that were the practice. And then I might get to go. I know of a couple guys here who’ve been picked more than once. And each time sold their tickets here. Irritates me to no end that the site helps them flip the tickets.

> > > >

> > > > You're under the impression Augusta National actually cares about the secondary market

> > >

> > > The club's public responses/statements/actual actions suggest that it does care.

> >

> > statements are one thing, actions are completely another. I do not care what anyone says about a problem and how upset they may or may not be about it. What do they "do" about it. In this case Augusta national has "done" nothing.

> >

> > sticks and stones...

>

> Major crackdown last year, re-entry policy changes this year - actually done quite a bit and the suggestion they've "done nothing" is just complete BS - read up a little before spouting.

I still think we are talking about different issues. Re-entry? Come one man. That’s not the same as talking about someone buying tickets and then selling the for 10 times face value.

It was last year that ticket prices reached an all time high around 10 G’s a ticket.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @Ferguson said:

> > @jvincent said:

> > Is anybody else finding it funny that people here are trying to tell the folks in the green jackets at ANGC how to run their tournament?

> >

> > Remember, they were able to broadcast without any sponsors one year. I think they've got this figured out.

>

>

> "People here" are not people there, or anywhere else for that matter. They are "people here."

> You're only going to find "people here", here.

>

>

> I love being one of the many "people here."

> I like "people here."

> I want people from there visiting here to say, "yeah, that's Ferg, he's among the people here."

>

Of all the people here you are one of them.

> @QuigleyDU said:

> > @Hawkeye77 said:

> > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > @Hawkeye77 said:

> > > > > @exit47 said:

> > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > @pmadden86 said:

> > > > > > > Names on tickets, ID at the gate, it's really that simple.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Bingo. Exactly. Not nearly as many would enter the lottery of that were the practice. And then I might get to go. I know of a couple guys here who’ve been picked more than once. And each time sold their tickets here. Irritates me to no end that the site helps them flip the tickets.

> > > > >

> > > > > You're under the impression Augusta National actually cares about the secondary market

> > > >

> > > > The club's public responses/statements/actual actions suggest that it does care.

> > >

> > > statements are one thing, actions are completely another. I do not care what anyone says about a problem and how upset they may or may not be about it. What do they "do" about it. In this case Augusta national has "done" nothing.

> > >

> > > sticks and stones...

> >

> > Major crackdown last year, re-entry policy changes this year - actually done quite a bit and the suggestion they've "done nothing" is just complete BS - read up a little before spouting.

>

> I still think we are talking about different issues. Re-entry? Come one man. That’s not the same as talking about someone buying tickets and then selling the for 10 times face value.

>

> It was last year that ticket prices reached an all time high around 10 G’s a ticket.

No we aren't - you said they are nothing at all, do a little research about 2018 and the time between the 2017 and 2018 tournaments - pretty widely reported and again, not nothing. More going on in the background, again reported this year than just re-entry policy, which as you know, isn't all I was referring to.

But in the end, what difference does it make if they do nothing? It's their event.

As for the reselling prices, I don't know why people get all wound up about it - just because the scalped tickets are out of someone's particular price range, because, really, that's the only reason they are complaining. You get tickets through the draw you get to go and at the most reasonable price for a ticket you could possibly hope for. You don't, then tough darts. Bought a couple scalped tickets for me and my daughter three years ago for a practice round - happy to pay the price, nowhere new 10X. Was offered more than 10X cash for our Wednesday tickets. I'm sure with Tiger in the mix, tickets were at a premium last spring but tickets being resold is only a complaint if you don't want to pay "x" vs. "y" for a scalped ticket - overall a better system they have and way more opportunity for people without inherited badges than even 20 years ago.

> @Hawkeye77 said:

> > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > @Hawkeye77 said:

> > > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Bingo. Exactly. Not nearly as many would enter the lottery of that were the practice. And then I might get to go. I know of a couple guys here who’ve been picked more than once. And each time sold their tickets here. Irritates me to no end that the site helps them flip the tickets.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You're under the impression Augusta National actually cares about the secondary market

> > > > >

> > > > > The club's public responses/statements/actual actions suggest that it does care.

> > > >

> > > > statements are one thing, actions are completely another. I do not care what anyone says about a problem and how upset they may or may not be about it. What do they "do" about it. In this case Augusta national has "done" nothing.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Major crackdown last year, re-entry policy changes this year - actually done quite a bit and the suggestion they've "done nothing" is just complete BS - read up a little before spouting.

> >

> > I still think we are talking about different issues. Re-entry? Come one man. That’s not the same as talking about someone buying tickets and then selling the for 10 times face value.

> >

> > It was last year that ticket prices reached an all time high around 10 G’s a ticket.

>

> No we aren't - you said they are nothing at all, do a little research about 2018 and the time between the 2017 and 2018 tournaments - pretty widely reported and again, not nothing. More going on in the background, again reported this year than just re-entry policy, which as you know, isn't all I was referring to.

>

> But in the end, what difference does it make if they do nothing? It's their event.

>

> As for the reselling prices, I don't know why people get all wound up about it - just because the scalped tickets are out of someone's particular price range, because, really, that's the only reason they are complaining. You get tickets through the draw you get to go and at the most reasonable price for a ticket you could possibly hope for. You don't, then tough darts. Bought a couple scalped tickets for me and my daughter three years ago for a practice round - happy to pay the price, nowhere new 10X. Was offered more than 10X cash for our Wednesday tickets. I'm sure with Tiger in the mix, tickets were at a premium last spring but tickets being resold is only a complaint if you don't want to pay "x" vs. "y" for a scalped ticket - overall a better system they have and way more opportunity for people without inherited badges than even 20 years ago.

>

For me the complaint is that more than half that enter the lottery do so to sell. It’s clear when tickets are sent out , we are flooded here with idiots selling them. And the mods protect their sales as if it’s some sacred act. Yet they don’t allow Nike shoe “ dumps” etc ... I truly see those two as the same. Masters ticket sales maybe being worse since it wasn’t a found deal flipped , it’s a purposeful entry of a drawing with no intention of going.

Why does this gripe me ? Because it greatly depletes my chances of ever being picked.

If the secondary market was killled completely, with ID REQUIRED for all tickets then the lottery would see a huge drop in entrants. Why ? Most don’t want to or can’t go. Sure. This would impede your ability to pay to go. But. It would balance out for those of us who refuse to pay $3500-5k plus to go ( need 3 tickets) ... along side this measure is also add a flag that would keep you from being chosen two years in a row , and suspend you a year or two if you receive tickets and don’t use them.

Won’t happen. But it would work. Those are my gripes. I only want to go once. I am certain I won’t like viewing it live. Just want to see the grounds and then I’d be done. But on principle alone I won’t pay the extortion fee to do it. There’s something about knowing that some a****** profited that much off cheating the system than I just can’t stomach.

And hawk. That’s not me saying you’re opinion is wrong. That’s me explaining my opinion. I get your angle too. I do. It cuts deep for me because I live so close. You wouldn’t believe the people around here who get free tickets. I’ve even had people tell me “ well I had 4 tickets we didn’t use Saturday , wish I’d have known you wanted to go “. It’s thrown around as of nothing around here. Yet I’ve not been. Feels like it’s not meant to be. So I’ll either get picked or I won’t.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> It cuts deep for me because I live so close. You wouldn’t believe the people around here who get free tickets. I’ve even had people tell me “ well I had 4 tickets we didn’t use Saturday , wish I’d have known you wanted to go “. It’s thrown around as of nothing around here. Yet I’ve not been. Feels like it’s not meant to be. So I’ll either get picked or I won’t.

Two pages back you were claiming that ANGC purposefully avoids putting tickets in the hands of those in your vicinity:

"__I’m absolutely convinced they don’t pick people who live close to AN.__"

Are they tourists or friends of the club or something?

> @QuigleyDU said:

> > @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > > > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > > > @Hawkeye77 said:

> > > > > > > @exit47 said:

> > > > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > > > @pmadden86 said:

> > > > > > > > > Names on tickets, ID at the gate, it's really that simple.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Bingo. Exactly. Not nearly as many would enter the lottery of that were the practice. And then I might get to go. I know of a couple guys here who’ve been picked more than once. And each time sold their tickets here. Irritates me to no end that the site helps them flip the tickets.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > You're under the impression Augusta National actually cares about the secondary market

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The club's public responses/statements/actual actions suggest that it does care.

> > > > >

> > > > > statements are one thing, actions are completely another. I do not care what anyone says about a problem and how upset they may or may not be about it. What do they "do" about it. In this case Augusta national has "done" nothing.

> > > > >

> > > > > sticks and stones...

> > > >

> > > > Perhaps you should read this

> > > > https://golfweek.com/2019/04/23/golf-masters-ticket-scheme-fraud/

> > > >

> > > > I'm sure you must be familiar with the person and address validation process that ANI uses for the Lottery. To say that ANI has done nothing is disingenuous.

> > >

> > > This is a different situation than what I think most are talking about. This was a scam to get more tickets by setting up dozens if not more fake accounts. Augusta national is doing nothing to stop scalping or the secondary market as a whole. This was fraud, there is a bit of a difference.

> >

> > ANI doesn't currently have the ability to completely shut down the secondary market, however they've put measures to help curb the access to tickets flowing into the secondary market. I hazard a guess that they've done more than just about anyone. You've got to acknowledge that. Also when they catch people who've submitted duplicate applications they get bounced. As for the Texas family sure that was fraud but ANI could have turned a blind eye but they didn't. Again to say they've done nothing (your words) is not true.

>

> fair enough. I was just putting this TX guy in a different box and looking at it as a separate issues. if you lump them together, then yes. They have done something, once.

They've done more than something once. Why are you ignoring the ID and address validation requirements?

> @Hawkeye77 said:

> > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > @Hawkeye77 said:

> > > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Major crackdown last year, re-entry policy changes this year - actually done quite a bit and the suggestion they've "done nothing" is just complete BS - read up a little before spouting.

> >

> > I still think we are talking about different issues. Re-entry? Come one man. That’s not the same as talking about someone buying tickets and then selling the for 10 times face value.

> >

> > It was last year that ticket prices reached an all time high around 10 G’s a ticket.

>

> No we aren't - you said they are nothing at all, do a little research about 2018 and the time between the 2017 and 2018 tournaments - pretty widely reported and again, not nothing. More going on in the background, again reported this year than just re-entry policy, which as you know, isn't all I was referring to.

>

> But in the end, what difference does it make if they do nothing? It's their event.

>

> As for the reselling prices, I don't know why people get all wound up about it - just because the scalped tickets are out of someone's particular price range, because, really, that's the only reason they are complaining. You get tickets through the draw you get to go and at the most reasonable price for a ticket you could possibly hope for. You don't, then tough darts. Bought a couple scalped tickets for me and my daughter three years ago for a practice round - happy to pay the price, nowhere new 10X. Was offered more than 10X cash for our Wednesday tickets. I'm sure with Tiger in the mix, tickets were at a premium last spring but tickets being resold is only a complaint if you don't want to pay "x" vs. "y" for a scalped ticket - overall a better system they have and way more opportunity for people without inherited badges than even 20 years ago.

>

I am not wound up about it. In fact just the opposite. I have said if I win the lottery there is a good chance I will sell the tickets. I am simply trying to say that if Augusta has an issue with it, They could make it go away easily and immediately. That has not happened. I am speaking about one specific issue.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

> > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > > @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > > > > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > > > > @Hawkeye77 said:

> > > > > > > > @exit47 said:

> > > > > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > > > > @pmadden86 said:

> > > > > > > > > > Names on tickets, ID at the gate, it's really that simple.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Bingo. Exactly. Not nearly as many would enter the lottery of that were the practice. And then I might get to go. I know of a couple guys here who’ve been picked more than once. And each time sold their tickets here. Irritates me to no end that the site helps them flip the tickets.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > You're under the impression Augusta National actually cares about the secondary market

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > The club's public responses/statements/actual actions suggest that it does care.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > statements are one thing, actions are completely another. I do not care what anyone says about a problem and how upset they may or may not be about it. What do they "do" about it. In this case Augusta national has "done" nothing.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > sticks and stones...

> > > > >

> > > > > Perhaps you should read this

> > > > > https://golfweek.com/2019/04/23/golf-masters-ticket-scheme-fraud/

> > > > >

> > > > > I'm sure you must be familiar with the person and address validation process that ANI uses for the Lottery. To say that ANI has done nothing is disingenuous.

> > > >

> > > > This is a different situation than what I think most are talking about. This was a scam to get more tickets by setting up dozens if not more fake accounts. Augusta national is doing nothing to stop scalping or the secondary market as a whole. This was fraud, there is a bit of a difference.

> > >

> > > ANI doesn't currently have the ability to completely shut down the secondary market, however they've put measures to help curb the access to tickets flowing into the secondary market. I hazard a guess that they've done more than just about anyone. You've got to acknowledge that. Also when they catch people who've submitted duplicate applications they get bounced. As for the Texas family sure that was fraud but ANI could have turned a blind eye but they didn't. Again to say they've done nothing (your words) is not true.

> >

> > fair enough. I was just putting this TX guy in a different box and looking at it as a separate issues. if you lump them together, then yes. They have done something, once.

>

> They've done more than something once. Why are you ignoring the ID and address validation requirements?

What are talking about?? I have been and I am only speaking about what some feel is wrong in the secondary market. Nothing else. Requiring an address at purchase does not change that.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @"Terry Gold" said:

> > @bladehunter said:

>

> > It cuts deep for me because I live so close. You wouldn’t believe the people around here who get free tickets. I’ve even had people tell me “ well I had 4 tickets we didn’t use Saturday , wish I’d have known you wanted to go “. It’s thrown around as of nothing around here. Yet I’ve not been. Feels like it’s not meant to be. So I’ll either get picked or I won’t.

>

> Two pages back you were claiming that ANGC purposefully avoids putting tickets in the hands of those in your vicinity:

> "__I’m absolutely convinced they don’t pick people who live close to AN.__"

>

> Are they tourists or friends of the club or something?

>

>

>

>

>

>

Through the lottery.

The people I’m speaking of are either long time ticket holders , or business connections. Example BMW manufacturing plant is here ( spartanburg sc) largest outside Germany. I have a customer who is the paint shop head. He’s a golfer and ends up with 2 Sunday ticket every year. Free. He and his wife go. Every year. I know several others with similar connections. I’m not the type to go begging for them. But the SC GA area is loaded with people who get tickets.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock