2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Bridgestone Tour B X

GolfChannel

> @LeoLeo99 said:

> Very timely thread. It's so hard to compare golf balls. Sometimes all balls feel and play the same for me and sometimes they are so different. Usually, I just chalk that up to my own inconsistencies. People raved about the Project (A) and Duo non-urethane. I don't like either one. XV is supposed to be for faster swings than mine but I like the XV. Been playing some older Tour Preferred I bought off eBay. But found a BX last week and played two rounds with it. Wow. It's great. But I don't understand what makes it great.

Who cares why as long as it works!

I’ve been testing both the X and XS, and for me, the XS edged out the X. I Loved the X off the driver. It went dead straight, but for me felt a bit heavy (SS 105 for reference). I’m attributing that feel to reduced spin or higher compression, but the results were still there so spin couldn’t have been too low. On the irons is where I didn’t prefer the X. Definitely not enough spin for me. The XS was the perfect mix of straight off the driver - not as straight as the X but negligible difference - perfect amount of spin off the irons and around the green. Interestingly, I couldn’t feel any huge difference off the putter. I’ve played the Pro V 1x for the past 15 years and both of these balls fit my game/swing better. Wish I would’ve found them sooner. My $0.02 for what it’s worth.

Maiden round with the Tour BX and was 1 yard away from my first 300 yard drive in 6 years. They are ridiculously good golf balls off every club and really making me ponder whether I keep the V1x’s in the bag once I am done with my current dozen. I love a low flighted wedge into the green and these were one hop and sit. Felt great off the putter. Marshmallow goodness on centered drives with a “firm” (they felt soft to me) golf ball.

Typical amazing drive is 270, enjoy these beauties...

gwcyi03ys4ol.png

o26pgjqiw0aq.png

mgzi4eise2hp.png

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

> @"A.G. Pennypacker " said:

> I'm a big fan of these. Played the Nike tour black before this, and the BX is very similar, but better.. The other ball I play is 2018 TP5X, and I prefer the BX for sure.

No wonder you like NIke and BX as B'stone supplied NIke balls. Some of Nike staff went to B'stone and work with TW.

• Like 1

> @flushem said:

> > @"A.G. Pennypacker " said:

> > I'm a big fan of these. Played the Nike tour black before this, and the BX is very similar, but better.. The other ball I play is 2018 TP5X, and I prefer the BX for sure.

>

> No wonder you like NIke and BX as B'stone supplied NIke balls. Some of Nike staff went to B'stone and work with TW.

I thought Bridgestone only supplies Nike balls at the start then Nike went to making their own?

• Titleist TSR3 9* Ventus Black 6X
  • Taylormade Sim2 15* Tensei White 80TX
  • TM Stealth 2 Iron or Ping i59 3 iron Project X 7.0
  • Artisan MB 4-9 Project X 7.0
  • Artisan 46*, 50* Project X 6.5
  • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
  • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217

> @scott_Donald said:

> > @flushem said:

> > > @"A.G. Pennypacker " said:

> > > I'm a big fan of these. Played the Nike tour black before this, and the BX is very similar, but better.. The other ball I play is 2018 TP5X, and I prefer the BX for sure.

> >

> > No wonder you like NIke and BX as B'stone supplied NIke balls. Some of Nike staff went to B'stone and work with TW.

>

> I thought Bridgestone only supplies Nike balls at the start then Nike went to making their own?

That's what they said, but no one really believed it.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

i love this ball -- more i play with it the more i get comfortable with the characteristics of it -- its fantastic off the putter, straight as can be off the driver and consistent distances with irons. superb product from bridgestone.

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Dark Speed LS / 3w (dialed to 15.5*) / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

> @tbowles411 said:

> > @scott_Donald said:

> > > @flushem said:

> > > > @"A.G. Pennypacker " said:

> > > > I'm a big fan of these. Played the Nike tour black before this, and the BX is very similar, but better.. The other ball I play is 2018 TP5X, and I prefer the BX for sure.

> > >

> > > No wonder you like NIke and BX as B'stone supplied NIke balls. Some of Nike staff went to B'stone and work with TW.

> >

> > I thought Bridgestone only supplies Nike balls at the start then Nike went to making their own?

> That's what they said, but no one really believed it.

>

the source was pretty creditable industry professional. No wonder TW "smoothly" moved from Nike to B'stone ball.

• Like 2

> @kcd38 said:

> After playing the BXS for a year, the only thing that I wish the Tour B X had was the feel around the greens. To me, having the flight characteristics of the Tour B X with my driver and irons and the feel/control of the BXS with my wedges and putter is a true unicorn ball.

Feel is so subjective, the Tour BX feels soft and very responsive even for someone like me who is hardly a big hitter. That said, I have pretty good feel in my hands.

Has anyone noticed any difference between the X and the XS in the wind?

I like both, but have not played them together on a windy day.

Callaway Epic Speed M10 Smoke
Taylor Made SIM 3W Titanium Diamana Limited
Taylor Made SIM 5W Titanium Diamana Limited
Taylor Made GAPR HI KBS 4,5,
HONMA TW747P 6-11 Vizard 85g
Cleveland 56* Smoke RTX Zipcore DG Spinner
Lajosi 808 Damascus, Callaway S2H2 Tuttle
Seed 01, Maxfli Tour

> @Quasimoto said:

> Has anyone noticed any difference between the X and the XS in the wind?

> I like both, but have not played them together on a windy day.

In my experience, they are both good in the wind. The X for me has less spin off my driver, making it less likely to baloon up in the wind. The XS is still great at cutting through the wind, but if you have a lot of spin with your drives the ball may react differently.

> @Quasimoto said:

> Has anyone noticed any difference between the X and the XS in the wind?

> I like both, but have not played them together on a windy day.

I experienced 45mph to zero wind in Scotland the month I was there in May and I used Pro V1 X and Tour BX and to me the Bridgestone was slightly better, felt a heavier ball, biggest difference was in a side wind.

• Titleist TSR3 9* Ventus Black 6X
  • Taylormade Sim2 15* Tensei White 80TX
  • TM Stealth 2 Iron or Ping i59 3 iron Project X 7.0
  • Artisan MB 4-9 Project X 7.0
  • Artisan 46*, 50* Project X 6.5
  • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
  • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217

> @GolfChannel said:

> Maiden round with the Tour BX and was 1 yard away from my first 300 yard drive in 6 years. They are ridiculously good golf balls off every club and really making me ponder whether I keep the V1x’s in the bag once I am done with my current dozen. I love a low flighted wedge into the green and these were one hop and sit. Felt great off the putter. Marshmallow goodness on centered drives with a “firm” (they felt soft to me) golf ball.

>

> Typical amazing drive is 270, enjoy these beauties...

>

> gwcyi03ys4ol.png

> o26pgjqiw0aq.png

> mgzi4eise2hp.png

>

Nice! I love that you have the tracker going. I swear this ball is very LONG off the driver no doubt about it.

• Like 1

Taylormade M6, 9.0* head set -1.5*, Nippon Regio B+ shaft, 65 stiff at 45.5"
Cobra FLY Z+ 3 wood, orange, aldila tour blue stiff, 14.5*
Sub 70 939x, 3H(18*), Proforce V2 85 stiff
Sub 70 939x, 4H(21*), Proforce V2 85 stiff
Sub 70 699 Pros, 5-AW, Modus 120 stiff
PING glide 2.0, 54*

Taylormade MG3, 58* HB 
Scotty Select Newport, 73* lie, 1* loft, 34" (Testing Taylormade Bandon 1)
Bridgestone Tour BX (Alternate ball VICE PRO)

> @monkeyboy said:

> Just tested the Tour BX and Tour BXS. Came from Chrome Soft, then Snell Red last year.

> Started with the BX, thought it was excellent all around, no outstanding weakness. Wedge and short iron approach shots had consistent rollout, maybe hit and roll 6"-1'. My first time playing them I was amazed at how straight my shots were (holding their line).

>

> Then I tried the BXS to compare. Really hard for me to choose a winner. Similar characteristics. Seemed to have a bit more spin into greens on short and mid irons. Both felt firm/soft - not clicky, not marshmallow.

>

> Unfortunately, I then tried the Snell MTB-X and enjoyed the characteristics of that ball even more than the Bridgestones. MTB-X was longer, more spin into greens. Putting, while feeling a bit more clicky...I find myself getting the ball to the hole more consistently.

> Honestly, I would be happy with any of these balls.

I found the BX to spin consistently higher than the MTB-X on approach shots. Interesting. Both great choices!

• Like 1

Titleist TSi3 9* B2T2 Tensei AV Raw White / Cobra SZ Tour 3W Tensei AV Blue 15* / Cobra F6 Baffler Matrix Red Tie 18.5* / Maltby KE4 TC 22* / Maltby TS1 IM 5-GW Nippon Modus 120x / Taylormade Hi-Toe 54*/60* / Cobra Supernova

> @DFinch said:

> > @monkeyboy said:

> > Just tested the Tour BX and Tour BXS. Came from Chrome Soft, then Snell Red last year.

> > Started with the BX, thought it was excellent all around, no outstanding weakness. Wedge and short iron approach shots had consistent rollout, maybe hit and roll 6"-1'. My first time playing them I was amazed at how straight my shots were (holding their line).

> >

> > Then I tried the BXS to compare. Really hard for me to choose a winner. Similar characteristics. Seemed to have a bit more spin into greens on short and mid irons. Both felt firm/soft - not clicky, not marshmallow.

> >

> > Unfortunately, I then tried the Snell MTB-X and enjoyed the characteristics of that ball even more than the Bridgestones. MTB-X was longer, more spin into greens. Putting, while feeling a bit more clicky...I find myself getting the ball to the hole more consistently.

> > Honestly, I would be happy with any of these balls.

>

> I found the BX to spin consistently higher than the MTB-X on approach shots. Interesting. Both great choices!

>

It felt like cheating compared to my V1x which spins more than enough, but the ability to hold a firm green with a low flighted spinner adds a different element to my game. My miss is a pick and usually that means a runner, but the BX was checking up beautifully.

> @flushem said:

> I wanna test BX but no yellow option. How does BX compare to Snell MTB Black? I guess MTB B is softer and flies bit higher but other characteristics would be the same.

I was wondering about this. There *was* a yellow option; I bought 2 dozen. Why they are no more is a mystery.

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.

> @matchavez said:

> > @flushem said:

> > I wanna test BX but no yellow option. How does BX compare to Snell MTB Black? I guess MTB B is softer and flies bit higher but other characteristics would be the same.

> I was wondering about this. There *was* a yellow option; I bought 2 dozen. Why they are no more is a mystery.

>

I see them available in Japan. only $90/dozen

I spent a lot of time looking at the ball test on that other web site. I narrowed it down to a couple balls, and finally gave the nod to the ProV1x due to its overall performance, particularly accuracy and consistency. I played it for a few rounds, but gelt like it was nothing special. My second ball overall was the BX (followed by the TP5x). I decided to put the BX into play in the middle of my last round, and it just smoked the ProV1x. Admittedly, I have always felt that while the ProVs are outstanding balls, they have never really done it for me. This was just another example of that. For me, the BX is a really really good ball.

• Like 1

Shot my 2 best rounds with the Tour B X... Including my round today. I like it! I found a dozen for $35, but now the shop has them back at $45, which makes me sad... I am probably going to try the Snell again, just to see if I can get similar performance for less cash... the other side of that is when I play well, I don't lose balls... so it's less of a concern.

• Like 1

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

Played nine holes with the Bx today for the first time. I liked the ball and felt it performed well until the third hole. Had a 90 yard lob wedge to the green. While the ball performed well, the cover was chewed up by the grooves of my 2 year old lob wedge. Beyond that, it is one of the longest balls, but doesn't spin as well as the Pro V1x around the green, and seemed very similar to the Z star XV. Given the durability issue, I will either choose the Pro V1x or the XV for the summer. I am presently leaning to the ProV1x, but I always seem to come back to the XV.

a lob wedge chewed up the ball??? lol Do you have razors on that face? on the contrary, the BX I played last week after 9 holes looked brand new. Hit one off a cart path too. > @klbcec said:

> Played nine holes with the Bx today for the first time. I liked the ball and felt it performed well until the third hole. Had a 90 yard lob wedge to the green. While the ball performed well, the cover was chewed up by the grooves of my 2 year old lob wedge. Beyond that, it is one of the longest balls, but doesn't spin as well as the Pro V1x around the green, and seemed very similar to the Z star XV. Given the durability issue, I will either choose the Pro V1x or the XV for the summer. I am presently leaning to the ProV1x, but I always seem to come back to the XV.

>

>

After reading the MGS test and doing the Bridgestone test thing on their website, I ordered some BX and some BXS. Took them both out, with the intention of playing one for 6 holes, the other for 6 holes and then my preferred ball for the final 6 holes. I used the BX for the first 6, then the BXS on 7 and 8 and switched back to the BX. I love this ball. Per my gps, I think it's going roughly 15 yards further than my Pro V1s were. My old ranges were about 250 up to 280 into or downwind. Now it's more like 265 up to 295. Biggest issue has been I've run through some fairways into trouble I didn't think I could reach. It's now my gamer ball. I just wish I hadn't just done the 4 for the price of 3 Titleist promotion.

Ping G400 LST 9° Diamana white 63x
Ping G410 LST 3 wood Diamana Thump x
Srixon ZX Utility 19 UST Recoil 95x

Srixon ZX7 4-AW C-taper S+

Vokey SM9 54F and 58C

Odyssey Eleven Tour-Lined Slant

So about B X Yellows... I contacted Bridgestone, and the Yellow B X is made in Japan, not Georgia. It turns out that they annually import a limited amount back to the US, and when they're out, they're out for the year. I'm somewhat surprised that they're not made in their Georgia facility, but it explains why they have what they have. Keep an eye out for Australian and other Asian outlets for these. Had I known they'd be limited, I'd have purchased 12 dozen, not 2.

• Like 1

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.