2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Bridgestone Tour B X

GolfChannel

> @tsecor said:

> a lob wedge chewed up the ball??? lol Do you have razors on that face? on the contrary, the BX I played last week after 9 holes looked brand new. Hit one off a cart path too. > @klbcec said:

> > Played nine holes with the Bx today for the first time. I liked the ball and felt it performed well until the third hole. Had a 90 yard lob wedge to the green. While the ball performed well, the cover was chewed up by the grooves of my 2 year old lob wedge. Beyond that, it is one of the longest balls, but doesn't spin as well as the Pro V1x around the green, and seemed very similar to the Z star XV. Given the durability issue, I will either choose the Pro V1x or the XV for the summer. I am presently leaning to the ProV1x, but I always seem to come back to the XV.

> >

> >

>

>

Nope, was a two year old MD4. Happened on the 3rd hole. Had an 90 yd 58* wedge. Really turned me off to the ball. Congrats if it works for you.

> @elwhippy said:

> Great ball for hard hitters. My 93-96mph swing doesn't compress this enough to get the benefits.

To be fair, Bridgestone says so in their marketing as well. They recommend a B RX for that speed.

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.

I played my normal gamer, the AVX, alongside the Bridgestone B-RX yesterday. Small sample size but I feel that since I have had some lessons and reduced my driver spin the BRX is longer off the tee for me. It feels great around the greens too. I think I'm making the switch. Aesthetically, my minimalistic personal taste prefers the simple B logo too. My handicap is trending to a 12 and driver swing speed is mid to upper 90s. Should I consider the BX or BXS?

• Like 1

> @"Lomo Saltado" said:

> I played my normal gamer, the AVX, alongside the Bridgestone B-RX yesterday. Small sample size but I feel that since I have had some lessons and reduced my driver spin the BRX is longer off the tee for me. It feels great around the greens too. I think I'm making the switch. Aesthetically, my minimalistic personal taste prefers the simple B logo too. My handicap is trending to a 12 and driver swing speed is mid to upper 90s. Should I consider the BX or BXS?

Probably better sticking with the B-RX

I like a good amount of iron spin. I'm playing off very lush (and often wet) parkland and it's easy for shots to climb a couple of grooves and give you a flier. I've been testing the Tour B XS with putter and chipping and really love the feel. I love a soft ball but I found the Chrome Soft inconsistent and short. My normal ball is Pro V1x. I'm around 105 with driver and 90 with 6i. Driver is around 275. Have you all found the XS to spin more than ProV1x off irons? I'd like a softer more spinny ball preferably.

• Like 1

> @balls_deep said:

> I like a good amount of iron spin. I'm playing off very lush (and often wet) parkland and it's easy for shots to climb a couple of grooves and give you a flier. I've been testing the Tour B XS with putter and chipping and really love the feel. I love a soft ball but I found the Chrome Soft inconsistent and short. My normal ball is Pro V1x. I'm around 105 with driver and 90 with 6i. Driver is around 275. Have you all found the XS to spin more than ProV1x off irons? I'd like a softer more spinny ball preferably.

I an a V1x user and have personally got on with the BX, it’s just better all around.

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

> @balls_deep said:

> I like a good amount of iron spin. I'm playing off very lush (and often wet) parkland and it's easy for shots to climb a couple of grooves and give you a flier. I've been testing the Tour B XS with putter and chipping and really love the feel. I love a soft ball but I found the Chrome Soft inconsistent and short. My normal ball is Pro V1x. I'm around 105 with driver and 90 with 6i. Driver is around 275. Have you all found the XS to spin more than ProV1x off irons? I'd like a softer more spinny ball preferably.

I can tell you after using the Tour B XS for a while, i definitely get plenty of spin of iron shots. I don't know if it is more spin than with a V1x, but I have never had an issue with the ball rolling too far away from its pitch mark. And it definitely has a softer feel than the V1x.

> @tleader said:

> > @"Lomo Saltado" said:

> > I played my normal gamer, the AVX, alongside the Bridgestone B-RX yesterday. Small sample size but I feel that since I have had some lessons and reduced my driver spin the BRX is longer off the tee for me. It feels great around the greens too. I think I'm making the switch. Aesthetically, my minimalistic personal taste prefers the simple B logo too. My handicap is trending to a 12 and driver swing speed is mid to upper 90s. Should I consider the BX or BXS?

>

> Probably better sticking with the B-RX

I've tried the B X a couple times on a few holes and some shots feel pretty good; others not so good. Whereas with the RX, they all feel great. Probably don't have a fast enough swing speed for the B X. I'm sticking with the RX or Vice Pro (they feel the same to me) for now.

> @kcd38 said:

> > @balls_deep said:

> > I like a good amount of iron spin. I'm playing off very lush (and often wet) parkland and it's easy for shots to climb a couple of grooves and give you a flier. I've been testing the Tour B XS with putter and chipping and really love the feel. I love a soft ball but I found the Chrome Soft inconsistent and short. My normal ball is Pro V1x. I'm around 105 with driver and 90 with 6i. Driver is around 275. Have you all found the XS to spin more than ProV1x off irons? I'd like a softer more spinny ball preferably.

>

> I can tell you after using the Tour B XS for a while, i definitely get plenty of spin of iron shots. I don't know if it is more spin than with a V1x, but I have never had an issue with the ball rolling too far away from its pitch mark. And it definitely has a softer feel than the V1x.

I tried a few of an old model.. maybe B330S? Backed a few up with 5 and 6i.. I like a softer ball but Chrome Soft is just too inconsistent. I just ordered a box and I'll see how they go and report back. Have been playing ProV1x exclusively for quite a while. Really loving the XS off the putter and chipping at home.

Tried out the BX in PHX this wknd. Been an XV player the last 4-5 years, however I feel like the new XV is just missing something. Almost like its not as "hot" as the previous models. Gave the BX a go and really like the lower driver and iron flight. Might give the BXS a go to see if I can keep that flight but with some more feel and action from 100 and in.

9* Titleist TSi3 AD-DI 7X
14.5* Cobra Radspeed D+ 80x
4-48* Titleist T150 w/Project X LZ 6.0
51* Srixon Z785 

56*/60* Taylormade MG2 TW Grind w/ S400 
Odyssey Jailbird Cruiser
Titleist Pro V1x

I’ve played both the BX and the AVX quite a bit this spring trying to decide which works better for me. I’ve always loved the Bridgestones and I’ve been using BX/b330 for at least 10 years, but I haven’t really been happy with it the last couple years. Compared to the AVX, I hit both pretty much the same off the driver with the BX maybe a launching a touch lower. Off the irons I hit the AVX about 1/2 club longer. Both spin just fine for me. I’ve read some people saying AVX doesn’t spin enough in approach shots but in my experience they spin just fine. My home course greens are pretty firm and AVX off my 5i is generally within 3 or 4ft of it’s pitch mark. Same for BX. The decider for me was around the green. I find I putt the AVX better and control it better around the green than the BX, which has reflected in my scoring. AVX feels a lot softer to me which I think gives me more confidence around the green, but as everyone here knows, feel is very subjective.

I’ve committed to the AVX this year, but understand I don’t think BX is a bad ball. It’s a great ball and one of the best out there. For me, BX outperformed ProV1 in every aspect.

Thanks for reading.

SF

> @matchavez said:

> > @elwhippy said:

> > Great ball for hard hitters. My 93-96mph swing doesn't compress this enough to get the benefits.

> To be fair, Bridgestone says so in their marketing as well. They recommend a B RX for that speed.

>

This has pretty much been debunked. A slower swing speed player doesn't lose anything using a higher compression ball. You don't need to compress the ball to see benefits. The inverse is not true. A higher swing speed player can compress a softer ball to it's limits and lose ball speed. So you swinging 93-96 will have the same ball speed from the BX and the B RX, but the guy swinging 120 will have more ball speed with the BX.

The big difference is spin. A firmer ball will almost always generate more spin (there are ways around this, but in general this is true). Moving from the BX to the B RX you're probably going to lose 500-700 RPM of spin off your irons and wedges. You probably won't notice any difference off the driver. Given that slow swing speed players are also usually low spin players, it probably doesn't make sense to give them a ball that takes away spin. If the BX feels too hard to play, I'd probably recommend the B XS. It's going to feel pretty similar to the B RX (the compression is almost the same). You'll see a touch more driver spin, and A LOT more iron spin. Which does mean your irons will go a little shorter. But most of us probably should change 4-5 yards of distance for 700 RPM of spin.

The marketing of the R balls by Bridgestone is really weird. The B RX really only suits a player swinging slightly above average and lower, who also needs to drop spin. So if you are playing traditionally lofted irons, swing down a lot, and don't deloft very much at impact, the ball might be really good for you. If the B RX and B RXS were cheaper than the B X and B XS, I could kind of see the point of using them. The same way that the Q Star Tour, Wilson Duo Pro, and Project(a) make sense. But when all four balls are the same price, almost everyone should be playing the B X or B XS.

• Like 1

> @arbeck said:

> > @matchavez said:

> > > @elwhippy said:

> > > Great ball for hard hitters. My 93-96mph swing doesn't compress this enough to get the benefits.

> > To be fair, Bridgestone says so in their marketing as well. They recommend a B RX for that speed.

> >

>

> This has pretty much been debunked. A slower swing speed player doesn't lose anything using a higher compression ball. You don't need to compress the ball to see benefits. The inverse is not true. A higher swing speed player can compress a softer ball to it's limits and lose ball speed. So you swinging 93-96 will have the same ball speed from the BX and the B RX, but the guy swinging 120 will have more ball speed with the BX.

>

> The big difference is spin. A firmer ball will almost always generate more spin (there are ways around this, but in general this is true). Moving from the BX to the B RX you're probably going to lose 500-700 RPM of spin off your irons and wedges. You probably won't notice any difference off the driver. Given that slow swing speed players are also usually low spin players, it probably doesn't make sense to give them a ball that takes away spin. If the BX feels too hard to play, I'd probably recommend the B XS. It's going to feel pretty similar to the B RX (the compression is almost the same). You'll see a touch more driver spin, and A LOT more iron spin. Which does mean your irons will go a little shorter. But most of us probably should change 4-5 yards of distance for 700 RPM of spin.

>

> The marketing of the R balls by Bridgestone is really weird. The B RX really only suits a player swinging slightly above average and lower, who also needs to drop spin. So if you are playing traditionally lofted irons, swing down a lot, and don't deloft very much at impact, the ball might be really good for you. If the B RX and B RXS were cheaper than the B X and B XS, I could kind of see the point of using them. The same way that the Q Star Tour, Wilson Duo Pro, and Project(a) make sense. But when all four balls are the same price, almost everyone should be playing the B X or B XS.

My only Bridgestone experience is many years old now but supports what you're saying. I played a *lot* with the 2014 B330 (and a little with 2014 B330S) and they worked great for me. I'm a 90mph driver swinger who suffers from lack of both height, distance and spin on iron shots.

I gave a brief trying to one of the Bridgestone's supposedly low clubhead speed balls (think it was called RXS or RSX?) and it definitely lacked stopping power. Much more prone to bouncing forward on a mid-iron shot to a firm green than the B330.

Being someone totally insensitive to sound and "feel" it was a no-brainer choice. I stocked up on the B330 and played them continuously for more than a year. I'd imagine the compression was very high on the B330 but it sure worked for my puny swing speed.

• Like 1

> @arbeck said:

> > @matchavez said:

> > > @elwhippy said:

> > > Great ball for hard hitters. My 93-96mph swing doesn't compress this enough to get the benefits.

> > To be fair, Bridgestone says so in their marketing as well. They recommend a B RX for that speed.

> >

>

> This has pretty much been debunked. A slower swing speed player doesn't lose anything using a higher compression ball. You don't need to compress the ball to see benefits. The inverse is not true. A higher swing speed player can compress a softer ball to it's limits and lose ball speed. So you swinging 93-96 will have the same ball speed from the BX and the B RX, but the guy swinging 120 will have more ball speed with the BX.

>

> The big difference is spin. A firmer ball will almost always generate more spin (there are ways around this, but in general this is true). Moving from the BX to the B RX you're probably going to lose 500-700 RPM of spin off your irons and wedges. You probably won't notice any difference off the driver. Given that slow swing speed players are also usually low spin players, it probably doesn't make sense to give them a ball that takes away spin. If the BX feels too hard to play, I'd probably recommend the B XS. It's going to feel pretty similar to the B RX (the compression is almost the same). You'll see a touch more driver spin, and A LOT more iron spin. Which does mean your irons will go a little shorter. But most of us probably should change 4-5 yards of distance for 700 RPM of spin.

>

> The marketing of the R balls by Bridgestone is really weird. The B RX really only suits a player swinging slightly above average and lower, who also needs to drop spin. So if you are playing traditionally lofted irons, swing down a lot, and don't deloft very much at impact, the ball might be really good for you. If the B RX and B RXS were cheaper than the B X and B XS, I could kind of see the point of using them. The same way that the Q Star Tour, Wilson Duo Pro, and Project(a) make sense. But when all four balls are the same price, almost everyone should be playing the B X or B XS.

Well, make sure that you tell Bridgestone that they are themselves full of s***, and they don't know what their own product does. Whatever you "debunked", fine by me. The guy said he didn't like the way his 95mph swing worked with a BX. If you know "compression" isn't beneficial, why are you slagging the guy for using it as if he is making this stuff up?

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.

He's repeating stuff that was in a golf-ball ad. Not the same as "making stuff up" but it still is incorrect.

Note that Bridgestone make no specific claims that can be refuted or confirmed objectively. It's all very vague as to exactly what is supposed to be better about matching compression to swing speed. The only objective stuff they've ever done is launch monitor testing with drivers in their ball fitting and that's usually just a few shots.

I just bought a dozen of these and played them in my league match tonight. Annd I have a new golf ball! I've been waffling between the Z-Star XV and MTB-X and this beats them both..the MTB-X is a close second.

The BX is just as long as the other two, but gave me the reliable performance I wanted out of partial wedges. They were stopping properly tonight and short shots around the green suited my style much better. No issues off the putter either, anything that's not insanely firm is good by me.

• Like 1

TSR2 8*, Ventus TR Red 7x

TSi2 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR2 18°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

MP-20 MMC  5-P, DG X100
SM8 50F, 54S, 58M (X7 "spinners")
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

Im a big fan of both the b x and b xs. the online fitting suggests I use the b x and have had very good rounds with it, but for spin performance ive been playing the b xs more lately. I feel like my drivers are longer and more consistent with the b x, but the b xs does shine more in the short game for me..... I played pro v 1x for years and recently played the tp5x the past 2 years. all were great balls but something about these bridgestone balls I absolutely love. im not sure if its placebo (maybe im making more consistent contact) but both balls do seem to stay online longer and more accurate than the other brands

TM Qi10 9* ... KBS TD Serape 60x

TM Stealth 2+ 4w ... KBS TD Rainbow 70x

TM Stealth 2+ 6w*... KBS TD Rainbow 80x

Titleist 5h 23* C1 ... KBS Proto 105 S+

Mizuno Pro 243 5 - P ... KBS TGI 110

TM MG4 50 S, 56 LB, 60 TW... KBS $-Taper 130x

Greyson x Bettinardi SS3 and QB6

TaylorMade TP5x

> @JoeFrigo said:

> Im a big fan of both the b x and b xs. the online fitting suggests I use the b x and have had very good rounds with it, but for spin performance ive been playing the b xs more lately. I feel like my drivers are longer and more consistent with the b x, but the b xs does shine more in the short game for me..... I played pro v 1x for years and recently played the tp5x the past 2 years. all were great balls but something about these bridgestone balls I absolutely love. im not sure if its placebo (maybe im making more consistent contact) but both balls do seem to stay online longer and more accurate than the other brands

I have found the exact same results. Was a Pro V1 guy forever, still a good choice for me, but the Tour B/B XS have definitely been straighter and more consistent in distances for me. I currently favor the B XS for the short game control but the B X has given me some of the longest drives ive ever hit.

• Like 1

> @kcd38 said:

> > @JoeFrigo said:

> > Im a big fan of both the b x and b xs. the online fitting suggests I use the b x and have had very good rounds with it, but for spin performance ive been playing the b xs more lately. I feel like my drivers are longer and more consistent with the b x, but the b xs does shine more in the short game for me..... I played pro v 1x for years and recently played the tp5x the past 2 years. all were great balls but something about these bridgestone balls I absolutely love. im not sure if its placebo (maybe im making more consistent contact) but both balls do seem to stay online longer and more accurate than the other brands

>

> I have found the exact same results. Was a Pro V1 guy forever, still a good choice for me, but the Tour B/B XS have definitely been straighter and more consistent in distances for me. I currently favor the B XS for the short game control but the B X has given me some of the longest drives ive ever hit.

Exactly! I cant say any of the premium balls are bad, but Bridgestone for me stands out right now. The B X is a bomber off the tee for me too, and surprised how well it is on the greens too. It wasn't until I hit in simulators and an outdoor trackman session when I realized my TP5x was so much more low spin than on every club.

Fades and draws seem to be much more controlled with both Bridgestones

• Like 1

TM Qi10 9* ... KBS TD Serape 60x

TM Stealth 2+ 4w ... KBS TD Rainbow 70x

TM Stealth 2+ 6w*... KBS TD Rainbow 80x

Titleist 5h 23* C1 ... KBS Proto 105 S+

Mizuno Pro 243 5 - P ... KBS TGI 110

TM MG4 50 S, 56 LB, 60 TW... KBS $-Taper 130x

Greyson x Bettinardi SS3 and QB6

TaylorMade TP5x

I was playing on Saturday, going up 16 with a strong left to right wind just picking up. Bearing in mind I was playing B XS (not B X as OP posted) I aimed left for the wind to bring the ball back to the middle. It performed so well that I just kept going straight, and into the trees. Managed to chip out and lip out with my pitch making par, but I couldn't believe how straight it flew. Very impressed/befuddled.

I changed to B XS at the start of the season. I can't put it all down to the ball but in my last 2 tourneys I have won and finished 5th out of 189 and 149 respectively. I'm hitting it longer and straighter no doubt.

• Like 1

This ball flat out performs for me... wish it was still $35 a dozen (what I got my first dozen for)... I’m going back to snell for cost savings, but I love the b x.

• Like 1

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

> @Myherobobhope said:

> This ball flat out performs for me... wish it was still $35 a dozen (what I got my first dozen for)... I’m going back to snell for cost savings, but I love the b x.

MTB X is legit. Better than Tour B X, imo.

• Like 1

9* Titleist TSi3 AD-DI 7X
14.5* Cobra Radspeed D+ 80x
4-48* Titleist T150 w/Project X LZ 6.0
51* Srixon Z785 

56*/60* Taylormade MG2 TW Grind w/ S400 
Odyssey Jailbird Cruiser
Titleist Pro V1x

> @MMB1500 said:

> How do users find the B X in terms of accuracy, particularly off the driver? I currently use the Z-Star but find them wild on bad swings (way too much side spin).

I was almost shocked at how straight I hit this ball with the driver. The ones that do go wild are on swings that are so bad to begin with I already know what to expect, but reasonably good strikes don't move much off the start line and that goes for the driver and 3 wood off the tee in my experience.

• Like 1
Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron AD DI 95x
Ping Anser Forged Project X 6.0
Ping Glide 50*SS, 54*SS, 58*SS Project X 6.0
Odyssey Versa 2-Ball