2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

You vs Koepka in a handicapped match

Tyeetime

> @dan360 said:

> He can keep all 14 clubs. Match play. Stroke play is for wussies.

>

> I get gimmies inside 8 feet. I get to break one of his fingers--OF MY CHOOSING--per side, and as a compromise his gf can walk with us wearing something OF MY CHOOSING while heckling me about being fat.

>

> Pretty sure it'll come down to me losing 7&5 or something but it will be a round neither of us will ever forget.

let us know when this happens. I'll be in the gallery.

• Like 1

FORE RIGHT!!!!

I doubt it. You don’t think Brooks could shoot under par with just irons? Unless you are a +5 handicap my money is on BK.

> @Zengolfer36 said:

> If he couldnt use his woods, hybrids and putter, Id beat him.

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

> @dlygrisse said:

> I doubt it. You don’t think Brooks could shoot under par with just irons? Unless you are a +5 handicap my money is on BK.

>

> > @Zengolfer36 said:

> > If he couldnt use his woods, hybrids and putter, Id beat him.

>

>

Im actually sure he could probably outdrive me even with just his irons. I do think not having his putter would mess him up though. You ever tried putting with a wedge or iron? Unless its a tap in, good luck.

IMO, much of BK's game is that he drives the ball a mile. Take away the clubs that help him do that and I think hed be gettable.

When i worked at The Ocean Course on Kiawah, we had 2 caddies who were scratch players play $100 match: 1 played the tips with his full set, the other played from the womens tee with a 7i. The 7i won by a mile. Brooks would whoop 99% of us or more with 1 club. He hit a GW 180yds at bethpage....The only way im beating him is if he has a putter and maybe a sand wedge.

Callaway

> @Zengolfer36 said:

> > @dlygrisse said:

> > I doubt it. You don’t think Brooks could shoot under par with just irons? Unless you are a +5 handicap my money is on BK.

> >

> > > @Zengolfer36 said:

> > > If he couldnt use his woods, hybrids and putter, Id beat him.

> >

> >

>

> Im actually sure he could probably outdrive me even with just his irons. I do think not having his putter would mess him up though. You ever tried putting with a wedge or iron? Unless its a tap in, good luck.

> IMO, much of BK's game is that he drives the ball a mile. Take away the clubs that help him do that and I think hed be gettable.

Its happened on tour plenty of times where a player has broken his putter and finished the round putting with an iron. They are way better than you think putting with any club. Seen players play under par putting with a 5i.

Callaway

> @Zengolfer36 said:

> > @dlygrisse said:

> > I doubt it. You don’t think Brooks could shoot under par with just irons? Unless you are a +5 handicap my money is on BK.

> >

> > > @Zengolfer36 said:

> >

> >

>

> Im actually sure he could probably outdrive me even with just his irons. I do think not having his putter would mess him up though. You ever tried putting with a wedge or iron? Unless its a tap in, good luck.

> IMO, much of BK's game is that he drives the ball a mile. Take away the clubs that help him do that and I think hed be gettable.

> @Zengolfer36 said:

> > @dlygrisse said:

> >

> > > @Zengolfer36 said:

> >

> >

>

What’s your handicap? You think you could give up distance to the best player in the world right now and still beat him? If he’s outdriving you with his irons, you have no chance of beating him. If you could beat him under those circumstances you’d be a household name.

Ping G400 LST 9° Diamana white 63x
Ping G410 LST 3 wood Diamana Thump x
Srixon ZX Utility 19 UST Recoil 95x

Srixon ZX7 4-AW C-taper S+

Vokey SM9 54F and 58C

Odyssey Eleven Tour-Lined Slant

> @taporsnap17 said:

> He'd beat me just armed with a hand wedge

Hand wedge should only be used when others are not watching

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Having given this serious thought, I know believe I can beat him straight up, full set of clubs vs full set of clubs from the tips. Yep, I'm a double digit handicap, my average drive is 240, and I won't stay at a Holiday Inn Express. The caveat is Mrs. Pelz's mother is his caddie and rooms with him the night before. After about 2 holes of of whining, bitching and complaining about everything from what he's wearing to his demeanor, how he passed gas while she was trying to sleep, how much the bag weighs, everything that's wrong with his girlfriend, how he doesn't have a career that is going anywhere, he will be overwhelmed and politely but quickly concede the match just to get away from her.

I mean have you guys seen Sadlowski smash putter 200 plus yards? I think he'd shoot under 80 on a course without carry penalties (ravines, lakes). Otherwise I think putter only is my best bet. He can probably take a 60 degree and shoot bogey golf on a long course. If he even has so much as a 9 iron, I think he can make it around in a couple strokes over par.

Callaway Paradym TD 10* Ventus Red TR 5S

Titleist TSR3 13.5* 3 Wood Tour AD-IZ 6S

Titleist TSR3 19* hybrid Modus GOST S

Titleist TSR2 24* hybrid Modus GOST S

Callaway Paradym Hybrid 27* Ventus non Velocore S

Titleist T100 2023 6-PW KBS Tour V S

Titleist SM8 50, 56, 60

Scotty Cameron X7.5 CS

> @Zengolfer36 said:

> > @dlygrisse said:

> >

> > > @Zengolfer36 said:

> >

> >

>

Putting with a wedge isn’t that difficult especially at the PGA Tour level.

But what can he do with a taped up Dr. Pepper bottle?

Driver #1: Callaway Epic Max LS, 9°

Driver #2: Adams Speedline F11, 9.5°

Fairway: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, 18°

Utility Iron: Titleist 718 AP3, 19°

Irons: Titleist 718 AP1, 5-GW, 24°-48°
UW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 52°F

LW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 60°D
Putter: Cameron Studio Style Newport 2.5, 33"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B RX
Bag: Sun Mountain Metro Sunday Bag

I’ll play devils advocate.

Isn’t this guy human ? Pees poops etc ? 1000s of players on earth that could beat him anywhere on any given day.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

As a legit 3, could I have a chance with 18 shots from the tips at Bethpage? At 51 I can still fly it 270 fwiw. Thoughts?

Maybe he'd have to lose the driver and I get to be up 1 set of tees

• Like 1

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Blueboard HY 80x

Ping Blueprint S 5 - PW Steelfiber 95 & 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

sometime in late 70s and early 80s I commented to my friends that I thought I was the best 10 handicapper in the world because as a weekend golfer I was shooting many really low scores on my good days--ie--even or under par--and that if Jack Nicklaus gave me one stroke a hole I could probably beat him at my home course..

...probably same feeling with BK now if we could turn back the clock!!

Giga XF0710* driver/Hirohonma twin marks 355 10.5* driver
TEE XCG5 16.5* 4W, Giga XF-11 17* 4W
Daiwa New Super Lady 21* 7W
Mizuno Intage 27* 9W
Giga U3 21* hybrid
Tourstage Viq U5 25* hybrid
Adams V4 6H/7H
Adams V4 forged irons 8-PW,GW,SW,LW
HEAVY PUTTER mid-weight K4 putter
Sun Mountain H2N0 stand bag
Wilson Harmonized 55*/60*wedges
Cleveland 588 56/60

> @cardoustie said:

> As a legit 3, could I have a chance with 18 shots from the tips at Bethpage? At 51 I can still fly it 270 fwiw. Thoughts?

> Maybe he'd have to lose the driver and I get to be up 1 set of tees

OP said on "your course". So, I guess figure what you shoot from forward tees and what BK would shoot from tips/tournament tees without a driver.

Disclaimer: this isn't meant to be a brag, just a really honest post that I think is mildly interesting and should create some interesting conversation.

For a time, I held the course record at my course. 7,100 yards par 72 from the tips, I shot 64 years ago (was a +4 at the time). If I was given a month's notice to prepare for my round with Brooks, I think I could get back to the point where I could guarantee a score between 67-74 ( I would definitely take a month off work to prepare for such a round). The course record is now 62, which was shot by a guy who is now doing pretty good on the MacKenzie Tour. It is his home course FYI.

There's not a lot of trouble, and the course is way above sea-level, so Brooks would be hitting his 3 iron 260+. However, he'd be playing in Open Championship type winds on small greens that are unique. If Brooks is playing it for the first time, I'd expect 63-67 his first time out with all his clubs. With no woods, I'd expect 68-72.

All that laid out, I think I should win if Brooks started at 5 iron, and I think it would be 50/50 if he had no woods. I'm not a tour level player, but I'm also no slouch. Brooks is a phenomenal player but taking away his driver and woods takes away the biggest weapon in his arsenal and I think my wedges into greens can beat his 6 and 7 irons.

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5 HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Green 60 TX 45.9" D3

Driver 2: Taylormade Burner Mini 11.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 X D5

Fairway: PXG 0311XF Gen 5 4 Wood; Smoke iM10 Green 70 TX D6

Irons: PXG 0317X; PXG 0311T Gen 5; 5-GW DG 105 X D7

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 56 S Grind;  Cleveland RTX Full Face 64 DG 120 X E0

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Raptor 38” Wristlock Grip

> @bscinstnct said:

> > @cardoustie said:

> > As a legit 3, could I have a chance with 18 shots from the tips at Bethpage? At 51 I can still fly it 270 fwiw. Thoughts?

> > Maybe he'd have to lose the driver and I get to be up 1 set of tees

>

> OP said on "your course". So, I guess figure what you shoot from forward tees and what BK would shoot from tips/tournament tees without a driver.

Let's see

On my course from the tips it is 7,000. One up is 6,800. Crazy tight course with small greens. Local knowledge helps a lot

I think worst case I shoot 79 and 18 shots gives me a solid chance. He could shoot 62 and if I crap the bed and go over 80 it would not be pretty

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Blueboard HY 80x

Ping Blueprint S 5 - PW Steelfiber 95 & 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

> @bladehunter said:

> I’ll play devils advocate.

>

> Isn’t this guy human ? Pees poops etc ? 1000s of players on earth that could beat him anywhere on any given day.

Yeah I agree. I mean he's 100x better than me. But something like just a 60 degree wedge? Even Brooks isn't hitting every green in regulation , and even the best player in the world isn't going 100% on up and downs putting with a wedge.

If you can shoot 72-75 on a 6700 yd course I'm sure you could find a manageable game with Brooks, if he could only use 2-3 clubs.

If he got like, 3 wood ,SW and putter though I'd have no chance LoL. You'd have to take away putter and any longer club

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

> @PowderedToastMan said:

> Disclaimer: this isn't meant to be a brag, just a really honest post that I think is mildly interesting and should create some interesting conversation.

>

> For a time, I held the course record at my course. 7,100 yards par 72 from the tips, I shot 64 years ago (was a +4 at the time). If I was given a month's notice to prepare for my round with Brooks, I think I could get back to the point where I could guarantee a score between 67-74 ( I would definitely take a month off work to prepare for such a round). The course record is now 62, which was shot by a guy who is now doing pretty good on the MacKenzie Tour. It is his home course FYI.

>

> There's not a lot of trouble, and the course is way above sea-level, so Brooks would be hitting his 3 iron 260+. However, he'd be playing in Open Championship type winds on small greens that are unique. If Brooks is playing it for the first time, I'd expect 63-67 his first time out with all his clubs. With no woods, I'd expect 68-72.

>

> All that laid out, I think I should win if Brooks started at 5 iron, and I think it would be 50/50 if he had no woods. I'm not a tour level player, but I'm also no slouch. Brooks is a phenomenal player but taking away his driver and woods takes away the biggest weapon in his arsenal and I think my wedges into greens can beat his 6 and 7 irons.

That’s kind of my point. My course record is 63 shot some 12 years ago.and it’s played occasionally by 3 current pga tour players and one champ tour guy who live near me. Also included are two US am final 18 players from last year who are currently UGA guys. Etc. I’ve shot 65 in comp once.

Several here will surely say this is a brag. But he’d have to shoot a score . You don’t just walk out of the car park and get awarded a score from past records. I refuse to believe he’d just walk up and shoot 62. Again. Flesh and bones. Anything is possible.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @MtlJeff said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > I’ll play devils advocate.

> >

> > Isn’t this guy human ? Pees poops etc ? 1000s of players on earth that could beat him anywhere on any given day.

>

> Yeah I agree. I mean he's 100x better than me. But something like just a 60 degree wedge? Even Brooks isn't hitting every green in regulation , and even the best player in the world isn't going 100% on up and downs putting with a wedge.

>

> If you can shoot 72-75 on a 6700 yd course I'm sure you could find a manageable game with Brooks, if he could only use 2-3 clubs.

>

> If he got like, 3 wood ,SW and putter though I'd have no chance LoL. You'd have to take away putter and any longer club

Exactly. I’m not trying to draw comparisons either. But start handicapping him in anyway and there are hoards of guys whod take him down.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @BNGL said:

> > @Zengolfer36 said:

> > > @dlygrisse said:

> > > I doubt it. You don’t think Brooks could shoot under par with just irons? Unless you are a +5 handicap my money is on BK.

> > >

> > > > @Zengolfer36 said:

> > > > If he couldnt use his woods, hybrids and putter, Id beat him.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Im actually sure he could probably outdrive me even with just his irons. I do think not having his putter would mess him up though. You ever tried putting with a wedge or iron? Unless its a tap in, good luck.

> > IMO, much of BK's game is that he drives the ball a mile. Take away the clubs that help him do that and I think hed be gettable.

>

> Putting with a wedge isn’t that difficult especially at the PGA Tour level.

>

>

>

>

When I'm playing causally with my girlfriend or just out for a round with buddies where we aren't playing for anything, I will only bring one club to the green with me, so if I'm off the green wedge for putting it is. I can, very honestly, say that putting with a wedge really isn't that hard, at least for me. I don't know that I putt a whole lot differently with the wedge than I do my putter.