You vs Koepka in a handicapped match

Tyeetime

> @HitEmTrue said:

> > @driveandputtmachine said:

> > Handicapped match? Ummm, he'd be hard pressed to win most handicapped matches. He is probably a +8 or something, so he has to shoot 62-65 to have a handicapped 72 depending upon the course rating. A golfer with a 12 handicap can shoot 72 pretty easily as well with his handicap. As a scratch or better most of my life winning a match against that 10-18 range is normally the hardest. **At 18 they can play well enough to shoot 10 or 12 over and end up with a 64 or 66.** For Brooks to shoot 66 he has to shoot 58. Now if you get a handicap and he doesn't, then it is a completely different story.

>

> 18's who shoot 82's and 84's? I'd like to meet these guys.

>

>

>

I have seen it numerous times. I have a friend that is an 18.6. His problem is he normally plays 10-14 holes like a real golfer and has a bunch of blow-up holes. I have seen him numerous times shoot 82 and then 98 the next day. I is ALWAYS much easier for a high handicap to shoot lower than his handicap than it is for a low handicap to beat his by the same amount.

• Driver - Ping G430 Max 10k - Ventus Black 6X | Ping G430 LST 10.5 - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI TX
  • 3 Wood - Taylormade 300 Mini 13.5 - Ventus Purple X
  • 5 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X 
  • 7 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X | 4 iron - Srixon ZX4 MKII - Axiom 105X
  • 5 - PW Ping BluePrint S - Shaft testing
  • SW - Cleveland RTX6 55* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X | LW - Vokey SM9T 60* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X
  • Putters - Odyssey #7 Knuckle Neck Proto | Odyssey Jailbird Versa Microhinge - Odyssey Tank DBOdyssey Jailbird Ai-One

> @Justsomeguy said:

> > @TLUBulldogGolf said:

> > > @Justsomeguy said:

> > > If Brooks gets a 7i, 56* and a putter, there probably aren't more than 9 guys on all of golfwrx who stand a chance in any format with a full bag. It would be an epic shitshow.

> > > But I'd say the worse the course, the crappier the greens, the more even the match would get.

> >

> > Honestly I would take this bet on virtually any golf course. Even hitting 7 iron 200 he isn't reaching any par 4s longer than 400 or so.

> >

> > Regarding the original post, take his driver down through 3 iron and I think I can give him a run on my course.

>

> You get the guys, and I'm in for red rover.

> I wonder how far his stinger 7i goes.

> I got $10k kn Brooks. No offense.

Just answering the question honestly. I think a stinger 7 he might be able to get it out 220. But that's still giving him a difficult time reaching a fair amount of par 4s. Obviously he's a great player and way better than anyone here but that's a severe handicap on a course with any kind of length.

Titleist TSi3 10* TPO 1K 60-TX
Titleist 917F3 15* VA Composite Drago 75-X (Ai Smoke TD otw)
Titleist T200 3 UB Thump 90-X / TSr3 19* Ventus Black 10-TX
Mizuno MP-20 4-9 PX 6.5

Mizuno T20 47-07 PX 6.5

Mizuno T22 52-09 56-10 PX 6.5

Vokey SM9 60-04T PX Wedge 6.5
Special Select Squareback 2 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 1.0

ProV1x

So I get strokes and he's losing clubs? I have no idea. My home course is pretty short so you'd have to take out a lot before he really struggles to get around...

Someone should get this setup so we can stop debating. Anyone have his contact info??

Driver, 3W, 4W - Macgregor Custom Tourney
2-10 - 1954 Spalding Synchro Dyned
SW - Wilson Staff
Putter - Bullseye
Ball - Pro Plus

YT Channel - [url="https://www.youtube.com/PlayVintageGolf"]https://www.youtube....PlayVintageGolf[/url]

At my course, nothing but driver. He would be right around the green on three holes, can he chip with a driver? The rest he would be bunting from 50-60 yds. which would be difficult. I would expect to get beaten, but that would be my only hope. Give him two clubs, say, a 5 iron and a putter, and I'm toast. Be fun though.

> @Golfjack said:

> > @jpdx said:

> > @HitEmTrue said:

> > > > @driveandputtmachine said:

> > > > Handicapped match? Ummm, he'd be hard pressed to win most handicapped matches. He is probably a +8 or something, so he has to shoot 62-65 to have a handicapped 72 depending upon the course rating. A golfer with a 12 handicap can shoot 72 pretty easily as well with his handicap. As a scratch or better most of my life winning a match against that 10-18 range is normally the hardest. **At 18 they can play well enough to shoot 10 or 12 over and end up with a 64 or 66.** For Brooks to shoot 66 he has to shoot 58. Now if you get a handicap and he doesn't, then it is a completely different story.

> > >

> > > 18's who shoot 82's and 84's? I'd like to meet these guys.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > buddy of mine...shot a 82 and 85 recently as a 19.4. he's been a 16-20 as long as I've golfed with him.

>

> He'd better update that handicap.

he also had a 103 and 102 in the last 5 or so rounds. I was there for one of each. I know his game well...and a 19.4 is not that far fetched for him. he doesn't practice much and only plays a few times a month.

but on a the right course that round in the 80's is a net low 60's or 58/59 right? it'd be a crap shoot but it would still be possible (even if slight possibility) for him to beat BK in a handicapped match.

> @jpdx said:

> > @Golfjack said:

> > He'd better update that handicap.

> he also had a 103 and 102 in the last 5 or so rounds. I was there for one of each. I know his game well...and a 19.4 is not that far fetched for him. he doesn't practice much and only plays a few times a month.

>

> but on a the right course that round in the 80's is a net low 60's or 58/59 right? it'd be a crap shoot but it would still be possible (even if slight possibility) for him to beat BK in a handicapped match.

Of course he, or anyone else, could beat BK in a handicapped match...that is the point of the handicap system. Someone here may even claim that BK wouldn't even stand a chance (just messing with you bladehunter!).

This thread is about handicapping in a different manner: by removing clubs from BK's bag.

Being that index is calculated on best 10 out of most recent scores, if he scores in low 80's with any significant frequency, it would be difficult for his index to be 19.4. Does he apply ESC on the blowup holes?

> @HitEmTrue said:

> > @jpdx said:

> > > @Golfjack said:

> > > He'd better update that handicap.

> > he also had a 103 and 102 in the last 5 or so rounds. I was there for one of each. I know his game well...and a 19.4 is not that far fetched for him. he doesn't practice much and only plays a few times a month.

> >

> > but on a the right course that round in the 80's is a net low 60's or 58/59 right? it'd be a crap shoot but it would still be possible (even if slight possibility) for him to beat BK in a handicapped match.

>

> Of course he, or anyone else, could beat BK in a handicapped match...that is the point of the handicap system. Someone here may even claim that BK wouldn't even stand a chance (just messing with you bladehunter!).

>

> This thread is about handicapping in a different manner: by removing clubs from BK's bag.

>

> Being that index is calculated on best 10 out of most recent scores, if he scores in low 80's with any significant frequency, it would be difficult for his index to be 19.4. Does he apply ESC on the blowup holes?

>

>

If you handicap any golfer far enough, the amateur is going to win. Taking away most of his clubs and playing him in a handicap match, if he can only hit an 8 iron off the tee, even with his power, he's scrambling for pars on a lot of holes when he needs birdies (presuming he's in the +6/+7 range). If amateur can play to his handicap then, he'll be picking off holes with bogeys.

Without a handicap, I'm probably not breaking 80, on an easy course I'm pretty sure Koepka is breaking that unless you force him to have certain clubs - for example if you give him a 60 degree wedge or a putter, the limitations of equipment will mean he can only hit a certain distance. If he can choose the club, I think Koepka beats me in a one or two-club game, with a mid-iron he can close the club face and turn it into a driving iron and knock it out there 230/240. If it's relatively easy greens, he'll two-putt most holes.

> @HitEmTrue said:

> > @jpdx said:

> > > @Golfjack said:

> > > He'd better update that handicap.

> > he also had a 103 and 102 in the last 5 or so rounds. I was there for one of each. I know his game well...and a 19.4 is not that far fetched for him. he doesn't practice much and only plays a few times a month.

> >

> > but on a the right course that round in the 80's is a net low 60's or 58/59 right? it'd be a crap shoot but it would still be possible (even if slight possibility) for him to beat BK in a handicapped match.

>

> Of course he, or anyone else, could beat BK in a handicapped match...that is the point of the handicap system. Someone here may even claim that BK wouldn't even stand a chance (just messing with you bladehunter!).

>

> This thread is about handicapping in a different manner: by removing clubs from BK's bag.

>

> Being that index is calculated on best 10 out of most recent scores, if he scores in low 80's with any significant frequency, it would be difficult for his index to be 19.4. Does he apply ESC on the blowup holes?

>

>

I think the thread got derailed a tiny bit and I followed that tangent... my mistake. if it's stroke play gross and only by removing a club at a time, I wouldn't stand a chance, neither would my friend. haha!

and, tbh, I am not positive he applies esc. i'll have to ask.