The Heat Is Killing Me

Not sure if it’s just me but my tolerance for extreme heat coupled with high humidity has gotten worse as I’ve aged. I could play in anything as younger guy but now it really gets to me. It’s gonna be a steam fest in Ohio this year, it’s literally rained every day it seems. We are completely waterlogged.

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

Right now with all the cold rainy days we've had, I'd welcome some heat.

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

Callaway 2007 X-Forged 5-PW/ PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 / Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2.5+ 

Life is like riding a bicycle, to keep your balance you must keep moving

> @lawsonman said:

> Right now with all the cold rainy days we've had, I'd welcome some heat.

Come south. It was 96 yesterday ( according to my truck ) in upstate S.C. all the grass is brown and crunchy. Just fairways tee box and greens are actually green. Lol water evaporates out of our pool around 4 inches a day.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @lawsonman said:

> > Right now with all the cold rainy days we've had, I'd welcome some heat.

>

> Come south. It was 96 yesterday ( according to my truck ) in upstate S.C. all the grass is brown and crunchy. Just fairways tee box and greens are actually green. Lol water evaporates out of our pool around 4 inches a day.

I played league last night with a windbreaker on and long pants. It was cloudy and 55. At least the gnats and mosquito's have finally come out. :)

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

We walk and play all summer.

My Son is on the school golf team.

We walk mid summer when it's 100-106.

Wear a big hat. Wet towel around neck, lot's of water.

1 gatorade, then 3 waters, 1 gator, repeat.

I eat lot's of bell peppers and celery.

I weld for a living, and some of the welding, you have to turn the fan off while welding.

Also, wearing a leather coat,etc.

This is the only way I can tolerate the heat.

You might try other things.

Also, pickles and other vinegar foods helps.

Avoid alcohol. Even the night before will kill you with sweat.

Buy a clip on, battery operated fan that you can slip the the cart or push cart if walking. Other than that, lots of water, food, a wet towel and some rain gloves for the sweat.

TSR3 9 | VentusTR Blue 7x

Paradym 3W | S 83tx

Covert 5W | S 103 x

716 MB 4-P | PX 6.5

MG3 52 | S400

MG4 56 | S400

SM8 60 |S400

Phantom 5.5 

Z-star XV

> @GungHoGolf said:

> Lots of experience playing in Austin heat. I survive with lots of water plus a couple SaltStick Caps Plus per round:

> https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005OK8M2Y/

I will second the SaltStick Caps and H2O. I grew up in northern Michigan and the southern heat down here in East Texas (also used to live in NC, was just as bad) can really get to me. I started taking the SaltStick Caps several years ago, better than Gatorade for me. I will take one every couple of holes during the worst of the heat. I used to cramp up quite often near the end of the round, almost never with the SaltSticks......

WITB
Srixon ZX5 LS 9.0, HZRDUS Black 60 6.0
Ping G425 LST 3 wood, Tensei Orange

Ping G410  7 wood set at 19, Tensei Orange

Srixon ZX 4 MKii 4 iron, ZX 5 MKii 5,6 irons  ZX7 MKii  7-PW KBS TGI 90

RTX Zipcore  Tour Rack 50, 54, 60

L.A.B. Golf Mezz.1 Max 16 CB, 39 inches

Srixon-Z Star XV

I got sun burnt in a few areas I obviously didn't spray, so I am taking a break till it subsides some. The wet towel, Gatorade and the fan sound like the ticket , plus some water thrown in. Sorry about the tree hugger comment, nothing intended. When I drink a lot of liquids, at my age, I am always eyeing a tree for some relief. No poison ivy so far!!!

Bag is in overhaul mode

Clubs identify as hacker set

I live in Vegas now, play in the summer, heat doesn't really bother me... But when I was in College I had trouble with the heat and humidity my 1st year. I was already in good shape but dedicated myself to losing some weight and improving my cardio in the off season. I also would go into the steam room and spend as much time as I could doing push ups and what not. After getting my body accustomed to spend an hour plus in the sauna I was much beter able to handle the heat and humidity and would get stronger when a lot of other guys would wilt.

> @dgn said:

> > @Downtown_Brown_41 said:

> > Buy a clip on, battery operated fan that you can slip the the cart or push cart if walking. Other than that, lots of water, food, a wet towel and some rain gloves for the sweat.

>

> Do the rain gloves work well for sweaty hands? I've never tried them for that!

They work really well. Sometimes I’ll switch to them for a couple holes while my glove(s) dry out

• Like 1

TSR3 9 | VentusTR Blue 7x

Paradym 3W | S 83tx

Covert 5W | S 103 x

716 MB 4-P | PX 6.5

MG3 52 | S400

MG4 56 | S400

SM8 60 |S400

Phantom 5.5 

Z-star XV

> @Downtown_Brown_41 said:

> > @dgn said:

> > > @Downtown_Brown_41 said:

> > > Buy a clip on, battery operated fan that you can slip the the cart or push cart if walking. Other than that, lots of water, food, a wet towel and some rain gloves for the sweat.

> >

> > Do the rain gloves work well for sweaty hands? I've never tried them for that!

>

> They work really well. Sometimes I’ll switch to them for a couple holes while my glove(s) dry out

>

I've started using them when it gets really hot and steamy, my hands sweat a lot. Definitely recommend.

WITB
Srixon ZX5 LS 9.0, HZRDUS Black 60 6.0
Ping G425 LST 3 wood, Tensei Orange

Ping G410  7 wood set at 19, Tensei Orange

Srixon ZX 4 MKii 4 iron, ZX 5 MKii 5,6 irons  ZX7 MKii  7-PW KBS TGI 90

RTX Zipcore  Tour Rack 50, 54, 60

L.A.B. Golf Mezz.1 Max 16 CB, 39 inches

Srixon-Z Star XV

Never thought of using rain gloves for that. Mine got soaked yesterday from a downpour. I bought the small fan someone suggested and it is awesome. It has a wire that I hooked to the computer and it is one cool little fan. Power it off the computer or the battery supplied. Update, this little fan is staying next to the computer.

Bag is in overhaul mode

• 4 weeks later...

Today was a scorcher, I mean hot. I was sucking down a Gatorade and lots of water. I really enjoy how far the ball rolls, I need it. Shot 44 on nine and was only two off of what I wanted, and after a hot day working in the aircraft hangar, only a/c in the shops, I was exhausted, and then playing golf was tough in this heat. I went home and sucked up the a/c and lots of water, and some Ibuprofen.

Bag is in overhaul mode

> @platgof said:

> I got sun burnt in a few areas I obviously didn't spray, so I am taking a break till it subsides some. The wet towel, Gatorade and the fan sound like the ticket , plus some water thrown in. Sorry about the tree hugger comment, nothing intended. When I drink a lot of liquids, at my age, I am always eyeing a tree for some relief. No poison ivy so far!!!

I got the joke, not the very first time but on your second post, surprised more people didn't get it.

• 2 weeks later...

> @Pearson10M said:

> Humidity is the killer for me. If it is humid and above 80-85 and 60+% relative humidity, I really suffer. I drink about 750 mL of gatorade/water mix every 3 holes. The issue is that with such high humidity, you sweat, but it doesn't do evaporative cooling and leave your skin, especially if you have suntan lotion on. I bring a towel and "dry off", but but it still isn't enough sometimes. A breeze, even slight, is a godsend. When it's above 90 deg F and very humid and I have to play, I won't walk, even for 9. I have tried the ice packs on the carotid arteries, ice pack under the hat, and those bring temp relief.

>

> To help minimize heat on the body, I wear very light colored clothing and hunt for shade anywhere I can find it.

I feel your pain man. I'm battling that kind of humidity and heat right now and you have to pull out any and all tricks to stay cool enough to operate. I notice a considerable change in my mood from summer (angry and awful) to fall and winter (joyous). I almost had a bad heat incident this time last year at Capitol Hill RTJ Senator course. It was mid 90's, high humidity and absolutely no shade or breeze. I bought 6 beers and luckily had a liter of water with me. After 3 holes, I stopped drinking beer (only had 2.5 at that point) and I started walking everywhere with an umbrella. I couldn't drink enough water to keep up. I ended up leaving after 7 holes because I was getting light headed and legitimately thought I was going to fall out. If you don't manage your hydration from the start, you are done. You just can't operate efficiently unless you are used to working in it and/or in great physical shape.

I didn't realize that about sun tan lotion and the other point about the evaporative cooling, but it makes sense now that you mention it. I always try to bring a big cooler of ice and towel to soak. Put it around your neck and it works wonders

> @"Big Ben" said:

> Not sure if it’s just me but my tolerance for extreme heat coupled with high humidity has gotten worse as I’ve aged. I could play in anything as younger guy but now it really gets to me. It’s gonna be a steam fest in Ohio this year, it’s literally rained every day it seems. We are completely waterlogged.

Feel the same way dude. I look back at football two-a-days, double headers in baseball and I cannot understand how 1) we survived and 2) it wasn't that big of a deal.

Hydration is so important.

Or maybe get a cart if it's just too hot. I have two games this weekend and here in Canada where I am, it is forecasted to be 90 on Saturday and 100 F on Sunday. I've learned my lesson in the past and blew one of the most important game of my life, where I walked and brought just three bottles of water and it was forecasted to be 100 F. I was dehydrated at hole 6 and my two water bottles were warm as hell. I always bring my cooler now, loaded with ice, Gatorade and water and snacks. Better be safe than sorry.

I can't believe that the other guy I played with was walking too and did not even use a damn umbrella and was barely drinking water. And he won that tournament too. Maybe he was solar powered.

> @Mikey5e said:

> Irony I guess, those who complain about the heat and humidity are the ones who choose to go out and play golf in it? It's like someone who jumps off a bridge and complains how much it hurts when they hit the bottom.

It's like the people who complain about their ball coming to rest in a divot. Just take it out of the divot, problem solved!

• Like 1

> @Krt22 said:

> > @Mikey5e said:

> > Irony I guess, those who complain about the heat and humidity are the ones who choose to go out and play golf in it? It's like someone who jumps off a bridge and complains how much it hurts when they hit the bottom.

>

> It's like the people who complain about their ball coming to rest in a divot. Just take it out of the divot, problem solved!

So you are going to come over to this thread and get it shut down as well?

> @Mikey5e said:

> > @Krt22 said:

> > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > Irony I guess, those who complain about the heat and humidity are the ones who choose to go out and play golf in it? It's like someone who jumps off a bridge and complains how much it hurts when they hit the bottom.

> >

> > It's like the people who complain about their ball coming to rest in a divot. Just take it out of the divot, problem solved!

>

> So you are going to come over to this thread and get it shut down as well?

This thread was going along just fine until someone started complaining about people complaining.

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

I think it’s not about what you do the day of the heat, it’s what you’ve done leading up to it. If you eat fried foods cooked in veggie oil you’re sweating that stuff out and getting torched. Eat well, tons of greens...cool as a cucumber isn’t just a saying. Eat your meat prepared well. Heat is not a factor for me at all...I do wear sleeves and protect myself but while others are sweating through their shirts I’m fine and I honestly believe it’s my diet. Lime or lemon water pinch of pink salt on extreme heat days also will do more for you than any Gatorade type drink. I can’t believe people even drink those anymore