Cobra King forged CB/MB

> @QuigleyDU said:

> > @ptroedsson said:

> > Has anyone compared these with any other MBs like Titleist, Mizuno or Srixon? I believe they would differ in feel in this order (softest feel first) - Srixon, Mizuno, Titleist, Cobra.

>

> I have, they are not as soft as mizuno irons, but still feel good on solid hits.

Its a unique feel. Ive had several sets of mizzys, srixons, and titleists... the softest irons i ever hit being a set of fourteens.. Cobras have always had kind of a unique feel about them. These irons feel firm, and the impact is very dense and powerful feeling. Its a very contradictory feel vs. Appearance most likely due to the tungsten. Very compact heads that feel like they're bigger and heavier. Mizuno feels like a refined well tuned classical instrument and the Cobra's have kind of a rawness or roughness to them.

Personally i never cared for the feel of titleist forgings and i prefer the feel of older mizzys, the mp33's were my first new irons and they have a special place in my heart.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That bridge must have been busy... I jumped in as well.. Ordered them on 6/5/19, Cobra shipped them on 6/7/19 and arrived here in New York today.. I must agree.. they do look awesome !    

> @dmeeksDC said: > > @Golfingfanatic said: > > > @cadman88 said: > > > > @edgerat said: > > > > JUMP!!!! https://www.golfdiscount.com/cobra-king-satin-pr

Well.... I took the jump off the bridge!    

Just purchased set of CB's 5-GW with modus 105. Sorry to my Ping i210's. They are going to have to sit out a bit. Can't believe how easy the CB's are to hit. Bigger sole and bigger blade than MB. It just looks a little smaller because of the color but it's a decent size CB and really solid soft.

TM SIM 10.5*

TM SIM 15*

PXG 0341x Gen2 21* (TM SIM 21*)

PXG 0317x Gen2 22* (Adams 9031 Proto 23*)

Ping Blueprints 5-PW (PXG 0311st Gen3 5-PW)
Ping 2.0 stealth wedges 54* 60*

TM Spider (PXG Blackjack)
TP5

> @Hubijerk said:

> > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > @ptroedsson said:

> > > Has anyone compared these with any other MBs like Titleist, Mizuno or Srixon? I believe they would differ in feel in this order (softest feel first) - Srixon, Mizuno, Titleist, Cobra.

> >

> > I have, they are not as soft as mizuno irons, but still feel good on solid hits.

>

> Its a unique feel. Ive had several sets of mizzys, srixons, and titleists... the softest irons i ever hit being a set of fourteens.. Cobras have always had kind of a unique feel about them. These irons feel firm, and the impact is very dense and powerful feeling. Its a very contradictory feel vs. Appearance most likely due to the tungsten. Very compact heads that feel like they're bigger and heavier. Mizuno feels like a refined well tuned classical instrument and the Cobra's have kind of a rawness or roughness to them.

> Personally i never cared for the feel of titleist forgings and i prefer the feel of older mizzys, the mp33's were my first new irons and they have a special place in my heart.

I would agree with this. The Cobra's do not have a "bad" feeling to them. It is just different. Definitely not as soft as mizzy's, but still soft..ish.

Driver: Titleist TSi3 Ventus blue 6x

3 wood: Titleist Tsi2 15 Ventus blue 7x

& Wood: Titleist TSi2 Ventus Red 9X
Taylormade Gapr low 2 ventus blue 9x
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; LAB DF2.1
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX

Went and hit the MB 7 iron extensively on sim. I was amazed at how easy it is to hit for such a small head. It must be the smallest head there aside from the Blueprint. The 919 Tour dwarfed it. Anyways, I tried a bunch of combos against my current irons. I have to say I love the DG kick in mine but I do find they are kind of one trick ponies. I hit one shot the smallest fraction heavy with the MB and it lost maybe 3 yards (I just brushed the mat) but everything else was SOLID. I probably hit a 100 shots with it and they were all consistent for distance. The ball flight is high and it spun more than anything else I tried but I was so confident working the ball that it was no issue. Fitter was calling out shots and I could hit them all no problem. My "fade" with my current clubs is essentially a high, straight shot slightly right, with the MB I could actually curve it both ways without issue. I didn't hit a dime size spot either.. everything was middle but spread around a bit and all consistent. 7 iron was around 122 ball speed 39 yard peak height 6500k back spin 50 descent angle. Pretty ideal I think. I might grab a set and if I need to put PX in them to bring the flight and spin down I have them. Feel is incredible and I just felt so in control of the golf ball.

The real question though is what happens on your off days....

• Like 1

Callaway Mavrik SZ 9* Ventus Black 6x

Callaway EFSZ @ 14* Ventus Blue 7x

Callaway Rogue SZ TC 5w Tour AD TP 8x (Gamer) | Taylormade Sim UDI 2i Hzrdus Handcrafted Black 105x | Callaway TC Apex 2019 Hybrid @ 19* Veylix Rome 988X

Callaway X-Forged UT 24* Project X 6.0

Callaway Apex MB 5-PW Project X 6.5 | Srixon z745 4-PW Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Vokey JDM Forged 50F & 56M Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Taylormade Hi-Toe 4-Way Chrome 60.10 Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Odyssey White Hot Pro #7 (Gamer) | Odyssey White Hot Pro #1 | Byron Morgan DH89 34/70*/2*

Taylormade TP5X 2021

Linksouldier 

> @balls_deep said:

> Went and hit the MB 7 iron extensively on sim. I was amazed at how easy it is to hit for such a small head. It must be the smallest head there aside from the Blueprint. The 919 Tour dwarfed it. Anyways, I tried a bunch of combos against my current irons. I have to say I love the DG kick in mine but I do find they are kind of one trick ponies. I hit one shot the smallest fraction heavy with the MB and it lost maybe 3 yards (I just brushed the mat) but everything else was SOLID. I probably hit a 100 shots with it and they were all consistent for distance. The ball flight is high and it spun more than anything else I tried but I was so confident working the ball that it was no issue. Fitter was calling out shots and I could hit them all no problem. My "fade" with my current clubs is essentially a high, straight shot slightly right, with the MB I could actually curve it both ways without issue. I didn't hit a dime size spot either.. everything was middle but spread around a bit and all consistent. 7 iron was around 122 ball speed 39 yard peak height 6500k back spin 50 descent angle. Pretty ideal I think. I might grab a set and if I need to put PX in them to bring the flight and spin down I have them. Feel is incredible and I just felt so in control of the golf ball.

>

> The real question though is what happens on your off days....

If you hit it inside the grooves in the bottom half of the clubhead it's survivable. But Once you get them set up and weighted to you're liking you're "middle but spread out" contact will most likely be you're off day.

> @Hubijerk said:

> > @balls_deep said:

> > Went and hit the MB 7 iron extensively on sim. I was amazed at how easy it is to hit for such a small head. It must be the smallest head there aside from the Blueprint. The 919 Tour dwarfed it. Anyways, I tried a bunch of combos against my current irons. I have to say I love the DG kick in mine but I do find they are kind of one trick ponies. I hit one shot the smallest fraction heavy with the MB and it lost maybe 3 yards (I just brushed the mat) but everything else was SOLID. I probably hit a 100 shots with it and they were all consistent for distance. The ball flight is high and it spun more than anything else I tried but I was so confident working the ball that it was no issue. Fitter was calling out shots and I could hit them all no problem. My "fade" with my current clubs is essentially a high, straight shot slightly right, with the MB I could actually curve it both ways without issue. I didn't hit a dime size spot either.. everything was middle but spread around a bit and all consistent. 7 iron was around 122 ball speed 39 yard peak height 6500k back spin 50 descent angle. Pretty ideal I think. I might grab a set and if I need to put PX in them to bring the flight and spin down I have them. Feel is incredible and I just felt so in control of the golf ball.

> >

> > The real question though is what happens on your off days....

>

> If you hit it inside the grooves in the bottom half of the clubhead it's survivable. But Once you get them set up and weighted to you're liking you're "middle but spread out" contact will most likely be you're off day.

If I miss it's because I get quick and contact is slightly heavy. I don't slap them off the toe etc unless on a silly 45 degree angle hill ball above your feet in the rough sort of thing. I figure I've got decent enough speed given the ball speed and 175-180 carry with 7i. Plenty of height and lots of spin. I felt like I couldn't miss the thing. Great feel too it's not butter but it's not cast hard? It's like a crisp crack at impact. Brilliant clubs.

Callaway Rogue SZ TC 5w Tour AD TP 8x (Gamer) | Taylormade Sim UDI 2i Hzrdus Handcrafted Black 105x | Callaway TC Apex 2019 Hybrid @ 19* Veylix Rome 988X

Callaway Apex MB 5-PW Project X 6.5 | Srixon z745 4-PW Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Odyssey White Hot Pro #7 (Gamer) | Odyssey White Hot Pro #1 | Byron Morgan DH89 34/70*/2*

Taylormade TP5X 2021

Linksouldier 

Any more reviews on these? I'm not worried about the 7-PW but I'm a bit worried about the help in 4-6 vs my iBlades. Anybody owned/hit both?

Taylormade TP5X 2021

Linksouldier 

The long irons are so good and very easy to hit. I went to the cb in the longer clubs for looks not performance. The mb is just as easy to hit and to me darn near as forgiving. Slight misses really aren’t hurt the club is very stable.

SRIXON ZX5 9.5 MIYAZAKI MIZORE 60X.                                              SRIXON ZX 13.5 MIYAZAKI MIZORE 70X                                               SRIXON H85 16 MATRIX BLACKTIE 95 SRIXON Z FORGED 4-PW CATALYST 100 6.5                                   CLEVELAND RTX4 50* CATALYST 100 6.0                                        CLEVELAND RTX4 54* CATALYST 100 6.0                                         CLEVELAND RTX4 58* CATALYST 100 6.0.                                             SEEMORE mFGP20 PLATINUM 38” SNELL MTB-X

> @mogc60 said:

> The long irons are so good and very easy to hit. I went to the cb in the longer clubs for looks not performance. The mb is just as easy to hit and to me darn near as forgiving. Slight misses really aren’t hurt the club is very stable.

Nice. I found the distance with the 7i to be very consistent on monitor. I figure I don’t mind the help in the long irons, though I was tempted to go a full set of blades. If they are even close to the iblades in terms of miss hit protection I think I’ll be very happy. The feedback was superb and I have never been more comfortable moving the ball in any direction. I also tend to not swing indoors very well for some reason and I was hitting the MB so well.

Taylormade TP5X 2021

Linksouldier 

> @jamgam said:

> Had a chance to hit these today. They're like a sledge hammer with the KBS 120s. Felt really nice and love the blacked out look. I'm probably going to be poorer soon enough

Something about the combo I had didn't work for me. Moved them on and shot +6 with my iBlades today. I think it's just the DG I preferred. Have a set of MP5 on the way with S300 to test against my iBlades next.

Taylormade TP5X 2021

Linksouldier 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Blades? Or CBs?

Driver: Titleist TSi3 Ventus blue 6x

3 wood: Titleist Tsi2 15 Ventus blue 7x

& Wood: Titleist TSi2 Ventus Red 9X
Taylormade Gapr low 2 ventus blue 9x
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; LAB DF2.1
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX

I’ve looked at a set of these numerous times, just don’t have the game for them.

The super compact head and virtually no offset is just something else right now on the market. As others stated Blueprints are also in the same category but modern irons aren’t often like these. The black finish is also very well done.

• 2 weeks later...

I just ordered a 3-P set with ctaper 125's that'll be here Monday hopefully. I'm planning on striping the color out and doing my own, probably lime green/grey. I'm excited to swing them after having mizunos in my bag for the last decade.

Taylormade M3 9*  KBS TD Cat4

Taylormade M3 4HL Hzrdus Yellow 63g

New Level 18* KBS Tour Prototype 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tours 3-PW Project X 6.0's

Cleveland RTX4 Raw 50/54/58 Project X 7.0's

Byron Morgan Stainless DH89 w/ Stability Tour / / Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2 

Bridgestone Tour B XS 

Purdy

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM Original One 11.5*, one click lower loft, Aldila RIP Alpha 80 X -or- Aldila NV105 X

3w: Cobra King LTD, Aldila RIP Beta 90 X
Hybrid:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour 2h, NV105 S

Irons grab bag:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4; 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; PM Grind 19 58*
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Rife Bimini, 34"
Balls: Wilson Staff Duo Professional or TaylorMade TP5

Mine arrived early Saturday morning so I made a time for Sunday, didn't hit range balls and went straight to the course. Shot 74 and couldn't chip or putt to save my life.

I enjoy swinging them , they're more forgiving than you'd think but if you don't hit the middle you know it immediately. My mishits we're about 10 yards short... I toed a pitching wedge that I thought broke the club it felt so bad.

I'd be interested in swinging the 2018-2019 version with the dual weights versus my older single weight heads and seeing if there's a difference.

I need to take them to be loft and lied this weekend or next, I'm hoping that will tighten up my misses on the face.

Taylormade M3 9*  KBS TD Cat4

Taylormade M3 4HL Hzrdus Yellow 63g

New Level 18* KBS Tour Prototype 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tours 3-PW Project X 6.0's

Cleveland RTX4 Raw 50/54/58 Project X 7.0's

Byron Morgan Stainless DH89 w/ Stability Tour / / Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2 

Bridgestone Tour B XS